Home
https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/0...Lk6JFNnjfFpMuu9SmUrC2JxC9pZ0IaJ8MuiYWK-Q
Something to consider, for sure. I am getting ready to put together a will and family Trust. This is something I will check out before selecting a lawyer. Thanks for posting.
Just don't get a lieberal lawyer. If they're a demoncrap they're bad news from the git go.
My attorney is a member of our local gun club and somewhat of a black rifle fanatic. No worries for me, I would think.
What is an “enhanced carry license”?
Welcome to "The Minority Report". We all thought it was just a movie. Turns out it was prophesy.

May not be there quite yet but are taking steps in that direction it seems.
I cant think of any context where my attorney would ask or I would answer that particular question.
Thanks for the thread!
Originally Posted by ironbender

I can only speak for Idaho. We're a constitutional carry state so no permit is needed. You can get a regular permit if you like which lets you buy guns without a background check but not much else. It's not accepted in most other states. To get it all you need is a background check and some kind of gun experience, like an honorable discharge, a hunters safety class, etc. It's pretty simple.
Then there's the enhanced permit that requires a class by a registered instructor and range time. It is accepted by a bunch of other states. It'll also let you carry on college campuses which the regular permit won't.
Choose your estate lawyer carefully. Even if they are ignorant to gun laws, that’s just as bad as a democrat.
I will remember this, thanks
I got my permit from some boys with 19th judicial task force. More of a jurisprudence training than paper punching.

Only a douchebag wanders around lowes with a 1911 in a drop rig and a pit bull on a leash, and a My Wounds Are On The Inside t-shirt on.

Originally Posted by smokepole
I cant think of any context where my attorney would ask or I would answer that particular question.

Divorce
The fact you guys are taking anything in the Federalist as credible is damn funny.
Thank, RC. We are constitutional as well.

I've long thought that it was an epic fail if it was evident that someone could determine if a person is carrying "concealed".
LMAO

Bullschit article.
My doc and attorney shot the same gun club as me LOL
Originally Posted by hookeye
My doc and attorney shot the same gun club as me LOL

I’ve actually bought a shotgun from my attorney 🤠
He’s a big bird hunter. Another attorney friend of mine has hunted Africa at least a dozen times.
Funny, in my burg two lawyers have killed themselves w their own guns.....one in a public place after stealing a lot of money. Some other stuff too...so seems to me for such a small group.....the criminal and dangerous might just be those in the legal profession.
Double post deleted
Theres a reason i refer to them as lowyers.
What lawyer is conservative?
Originally Posted by deflave
LMAO

Bullschit article.

I'm inclined to agree. If you've got a lawyer that pulls that kind of stuff on you either:

1) You're an obvious danger to yourself or those around you, and the referral is legit.
2) You've failed to vette your lawyer properly before engaging him.

If your lawyer rats on you to the cops for lawful gun ownership, then your lawyer is unnecessarily prejudicing anything coming up against you. If it happened to me, I'd seek disbarment.

Don't ever say to your lawyer: "I've got a gun and I'll use it to get my way."
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

I know several. Family and friends. My guns are already set aside. Florida requires no records of ownership, or proof of what you do with them.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I know several. Family and friends. My guns are already set aside. Florida requires no records of ownership, or proof of what you do with them.

I know several too Sam.
Originally Posted by viking

Originally Posted by smokepole

Divorce

Like I said.
I think that article is total crap. I known a lot of liberal attorneys and can’t think of a single one that would rat a client for the scenario presented in the article. I’m also confident that every state bar would discipline an attorney who breached client confidence in that scenario. And that includes in states that require reporting, not just those that allow reporting like the ABA rule.

I don’t particularly like attorneys, though I happen to be one. It worries me greatly that medical professionals and psychotherapists seem increasingly eager to break privilege (see the aftermath of the Aurora theater shooting), but the bar still takes privilege pretty damn seriously.
I think the article is crap too. Most lawyers/judges I know would more likely strike up a conversation about guns or hunting.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Something to consider, for sure. I am getting ready to put together a will and family Trust. This is something I will check out before selecting a lawyer. Thanks for posting.

Seek out an attorney who is known for establishing trusts for NFA firearms. Your local gun shop should know who they are.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I’ve actually bought a shotgun from my attorney 🤠
He’s a big bird hunter.

?! What th ehell man. Why would anyone hunt Big Bird?
My attorney is a gun nut and also the Prosecuting attorney . He carries as does his wife who is a partner in the firm as well . Both travel to hunt upland and bow hunt deer and he’s expressed interest in going elk hunting with us. I trust him completely. There’s only 10,000 people in our whole county and it’s rare a Democrat even runs for local office.
My attorney is the Executive Director of the Tennessee Firearms Association. I am the West TN Board Member, I am good here...
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got my permit from some boys with 19th judicial task force. More of a jurisprudence training than paper punching.

Only a douchebag wanders around lowes with a 1911 in a drop rig and a pit bull on a leash, and a My Wounds Are On The Inside t-shirt on.

+1
Originally Posted by ironbender

Depends on the state. Usually allows you to carry in places that have restrictions, like public schools.

Almost every single one I know, including my wife.
© 24hourcampfire