Home
Posted By: colorado bob Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Just saw a news release saying Ross Perot passed away at 89. I liked him. Voted for him too.
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
He was the first viable outsider.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Just saw a news release saying Ross Perot passed away at 89. I liked him. Voted for him too.

Thanks for putting Clinton into the White House.

P
Posted By: persiandog Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
he always complained about how wasteful the government is(and correctly ) , however his company EDS made Billions by overcharging the government.
Posted By: jimy Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by persiandog
he always complained about how wasteful the government is(and correctly ) , however his company EDS made Billions by overcharging the government.

And a better way to prove his point would be ????????

Smart man in my book, and a great American to boot.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
He got my vote ....his last minute weird chit with his kid and 60 minutes ...still puzzles me
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
RIP.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Just a little loud mouthed peckerwood from Texarkana.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Talk about influencing the outcome of an election.... whistle
Posted By: KFWA Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19

When I got out of college I went to work for EDS.

By today's standards it was a concentration camp of a company to work for - no facial hair, no hair below the collar, cap toe or wing tip black leather shoes, suits must be worn at all times unless when going to the bathroom, no informal relationship with customer (no bowling league, softball..drinking after work sort of thing). They brought us all in for training for 6 weeks. By week 2 they had fired 30% of our class.

Still, I credit Perot and that mentality for making me grow up and get serious about being an adult - as I sit here at my desk wearing jeans, a polo shirt and hiking boots. What I've learned from his company has carried me throughout my adult life and I feel indebted to him to some degree. Ultimately I wasn't cut out to be an EDS employee, but I've used what they taught for many years.

Here is a glowing article about what he did in his life. I'm sure many people didn't agree with him but few questioned his motives.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/bus ... st-dies-89
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
As a boy, he helped build one of the first successful jackoff machines in history. Well, actually, it wasn’t all that successful, but it was a fine effort.
Posted By: benchman Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Met him once, when I sang for a party he threw for his sons helicopter flight. One tough guy.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Oh no

He det?

I thought he was 89 when he ran for president.
Posted By: TheSOB Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
He did put Klinton in the WH. But I also admired him for the cammando raid, and foreseeing what would happen when all the middle class jobs were shipped overseas. America would be much stronger if he would have become president.
Posted By: jimy Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

With out Ross in the running, everyone would be still asking the question, Monica who ?
Posted By: K22 Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

With out Ross in the running, everyone would be still asking the question, Monica who ?

or what is NAFTA.

I liked him. RIP.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Flat taxer as I recall, no?

Geno
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
I remember something about him not liking old man bush ..and ran for prez to bust the vote..
Posted By: g5m Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
This thread about what he said prophetically would happen and those things happening and then remembering back to a friend's mother who was an ardent John Birch Society person saying similar things makes me realize how propagandized we have been over the years.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
I wonder what he thought of giving us 8 years of Clinton. Everyone knew of his butt hurt ness of the bushes
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
I liked him and voted for him. Looking back there was very little difference between George Bush Sr and Clinton. I don’t regret my vote. Bush negotiated NAFTA and Clinton signed it. Cheney wrote the plan gutting our military and Clinton executed it. They were both deep state CIA. Perot was right on NAFTA and hated Bush for goood reason and so do I. Notice that Clinton and Bush became friends once out of office ? Trump is the second CIA unapproved president in my lifetime. Ronald Reagan being the first.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
No one should be proud of a Perot vote. Everyone knew it was a wasted vote. Look at all the duffeses Clinton put on the courts. Like justice Ginsburg if you voted Perot you voted for Clinton. That was the first election I voted in
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
What cost Bush SR the election-------"Read my lips, NO New Taxes".
Posted By: Raeford Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No one should be proud of a Perot vote. Everyone knew it was a wasted vote. Look at all the duffeses Clinton put on the courts. Like justice Ginsburg if you voted Perot you voted for Clinton. That was the first election I voted in

BS
At 20%+ he had way more backing than any other modern day Independent.
Deep State wasn't having it.
We'd most likely be in a helluva a lot better place as a country right now had he won.
FYI- I know quite a few 'old democrats' that also voted for him.
2nd time around-----Clinton, Dole or Ross? What a choice.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
And the Ross Perot Myth lives on even with 27 years of ripping through the stats.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
No one should be proud of a Perot vote. Everyone knew it was a wasted vote. Look at all the duffeses Clinton put on the courts. Like justice Ginsburg if you voted Perot you voted for Clinton.

