Home
As of some time yesterday, I am older than my father lived. He died from accidental drowning, not natural cause.
Still, I reflect on the thought.

I wonder sometimes why the Good Lord has kept me around, maybe there is something I yet need to do?
I lost my mother to cancer when I was 16. I too, often, wonder why?

Lost dad 17 years ago at age 81. Prostate cancer. I'm 66, have had a heart attack at 57, and now have type 2 diabetes. Modern medicine has kept me alive. I don't look that old, compared to some of my friends, but inside I have too many ailments, aches and pains. Were only talking another 15 years if I make it to dad's age when he passed. I sure do miss him.
I hope he keeps you around a good deal longer!

Dad will be even with Grandpa next year.

I hope he goes a lot longer too!

No idea if my biological family was long lived or not.
My Dad is 75. As I type this, he is in the hospital having had a stroke recently. I hope I die at work sometime in my late 60s, Dad lived too long.
Dad is 84, his father lived to 77.
My dad lived to 92. I'm 70 so I have a ways to go. Mom is still going at 101. If long life is at least partly genetic, I could last a while yet.
My dad was 83, I don’t. Know if I’ll get there!
Pops has lived longer than his father by 5 years this year. All because of modern medicine. He has survived two med/mild heart attacks, two strokes and prostate cancer.

Get back to me in 25+ years.
I still have 23 years to beat his mark.
My paternal grandfather lived to be 92. My father had his first heart attack at 67 and was in poor health until he passed from a stroke at 74. I am 55 and I wonder about my own prospects often. For sure, there are no guarantees and none of us know how many days we have left.
My dad died too young at 53–he drank. I’m 70
Of my kin that didn’t drink most lasted into their 90’s
My daddy's 86, he still cuts his own grass, does his own snow blowing and when I broke my ankle in January he was my chauffeur to work every day until I could drive again.
My Dad's ninety and hanging in there so I won't know the answer to that for at least three decades. His Father passed on at 51 but being a coal miner likely overrode any genetic factors.
I'm 69, my father died of a heart attack at age 53. My grandfather lived to be 84, and he had survived several heart attacks and strokes before he died of a heart attack.

So far, so good, no sign of heart disease with me.
"Have you lived longer than your father?"

Yes. And my mother. My father died in 1965, at 65, my mother died in 1981, at 73.

I'm still ticking along, thankfully.

L.W.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No idea if my biological family was long lived or not.

Same here. Biological family history is unknown.

However, I can surmise that my actual mother and father must have been very intelligent and really good lookin'...
I'm 65, father died at 51. A cardiac arrhythmia.
Yes I have. My father died at a very early age. He was 35 and they said it was likely a heart attack. His father lived to age 75 or 76.

I\I am nearly 83 and do not have any serious health issues that we know about. The LORD is gracious to some of us.
Dad died in 2012, mom died in 2016.

It sucks. Death comes to everyone eventually, but it's difficult when you've believed they were immortal since you could walk talk...

Sorry to anyone reading this and lost a parent. Precious parents, a gift from God. Has to be a god.
Dad turns 89 Sept 1, Mom is 83. Grandpa made it to 96, Grandma to 94. My maternal grandfather died in his late 70s of emphysema. But he smoked about a can of Black Velvet per day, starting at age 12.

No, I am not opting for early Social Security.
Dad died at 66, from smoking related cancers.
I’m 68 never smoked
Mom is 91, drives, gardens and is in good shape.
Not yet. I've got a few months to go. Dad died in his sleep at 66 when his heart went out of rhythm. He had diabetes. I'm 65 and pretty healthy, except for structural damage I did in my 20's.

Mom lived till she was 93. I may not catch her.
I made it passed my grandfather

But he smoked 3 packs of Lucky Strikes and shot pool every day.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As of some time yesterday, I am older than my father lived. He died from accidental drowning, not natural cause.
Still, I reflect on the thought.

I wonder sometimes why the Good Lord has kept me around, maybe there is something I yet need to do?

Hard one to answer as I do not know if he is still alive.
Yes, but not due to health issues. My Dad was killed in a rock fall in a South African gold mine at age 29. I was 15 months old. My Grandfather however, lived to be 87 and was in good health. He slipped and fell at home alone, and bled out from a cut on his leg.
Not quite there but can't imagine I'm gonna make it. We have a long history of early deaths. I'm healthy but so we're all my dead ancestors.

