Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Never went to a single extracurricular school function.

Me neither. Didn't miss a thing, IMHO.

How do you know if you’ve never been?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was in my first year of high school, I was 12 years old. The Principal said on the PA, "There will be a Sock Hop in the gym on Friday night."

I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I asked my mom. She said it was a big dance, you had to wear socks only no shoes.
I got my mom to drive me up there with my friend Bill.
We stood in the corner and watched. I was astonished. Kids were doing the twist, the boog a loo, the jerk. I was terrified that some girl would ask me to dance. Thank God, none did.
I could not figure out why the kids would get out there and dance.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
By coincidence, my high school’s 50th anniversary is tonight. Pub night and dance after all day events.

My wife doesn’t dance much, but I like to. Liked to dance in HS. Girls, even the hot ones, were usually polite enough to have one dance. If they said no to a second, you moved on. Never really hooked up with any. I wasn’t that cool and confident yet.

Out of all my friends, I was probably the one who danced the most. Got shot down the most, too. Took me a while to figure that part of it out.

If I knew then what I know now...

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jnyork

Me neither. Didn't miss a thing, IMHO.

And that makes at least three of us.

How do I know I did not miss anything. Well it's like this. I knew every one of the assclowns in the school. I was forced to spend the school day with them. I certainly would not want to go out of my way to spend an extra hour in their presence.

Former class mates see me on the street and ask why I have not been to a class reunion since 1974 since I still live seven miles from the school.

The answer is always easy, because I might see you there.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We had grandsons birthday party yesterday, three boys here last night or we would have been out to the club last night. We are going to see Tracy Byrd on the 28th.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Out back with my buds drinking, chicks, although beautiful and nice to look at were to gd much trouble............moody, emotional, bitchy, etc, I didn't even like to talk to them then, didn't even like to hear them squeak out something they were trying to say, different fuggin critters.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I was kind of the same way. Now wish I had.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't have to dance, I kept track of which girls had just broke up with their boyfriends hey worked for me.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Idaho Shooter ,

Good morning .

Hard for me to imagine not liking a single person during my school years and you - living in Idaho .
I met so many nice down to earth people in the two years I lived there - LOTS . They took me in like family hunt/fish/shoot with them every weekend - fun two years VERY unlike where I live now [moving soonish] .

Come to think of it for the number of kids in my school very few came to the dances , 9 out of 10 of the cute girls were always there - - so . ...

What's all the talk about learning to dance ? I just kept it simple - wrap arms around female rub up against them and talk . See if they want to do more of the same later if I liked them .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Either wore brick-patterned clothes to blend in with the gym wall that I leaned against or didn't go at all.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Never went. Private high school. Worked to pay my own high school tuition. Not rich, shorter than most girls, late bloomer. Things turned around nicely since then.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My high school dances were AWESOME! Best part was the blow jobs on the third floor or knocking off a chunk in the teachers lounge. laugh

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DubThomas
My high school dances were AWESOME! Best part was the blow jobs on the third floor or knocking off a chunk in the teachers lounge. laugh

Be interesting to see what Penthouse (does it still exist?) will do with the note to the Campfire that got crossed with this one.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mine were great. Some people were fantastic, some people were dicks. Just like in life. No reason to avoid either one because of them.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I never went to a single one.
I had a job, and also had many other things that got in the way, not to mention the fact that I lived a long way out of town, so I just never was able to get things to come together. Timing was always against me and so I never had a chance to go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went, had a date, danced, though in those days I was a bit too self conscious to say I was really having fun.

Was popular in high school, liked girls and fortunately they seemed to like me

BMOC syndrome, my senior year was very fun to say the least.

Then after high school and brief stint in AK, on to Chicago, where I wasn’t chit lol.

Had to re up my game.

I’ve had dry streaks as most, except a select few ( my buddy who was good lookin and got panties moist by walking into a room ) but been fortunate enough to have the comfort of a woman most of my teen and adult life.

I think it’s ridiculous that prostitution is not legal. Some may disagree for religious or moral values and I appreciate that and realize you may just be a better man than me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I just think a hard workin man should have an outlet besides his own hand.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 56 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,107
Posts18,522,570
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.