Home
i like fishing creeks with lightweight lures. 1/8-3/16 ounce. Too light and too short of cast for a baitcast.

To catch bream and bass. I love red bellies.

Grew up with zebco one classics. The made in USA ones.

What’s the modern day equivalent? Smooth reeling. Prolly put it on a pistol grip ugly stick.
Nobody that I know of. Get spinning equipment. It's easier...even on the kids.
I got a couple old favorites from high school days for such.

Garcia Abu 170 (can run 17 ld line) and a 140. The latter is great for using on bedded gills by using a small wt 6 inches above a worm tipped perch hook. Cast out and hop it back on the bottom and have fun. Got them from ebay.

[Linked Image]

A steal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Garcia-Abu-Matic-170-Spin-Casting-Fishing-Reel-Sweden-Good-Working-Condition/183790659111?hash=item2acac6e627:g:dOgAAOSwcHRcxRYc&redirect=mobile
zebco's are the only ones i know of.
Spincast reels are like side-by-side shotguns. They SUCK, but some people just can't let go of them
Diawa Silver cast And Gold Cast
Zebco Omega and Omega Pro are good ones if you want to stay with spin-cast. However, there are better spinning reels available for cheaper.
Zebco Bullet. Hands down.
Daiwa or Shakespeare pairs well with uglysticks. And yes spinning vs spincast.
Pfluger Presidents aren't to bad. I bought one for my daughter when she was little and after she gave up on fishing I moved it over on a real rod and use it for throwing lightweight stuff
Diawa Gold cast if you really must
Not saying I’ll trade in my Lews baitcasters.... just need something for creek fishing.

Tell me more about better spinning reels. And how they work with light lures.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Spincast reels are like side-by-side shotguns. They SUCK, but some people just can't let go of them

^ that about covers it

Pfleuger Presidential UL loaded w/ 2 lb fluorocarbon is a favorite w/ 1/64th oz trout magnet on 5.5 ft UL rod.
I haven’t used spin cast since I was a kid, but my son and wife do.

The bullets are nice, all metal reels. Like side by sides, someone else ain’t good enough to hit [bleep], so they’re junk.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

The bullets are nice, all metal reels. Like side by sides, someone else ain’t good enough to hit [bleep], so they’re junk.

Lol ..there's a reason "good" spincast reels are hard to find and no serious shotgunner uses a side-by-side. If you like the nostalgic aspects of them, that's great.

Lol ..there's a reason "good" spincast reels are hard to find and no serious shotgunner uses a side-by-side. If you like the nostalgic aspects of them, that's great.

They’re not hard to find, that’s the thing. I personally use an OU, and i’m a fairly serious shotgunner. Plenty of guys out there that will kick the crap outta those other guys and do it with a SXS. Nostalgic my ass.
Maybe because I grew up with them & not the most coordinated person on the creek bank, but,,, always liked them & wondered what exactly was wrong with them & why premium models were never produced..
I've used bait cast style a ton, in the ocean and river. But I grew up using and still use spinning out fits for certain things and casting in a crick would be one of them. There's not much to a spinning reel as long is its got a decent drag that holds and has real metal gears it'll work well for a long time. I've got an Abu on an ultralight rod, a Shimano or two and have had Diawas in the past too no complaints about any. Like most things stay away from the entry models and look for stainless gears and bearings.
Johnson Century!

They’re not hard to find, that’s the thing. I personally use an OU, and i’m a fairly serious shotgunner. Plenty of guys out there that will kick the crap outta those other guys and do it with a SXS. Nostalgic my ass.

Easy enough. Show us the skeet, trap or sporting clays champions that did it with a S/S.
[quote=16bore]Johnson Century![/quote

My choice as well!
I didn’t say that, I just implied they’d beat the likes of you. I’m sure they’re out there though, look it up yourself. I’m not your mother.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
i like fishing creeks with lightweight lures. 1/8-3/16 ounce. Too light and too short of cast for a baitcast.

What’s the modern day equivalent? Smooth reeling. Prolly put it on a pistol grip ugly stick.

Define "spin cast". If throwing light weights is what you want, a spinning reel really cannot be beat. Could you mean spinning reel when oyu say "spin cast"?

