Home
Did you go ?

Did you have a date ?

Steady girlfriend ?

Hang out with buddies and ask dateless girls to dance ?

Or never went ?

Wabigoons old timey music thread reminded me of school dances for some reason - so lets hear it ....
Spiked the punch. 😁
I danced with all the girls, mom taught me how to dance. Got me some pussy that night, and a bunch of other nights because I could dance.
Stood up with the Queen for pictures., then sneaked off to the gym under the bleachers.

(no, not that kind of queen).
No
No
No
Hated high school. Didnt need the drama. Much more fun after.

Was big suburban school. 3500 kids. Id guess 3450 of them were total azzholes.
Most women will kill for a man that can dance!!!
The one at work.
Went to one. Seemed senseless. Always had plenty of mutual admiration with the girls. Street parties and in homes were much more intimate.
The one with lots of booze
Never went and don't regret it.
Wifey and I go dancing most Saturday nights!
Dancer and lover of as many as possible.
Originally Posted by hanco
I danced with all the girls, mom taught me how to dance. Got me some pussy that night, and a bunch of other nights because I could dance.

Go to dance, get a handy in the car
Go in, take pics, one dance, leave
Get a blowee in the car

Drive to after-party bon fire
Do a few nitrous oxide easy whipp huffs
Get a blowee at the bon fire

Go home, look like I been sniffing glue
Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk that I'm a woman's man. No time to talk.
Yeah I went to the dances and I had a steady girlfriend. She was my high school sweetheart and was absolutely beautiful inside and out. She used to model for JC Penney’s, Sears and a couple others. It was cool to drive down the road and see my girlfriend on the billboards. I wasn’t content with one girl and eventually that caused us to split up a couple years after high school. Until I met my wife I thought that I’d never find a woman as strikingly beautiful and mentally stable as the girl I lost. If it wasn’t for the self-induced heartache I endured and the lessons I learned I probably would’ve lost 2 perfect women. I had time to play the field but I never forgot those painful lessons and that’s why I’m still married to my best friend and the most perfect girl for me.

I enjoyed the school dances and have great memories from them....I was usually drunk but not blotto so I can still remember the good times.
Never saw a school dance, Jr High, High School or College. I suppose they must have had a few. But I had cows to milk and feed.

I met my wife in '82. We have not seen the inside of any place with a dance floor since we met. I doubt she even knows how, I certainly do not.

and thats good? To get killed.

I love music.

Hate dancing. Went to enough dances to make the wife happy at the time until she decided the whole thing was about worthless too. Ain't been to one probably since in our late teens or early 20s thankfully.

Can think a lot better things to do with our time.
Went to plenty and always had a great time. Some of my greatest memories, if any of you know Utah, were the dances they used to have at the lodge at the top of Bridal Veil Falls. Sadly, the tram and the lodge are now gone, but man those were the days!
Never went, working and holding a job was more important than that chit.
Originally Posted by WTF

Lol, I worked all through high school. Still had plenty of time for girls, dances, sports, keggers, bonfires, and good friends.
Never went and didn't care.
Dancing was not allowed on school property.
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Dancing was not allowed on school property.

Did everybody cut footloose?
I bunny hopped and disco danced my young life away.
In our smallish town, we had cotillion. Pretty much all the kids were there to learn to dance.

Then in high school, we went to rodeo dances. We figured out the advantage to dancing with the girls...

Then learned ballroom dancing as an adult.

Hanco is right about the women and dancing and sex thing. wink

While all the gristle head guys were wanting to get drunk, or fight at the dances, I was sober, dancing with the girls and getting more than a guy had a right to. wink
I was the guy all the girls WANTED to go with...………………...but I generally chose to not go because there was usually some serious hunting to be done the next morning and I didn't wanna be tired for what was REALLY important.
We always had dances after home games...was a great money maker for the school. I usually went. Take a quick shower after the game, walk from the fieldhouse to the gym. I'd dance, sometimes have a date who'd get the slow dances but most weren't to clingy. Would be pretty tired after games so I'd spend a fair amount of time just sitting and shooting the bull as well. Had a lot of fun and got in a lot of trouble. Me and 5 of the guys I graduated and played ball with still get together several times a year....we were tight then and have been all out lives.
I was the guy singing in the band....
I lost my girlfriend to a damned drunk driver when I was 16. I took it very hard and never went to another school dance again.
Only went to the prom. Had to be at work @ 7 am the next morning. Then totaled my '68 Buick Skylark GS coming home from returning my tux to the rental place that afternoon. mad
I always had a steady girlfriend and went with them. I was a real dork.