Yep.
Nand not to mention all the Gun Control Legislation. 😡
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
The dumbasses that voted for bush are the ones who put clinton in office , mr. new world order who voted for hilary .

Remember how many here were totally against Trump ? I do , and many still grumble about Trump and want to see a lifelong neocon/politician in office . I don't .
Posted By: Raeford Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by ol_mike
The dumbasses that voted for bush are the ones who put clinton in office , mr. new world order who voted for hilary .

Remember how many here were totally against Trump ? I do , and many still grumble about Trump and want to see a lifelong neocon/politician in office . I don't .

Yep, [bleep] has been going so well with ALL of the chosen ones of the past 30 years.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Yep, [bleep] has been going so well with ALL of the chosen ones of the past 30 years.

Yeah you'd think so called smart people would face reality - but ----- nah keep doing what you're doing keep getting what you're getting .
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19

BS
At 20%+ he had way more backing than any other modern day Independent.
Deep State wasn't having it.
We'd most likely be in a helluva a lot better place as a country right now had he won.
FYI- I know quite a few 'old democrats' that also voted for him.

Yep, a few in my family.

Geno
Posted By: Morewood Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
I also voted for Perot and would do it again. Keep in mind Bush had reneged on his "no new taxes" lie and consequently millions of Republicans voted for the silver-tongued Clinton. It wasn't just Perot that threw the race.

And Perot was right about that "giant sucking sound" of jobs leaving the US if NAFTA was enacted. NAFTA decimated the Mom and Pop concrete companies throughout the southwest. It's mostly Mexican owned now, thanks to that globalism giveaway.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
I believe he'd have been elected had he not dropped out and re entered the race.

I voted for him.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Yep Cclorado Bob. Be Well. Rusty
Posted By: viking Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Good riddance
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Yep Cclorado Bob. Be Well. Rusty

Rusty---are you shooting in the October shoot?
Posted By: hatari Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
H. Ross Perot....... I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, he was a great businessman, a decisive personality, and patriot. On the other hand, he was a stubborn egomaniac. Yes, I believe he was the single biggest factor in bringing the Clintons and Saul Alinsky to Washington.

Those of you who want to believe the pundits that quote polls as saying Perot took more votes from the Democrats than the Republicans are forgetting (or weren't alive or of voting age in 1992) some salient factors that led to GHWB's defeat. (Put down Tin foil/NWO conspiracies right here.)

One of the first rules of Party politics is never challenge an incumbent President in the Primaries. Ask Jimmy Carter what Ted Kennedy did to him in 1980. LBJ saw the writing on the wall and didn't put himself in that position. The sitting President has already won the race once, and needs to conserve funds for the main campaign. More importantly, don't give the opposition ammo to use against the candidate. No need in grinding him down before the general election. What happened way back then? First, Pat Buchanan ran against GHWB, slinging mud and grinding him down as too moderate. (Meanwhile, Slick Willie was playing the Moderate.)

Also recall that at the end of the Gulf War, GHWB's approval rating was off the charts. The MSM AND Pat Buchanan hammered on the "read my lips" and brought that into play, not the Dems. Point is, Buchanan wounded GHWB early, then H. Ross stepped in and continued the negative attack on GHWB pulling his numbers down further. Anyone recall his "I'm all ears!" quip in the debates? Best part of his campaign right there. And you want to explain Adm. James Stockdale as VP?? (No, need. I'll help you. Perot needed a name for VP for the ballots in all 50 States and Stockdale agreed to be the "name" until Perot could find who he wanted.)

Any of you remember the Reagan Democrats? Those conservative Democrats that crossed over to give Reagan 2 landslides? They also put GHWB into office by a huge margin over Michael Dukakis. This attack on GHWB by Buchanan and Perot drew enough of these Reagan Democrats away to make a difference. These are the voters that when polled said they were Democrats but voted for Perot over Bush. Thus, the misconception that Perot drew equally away from Clinton and GHWB.

Obviously bunk info. Perot was considered the most conservative of the 3. Is someone going to convince me that those Reagan Democrats were going to go for Willie over GHWB? Not if they went for Perot.