Spin cast to me, means the closed face reels, which I for one do not understand why are even still made. They are usually a child's reel..no disrespect intended. Spinning reels cast further and usually have better and smoother drags.
Spincast = zedco 33, omega, one, one classic. , 202. 303. Etc...
I didn’t say that, I just implied they’d beat the likes of you. I’m sure they’re out there though, look it up yourself. I’m not your mother.

I'm probably not a "serious shotgunner" as you define yourself, so the "likes of me" is pretty easy to beat.

But not with a side-by-side.
I use Garcia Abumatic 170’s. About $50.

I'm probably not a "serious shotgunner" as you define yourself, so the "likes of me" is pretty easy to beat.

That’s not what I said, but typical for you.

Wanna bet?
Get a spinning reel. Spincaster’s are for kids.

Shimano Stradic is good as are the Penn Saltwater spinning reels (anodized aluminum spool). When I use spinning gear I usually use my Penns for saltwater and my Shimanos for fresh water but that’s not a hard and fast rule of mine. You likely need something no bigger than a 1000 series sized reel and I doubt good drags are required.

Some of the Okuma stuff is likely to serve you well and not cost much. I’m not a fan of their bigger fish stuff but the kids use the hell out of one I gave them to fish the local ponds. They catch trout, bass, perch and damn near everything on an Okuma 1000 sized spinning reel and they’re not gentle with their equipment. 😉

Good luck. 👍
Originally Posted by efw

Pfleuger Presidential UL loaded w/ 2 lb fluorocarbon is a favorite w/ 1/64th oz trout magnet on 5.5 ft UL rod.

Those are hard to beat for the money. I’ve got several of them for crappie fishing. Absolutely love em.
I fat fingered a bass pro Brand spincast today @ BPS. Seemed nice gears. Thumb button was iffy. Fraid to break it shuffling in John boat. Maybe a deal for $29.
I like my brand new KastKing spinning reel mounted on my old faithful Ugly Stick rod. Bought the reel through Amazon for about 50 bucks and so far I love the performance. I have it rigged up with 30 lb test braid line fishing for striped bass on the Sacramento River.

My setup should be able to handle a legal sturgeon as well.
I tried to convert my dad to spinning reels, but after a lifetime of spincast it just didn't take. He only fishes for perch off the pier anyway, so no bid deal, but he paired
it with one of the original Ugly Stiks that had the sensitivity of a wet noodle, and completed the combo with some nice old school 12lb line....still managed to catch fish. For his birthday this year I got my him a Pflueger President and a halfway decent Fenwick, its nothing special but should be much better suited than what he's been using. He was real happy with it apparently, but something tells me if I go down there this summer, sneak down to the pier and see what's in his hands, its probably the ol Shakespeare with some 30 year old spincast on top, spooling out loopy coils of thick flourescent mono...

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?

You’re so sneaky. Is that a yes?

Wanna bet?

My bent barrelled 870 against your side-by-side?
Originally Posted by 16bore
Johnson Century!

Ive had more than my share of fun with those too, as a kid and until several years ago used one for fishing minnows for crappie.

Wanna bet?

Lmfao, Sure. Your 870 against my SXS on skeet or sporting clays, the ones you mentioned.

Wanna bet?

Lmfao, Sure. Your 870 against my SXS on skeet or sporting clays, the ones you mentioned.

Okay. That sounds like something we can make happen. I'll put a new coat of paint on it.

[/quote]

Wanna bet?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay. That sounds like something we can make happen. I'll put a new coat of paint on it.[/quote]

What’s the bet? Let’s make it worth while. I’ll let you pick the range between us.
Bigdave, With spinning reels don’t use the handle to flip the bail, flip it manually with your fingers otherwise you’ll have a tangled mess. Use light line when using light weight....like a good 2# mono. Make sure you spool the reel with the line going onto your spool in the same direction as it comes off the bulk spool....otherwise you’ll have a tangled mess. 😁

Spinning gear is simple and foolproof...you don’t have to worry about backlash and it’s easy to use your hands when flipping lightweight and with a little practice and depending upon rod length you can get some distance with ultralight gear without ever flipping the bail.

Again....my friend.....Good Luck. 👍
I liked the Johnson reels.
Jesse don't do it. The bent barrel 870 is the Grail. I've seen it in action.

That said, Pat you'll have to school me on the baitcast. My wife's late father who I'm totally sure was punking me whilst fishing for bass on the St. Johns river in Fl. handed over the worst dognutted abomination of a baitcast rig. Total fail.

I really do need to come and fish with you.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Johnson Century!