It's been a life well lived though.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I know you've had your health issues lately, but you're probably the funniest clown on this entire site.

Im feeling your pain man. You've gone through a lot..

Love reading your take on things. It's made me smarter. Dumb Minnesota Norwegian here. I was born here and I'll die here...we're pretty dumb stock overall. Vikings...all the smart one got kilt off or sumthin
My mom passed unexpectedly in 2008, but dad is now 96, so I don't imagine I will make that.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
"Have you lived longer than your father?"

Yes. And my mother. My father died in 1965, at 65, my mother died in 1981, at 73.

I'm still ticking along, thankfully.

L.W.

So how old are you if your mother would be 111?
Not yet. Dad made it to 83 and died suddenly from a brain aneurysm. Heavy smoker until his mid 60's when he quit. Ten years short of that now with no maladies or medications in my life at all. All the joints etc still up to snuff. Hope to beat 83 substantially as there is still a lot to do.
I'm 76. My father, grandfather and great-grandfather all died before they reached the age of 50 (cardiovascular issues). So far, I haven't been troubled with any of that.

My mother lived into her late 80s, so I guess that I can thank her genetic contributions for being able to live as long as I have.
I'm 7 years older than when my Dad passed away.
Lost my dad 18 years ago yesterday. Died from an accident and they didn't catch the injury. Tore his spleen. I was there within 36 hours and his (bitch of a) wife had already had him cremated. I was pretty upset. I figure he'd still be around otherwise.
i am a programmer , therefore i can express my medical opinion.

"cardiac arrhythmia" can not be the cause of death , we all die when heart stops.
I haven't outlived my biological father yet but I hope I can last at least another 20 years. I can feel a little aging the last four or five years, but still pretty damned vigorous at 64. I hope to do a lot of hunting to make up for lost time after I retire in about three years.
Maybe. I had not had anything to do with him in 40 years or so when he died. All I remember is he died in a span between 1994-96 or 99-2000. I am in way better health at 62 than he was. He was a wheelchair bound double amputee diabetic and cardiac patient.

Everybody knows pool shooting will kill a man. smile
I'll be surprised if I live longer than Dad. I'm 61, he's 95, slowed down a lot, but still going.
If I make it through next month then, yes.
No. I'm 56, my father is currently 82. His father died at 64. On my mothers side, her father lived to be 86
My dad died at 56...his brother, my uncle died at 53, other uncle died at 53...

I had a heart attack when I was 31 and a Doctor who literally told me not to put much money in an IRA...

Just turned 67 and all my "numbers" are healthier than they've been since I was in my 20s....

Go figure.
Originally Posted by ingwe
My dad died at 56...his brother, my uncle died at 53, other uncle died at 53...

I had a heart attack when I was 31 and a Doctor who literally told me not to put much money in an IRA...

Just turned 67 and all my "numbers" are healthier than they've been since I was in my 20s....

Go figure.

I hope your IRA numbers are healthy, too.
My dad lived to 97 and my mom died 33 days later at 93. Both in 2001. I'm not sure with all the crap that is going on I want to live to 97. I'm 75 now and just want to get President Trump reelected.
I'm the same age as my dad when he died.
Lost my dad in 1981 when he was 57...... He smoked from the time he entered the Navy in 1943 until about 5 years before he passed. The Emphysema was getting pretty bad and one night he just never woke up. His dad passed at age 67 in late 1960 from what was called "hardening of the arteries" back then. I believe it's "arterial sclerosis" now (?). Probably from a high cholesterol problem that everyone on that side of the family has. My cholesterol numbers are great due to being active, sort of watching what I eat, and a generic statin drug. Feel good and doing my thing at age 69; but at that age, who knows what lies ahead ? On the bright side my mother will be 93 tomorrow. She's in assisted living and gets the help she needs and is in good spirits. I'm hoping I got a lot of her families genes.
Since I’m meeting dad for lunch the answer is no, at least not yet. Dad is healthy as a horse. He’s literally only been to the doctors twice in his almost 80 years. The last time he went to the doctors was 2 years ago and he was sick with the flu, because he’d smoked since he was 10 years old he got scared not being able to breathe. When they released him a few days later he never touched a cigarette again and he feels great. We lost mom a few years ago and watching dad fumble through the days trying to stay busy and fill his loneliness is tough to watch. I don’t want to live a long life, I want to live a full life. I’m healthy but my back is wasted from abusing it when I was younger. Had a 2.5” attack line charged before I called for it and that threw me for a wallop, had a 400# patient fall while transferring her and that also found me in the ER. My bad back is the only complaint I have so I’m very thankful for the good health I’ve been blessed with.

