Home
I need to vent some.
My Brother-In-Law Is a year from retiring from his job. This guy is a good man, dad, husband, grandfather and so on. He's a good B.I.L. too. Last year, he and his wife bought them self a new 5th wheel and a new dodge 2500 diesel to pull their 5th wheel, when they retire and travel.
A few weeks ago, he started having some discomfort. So, he went to the Doctors... Test after test he went through. He's in the Hospital now, He comes home tomorrow with only a few days to no more than two weeks to live.
I hope you all have a blessed 4th of July.
Count your blessing my friends, hold your family close.

I gotta find a song to play.....Youtube

I'm headed to bed soon.

I'm sorry HD, you're BIL sounds like a a good man that indeed did get the short straw.

Bad deal there. My condolences in advance, these kind of things happen too often.

As they say, live every day like it's your last. Because it just might be that.
Horrible set of circumstances there. So sorry to hear this. May God put his arms around your family.
How very sad to hear. It is things like this that convinces me that god, is not only indifferent, but often-times cruel. I wish I could figure him out...
Sad indeed.

We just never know.

Nobody owns the future.
Sorry to hear of your BIL's condition and diagnosis. it's funny how some of the best ones are taken early. I often wonder if God has said, "ok, you have proven yourself in life to me, it's time to come to the father."
Condolences....... Sorry to hear of it. Lost one of my old buddies a few years back to a major heart attack. Known him since about the 10th grade. Was a highly skilled mold maker and debt free, more than financially secure, and ready to retire any time he felt like it. Was stricken at his employers front door going into work one morning. Sometimes life just isn't fair.
Sorry to hear the bad news.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sad indeed.

We just never know.

Nobody owns the future.

True words.. This happens all too often.. May God grant him a quick and painless access to Heaven..
One of the best people Ive ever known in my life was my SIL who was diagnosed with colon cancer a year after having her first and only child at the age of 35. 10 years of trying and two miscarriages. She battled for another 18 months. My Nephew was staying with us the night she passed away at a cancer treatment facility.
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Sad indeed.

We just never know.

Nobody owns the future.

True words.. This happens all too often.. May God grant him a quick and painless access to Heaven..

Amen.

Happened to my best friend recently.

Paul
Every day is an amazing gift things like this are an amazing reminder.

So very sorry to hear this man I’ll pray for your family that’s a tough mystery to swallow.
Sorry for you, Him and the whole family. Some parts of life truly do suck. It may be tough but let him know how you feel about him, etc. All you can do really is be supportive.
You never know about tomorrow, I feel for you all!!!
Same thing happened to my uncle. Had the world by the tail as the owner and operator of a Chrysler dealership his father started. Worked his whole life as an honest and honorable businessman only to die within one month of retiring.
Hammerdown, So sorry for you and your family. I pray for a miracle for your BIL.

Came close to the same situation the other day when my little brother had a widow maker heart attack, but they were able to save him, thank God.

Once again, prayers for your family.

Byron
Thanks for the support.
that's sad. and you're right, sometime you draw the short straw ! certainly, no grarantee of tomorrow. Condolences to the family !
you're right, sometime you draw the short straw !
certainly, no grarantee of tomorrow.
Condolences to the family !
Just Damn! So sorry to hear this!

Prayers sent for him and your family.
There are no words that can truly describe grief. All I can say is that from your own words we know that he is a good man, that is loved, and will be missed.

We can say we are blessed to know men like this, and be counted among them.
We are all passing through. He sounds like good man, and will finish the race to the best of his ability.
He got to come home today. His name is Doug.
I talked to one of his son's today, he's taking this pretty bad. I think we all would be in the same boat. All tore-up. His son told me, they sent his dad home with loads of pain meds. His son doesn't think his dad will last three days. He told me, his dad is starting to bleed from his nose and spitting up blood.
My wife and I are planning to visit with him tomorrow.
I'm praying for him. Praying he has grace with this. He knows Heaven is his home. He didn't think it would be this soon.

Again, wishing you all a nice 4th.

Thanks for the support.
Sorry to hear this. One day at a time.
Damn!! So sad.
Sorry to hear about your BIL, will pray for him tonight.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
He got to come home today. His name is Doug.
I talked to one of his son's today, he's taking this pretty bad. I think we all would be in the same boat. All tore-up. His son told me, they sent his dad home with loads of pain meds. His son doesn't think his dad will last three days. He told me, his dad is starting to bleed from his nose and spitting up blood.
My wife and I are planning to visit with him tomorrow.
I'm praying for him. Praying he has grace with this. He knows Heaven is his home. He didn't think it would be this soon.

Again, wishing you all a nice 4th.

Thanks for the support.

Read this with deep sadness for your bil Doug and his family. So very sorry.
We'll lift him and all of his family in prayer.
Again, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

I think people with Cancer, have only one wish..

