Home
I have a pair of Acme black boots I bought in Des Moines, Iowa in 1962. laugh I have to admit I have not worn the in a while now. laugh

What do you good folks have?
Chocolate elephant Justins from Lott, Texas, 1982.
Got a light weight kangaroo hide hunting boots I bought in the late 70s.
I still have my first beret I got after Jump School in 1989. That's the only piece of uniform I can fit in!
my granddads hunting coat. he died in 75 and it was old as hell then. probably from the 30's or 40's. still has blood stains in the game bag and old tissues and bits of pencil and seeds and twigs in the pockets. i left it all there. i used to wear it once in a while until it shrunk mysteriously.
Bought some linemans boots in the early 70's and still have a pair of cowboy boots i bought in the late 70's.

Both still fit but due to back problems can't stand the heels.
I have my high school letter jacket. I never darkened the doorway nor attended any reunions. The logic doesn't make sense to me either.
Of my own clothes, a 1975 pair of combat boots I was issued in 1988, of my dads, a 1960s era pair of sorel hunting boots that I haven’t worn in years.

Old70
Have a pair of LL Beane Maine Hunting shoes from when I was a senior in high school, 1978. They are on their 3rd set of rubber bottoms though.
Concert Ts from a couple decades back.
Everything else gets worn out and replaced.
1950's vintage Woolrich. My wife has repaired the cuffs and tightened up the button holes but it's still in overall great shape.

[Linked Image]

Still have a leather coat my wife(then girlfriend) bought me for my birthday back in1970. Looks about as good still as it did brand new but I'd have to loose around 75lbs +/- for me to be able to wear it again.

[Linked Image]
Thought my 1995 brush popper was old.
I recently dumped out an old expedition duffel bag and found a pair of almost new Montbell 3layer GTX alpine climbing/ skiing side zip pants. Old school but w/ gusseted crotch, double seat and knees and articulated knees. I have had these since the mid '90s They have a soft hand for GTX and I will try them for hunting this winter.If I lose 10 more pounds.

mike r
A 29 year old pair of Hawthorne , lace & leather packer riding boots. I believe they have resoled 5 or 6 times. Just keep them properly greased.
I still wear a pair of Pioneer wool pants I bought in 1984, patched and let out a tad. I would of been 26 years old. Good stuff.
I still wear an Army coat that belonged to my Grandpa. I still have quit a few t-shirts from the 1980s, as well. I tend to wear them while sawmilling.
My oldest would be my Whites Smokejumpers purchased in about '98. Rebuilt a couple of times and the last rebuild fits the best. They're a 10 1/2 D on a custom last and the last pair of anything 10 1/2 that I can wear period.

In my post middle age as the arches flatten out I'm at least an 11 but the Whites are a Godsend and with the high arch support still fit perfect and are extremely comfortable. Besides the comfort they're also a workout boot being heavy as fook.

Sure am glad I'm retired. grin

Not sure how you lot do this, all my stuff is rooted in a few years.
Two pairs of Peter Limmer custom hiking boots from Peter Limmer and Sons of Interval NH ...... I had the first pair made for me in 1970 and the second pair a couple years later. By today's standards they are heavy, but both pair are still supremely comfortable. The first pair has been resoled 8 or 9 times and rebuilt twice.

https://www.limmercustomboot.com/limmer-custom-boots/?domain=info
Fatigue shirt from '71.
Whites smoke jumpers and Filson cruiser. Both purchased in 86. Plus my Stetson, it was a present from my senior year of high school 1968.

Just remembered I still have Class "A" Greens and a summer Khaki uniform from late '60s hanging in a closet.

Fished a synthetic hairy pullover sweater out of the trash the day I graduated college, in early 70's.

I wear it a couple times a month, day before yesterday in fact. After several days here in the 80's or above, that 63 degree morning felt a mite nippy..... that's the oldest thing I'm still wearing regularily. I still have my mouton eskimo parka made for me in mid 70's, but it doesn't see much use anymore. Needs to be at least 20 below with some wind before it's not too warm.

I have a grey and black vertically striped synthetic hoodie that is usually worn on hunting trips. That thing is at least 20 years old, and pretty effective as camoflage. Got that one out of the trash too... smile
I have my lederhosen that I wore at age 3 (1961). I looked like a Hummel figurine.

I have a Ridgeway hat my father gave me at age 4 (1964). I wore that all I could until my early teens.

I have a pair of work boots my father bought me in 1973 when I started working for him at the apartments. I only wear them when I'm putting slurry on the driveway.

I have a pair of sneakers I wore in Gym class in 1972. I keep them, because they're bright orange. I also have my gym shirt from back then. Not only does the school no longer exist, but the school district folded in the 90's.

I have the Vasque hiking boots I started college with (1976). They're on their 3rd sole. However, they're a bit pinchy.

I have a pair of blue suede disco shoes from the mid-70's that I keep, because they're just too funky to throw out.