Ive had more than my share of fun with those too, as a kid and until several years ago used one for fishing minnows for crappie.

Add a glass rod and pile of Mepps
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Bigdave, With spinning reels don’t use the handle to flip the bail, flip it manually with your fingers otherwise you’ll have a tangled mess. Use light line when using light weight....like a good 2# mono. Make sure you spool the reel with the line going onto your spool in the same direction as it comes off the bulk spool....otherwise you’ll have a tangled mess. 😁

Spinning gear is simple and foolproof...you don’t have to worry about backlash and it’s easy to use your hands when flipping lightweight and with a little practice and depending upon rod length you can get some distance with ultralight gear without ever flipping the bail.

Again....my friend.....Good Luck. 👍

Thanks.

Any brand you favor? I like Lews bait casters. Maybe they make good spinning reels ,
Originally Posted by JLimbo

That said, Pat you'll have to school me on the baitcast. My wife's late father who I'm totally sure was punking me whilst fishing for bass on the St. Johns river in Fl. handed over the worst dognutted abomination of a baitcast rig. Total fail.

😀 I’m thinking at least 5k..

Even kids do better with spinning stuff...they can see how it works.

You can buy me out for a lot less than that, but you can't outshoot me with a s/s.

You can buy me out for a lot less than that, but you can't outshoot me with a s/s.

Clays ain’t the same as birds, buddy. We betting or not?

You damn sure can’t do it with an 870. Name the amount...

Even kids do better with spinning stuff...they can see how it works.

Dang Pat. I might have to file a hurt feelers report. grin
Sounds like a get-together to me. Amount? Lol ..I don't have any money. I was thinking more like Tee-shirt of choice. I'll post the event tomorrow.
Dave , there's an old Zebco 1 in the Classifieds now for $45 ....( search longshot3 ) . I like the old Johnsons too . I use both old classic open face & closed face , but my favorite is a closed face under the rod type Shakespeare 1756 or 1810 mounted towards the rear of a Spinning Rod with the Reel mounted underneath . This whole deal is configured like a Fly Rod but these Rods are very hard to find these days . I prefer to cast right handed , but to crank left handed . YMMV .
T-shirt? I’m moving and was hoping you’d pay pay for that. I ain’t got time for that [bleep].
Only one I’ve owned was a Zebco 202. Haven’t used one since I was maybe 7 or 8 years old.

My uncle was a spin cast guy. I remember handing him a spinning rig one day and he flipped it upside and started reeling backwards. Lol.
I’m left handed. So RH reals seemed common.
Johnson Century!

I have a couple of old Johnson Century's in like new condition. They are really nice. Perfect for the grand kids. All of my fishing tackle is vintage 60s-70s stuff in like new condition. All made in the U.S.A. too! MAGA! Sort of suspends all the good memories of growing up with that tackle.
Wouldn't have one. Spinning all the way, as LT Powell said.
Zebco 808
I’m left handed. So RH reals seemed common.

Handles are bisexual on spinning reels, you can change them from side to side. Shimano or Penn.
FWIW I have spinning reels, baitcasters, fly reels and a side-cast reel. I bought my wife a spincaster a few years ago, because of how simple they are to use, and it turned out to be such nice thing to use for flicking light lures that I bought myself one. Ours are both Zebco, a 202 and a Rhino 33.

There again, among my shotguns I have a SxS. Two, if you count the drilling. I like them too.

This is supposed to be fun, isn't it?
+1, I think the heyday of the top spincasters was about the 1970's. Zebco made some decent ones after that, with ball bearings, etc.

But the Johnson Century's were a no-bearing option that just felt good, and were a lot of fun to fish....and still are. I think they date back to the 1960's. The Swedish Abu 170 was also a nice reel, but heavier duty than the Johnsons. For small stuff, I'd go with the Johnson loaded with light line and for heavier the Abu 170. Abu even made some heavier models than the 170.

Another poster talked about the old Shakespeare and Pfleuger underspins, that you set into freespool by backing up the handle. Many of these were actually very well made, precision products. My grandpa used them mounted on fly rods (the white blank Shakespeare "wonder rod" versions), and I have since inherited them and use them every now and then. My problem with these was the slow retrieve. Still they are kind of cool, but better for bait fishing than casting and cranking lures.

Spin cast reels are just another tool, you just need to leverage their strong points. I have used all of the ones mentioned, and also completely restored/blueprinted multiples of each, so am familiar with them.