As our children get older and we watch their success in their young life it makes me excited to stick around and enjoy them for a good while longer. I’ll live until the good Lord calls me home but I can’t imagine what my life would look like or feel like if my wife wasn’t in it. If she were to pass first I’d be lost.
Lost my Mom & Dad both a year ago. He was 82 and she was 77. I’m 59 now and will be damn lucky to make it to be as old as either one of them lived to be.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Still, I reflect on the thought.I wonder sometimes why the Good Lord has kept me around, maybe there is something I yet need to do?

I'm sorry that you lost your father in such a tragic manner - and that you and he missed being together for some important parts of your life.
My dad died on his 70th birthday after a courageous battle against melanoma. I am in my 82nd year and trying to do some good stuff every day. Older is slower.
Not yet but I'm one year short of Mom. But I didn't inherit the disease that got her. Dad inherited the family cardiac problems but with new drugs that's not what got him, got his older brothers though and is why I never knew my paternal grandfather. And physically I much favor my mothers side.

Dad's theory was the first born resembles the mother so the father won't eat him. wink
Dad is 93 and twenty-three years older than I so I may or may not live as long as he. Not sure I want to. GD
I am 68, Dad died at 42, his father at 58, and his father at 52. So I am setting new records every day.
Dad died at 85. Long life but last few weren't good. Iseem to have the good heart most the family did. Have a few other things wrong as we ll do. At 64 I'm just hangng around retired like. Great grandmother lived to 103. Couple aunts 90s. It is what it is.
I'm 55. My dad died the day after his 74th birthday. He had smoked heavily since age 11 or 12, drank heavily probably just about as long, cooked everything in lard and ate mayonnaise out of the jar. He survived a big heart attack in his early 50's and bypass surgery later in life but it was cancer that eventually got him. I don't smoke or drink but I am over weight, I do stay pretty active. I feel like I deserve at least as long as he got (it's not easy typing with these crossed fingers).
Dad died from heart disease at age 59. I am 71 and still having fun.
Dad died when he was 56. Being 100 pounds overweight, smoking 4 packs of Pall Malls, and drinking roughly a fifth of whiskey a day might of had something to do with it.
I am 66 and in good health. My dads bad habits caused me to have better ones. I don’t smoke, chew, and rarely drink. I just fight the weight battle constantly even though I exercise often and stay active.
My dad made it to 63. He drank like a fish and smoked several packs a day. His brother that never smoked or drank died of lung cancer in his early 40s. I guess when it’s your time it’s your time.
No. Mine passed away last June seven days after his 89th birthday. I was there for his birthday but not for his death. I am 57.
My dad just turned 68 about a week ago.
His dad was in his 80’s when he died of cancer from smoking.
Neither of us smoke so hopefully we’ll make it that long.
My grandfather passed at age 72. My father passed at age 72. My brother passed at age 71. I am 68.
[quote=wabigoon

[/quote]

I believe you are doing it already. Keep it up.
Thank you for the kind thought Mister Green, not nearly enough, if I am heading in the proper direction.
I'm 59. Dad died at 67 from Parkinson's. His sister died of MS.

My mom is 79 with 2 metal heart valves due to rheumatic fever as a kid.

Figure if the genetic dice rolled my way I should make it. Otherwise...
My father got Type 1 diabetes at 11, only a few years after insulin became available, so he survived with a daily shot. Got tuberculosis at 17, and survived that too, though he had another severe bout in his late 20's. As a result of both diseases, doctors told him he would die young, so he never paid much attention to his health, smoking 3-4 packs of cigarettes a day, eating so much of the wrong things he gained 60+ pounds after he and my mother got married, and getting little exercise. He had his first heart attack at 40, a bad one, but quit smoking and lost 60+ pounds--allowing him to survive until 44, when a second one killed him