The one piece of clothing that I actually still wear is a green balaclava I started wearing in 1967. I keep it in the bottom of my sleeping bag for when I get cold camping.
In 1966 I got my father a Woolrich brown plaid wool jacshirt for Christmas. It was $15.00 at Al’s Men’s Shop in Ogdensburg. My girlfriend at the time got me an identical one. I still wear one of them regularly, not sure which one it is.

I still have the pea coat I was issued at Great Lakes in 1968. It still fits and I wear it occasionally.
Camo coveralls from 1975.
Carhartt coveralls that belonged to my Grandfather, he bought them new somewhere around 1972.
I still have Dad's old red and black plaid Woolrich hunting coat and pants, as well as his last pair of Sorel hunting boots. Sadly, the classic Woolrich outfit doesn't fit me any more, but it goes to deer camp with me every year just the same. Hangs by the front door, and it's always the last thing I see and touch before heading out for the hunt. Keeps me thinking about the things that are important, and the man who made me what I am today.
I have a pair of Sorel pack boots from the mid 70's. Also a pair of Danner Canadians that were purchased in 1991 or 92. They have been rebuilt once and are beat to hell but are still my go to boot in the fall.
A pair of ostrich skin boots I got back in maybe 1981. I still wear them every week.
Cabela's Goretex camo coat Made in USA.....can't remember the year I bought it sometime around 1980.....still waterproof .....use it for early and late season fishing, ice fishing and snowblowing......
I have dad's Air Force parka from either 1955 or 57. He flew to Pt. Barrow, AK, Iceland, Greenland, and the rest of the DEW Line sites. It has the old Air Corps insignia, real fur around the snorkle, and heavy as hell. Unfortunately, unless I go all Karen Carpenter, I'll never be able to wear it again.
Still have a green wool hunting jacket and pants made by Johnson woolen mills in Cambridge Vermont. I replaced the pants about 20 years ago but the coat is probably 50 years old. I went to the mill on a shopping trip and the prices certainly aren't like they were in the 60's.
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Also a pair of Danner Canadians that were purchased in 1991 or 92. They have been rebuilt once and are beat to hell but are still my go to boot in the fall.

I too have a set of Danner Canadians from 95-96-ish. Mine still look pretty good, don't wear them much anymore because they're so doggone heavy. When I would typically have worn the Canadians, now I wear a set of Schnees 13" pack boots.
1965 I got a pair of Whites boots - still good to go. However, the miles have taken a toll on the body...
A handmade cowboy shirt I wore in the 1965 Snake River Stampede. Pair of wingtops from 1975. Still wear thise on occasion. Leather coat of my dad's from the midfle 40's.
Great thread to jog some memories.

2 pieces of orange outerwear, both worn and bloodstained, both at least 30 years old, and both still get the nod for each hunting trip.
Cabela's blaze orange down filled vest and Patagonia orange outer shell.

3 very different pairs of footwear all so comfortable that the soles wore through both layers of leather.
Minnetonka deerskin mocs, Irish Setter (Redwing) elk tracker boots, Tony Llama Caribou boots (resoled and reheeled numerous times).
Still have a pair of extreme cold weather G.I. style "Mickey Mouse" boots from 1978 or '79. They're still functional because they rarely get worn. Last few years when it's real cold I've got two different styles of the insulated Muck Boots that have been getting the nod. The "Mickey Mouse" boots are great if you have to sit still in the woods for hours deer hunting in single digit temps.
5 new Hartz, Shaffner and Marx 30 year old suits that will likely never fit again, but I gotta try.
Brazilian made leather jacket from the 70's.

A pair of Red Dot waders from the 80's.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Have a pair of LL Beane Maine Hunting shoes from when I was a senior in high school, 1978. They are on their 3rd set of rubber bottoms though.

I believe that brand/model of boot is legendary.
Dad bought me the Sorels I wear regularly in 1984. There frequently paired with red checked wool hunting pants bought for him by granddad in the late '50's. They came my way after they mysteriously shrank back in the late '80s.
Set of jungle fatigues and boots from 1968, fatigues are unused, boots are well worn and still have some red dust in the seams.
It's probably a pair of underwear.
I have a Pendleton wool coat from the early 70's.
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Originally Posted by Mike_S

I believe that brand/model of boot is legendary.

Actually have 2 pair. Second pair is only 30 years old. This model was the insulated hunting shoe with gore-tex bootie and a bob sole. Unfortunately when I resoled them had to get the regular bottoms, the bob type no longer available.

Love the uninsulated boots for early season bird hunting then switch to the other pair when the temperature drops.
A pair of 1965 black Florsheim chukka used for inspection and parades,
Just today was trying to decide whether to toss them - a very much worn pair of low top PUMA sport shoes from 1958 when playing college soccer. Molded and studded sole - no removable cleats. That was new. I think the PUMA were first imported from Germany at about that time.
why keep a pair of brogans around like Pa Kettle? I would think anything more than 5-10 yrs old would be dried, dry-rotted, stiff and uncomfortable as heck. Why the hoarding, sentimental? For footwear?