IMO, Where spincasters really shine is on small creeks with lots of overhanging brush. You can poke a rod tip through the brush and then just pop a button to let the bait drop. They are also good for bow and arrow casts when no backcast is possible.

Lotta fun to be had with a spincaster….
Spin caster, you mean like one of these?

[Linked Image]

Johnson Century!

Add a glass rod and pile of Mepps

Hahaha, for sure that. I loved that emerald green spool cover and the drag dial on top of the gear box.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

Hah! The "Popiels Pocket Fisherman!" , the 70's version of today's self deploying miracle garden hoses!

Pretty much useless for fishing, but excellent for reminiscing on a bygone era!

Wanna bet?

We have a bookie here who'll lay down odds? I want in for $500 on the dude running the bent barrel.

Oh, and do yourself and the kids a favor and go with a spinning reel. Once they figure it out they'll be set for life on using one. Later they can thank you for saving them the horror of unscrewing the top off a reel to discover their first day ending bird's nest from hell inside... wink

Right now I think there's a Zebco 1, a Shakespeare and a Pflueger out in the garage. They will all suffice. I started out with a Garcia 5000 open face casting reel. One of the best ever. I used to watch Virgil Ward though and he always shilled Johnson reels. I got a Century and it was fine. I expect my cousin's still got it along with the St.Croix rod I gave him with it. I have no experience with Garcia or Daiwa spincasters. They're probably fine but all the ones I mentioned will work and won't break the bank. I honestly didn't know Johnson's were still made.
My grandfather bought me a Zebco 202 when I was 8. He had an original Zebco 33--50's vintage. When I grew up a bit, I bought myself a Zebco 404. They all did a good job back in my day, but then I got to be a reel snob and bought my first Garcia Mitchell 300 spinning reel and put all the spincasts in the closet.

About 25 years ago, I was starting to get back into fishing-- mostly due to my sons. As each came online, I bought them a Zebco 202 rig, and I bought myself an 808. I also brought out Grandpa's 33. It was still in perfect condition. There is a noticeable difference in design and execution between all these reels. Grandpa's was built like a sewing machine. The 202's I bought 25 years ago were cheap toys by comparison. Still, they all worked, and not a one of them has broken down in the interceding years.

Look, I'm now 50 years into buying my own fishing tackle. As long as you understand that the limitations of these devices, I'd not think twice about a Zebco, a Garcia, or a Johnson.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ew/1/vintage-zebco-1-fishing-reel#UNREAD

Here ya go!
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

Hah! The "Popiels Pocket Fisherman!" , the 70's version of today's self deploying miracle garden hoses!

Pretty much useless for fishing, but excellent for reminiscing on a bygone era!

Oh man....we had a pile of those things. I’ve got a picture somewhere of my brother sitting on a pond bank and one of those hanging off his foot..

Too friggin funny.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Right now I think there's a Zebco 1, a Shakespeare and a Pflueger out in the garage. They will all suffice. I started out with a Garcia 5000 open face casting reel. One of the best ever. I used to watch Virgil Ward though and he always shilled Johnson reels. I got a Century and it was fine. I expect my cousin's still got it along with the St.Croix rod I gave him with it. I have no experience with Garcia or Daiwa spincasters. They're probably fine but all the ones I mentioned will work and won't break the bank. I honestly didn't know Johnson's were still made.

Speaking of St Croix rods. Picked up these 2 freshwater spinning rods yesterday at BassPro to go with the 2 Pfleuger Presidents I got on sale there a few months ago.

Love St Croix rods.

[Linked Image]
I still got an old “quickfire” Shimano. Rear drags suck, no anti-reverse sucks, but I’ve used it a ton over the years.

Hell, is still $20 Berkeley Cherrywood rods.

Cheap mofo!
A pair of Pfluegers here on St Croix rods. Dads is the President. My boys is the next step up, can’t remember the name but was on sale for same price so thought I’d try it out. I’ve got a half dozen Presidents, half with 2 lb line for trout, half 6 lb line for crappie. Hard to beat for $50.
[Linked Image]
Why in the hell would you want one that works like an old zebco? Get a lightweight spinning reel and call it a day.
If you're good with your thumb or 'all thumbs' - spin cast is the only way to go!