I smoked a little when young and dumb, but never close to as much as he did. Eat far better and have worked out regularly since my 20's. Am 66, and may keel over tomorrow, or last as long as my mother, who died at 88 a few years ago, despite not treating herself very well--except for not smoking.
My mother and dad divorced before I was one. I’ve never seen him, so I have no idea.
G-mother passed at 104
G-dad at 98

Dad will be 91 in September

I'll be 65 December, I may have a ways to go.................
My Dad was the 7th of 8 kids. 1 died of cancer from smoking in his 60's. All the rest topped 85. Dad reached 92, the oldest of the bunch.
My dad went thru the depression and was captured at the battle of the bulge and went thru hell, his nerves were shot and he passed at age 45 when I was 8.

At 65 I have lived 20 years longer than him and 10 years longer than both of my older brothers
My father passed two years ago he was 86 I'm at 63 Hanging in there with no health issues.
I'm 73, my dad died at 70 and his 4 brothers and sisters died at about the same age. On the other side, my mother died at 98, and all of the rest of her side of the family lived past 90.
I was planning on the 90's myself, but not counting on it!
I'm just shy of 75. Dad passed at 63. His dad at 70. Moms dad at 70. Mom at 88. Right now, recovering from knee replacement I'm not having fun but will hang in.
My dad is 93 and still hanging in.. I would be surprised if I make it so long
I too have a split Mom/Dad genetic heritage. Every male on Dad's side keeled over of a heart attack in their 50s. Dad died at 56 of his second heart attack the day Nixon resigned. Everyone on Mom's side has to have their heart cut out and beaten with a stick to get them to die before 90. Fortunately, I "take after" Mom.

When I told my family Doc about the Dad side, he said "Not on my watch" and he's kept me going until 72 (at least!) with low-dose BP and cholesterol drugs. With that and my Mom's family history, I should have a couple decades left before me.
My Dad died at 84. I'm pushing 82 and in better shape than he was at 82. His last two years was a real fight. One for the books.
Not a chance in hell.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Since I’m meeting dad for lunch the answer is no, at least not yet. Dad is healthy as a horse. He’s literally only been to the doctors twice in his almost 80 years. The last time he went to the doctors was 2 years ago and he was sick with the flu, because he’d smoked since he was 10 years old he got scared not being able to breathe. When they released him a few days later he never touched a cigarette again and he feels great. We lost mom a few years ago and watching dad fumble through the days trying to stay busy and fill his loneliness is tough to watch. I don’t want to live a long life, I want to live a full life. I’m healthy but my back is wasted from abusing it when I was younger. Had a 2.5” attack line charged before I called for it and that threw me for a wallop, had a 400# patient fall while transferring her and that also found me in the ER. My bad back is the only complaint I have so I’m very thankful for the good health I’ve been blessed with.

As our children get older and we watch their success in their young life it makes me excited to stick around and enjoy them for a good while longer. I’ll live until the good Lord calls me home but I can’t imagine what my life would look like or feel like if my wife wasn’t in it. If she were to pass first I’d be lost.

Regarding your 400 lb. patient. Same thing happened to my son. He is 6' and 240 and was partnered by a 5'5" 140# punk that pissed and moaned all shift about wanting to be a supervisor. He let a big con home patient go and my son took all the weight. Badly blown out back with a disability settlement. He tried to tell management the kid was a liability. No chance at a fire service career now.
I’ve still got 7 years to go.

Dad died on the Ides of March ‘98

"The evil men do lives on, while their good deeds are oft’ interred with their bones."
Anybody seen Bowsinger lately?
Wow Bob, this came from the archives.
I don’t know.
My Father lived till 78 years of age. I am 58 years of age. Another 20 years ? Not so sure with things the way they are. But the choice of when, outside of suicide, is the good Lords'.

Lynn
By about 6 months so far.
No and it appears unlikely I will. He lived till almost 80. Doesn’t seem likely I’ll make 65.

I’ll miss some things for sure.

But I’m grateful for the life I’ve had

It’s surpassed everything I could’ve hoped for.

Thank you God for this mostly wonderful life
I've outlived my father by 15 years and counting, he died of arterial sclerosis at the ripe old age of 45.
My Dad made it to 88....his mom made 98...I'm at 72 and fighting cancer so who knows.
I don't think so but I am in way better health than he was when he died. Double amputee from diabetes and heart disease.
Not yet. He's going on 91, I'm going on 65...outlived one of my grandfathers though.
Originally Posted by muffin
G-mother passed at 104
G-dad at 98

Dad will be 91 in September

I'll be 65 December, I may have a ways to go.................