Without Perot in 1992, GHWB wins. While he was never my favorite, (and certainly was no Reagan) 4 more years of GHWB would have been infinitely better than letting the Clintons out of Arkansas and loose on America. The Clintons dominated the Dem Party for 24 years. Their deal to let Hillary get Daniel Patrick Moynahan's seat in NY is a prime example. Hillary's deal to become Sec of State for her endorsement of Obama is another. Obamacare was just an updated version of Hillarycare that was rejected in1994. Without Perot, we would never have Clinton, and for you NeverTrumpers, would have never needed Trump to defeat HRC in 2016. So if any of you Nevertrumpers voted for Perot back in the day, you're proof elections have consequences. You felt good about yourselves for an instant pulling the lever for Perot back in the day, and have been miserable living through Willie, W., Obama, and The Don ever since.

Blind Willie Johnson and Led Zeppelin have some lyric just for you:

[Verse 1]
Oh, nobody's fault but mine
Nobody's fault but mine
Trying to save my soul tonight

Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/09/19
Good riddance to that little egotistical midget fugg that gave us klingon..
Posted By: hatari Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by jorgeI

That sums it up more succinctly than mine. wink
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by colorado bob
What cost Bush SR the election-------"Read my lips, NO New Taxes".

+1
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by hatari

That sums it up more succinctly than mine. wink

I voted for Bush and have always felt that Perot hurt Bush.
Those who supported Clinton always claim that he hurt Clinton just as much.

I don't think so...
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
perot cost bush the election, no doubt. none whatsoever. perot knew even teddy Roosevelt didn't even come close as a third party. he just did it because he hated bush. we got 8 years of clinton because of it. seems like a raw deal to me considering it was simply to settle the score with an old foe.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
perot cost bush the election, no doubt. none whatsoever. perot knew even teddy Roosevelt didn't even come close as a third party. he just did it because he hated bush. we got 8 years of clinton because of it. seems like a raw deal to me considering it was simply to settle the score with an old foe.

Voting republican no matter what is why we keep getting George Bushes. If the sobs don’t run the best candidate, I ain’t voting for em.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Looking back, Perot reminds me of McRomney. He could have put both Bush and Clinton away. But instead the imp bluffed, blustered and waffled enough to draw votes away from Bush Sr (a globullist PoS in my opinion) and put in Slick Willy (a bigger PoS).

I liked his ideas, but he had absolutely no intention of making a serious run for president and only idiots couldn't see that he was holding back. It was a publicity stunt at best. His propagandist Larry King should have his brains squirt out his forehead and get kicked into the hole right behind him.

Rust In Piss
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
He got 20% of the vote, iirc. That's not small change.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Ancient history. Damage has already been done with clinton, bush, and obama destroying the USA. Time to put it behind us and try to hang on to what little USA we have left. Try to repair what we can and keep from becoming a communist country.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Concur. Just learn from history and hope it doesn't repeat itself.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Can’t believe Curdog4570 hasn’t logged back in to tell us how great Perot was. 😬
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Concur. Just learn from history and hope it doesn't repeat itself.

It will repeat itself thanks to the media
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by Morewood
I also voted for Perot and would do it again.

Morewood, I read your intro and I was impressed.

That has evaporated, however, as you appear to be a dumbass.

Why would you vote for a dead man?

P
Posted By: Morewood Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
A c+p comment from another website paraphrased below. Pretty much nailed it.

CharterOakie says:

July 9, 2019 at 10:55 pm

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

Heartfelt condolences to the Perot family and closest friends.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Okay.

But the truth persists, Perot put Clinton (and ALL the baggage) into the White House. On purpose.

P

CharterOakie says:

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."

12 years of GOP and the country was ready for another jimma cottah , Perot came in because the country needed help and hw bush damn sure wasn't doing what was best for the United States . Perot likely knew more about billybob clinton governor in neighboring state of Arkansas and didn't want a puke like him & him tramp wife in the Whitehouse .
You can look at the cycles - neither side remains in office very long without a change - a change was due .
You couldn't horse-whip a politician to lay out all of what is wrong with the country and how we're going to fix the problems . They're too busy promising puppies and beautiful sunsets .

People still don't want to face the problems head on - and fix them they'll wear a Nike out kicking the can down the road though .
Posted By: milespatton Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
I was planning to vote for Perot when He hit His crazy cycle and I changed my mind. My mind has never resolved just exactly happened there. I know that He got paranoid about a few things that were never fully explained to the public. Or if it was, I missed it somehow. miles
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by hatari
H. Ross Perot....... I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, he was a great businessman, a decisive personality, and patriot. On the other hand, he was a stubborn egomaniac. Yes, I believe he was the single biggest factor in bringing the Clintons and Saul Alinsky to Washington.