Take care.
Cancer is a bitch. It's taken two in my family, both too young.
I'm not a praying man but my thoughts are with you, Doug and his family.
Randy, I'm very sorry to hear this.

And wholeheartedly agree:

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers for your family.
Originally Posted by SKane
Randy, I'm very sorry to hear this.

And wholeheartedly agree:

What is that wish?

I've got some experience with this stuff, I was the primary caregiver for both of my parents who were dying from it.

I have an idea what they were wishing for, but I'm interested in what others have experienced.
Prayers sent
My Brother In-law passed this morning.

He left behind his wife of 42 years. Two sons, two grandsons and two daughter In-laws.

RIP my friend.
Condolences to the family.
Condolences
I'm so sorry.

My dad passed away suddenly 4 months before his retirement date. My folks had all kinds of plans for traveling. It's hard, and it's not fair.

Prayers for all of you.
Condolences to the family and Prayers.
Condolences for you, and your friend's family.

Cancer sucks azz
Sure hate to hear that! frown

I know it doesn't seem like it, but the very short duration is really a blessing in itself.
Again, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

Take care.
Its not only people with cancer that have that 1 wish HD, believe me. Really sorry to hear about your bil Doug, I can't imagine how his children and wife must be feeling, it's terrribly sad to think about.

Best to you, Doug and his family.
My condolences, sir.
My father was told 2 years ago, to get his affairs in order, you would be lucky to see 6 months. He's still kicking.
My best friend's dad, was told he'd be dead in less than a year. He made 9 more years in his own house.
Perhaps his time is done, perhaps not.
Knee-mail outbound.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I'm so sorry.

My dad passed away suddenly 4 months before his retirement date. My folks had all kinds of plans for traveling. It's hard, and it's not fair.

Prayers for all of you.

I'm sad to hear about your family too.
We never know when our time will run out.

Have a good day
Sure hate to hear that! frown

I know it doesn't seem like it, but the very short duration is really a blessing in itself.

Yes it is.
My mother had a long fight with it. She passed in 1985 at the age of 51.
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/do-not-stand-by-my-grave-and-weep-by-mary-elizabeth-frye
Prayers sent for him and your family.
Prayers for you guys from another Doug I know. Be Well. Rusty
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Cancer sucks azz

Sure does, I hate it with everything I am.

Condolences HD.
Wife & I were waiting in the hallway by the elevator to see my Endocrinologist/Oncologist. Up walks a gorgeous young girl with her mother. She was calling her Dad.

Dad?
Hello Baby, how did it go?
Dad, (sobbing) they told me I have 9 months at best.
Oh Honey, what can I say?
Dad, I’m only 19 years old.

My admission to the Survivors Club during my office visit was woefully insignificant. I will never forget that girl.
HD, sorry to hear about your BIL. Prayers sent.
Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield. I just want to wear out my prairie dog rifles. My wife passed away in 2011.
I am sorry for your loss. Cancer sucks!
My condolences to you and your family in this difficult time, Hammerdown.
Sorry to hear this, Randy. He sounds like one of the guys they just didn't make enough of.

He left behind a fine BIL also.
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Sorry to hear this, Randy. He sounds like one of the guys they just didn't make enough of.

He left behind a fine BIL also.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Yeah, he was a great guy. He always told his kids and wife, he loved them.
I'd like to say, thank you so much for the kind words for my BIL. He really was a nice guy.

Take care.
I'm sorry about your brother in law, he sounds like he will be greatly missed.
Take care of his family all that you can,that was probably one of his greatest worries.
I just read this. I so sorry for Doug and his entire family! This does suck! My prayers are with you hammer down and Doug’s entire family!
I am very sorry indeed for you and your family. If there is a silver lining in this tragedy is for everyone who has read this thread is you need to take interest in your own health. I do a lot of hiring for the company I work for and a job prerequisite is we pay for a full physical. I am and continue to be amazed at the ignorance out there. I'm talking grown adults (clearly not Mensa material) with families, that have NO CLUE as to what A1C, cholesterol, TypeII Diabetes etc, not to mention PSH, breast cancer markers, colonoscopies etc.

In the case of your BIL, even though some cancers can be extremely aggressive and kill you fast, I can almost guarantee you he had indications and warnings months if not years before it finally killed him. I've been fortunate, not only do I have good genes, but as a Navy Flier, yearly flight physicals were a requirement, and I continued to get them long after I retired. A lot of this stuff is curable gents, GO TO THE DOCTOR REGULARLY, especially so, if your family has a history.

J
Thanks Jorge
My wife and I have talked about this subject. Did he know and didn't say anything? We agree people should get regular check-ups.
So, lets use this thread as a PSA Get your check-up and try to stay healthy.

Stay healthy my friends.

Randy, I’m also very sorry to see this. God’s peace and grace for him, his family, you, and extended family.
© 24hourcampfire