At 26 I was half way to him, I'm 65 and he's 91, a little over 2/3s now, but he's still running away from me............. I'm gaining!
I'll be 60 this month. My Dad is 88 and in relatively good health.

Ron
my dad lives with me, he's 80, i check every morning to see if he's awake. he still works.

Shoulda had a razor in his shoe .
Not yet... 14+ to go...
My father was a bad alcoholic. He was told at age 30 he would die young if he didn't quit drinking. He didn't quit. He died when he was 63. He even live 15 years after he had a heart attack that he spent 3 days drinking to cover the pain and didn't tell anyone about.

I'm 60 now. I don't drink much, certainly not an alcoholic. I also have bradycardia - an unusually slow heart rate, though after testing mine is not a medical concern. My resting heart rate is 60.

The way I figure it, if I have my old man's constitution, if I take reasonable care of myself and, if your heart is factory-engineered to give X number of ticks and I'm using mine up slower than normal, I should live until I'm 150.
Not yet. Both parents made it to 83-4 and were heavy smokers. Brain aneurysm for dad and leukemia for mom. About 10 more years for me to reach that mark, and to date zero medications in my life. Maybe do 3 or 4 aspirin a year if a headache materializes. Will take on Wyoming's 7000+ ft country for elk next fall.

Wife has out lived both of here parents by about 10 years. They only did about mid-50's. Her dad was a smoking alcoholic and her mom was morbidly obese. Presently, she's coming up on 67 next month, and with the exception of some digestive issues is doing well.
I’m one year older than my grandfather.

After WW2, he drank, smoked pall mall non filters and hustled pool and cracked skulls in Ybor City, Tampa. Never hit a lick at a snake.
A man’s man. 😃

My dad is 70 this month. Still in great shape.

My dad made it to 97. Still sharp as a tack and only took two pills a day. One vitamin and one aspirin. One shot of Wild Turkey mid-afternoon followed by his one hour nap.

Super cool guy and if he wasn't my dad, he would still be my best friend.

He died in 2001 and I still miss him.
I'll be lucky to make 80.
Yes. My father was murdered in 1969 on Halloween night. He was 26. I will turn 51 this year.
my great grandmother lived till 114, rolled her own cigarettes.
My father died just short of 91 even though he smoked and drank to excess most of his life. My mother passed at 73 as a result of a brain tumour. I am now past 83, next birthday in June. My paternal grandmother was 87. Another relative on my fathers side (unknown to me) was 105. I have definitely slowed down since hitting my 80's but it seems I might have a while to go yet.
Jim
Just lost Dad 9 days ago.
I'll tie him on Sept. 8 2044.
If'n I make it! smile
My great grandfather lived to be 89. He fought the Turk/muslims in the 1870s & some other wars too I think. In between wars he was a farmer so he didn't exactly have an easy life but he lived a long time.

My dad & grand dad both lived to 87.

I'll never make it. I'm 61 now & I could drop dead any minute.

Mike
Lost my dad when he was 45 to heart attack he had health issues after being a prisoner of war serving in WW II, also lost both my older brothers while they were in their 50's due to cancer.

I am 65 and just started having some heart issues a few months back but with today's advances I am doing much better.
Have out lived everyone in my family except nieces and nephews.

Phil
I’m 69, today. I ran a couple miles this morn and do 4-5 times a week.
My dad died at 66 from cancers related to smoking. He had one cancerous lung removed in his early 50s.
His last few years were not very good.
My father lived to 92 and passed 6 months ago. At 63, I have a long ways to go. My mother at 88 is still going strong.
Not yet.
I have not, but if I do I'll count myself lucky. He's 81 and still going strong, even after a life of love for the whisky (He quit whisky and the pipe a few years ago) to make his new bride happy.

Oh, just for the record, she is 25 years his junior.

