Home
Posted By: ingwe Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Anybody know what's at the root of the problems in Puerto Rico with them ousting the Governor? I haven't read up on it but my first guess is drug money is involved...

Anyone know the scoop?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
BS in the press has it he was video recorded saying mean things about people.

Not like me at all, I never said anything mean about all the azzholes I ever knew. Always careful to not hurt their pathetic little feelers.
Da fugg do I dare about portorico...

I'll say this, sounds like he was talking smack on da innanet and got his ass in a sling. I couldn't care less. Like to have a beer with the guy actually.

Drug money? No idea.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
What's wrong? Puerto Ricans, that's what. Plain old corruption and talking BS on texts about women. THAT is what got him. Anyway, that island is corrupted from one end to the other. Nobody works, mostly on welfare from you people...
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Yep.
Dan has it.

Turns out most elected officials dont respect the electorate.

Who knew?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Originally Posted by jorgeI
What's wrong? Puerto Ricans, that's what. Plain old corruption and talking BS on texts about women. THAT is what got him. Anyway, that island is corrupted from one end to the other. Nobody works, mostly on welfare from you people...

Boricua Indians in the mix enough said. Many years ago I used to date an Eastern Airlines Stewardess. She had the NY to San Juan Flight and a few times a month the Indios would fly to NY to get their Welfare check and then head home on the next flight.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yeah...but is that REALLY it?

Is there some underlying bad stuff going on? And they're using that as an excuse?

I know, I know..its never happened before....not with Noriega in Panama, not with the past President of Mexico, or of Colombia...or the United states....

Call me whimsical..I sometimes don't believe what the media is telling me....
Posted By: hatari Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
PR has issues. The raise in minimum raise really caused problems there. There were many jobs in tourism for $7/hr that all went away at $10+/hr. People could get 40-50 hours per week working hotels and restaurants and get by. Sometimes they'd have 2 jobs to get those hours, but they worked what ever they wanted and were glad to have it. Once those jobs were gone, the welfare rolls swelled. Hurricane really crippled them. All that according to my sources that have family in PR.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yeah...but is that REALLY it?

Is there some underlying bad stuff going on? And they're using that as an excuse?

I know, I know..its never happened before....not with Noriega in Panama, not with the past President of Mexico, or of Colombia...or the United states....

Call me whimsical..I sometimes don't believe what the media is telling me....

There is nothing secret about what is happening in PR. It is a welfare state with unbelievable corruption. They will never recover from the Hurricane because of this fact. If they get wacked with another one it will be over for all intents and purposes.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
The govt is slow to rebuild their tin sheds and chicken coops for them since Maria.
Posted By: hatari Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Also, was this the same governor who ran is mouth as an anti-Trump Dem after the hurricane?

Seems to me PR got better care than the Florida panhandle has. Dems don't want the Red panhandle to recover so have withheld funding.
Originally Posted by hatari
Also, was this the same governor who ran is mouth as an anti-Trump Dem after the hurricane?

Seems to me PR got better care than the Florida panhandle has. Dems don't want the Red panhandle to recover so have withheld funding.

I believe that was the Female mayor of San Juan. I know Obongo shipped a bunch of PR's over to Orlando, I wonder if they are back home or still in Orlando.
Originally Posted by slumlord
The govt is slow to rebuild their tin sheds and chicken coops for them since Maria.

I say ship them as many Formaldehyde infested FEMA trailers as they can handle.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
43% of the PR population is on food stamps, and 27% on welfare. PR does not pay federal income tax.

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/03/30/fact-check-43-percent-puerto-rico-food-stamps/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Puerto_Rico
Posted By: joken2 Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19

A few local younger men worked in Puerto Rico doing reconstruction from hurricane Maria damage. The ones I talked with said their infrastructure already was a shambles well before the hurricane due to mainly the usual government and law enforcement corruption, payoffs, waste. Decades of financial aid from other countries and entities pocketed instead of spent on infrastructure upgrades and expansions as it was supposed to be. New equipment that was bought or donated 'disappeared' before it could be installed.

A son-in-law worked in restoring their electricity there all last year and daughter and grand kids spent the better part of last summer there with him. They loved it in the areas where they stayed. Like so many other island tourist traps, though, beautiful beaches, scenery, historic sites and friendly native people but away from the main tourist areas a dangerous, stinking, drug ridden, sub-poverty conditions, chit-hole.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Hey! The Riveria club was booming in ‘77! Right across the street from the docks in old town San Juan! What a place!!!
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
Originally Posted by joken2

the usual government and law enforcement corruption, payoffs, waste. Decades of financial aid from other countries and entities pocketed instead of spent on infrastructure upgrades and expansions as it was supposed to be. New equipment that was bought or donated 'disappeared' before it could be installed.

That's what I heard. PR had something like 300 different government agencies...
Posted By: MJones Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/29/19
We should cut the whole damn place loose , let're sink
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/30/19
What happened to the hurricane relief money the 50 billion dollars? They got more than Texas and Louisiana.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/30/19
Fugging welfare island.
Should just 86 the mutha fugga,s and let em be their own failed nation...
Insted of a bunch of titty babies on my taxpaying nickel.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by slumlord

I say ship them as many Formaldehyde infested FEMA trailers as they can handle.

Hahahaha!!!!

If you only knew the hilarity of that post and quote.

LMFAO!!!

Maybe slumarella can elaborate a little whistle
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Puerto Rico Governor - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
What happened to the hurricane relief money the 50 billion dollars? They got more than Texas and Louisiana.

That IS the question on the table.

May never know.

DF
© 24hourcampfire