Those of you who want to believe the pundits that quote polls as saying Perot took more votes from the Democrats than the Republicans are forgetting (or weren't alive or of voting age in 1992) some salient factors that led to GHWB's defeat. (Put down Tin foil/NWO conspiracies right here.)

One of the first rules of Party politics is never challenge an incumbent President in the Primaries. Ask Jimmy Carter what Ted Kennedy did to him in 1980. LBJ saw the writing on the wall and didn't put himself in that position. The sitting President has already won the race once, and needs to conserve funds for the main campaign. More importantly, don't give the opposition ammo to use against the candidate. No need in grinding him down before the general election. What happened way back then? First, Pat Buchanan ran against GHWB, slinging mud and grinding him down as too moderate. (Meanwhile, Slick Willie was playing the Moderate.)

Also recall that at the end of the Gulf War, GHWB's approval rating was off the charts. The MSM AND Pat Buchanan hammered on the "read my lips" and brought that into play, not the Dems. Point is, Buchanan wounded GHWB early, then H. Ross stepped in and continued the negative attack on GHWB pulling his numbers down further. Anyone recall his "I'm all ears!" quip in the debates? Best part of his campaign right there. And you want to explain Adm. James Stockdale as VP?? (No, need. I'll help you. Perot needed a name for VP for the ballots in all 50 States and Stockdale agreed to be the "name" until Perot could find who he wanted.)

Any of you remember the Reagan Democrats? Those conservative Democrats that crossed over to give Reagan 2 landslides? They also put GHWB into office by a huge margin over Michael Dukakis. This attack on GHWB by Buchanan and Perot drew enough of these Reagan Democrats away to make a difference. These are the voters that when polled said they were Democrats but voted for Perot over Bush. Thus, the misconception that Perot drew equally away from Clinton and GHWB.

Obviously bunk info. Perot was considered the most conservative of the 3. Is someone going to convince me that those Reagan Democrats were going to go for Willie over GHWB? Not if they went for Perot.

Without Perot in 1992, GHWB wins. While he was never my favorite, (and certainly was no Reagan) 4 more years of GHWB would have been infinitely better than letting the Clintons out of Arkansas and loose on America. The Clintons dominated the Dem Party for 24 years. Their deal to let Hillary get Daniel Patrick Moynahan's seat in NY is a prime example. Hillary's deal to become Sec of State for her endorsement of Obama is another. Obamacare was just an updated version of Hillarycare that was rejected in1994. Without Perot, we would never have Clinton, and for you NeverTrumpers, would have never needed Trump to defeat HRC in 2016. So if any of you Nevertrumpers voted for Perot back in the day, you're proof elections have consequences. You felt good about yourselves for an instant pulling the lever for Perot back in the day, and have been miserable living through Willie, W., Obama, and The Don ever since.

Blind Willie Johnson and Led Zeppelin have some lyric just for you:

[Verse 1]
Oh, nobody's fault but mine
Nobody's fault but mine
Trying to save my soul tonight

Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine

I was one of those Reagan Democrats that voted twice for Reagan, and twice for Bush the First. Although I agreed with many things that Perot said, it did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that he couldn't win. The fact is very simple, and you can cut it any way you want to, but it's still going to come out the same......he got into the race to hurt Bush, and the majority of his votes came from voters who would have voted for Bush, so Ross Perot gave us Bill Clinton.

I've always thought that fate paid Perot back in the form of Ralph Nader, as it can be argued that Nader caused Gore to lose Florida in 2000, therefore giving Bush the Second the election. Yeah, he was a good American in many ways, but if he'd cared as much about the country as he let on like he did, he'd stayed out of politics.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Voting republican no matter what is why we keep getting George Bushes. If the sobs don’t run the best candidate, I ain’t voting for em.