Hell! He may outlive me!
He aint dead, so I dont know how long I'd have to live. Dad's 93 and still going strong. He's got a brother that's 87 and he's doing well. I'm a measly 67.
Yes!
No sir, I am happy to say my father is still living. He'll be 73 this April, and doing well. At 47, I have no expectations of out-living him.
My Dad died at age 70 which was very young for the average in our family. I'm just a few years away from 70 so I'm hoping I missed that inheritance.
My dad is going to be 97 and outlived his sister brother and all his in laws, and one of my three brothers, beck he might outlive me.
Have you lived longer than your father?

Not yet
My dad died at 61 of a heart attack. I had 6 way bypass at 60 or else I might not have passed him. Now 63 & still going.
Not yet.

Dad lived to 75 yrs and 11 months. He started smoking and drinking at 11 or 12 years of age - never gave up either.

Another 6 yrs and 11 months and I'll pass him.
Be 66 in May. That will be almost 12 years longer than my Father
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Just lost Dad 9 days ago.
I'll tie him on Sept. 8 2044.
If'n I make it! smile

Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.
My father was an obese man that died in 1970 at age 33. He had several successive strokes, two heart attacks, commonly known today as metabolic syndrome. Once I made it to 40, I figured I was out of the woods. I am now 61 & feel confident. I weigh 240, he weighed 3X that.
Let you know after a while? I am trying, but that guy has an easy life now and he may beat me yet...
Dad's still got a few years on me. He retired at 62 and was dead in three months.
Yep, my Dad was killed in Vietnam when he was 25, and I was four months old at the time.

I'm twice his age now. All of his siblings have made it into their 70's.
I'm 50, my father will be 87 in March, he's still working two jobs.
His father died at 92, he probably would have lived a lot longer but his liver gave up from years of drinking. much of it in his later years, especially when his wife, my grandmother passed at 88.

That's the good news.

My mother died at 42. Her father at 56. Her mother at 82.

I suppose they will balance each other out and I've got another 20 years at most.
Yup. Dad died at 53
Yes. But things didnt look good for this outcome.

Dad died at 56, his brother at 53..other uncle at 53.

I had a heart attack at 31 and a Doctor who told me point blank " Don't put a lot of money in an IRA..."

Wellllllll...Im still here at 67 and my "numbers" are all good.

( Except for my IRA...I believed my Doctor...)
Dang lying doctors.
Originally Posted by paint
Yep, my Dad was killed in Vietnam when he was 25, and I was four months old at the time.

I hate that you did not get to know your Dad. Are you close with aunts/uncles?
Got a ways to go. Pop passed away in 2016 aged 82. I'm only 60.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yes. But things didnt look good for this outcome.

Dad died at 56, his brother at 53..other uncle at 53.

I had a heart attack at 31 and a Doctor who told me point blank " Don't put a lot of money in an IRA..."

Wellllllll...Im still here at 67 and my "numbers" are all good.

( Except for my IRA...I believed my Doctor...)

Really glad to e-know you, Ingwe
Dad died from cancer at 53. I’m 46 and hoping I make it a bit longer.

And holy smokes there’s some old dudes around here. Give it hell men
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by paint

I hate that you did not get to know your Dad. Are you close with aunts/uncles?

For years, we didn't talk much. Mom was traumatized badly, and moved away from them. But, about ten years ago we reconnected after a Vietnam Reunion group contacted me and invited me to take my Dads place at their table. Learning more about him brought the family closer together.

So, yes, thankfully the relationships have been somewhat reestablished. I'm very thankful for that Reunion Group. Top notch group of guys.
my dad passed at 94. but his last 10 years he dident know anything stayed in a nursing home during that time. I am 82 and with a farily good mind but have prostate cancer and COPD, my time may be limited.. HAHAHAHA.
My Dad lived to be 89, worked till he was 82. I'm 70 and I retired at 64 now enjoying retired life my health is good, I workout three days a week and walk a mile every day. Only issue for the last couple of years has been difficulty with balance/equilibrium issues.
Ask again in 20 years.
Dad died in 05 @ 85, if it hadn't been for Alzheimer's he might till be here. His physical health was very good & he knew how to take care of himself until his mind was taken.