I have a Zebco 33 Omega that is probably close to 40 years old. I would love to get it fixed and usable again. The release button won’t release the line anymore. It has sat on an Ugly Stick since the day I bought it.
Fishing gear goes full circle just like everything else. A 6’6” ML spinning rod, Shimano, 6# Trilene XL. Mepps, Rapala’s, & 4” Slider worms are about all I monkey with anymore.
Dve-

PM me your address and I'll send you 3 differnt styles from old to new to test drive. Keep the one you like, and give the other 2 to some little kid who likes fishing more than long division.
Oh, and as for spinning reel, the comments so far have been dead on.

I like a flueger president spinning size 30 (model # 6930) . They get a lot of use. They are the toyota camry or ford ranger of reels.

Serious about the spincasters. I have gear I dont need.
I fished a lot with a nondescript Garcia Abu-Matic spinning reel. It wasn't very expensive but it worked great.
Darn. The light gold Abu is a 275 instead of a 140.
The Johnson is smallest of all but is closer to the phone camera. I hope to use it for gills this year.

[Linked Image]forensic anthropology working conditions
The Johnson is smallest of all but is closer to the phone camera. I hope to use it for gills this year.

Never seen one of those RC.

[Linked Image]
There sure are a lot of reel "Snobs" on here.
I have two Zebco 33's, two Jonson "Century" models, all made in the U S A.
And 6 Shimano Quickfire spinning reels.
A Penn 209
3 Okuma's
2 Daiwa underspins
Ans two big Shakespere spinners that were made here too.
Almost all the spincast reels on the market today are cheap made in china crap.
To all the Snobs who insist you get them a spinning reel,,,,,,,,,Buzz Off!
Spincasters are way easier to learn on and fit a chillds hand better [ ya didn't think of that, did ya?]
Even though they are made in chinkland, Zebco is still the wat to go.

[Linked Image]

Clear water spawners. You can see the gravel of its bed below it, to the right in the pic. This water is about 4 ft deep and iirc that is a split shot above the redear. If casting to their bed wont draw a strike you can get over the bed and lower and raise the split shot dropping it on the nose of the fish on its bed and get it aggravated enough to suck the worm covered hook just below the weight into ther mouth. You can not strike fast enough to hook it. It sees you jerk the rod up and spits the hook faster than you can blink your eye, so fast you can barely see the hook and worm fly out. Often you miss seeing it happen. In this event you just dont jerk when the fish sucks it in. You just dont move and let the fish swim the hooked worm out of its bed. When you feel the pull, jerk.

[Linked Image]

This bass took a 7 inch sunfish under a cork i had cast out to deeper water.

[Linked Image]
RC, is that at your lake house?
Private lake in east Texas. I cant get my darn boat out of the repair shop to get to go to the lake. Also, the floods earlier have off colored tje wster and it has a slimey scum growth and my BIL hasnt been doing any good fishing for a few months.

My son was tied up last year and i didnt go until Oct and fished with my BIL. We got some bass but no crappie. They just had big rains in that country and i dont know when the fishing will pick up.

Cousin Shannon and his grandson. Hes holding Hunters rod out of the way while focused on bumping a redear on the nose with his splitshot. I think we stopped at 50 that day.

Shannon is one of the most fish catching men alive almost whatever river, bay, lake he gets on for crappie, whites, bass, yellow cat, blues,channel, redears, bluegills, specks, reds, rainbows in Mo. Its depressing.

[Linked Image]
The issue with spincast reels is that they are dead technology. In other words, no one is making any improvements to their spincast reels technology wise, and what they settled on is one of the most challenged fishing methods available.

They do have a small niche in a few places, and are the go to for kids reels because they are cheap to produce and sell, and are prone to being thrown in the garage or trash after some time when kids get tired of them or newbie fisherman who dont necessarily take care of their equipment let them rot to the state of unusability. I’m not a reel snob at all, and when it comes to fishing, I’m a strong proponent of whatever gets you outdoors fishing is great. But technology has past them long ago, and spinning reels are the wave of the future as starter reels go. They are mostly ambidextrous, have much better drags, cast better, and have much better line management than spincast reels do. They normally will outlast all but the most robust spincast reels (as long as they are not total junk spinning reels). They are almost as easy for kids to use as spincast reels with a little instruction, and kids can carry on using them beyond their toddler years because they already know the system.