I have a pair of steel toed Justins, wellingtons. Probably 6 years.

They are only good for weed eating and tilling. They were probably only good for such when new too. But they are gawd awful rough and stiff.

Oldest shirt I have is called a "Melton Wintermaster"; which is some kind of wool blend. This one dates to 1973, as I recall buying it from a nearby Surplus / Outdoor store that was close to where I was living in 1973. Still in good shape because it only gets worn for cold weather deer hunting. Was wearing it Nov. 25th, 1989 when I shot the biggest whitetail of my life, (so far) and you can see it under my jacket in the picture when I was posing for the "happy hunter" photo with my gun & the deer.
I have a pair of MickyMouse boot that I bought in 73!
Probably my wool bibs. The rest is interchangeable. The new clothes are so much better than most of the stuff from even 5 years ago, it makes no sense to keep it around.
I don’t keep old stuff except the wifey!
I just gave away a pair of good cowboy boots I got from Eddie Bauer in 1982. Double lined and standing as tall as new. Re-soled a couple times. They had some use marks, but nowhere near quitting. I have a leather belt I wear frequently that is possibly as old as I am. Damn, did I used to be thinner! smile But I don't need a new hole yet, so I call that winning.
1973 or 74 JC Penneys Wingtips. Leather soles, heels with nails. Got a bit green in Okinawa but cleaned up.
I still have the parka I was issued when I went to Thule Greenland in 1963, like someone mentioned earlier it is heavy and the hood is fitted with real fur, unlike the newer ones with synthetic fur.

I have a pair of lightweight warm weather LaCrosse knock-offs of the L L Bean hunting boots that I bought in the early 70's, the soles are worn to the point that they are slick and I can't wear them on ice or snow but I still get a lot of use out of them.

drover
A pair of Frey boots that I bought in '77. Took 6 mos. of every day wear to break them in. Lotsa blisters. Now they are like a pair of old friends. Only get worn on casual nights out or if we go throw dice. My lucky boots!!
I have an old Navy jacket that my father had in WW II on LST 29. They were issued cold weather gear as if going to the Aleutians but ended going to Tarawa, Kwajalein and Eniwetok. It’s black with “US NAVY” in white letters on the back. I kinda took it over for a hunting jacket as a teenager. It’s a bit tight now but still in petty good shape.
Black Sabbath and Widowmaker tour shirts circa early '90s.
Cub scout uniform.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Like made out of a real Brazillian?
I have a woodland cameo light weight hunting jacket my grandmother gave me as a gift...when I was probably 13-14 years old..it came from coast to coast .that would have been the 70 s somtime...havnt been able to wear it for years but my son wore it some and I will give it to one of my grandsons...I have an army field jacket I got when I was in highschool..probably 79-80... I wear it every deer season and quite a bit through the winter..boots never did last me long till I discovered wesco...still have the first pear and they are 2004 vintage..just had the heels replaced this year...while in scapoose I couldn't resist ordering a second pear...
I have a Columbia Gore-Tex camo hunting parka my dad bought me in 1986. Still fits, still works.
I have Dad's last field jacket, and duffle bag from 1945, right before he mustered out of the army. I also have a field pack with two holes cut in the bottom. Dad would stuff me in that field pack with my legs hanging out the bottom and take me out hunting with him. We must have been quite a site sneaking through the woods what with me on his back in that old beat up pack.
Still have my FFA jacket. Grad in 73. No, it don't fit.
I've got a pair of Justin sea turtle boots I bought before my Wife and I got married, and we've been married 34 years.

These boots are supposed to be worth some money, IF I could find a buyer.

Virgil B.
A heavy winter coat I bought from Montgomery Wards in 1966. I was only 13, but it was intended to be worn as an overcoat on top of a suit, so I got it two sizes bigger than normal. I've grown in all dimensions since then, but fifty three years later it still fits.
Boy Scout uniform shirt from the early 70s.
Hav a J.C. Higgins field/bird hunting jacket; probably late 60's?
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Like made out of a real Brazillian?

If you've ever met any Brazilians, you could see where that may be called for from time to time. smile
I've got a winter coat from when I was in junior high (1963) that I really liked and am saving for my grandsons. I also have my leather jacket from my motorcycle days. Other than that, I have some underwear that I still use that are probably older than some of the members here.
I have a pair of military surplus wool pants from 1947 that I hunt in every year. (and have for close to 30 years)
While anybody can have an older garment lying around, my main hunting season outerwear is circa 1991 and I've been wearing it ever since. We have a 3-month long deer season here, so it has some miles on it, with the bibs nearly being threadbare at this point. 10x brand, original Realtree Greenleaf pattern. I'll likely have a memorial service when it finally gives up the ghost.
I have a pair of boots that have many soles and heels worn out on dance floors. Had them made in 82. That’s the oldest thing I wear.
© 24hourcampfire