So, if I understand you correctly, if you had been a Ted Cruz man, when Trump got the GOP nomination, you would have abstained from voting even if it meant Hillary would win? crazy miles
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Perot hated Bush more than he loved America. Any Republican is better than a Democrat . HW Bush wasn’t perfect and the Clintons were horrible.
Posted By: hanco Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
RIP
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19

pretty much sums up my thoughts. His boy Rand is pretty much as useless.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
I think one of the stupidest sentences in the English Language is
"If you voted for X, you helped elect Y over Z".
When you vote for the lesser of two evils, YOU STILL GET EVIL!
Backing piss poor candidates always leads to more piss poor candidates.
Perot was clearly a better choice for America than Bush or Clinton. Both backed the NAFTA agreement, which allowed American Manufacturers to move to Mexico where labor was cheaper and environmental protection less stringent. End result for the U.S., lost jobs and lost revenue. Perot warned us!
I never was a rocket scientist, but even back then, I could see the writing on the wall.
Now, through the lenses of hindsight, it's clear that the deep state controlled both parties.
Remember that in 1980 the Republican Party coerced Reagan into accepting Bush as a running mate.
7mm
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I also voted for Perot and would do it again.

Morewood, I read your intro and I was impressed.

That has evaporated, however, as you appear to be a dumbass.

Why would you vote for a dead man?

Is Morewood from Illinois? That would explain that.

P
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by milespatton

So, if I understand you correctly, if you had been a Ted Cruz man, when Trump got the GOP nomination, you would have abstained from voting even if it meant Hillary would win? crazy miles

No. I voted for Trump. Even though he ran Republican, he is an outsider. I was concerned about having a reality show host running the country, but so far, i'm pleased with his performance.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
We all know that Perot got Clinton elected. I'm still wondering, though, whether he ran just for that purpose or if he really thought he could win.
Our system is set up for 2 parties and it's virtually impossible for a 3d party to win.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We all know that Perot got Clinton elected. I'm still wondering, though, whether he ran just for that purpose or if he really though he could win.
Our system is set up for 2 parties and THEY damn sure aren't going to allow a 3d party to win.
Posted By: hatari Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19

CharterOakie says:

interesting. This guy was a NeverBusher. That's fine. The fact that he got his panties in a wad over GHWB and clan attacking Perot, but could care less that Perot (and Buchanan) went after GHWB is OK? He doesn't think that a super strong personality like H. Ross Perot didn't piss off countless people in his career and that Perot made as many enemies as friends? That's life in politics.

Let's say Perot was elected President and not Clinton or Bush. What would have been the outcome? The outcome that would see Perot trying to "clean out the barn", as he would as being the absolute power and authority at EDS would have been disaster. George Mitchell, Ted Kennedy, and Tom Foley would have stonewalled everything Perot wanted to do, much in the same manner we see Pelosi/Schumer obstructing Trump today. The MSMS would have quicklyjumped on Perot by claiming "He's ill equipped for the political arena. Can't cut a deal. Too radical. Out of touch with Washington." Nobody thinkgs the Deep State wasn't all powerful in those days? Better look again.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We all know that Perot got Clinton elected. I'm still wondering, though, whether he ran just for that purpose or if he really though he could win.
Our system is set up for 2 parties and THEY damn sure aren't going to allow a 3d party to win.

It's our electoral college that keeps a 3d party from winning. Perot pulled a lot of votes but not a single EC vote. The last 3d party candidate to win any EC votes was George Wallace who won his own state but no others. The EC is one of the really great things in our constitution but it does limit us to 2 parties.
The most any 3d party could accomplish is to keep a major party from winning a majority and throw it into the house. That would almost guarantee a Republican will win no matter which party controls it.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
The Electoral College is the only thing allowing the states to matter. Otherwise only the larger population states would rule the vote. So if you’re happy to live with a president selected by NY, CALIFORNIA, Florida, Texas etc. then get rid of it.
Ross Perot was was a great man but he made great mistakes. He was a vindictive little cluck that changed the country in ways unimaginable back then.
GHWB made a huge mistake trusting the Democrats with their$.50 gas tax. Any idiot would have known they’d use it against him. Reagan made the same mistake in 86. by trusting them with immigration. That forever changed California to democrat.

You can’t vote so much ideology as it will always fail. You have to make a cold clear look at the candidates you are presented with and choose wisely. Perot never intended to win. That’s why he cut and ran. He got what he wanted and we got the shaft.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
The ones that voted for Perot are no smarter today than when they cast that vote. Anytime you split the vote you cause problems.
Our system is not designed for 3 parties.
Perot qualifications really don’t matter , his running elected Clinton and all the heart ache that came with him. Hasbeen
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Ross Perot RIP - 07/10/19
No small wonder we're in the mess we're in, given the asinine comments here...
No small wonder we're in the mess we're in, given the asinine comments here...

Agree ..
© 24hourcampfire