My vote is for the spinning reel, though I do like my baitcasters and conventional reels (which many people seem challenged to figure out for some reason).
I agree. When after serious fish i use these shimanos, garcia revos, 5000cs, diawas, lews pro.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
The issue with spincast reels is that they are dead technology. In other words, no one is making any improvements to their spincast reels technology wise, and what they settled on is one of the most challenged fishing methods available.

They do have a small niche in a few places, and are the go to for kids reels because they are cheap to produce and sell, and are prone to being thrown in the garage or trash after some time when kids get tired of them or newbie fisherman who dont necessarily take care of their equipment let them rot to the state of unusability. I’m not a reel snob at all, and when it comes to fishing, I’m a strong proponent of whatever gets you outdoors fishing is great. But technology has past them long ago, and spinning reels are the wave of the future as starter reels go. They are mostly ambidextrous, have much better drags, cast better, and have much better line management than spincast reels do. They normally will outlast all but the most robust spincast reels (as long as they are not total junk spinning reels). They are almost as easy for kids to use as spincast reels with a little instruction, and kids can carry on using them beyond their toddler years because they already know the system.

My vote is for the spinning reel, though I do like my baitcasters and conventional reels (which many people seem challenged to figure out for some reason).

Good post Captain, and kids take to the spinning tackle very well...because they can see how it works. I have nothing against spincasters....that Abu 170 was my pride and joy 50 years ago. BUT...you better get used to losing "the big one". I know ...I know....it's possible to catch a tarpon on a 202, but not without 400# braid and an expert on the rod.
I picked up a Zebco Rhino several years ago and used it last summer to catch bass and walleye on the Mississippi. It worked flawlessly.

kwg

IMO, that would be the Zebco Bullet except its way better in every way than the older ones (Ones, 808's etc) I grew up with. I was loaned one on a fishing trip and could not believe how nice it was. Reels in fast like a baitcast and slings light lures a long way. I think it would be ideal for what you describe doing.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/zebco-bullet-spincast-reel
I bought one of those Bass Pro spincast reels today. Pretty nice, and gears were smooth. $30 for a decent reel. Brought it home, tied a black and yellow spinner on it and caught 2 bass in my pond and lost 3 more. I liked it.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
A pair of Pfluegers here on St Croix rods. Dads is the President. My boys is the next step up, can’t remember the name but was on sale for same price so thought I’d try it out. I’ve got a half dozen Presidents, half with 2 lb line for trout, half 6 lb line for crappie. Hard to beat for $50.
[Linked Image]

I would never be anywhere else. Nice setup!!
Thanks for all the replies.

Had a Christmas bass pro card i needed to use.

Picked up a pflueger president and an ugly stick.

Now to wait in rain to stop and creek go down.
They need a heavy lure/bait and new line to cast well. I have an ancient Pflueger Akron that I love. Still cooking after 45+ years. It has a certain use, but does it well.
The only Spincast I ever had was a Daiwa Gold-cast
Soon got tired of its poor ergonomics and other limitations.
it just can't compare to a low-slung baitcaster for feel and control.

Todays generation of small high performance spinning reels
and high tech matching rods; are so light, powerful and versatile.

Something like a Daiwa Exist or Steez and a high grade Daiwa stick
with those AGS carbon fibre line guides ..Are my kind of thing.

Originally Posted by Starman
The only Spincast I ever had was a Daiwa Gold-cast
Soon got tired of its poor ergonomics and other limitations.
it just can't compare to a low-slung baitcaster for feel and control.

Todays generation of small high performance spinning reels
and high tech matching rods; are so light, powerful and versatile.

Something like a Daiwa Exist or Steez and a high grade Daiwa stick
with those AGS carbon fibre line guides ..Are my kind of thing.

No need for a $500 setup to creek fish.
Learn how to use a baitcaster. You can do more with it once you learn how to use it.

No need for a $500 setup to creek fish.

Be it hunting out fishing , many folks will spend well beyond what they need,
simply cause they like or want.

and Using top notch gear makes all my fishing time more pleasurable.
You’re bigstikin it now.

I’d bet my lunch money you couldn’t tell the diff your steez/ Daiwa setup and my lews / dobyns setup.

Spinner reel folks,

Close the bail by hand or turn the handle?
You’re bigstikin it now. ..

Im just mentioning how many people will and do spend their money on gun gear and fishing gear.

what you see as unnecessary, many others will see as normal or regular consumer purchase behavior.

© 24hourcampfire