If I had it to do over again I woulda banged every hot chick available.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

If I had it to do over again I woulda banged every hot chick available.

Youth is wasted on the young... grin
It's I was quiet, and didn't like school.

I never set foot on school property unless I was legally required.
Graduated 6/1/87, next time I visited school property was in 2007,
to enroll my daughter in kindergarten.

So, I wasn't there, was busy working one of a couple jobs, or hunting/fishing.

Looking back, I didn't miss much.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by WTF

Lol, I worked all through high school. Still had plenty of time for girls, dances, sports, keggers, bonfires, and good friends.

Same here, I was a busy boy and I enjoyed every minute of high school. I doubt I watched an hour of tv the four years of high school.
I was in 4-H for a long time and knew a bunch of very sharp and good looking girls from other schools as a result. I always had some to choose from for our dances and often got invited to other schools' dances. And, yes, I knew how to dance.
Wallflower here.
I was drinking Jim Beam in the parking lot.
Originally Posted by rost495

and thats good? To get killed.

I love music.

Hate dancing. Went to enough dances to make the wife happy at the time until she decided the whole thing was about worthless too. Ain't been to one probably since in our late teens or early 20s thankfully.

Can think a lot better things to do with our time.

Depends on how they kill you. Was killed after quite a few dances and always loved it. Agree 100% with Hanco. Women love a man that can dance.
Never one time did I even consider going to a high school dance. I never was one for crowds and never liked being a spectacle for doing what was expected of me. When I made a spectacle of myself it was always for stepping outside the box.

Evidently George Washington knew this and was the guy all the ladies wanted to dance with, and used it. Of course being tall, confident and commanding might have aided a bit too.

He ended up with Martha, a looker with money.

Some guys......
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Evidently George Washington knew this and was the guy all the ladies wanted to dance with, and used it. Of course being tall, confident and commanding might have aided a bit too.

He ended up with Martha, a looker with money.

Some guys......
Washington was famous for his dancing ability. However, he lived when the waltz was just getting popular and he was a minuet man. The minuet type of court dances were much more complex and took a lot more training to be good. He was.
Even though I never went to dances, I met my wife, indirectly, through dance lessons at a country/western bar in Dallas.
I love going dancing, the people that hate it are the ones that won’t take the time to learn.
I don't know about that Beaumont area. Last time the wife and I went to a dance in that town, they were all line dancing. We were the only two steppers on the floor.
Originally Posted by tzone
I was drinking Jim Beam in the parking lot.

Right there with ya.
I love going dancing, the people that hate it are the ones that won’t take the time to learn.

Why would one take time to learn something they have no interest in or possibly even repulses them?

Repulsive? Yes!

Participating in a group activity in a crowded venue is repulsive to some of us. Might have forced oneself to do so as a mating ritual in one's youth. Before we ever heard of AIDS, and anything you might catch was curable with a shot of good antibiotic.

Liking the heavy girls probably played a big role, as well.
While I never went out with any real toads or belugas, I found that the girls a step down from the school beauties were the most fun to be with. They were more relaxed and didn't worry about keeping up appearances. They weren't the school bitches.
Our school had dance lessons in the gym Sat. nights starting in 7th grade. Went to every dance they had after all the football and basketball games in HS. then enjoyed them in college.
All the misfits, greasers, oddballs, and dorks that stayed away made the dances so much nicer, thank you.
Jock with handy hands. I liked to dance but I also liked to DJ. I would do the feelemups in the DJ booth during slow dances. There were a lot more dances in the 80s. Not like it is now.
Don't dance, hate crowds.

Had two girls I knew ask me to the prom. I went away turkey hunting instead.

women are narcissist.
What a bunch of panty waists held a job since 16 and always had time for hunting fishing and school activities.

You didn't want to let your girlfriends go to the dance unaccompanied when I was around.

