Home
Posted By: Snipebander North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
I have seen it posted that the North Fork bullet company is shutting down. From the post their products are on closeout pricing. Another one bites the dust. Good bullets.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Not enough market for "boutique" bullets, but yes, outstanding bullets...
Posted By: jorgeI Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Just checked, I didn't see anything on closeout
Posted By: hatari Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Jorge -there's your next career. Buy the assets, and make them in limited numbers, keep your overhead low. Write off ALL of your hunting trips!
Posted By: viking Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Kinda sad really.
Posted By: Pugs Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Originally Posted by hatari
Jorge -there's your next career. Buy the assets, and make them in limited numbers, keep your overhead low. Write off ALL of your hunting trips!

America! grin
Posted By: High_Noon Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
This is unfortunate. Although I never had the chance to try North Fork bullets, I read a lot of great things about them and I was looking forward to using them. If they really are closing down, I guess I won't get the chance. No point in trying them now if I won't be able to get more in the future.
Posted By: hanco Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
I’ve never tried them. A lot of people use them.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
I used North Fork bullets on two trips to Africa. They killed like the hammer of Thor. .375 300 grains killed everything from Impala to elephant. A solid penetrated both shoulders of a large Zambezi bull elephant. I recovered several softs from Impala and buffalo. They weighed 290 grains.

Also excellent customer service. This is bad news.
Originally Posted by Pugs

America! grin

Is he taking investors??
He posted on Accurate Reloading about having a 20% discount on remaining inventory.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
This is unfortunate. ....... No point in trying them now if I won't be able to get more in the future.

Bad attitude! Would you try this once even if you counldn't get more later???? Hmmm? smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greyghost Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
It's 30% off their remaining stock and was posted a week ago (22 Jul) by North Fork on AR's web site:

Link

Post say's if it not listed on the web site they don't have it.

That being said, looks as if Shilo Sharps is being sold again also, things are changing!

Phil
Posted By: Kellywk Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
This is unfortunate. ....... No point in trying them now if I won't be able to get more in the future.

Bad attitude! Would you try this once even if you counldn't get more later???? Hmmm? smile

[Linked Image]

That view point, like the not calling the next day never made much sense to me. Kind of like finding a nice convenient restaurant with good food and then never bothering to go again, always follow up enough to make sure you're welcome for at least a 2nd time.

[Linked Image]

Define once. Asking for a friend. Of course.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Dang....hate that. Best performing bullets I've ever shot on big, heavy, game. Just got my last box of 338, 225 grain bullets last month. Had no idea he was shutting it down. The current owner is the second owner of the company if I remember. Hell of a design....hope somebody picks it up.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/01/19
Very well said.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: North Fork shutting down - 08/02/19
I have never used their bullets but can't see them performing any better than the TXS's I do use, for less money.

[Linked Image]

I'd pork her.
North Fork is not shutting down. I bought company and start production again. So all of your that like this bullet and all of you that never tried but want to try. You will have the chance. In US and Canada market Reloading international will be my agent. Just keep a eye at Mikes webpage and you will soon see that you can start buy bullet again. It will take little time before im in full production but it will happen.
Posted By: 673 Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20

[Linked Image from 66.media.tumblr.com]

Too late, I already bedded that one, just now. grin
Posted By: prm Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20
I was just debating what to do with a box and a half of .338 200gn bullets. Guess I'll continue to work with them. Already shoot quite well, but could probably get them shooting really well with a little experimentation. It's for African plains game and elk.
That's excellent news!

Wishing you all the best!

Ed
Posted By: jpb Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20
Originally Posted by Jorgen_Bostrom
North Fork is not shutting down. I bought company and start production again. So all of your that like this bullet and all of you that never tried but want to try. You will have the chance. In US and Canada market Reloading international will be my agent. Just keep a eye at Mikes webpage and you will soon see that you can start buy bullet again. It will take little time before im in full production but it will happen.

Hej Jörgen

Bra att veta!

Jag hoppas att vi lättare kan få dessa kulor i Sverige än tidigare! laugh

John
Posted By: Partsman Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20

[Linked Image from 66.media.tumblr.com]

Would Like to try a penetration test with her. grin
Posted By: jorgeI Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20

Good luck, sir. They are SUPERB bullets
Posted By: High_Noon Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20
Great news!
Posted By: jdunham Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20
Nice. Was looking to try them when they started shutting down. Will be waiting to give them a try.
This is good news!
I'll just put the boxes of North Forks I was looking to sell back into the pile and buy more.
Posted By: norm99 Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/16/20

Will you post a web site and possible list of components that will be available..

thank you, and may you do well in this venture

Norm
I will continue with same as before, now when machine arrive i start with what we call big bore. Hunting season start in Africa and .375 and up i mostly used there. Then i start production of bullet .375 and down. I left around 300 boxes with bullet that will be available in reloading international in some days.
Then i try to change there webpage so its pointing to mine and that i hope i can do this week. But for US and Canada market check http://www.reloadinginternational.com/
Mike will update his page as fast as possible
Great!
Originally Posted by jpb

Hej Jörgen

Bra att veta!

Jag hoppas att vi lättare kan få dessa kulor i Sverige än tidigare! laugh

John

Hej John

Jag har haft agenturen de sista åren och har haft ganska mycket hemma fram tills i somras. Fick inte leverans i april som de lovade och därför tog många populära kalibrar slut i augusti-september. Nu ska vi se till att det alltid finns på hyllan inför jakten. Du har koll på vår sida i Sverige? FB är det JB Hunting men kommer nog ändra allt till North Fork nu när vi köpt varumärke och fabrik
Mvh
Jörgen
Posted By: jpb Re: North Fork shutting down - 01/17/20
Hej John

Jag har haft agenturen de sista åren och har haft ganska mycket hemma fram tills i somras. Fick inte leverans i april som de lovade och därför tog många populära kalibrar slut i augusti-september. Nu ska vi se till att det alltid finns på hyllan inför jakten. Du har koll på vår sida i Sverige? FB är det JB Hunting men kommer nog ändra allt till North Fork nu när vi köpt varumärke och fabrik
Mvh
Jörgen

Hej igen, Jörgen

Tack för informationen om websidan -- det är riktigt trevligt! LINK

Mina ansträngningar att hitta North Fork kulor i Sverige var för många år sedan, troligen innan du tog över deras distribution i Sverige.

Jag vet att jag egentligen inte behöver en North Fork 270gr kula i min .375 Holland & Holland för att döda älgar, men jag är lite av ett "gevärloonie" (as Mule Deer John Barsness would say, if he knew Swedish!) svengelska! grin

mvh,
John

© 24hourcampfire