Having seen his history, I hope to hell I don't live that long. Told wife that if I get that way to please take me to the vet & have me put down.
I just turned 65 yesterday. Dad made to 81. Most of his brothers made it to the mid-80's. No problems health wise for me. I've been on BP meds for awhile. Strokes are the killer in my gene pool.
I just turned 65 yesterday. Dad made to 81. Most of his brothers made it to the mid-80's. No problems health wise for me. I've been on BP meds for awhile. Strokes are the killer in my gene pool.
My dad is still alive at 90
I haven’t outlived mine but I can say I have made it to 50 without having a massive heart attach like he did when he was 43.
Dad lived 60years and 1 day. So I need about 11 more years to out live him. A good majority of men on both sides of my family died in there 50's but they were mostly smokers and heavy drinkers that lived a hard life. I have the hard life part down but dont drink much or smoke. I don't worry about it to much as I believe when its your time its your time.
I'm 55. My dad died at 69 with prostate cancer when I was 37. I thought he was too young then and I definitely think that now.
Yes, by 12 years so far, he was a Renegade, we buried him at 45 years old.
In 1985 our Dad died 12 days short of 43. Far too young. His Dad died at about the same age.

I am the oldest of five. My youngest sibling turns 50 this year.
Originally Posted by gunner500

I think I would have liked to have met the man who raised you!

George
No. I do NOT want to last until 92. Way too pumped on being with Jesus, free from sin, reuniting with friends who've gone before. Love my girls and wife, so that's always a plus.
Originally Posted by NH K9

I think I would have liked to have met the man who raised you!

George

Thanks my Dogman Friend George, bet yo Pappy was a hell of good Man too. smile
Not yet. He died in 1998 at 82. I got 8 years to go.
Dad's still kicking at 93 and reads the newspapers every day without glasses. There's no chance of me making it past him, if it's in the Lord's will I'm hoping to start collecting my early SS in a few months.
did your parents have any children that lived?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Bozo?

I think I remember the story. Was probably one hell of a good man
My dad died at 54 years old. I will be 53 in 2 months
Hell if I had know I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
I guess we shall see if i out live him
Not yet , dad younger than ang of my grand parents. Dad was 72 over 3years are at times of death
Originally Posted by ldholton

I think I remember the story. Was probably one hell of a good man

cool Yessir.
My father lived to be 72. He died of a heart attack but most of us (family) think that it was because they gave him BP medication for high blood pressure and it messed him up. He lived a heck of a life. He survived nearly every possible Alaskan tragedy. He was burned on over 80% of his body. He had his neck broken in two extremely major accidents and lost his leg to diabetes. He fell down a set of stairs and broke his back titanium out of his back. Everybody who knew him would tell you that he was tougher than a wolverine. Most believed that he would die because of pain.

My grandfather lived to be 71 and died due to exposure to roundup related to colon-rectal cancer. He was a World War II engineer who went through a lot. He fought through the battle of Attu, Manilla, Luzon and was support for battle of Guadalcanal and Pelileu.

My maternal grandfather lived to be 92. He was a farmer and walked a lot. My maternal grandmother lived to be 96. She was a school teacher like me. I don't know if my high blood will cause me complications and a shorter life.I am just 51 so we will have to see.
Not yet , dad younger than ang of my grand parents. Dad was 72 over 3years are at times of death

I'll add brain tumor got him . Damn hard to watch him go out of his mind .

I'll add brain tumor got him . Damn hard to watch him go out of his mind .

Dang, got to be double tough to see that, we remember how strong they were when we were pups, we thought they'd never die then.
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
No sir, I am happy to say my father is still living. He'll be 73 this April, and doing well. At 47, I have no expectations of out-living him.

didn't realize you were a whipper snapper.
my father in law died at 86, he had a 16 year old son with his 47 yr old girl friend.
Oh Yeah . . .

He was 54 . . .

I am 72!

Hope I keep going for a while too!
Nope, my father made it to 71. Ain't no way I'm making it that far. Phug it. It's a life well lived. My wife and kids will make out handsomely on my death. Cheers.
Nope. I have another 13 to go to match him. He died at 80 and his brothers in their 90s so who knows. Really don’t care one way or the other as long as it’s quick. Ed k
Originally Posted by greydog
Dad is 93 and twenty-three years older than I so I may or may not live as long as he. Not sure I want to. GD

just passed dad's 73,, I'll be 74 in 3 months have had 2 heart attacks, ongoing skin cancer. prostrate C.

mom went to 3 months shy of 100 so who knows.

norm
By a long shot. My dad grew up during the depression, fought the Japanese in WWI, and had heart problems, died way too young.
© 24hourcampfire