[Linked Image]
Never went to a single extracurricular school function.
back in the day, dancing was, as others have mentioned, just not done on campus. There were several venues though where live bands played, and we mingled on the dance floor. I usually went alone, and danced with those that either caught my eye, or I had designs on previously. I taught Lothario some moves.
Date, dinner, dance, hotel room. The good old days when you just left the key on the bed.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Me neither. Didn't miss a thing, IMHO.
Originally Posted by jnyork

How do you know if you’ve never been?
I was in my first year of high school, I was 12 years old. The Principal said on the PA, "There will be a Sock Hop in the gym on Friday night."

I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I asked my mom. She said it was a big dance, you had to wear socks only no shoes.
I got my mom to drive me up there with my friend Bill.
We stood in the corner and watched. I was astonished. Kids were doing the twist, the boog a loo, the jerk. I was terrified that some girl would ask me to dance. Thank God, none did.
I could not figure out why the kids would get out there and dance.
By coincidence, my high school’s 50th anniversary is tonight. Pub night and dance after all day events.

My wife doesn’t dance much, but I like to. Liked to dance in HS. Girls, even the hot ones, were usually polite enough to have one dance. If they said no to a second, you moved on. Never really hooked up with any. I wasn’t that cool and confident yet.

Out of all my friends, I was probably the one who danced the most. Got shot down the most, too. Took me a while to figure that part of it out.

If I knew then what I know now...
Originally Posted by jnyork

And that makes at least three of us.

How do I know I did not miss anything. Well it's like this. I knew every one of the assclowns in the school. I was forced to spend the school day with them. I certainly would not want to go out of my way to spend an extra hour in their presence.

Former class mates see me on the street and ask why I have not been to a class reunion since 1974 since I still live seven miles from the school.

The answer is always easy, because I might see you there.
We had grandsons birthday party yesterday, three boys here last night or we would have been out to the club last night. We are going to see Tracy Byrd on the 28th.
Out back with my buds drinking, chicks, although beautiful and nice to look at were to gd much trouble............moody, emotional, bitchy, etc, I didn't even like to talk to them then, didn't even like to hear them squeak out something they were trying to say, different fuggin critters.

I was kind of the same way. Now wish I had.
I didn't have to dance, I kept track of which girls had just broke up with their boyfriends hey worked for me.
Idaho Shooter ,

Good morning .

Hard for me to imagine not liking a single person during my school years and you - living in Idaho .
I met so many nice down to earth people in the two years I lived there - LOTS . They took me in like family hunt/fish/shoot with them every weekend - fun two years VERY unlike where I live now [moving soonish] .

Come to think of it for the number of kids in my school very few came to the dances , 9 out of 10 of the cute girls were always there - - so . ...

What's all the talk about learning to dance ? I just kept it simple - wrap arms around female rub up against them and talk . See if they want to do more of the same later if I liked them .
Either wore brick-patterned clothes to blend in with the gym wall that I leaned against or didn't go at all.
Never went. Private high school. Worked to pay my own high school tuition. Not rich, shorter than most girls, late bloomer. Things turned around nicely since then.
My high school dances were AWESOME! Best part was the blow jobs on the third floor or knocking off a chunk in the teachers lounge. laugh
Originally Posted by DubThomas
My high school dances were AWESOME! Best part was the blow jobs on the third floor or knocking off a chunk in the teachers lounge. laugh

Be interesting to see what Penthouse (does it still exist?) will do with the note to the Campfire that got crossed with this one.
Mine were great. Some people were fantastic, some people were dicks. Just like in life. No reason to avoid either one because of them.
I never went to a single one.
I had a job, and also had many other things that got in the way, not to mention the fact that I lived a long way out of town, so I just never was able to get things to come together. Timing was always against me and so I never had a chance to go.
Went, had a date, danced, though in those days I was a bit too self conscious to say I was really having fun.

Was popular in high school, liked girls and fortunately they seemed to like me

BMOC syndrome, my senior year was very fun to say the least.

Then after high school and brief stint in AK, on to Chicago, where I wasn’t chit lol.

Had to re up my game.

I’ve had dry streaks as most, except a select few ( my buddy who was good lookin and got panties moist by walking into a room ) but been fortunate enough to have the comfort of a woman most of my teen and adult life.

I think it’s ridiculous that prostitution is not legal. Some may disagree for religious or moral values and I appreciate that and realize you may just be a better man than me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I just think a hard workin man should have an outlet besides his own hand.
© 24hourcampfire