Home
i'm talking about practicing by tellin' little white lies.

in preparation for some potential need to tell a whopper.

some people and occupations are quite adept at the art, right?

i'm one to believe there's no big lies and small lies. all the same, right?

so, if one practices tellin' small lies and get's good enough, big lies are easy, right?
Start small and get lead down the primrose path?
yes, exactly, at least in part.

that is, an army colleague of mine was fond of sayin' he'd tell the truth nine different ways before he'd tell a lie.

he was tight on trying to hold the line the best he could.

sometimes people try nine ways to sunday to deal w/a issue or concern.

start with a low club, and move on up to heavier weight?
Usually it's best to not say anything when you're not involved.

If it's lying by omitting pertinent information detrimental to my defense...guilty as charged.

Caution: Don't ask if you don't want an honest answer.

And yes, that outfit does make your butt look big. smile
I'm not smart enough to lie.
My x hit her millionth lie long ago.
Now if you want talk about women from our past------------------. "On Top of Old Smokey".

Had a guy say one to me "it isn't lying if the other person knows you aren't tellin' the truth" (yeah, right)
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm not smart enough to lie.

Nobody is, but still they do.
Ask a dumbercrat
there was a PR dude one time who espoused the belief that one shouldn't tell the particular audience one word more than they're willing to believe.
Gus: No!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
i just hate it when people choose to tell lies.

many people tell lies without choosing?

they just do it automatically?

what advantage to lie?

there's a reason?

A guy I used to work with ploy when he told someone a lie and got called on it was, he'd give them a big toothy grin followed with,"I didn't actually lie to you/them, .. I just tricked you/them".
I know people that will lie automatically. It's like they're wired for it. What blows me away is they'll lie when it doesn't even matter, for no good reason when the truth would be just fine.

Not worth spending any time at all around liars. They'll do nothing but bring you down.
You sound like a female. Women lie incessantly, it is part of their makeup. The female brain cannot differentiate between a lie and the truth.
To them, it is just word that they say, to get what they want. Hopefully, to manipulate a man to get what they want.

"The light that lies, in a woman's eyes. And lies, and lies, and lies..."
Liars get caught by the tale.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
You sound like a female. Women lie incessantly, it is part of their makeup. The female brain cannot differentiate between a lie and the truth.
To them, it is just word that they say, to get what they want. Hopefully, to manipulate a man to get what they want.

"The light that lies, in a woman's eyes. And lies, and lies, and lies..."

i can assure you i'm a male, got two functioning testicles to prove it.

if that's proof enough.

i'm talking about the truth vs. the untruth, that is a lie.

just how accurate does the truth have to be before it's considered a lie?

if one accepts an untruth, then why did they do that?
Politicians do it habitually especially the Clintons!
In grade school we must've been talking about the Ten Commandments in religion class. When talking about such things Dad would use a sort Socratic method, asking me questions to challenge my thinking. Came to the conclusion that lies no matter the effect or intent are still lies and are sinful. Kinda stuck.

And then there's, "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"
(Walter Scott)
if the truth is a fire burning brightly,

then an untruth is too much fuel, or oxygen?

or maybe not enough heat? heat is essential?
More like a dead cinder, meaning you'll screw yourself more often than not. See the Walter Scott quote.

If you mix a little truth with it .....most people will believe the whole ChaCha.
i like your perspective.

ultimately there's a payoff in tellin' der truth.

a lot of folks want to sell the story a bit short for profit.
I have been searching for a link to this study high and low for several years but can't find it. Anywho...

There was a TV program about a study done at some college several years ago, perhaps as far back as the 70's, where they took a group of people and interviewed them. Before being interviewed they were told to lie about specific questions, supposedly unbeknownst to the interviewer. Most people are averse to lying, they give away little signs - tells as a poker player would call them -but some people can lie without batting an eye or showing any signs of remorse or guilt. Their reactions when telling the lies were recorded as part of an overall profile.

After the interview, they were divided into groups and each group was given various tasks and projects to perform, with some of the group receiving higher rewards than the others for individual performance and with the leaders receiving higher individual rewards for the performance of the group as a whole.

Invariably, the people who were the best liars became the leaders of the groups. They could lie to others to get them to sacrifice their individual rewards in favor of group rewards, IOW they had no compunctions whatsoever about lying to other people in the group in order to achieve higher personal awards.

The exact details of the study are getting fuzzy in my memory but that part has stuck with me all of these years. The best liars invariably became the leaders. It has caused me to never trust any "C" level corporate manager nor any politician ever, the higher the management level the more I distrust them. In fact, while politicians have varied capabilities, while some are dumb and some are pretty smart, they all have one well developed ability in common - the ability to tell lies without flinching or without one bit of remorse.

Wife/khans banking app probably sounds like a foghorn going off automatically every time I buy something.

Ain't got a chance to lie no more.

Fugg it ....
It's easier to beg for forgivness.
Than ask for permission anyways.......
she asks you : does this jean make me look fat ?

what is your answer ?
Son took that tangent during his last years of high school. Regardless of how trivial the question was his answer would always be what he thought we wanted to hear. Any home work assignments? Nope. Pets been fed? Yep. Any issues at school? Nope, but he was served with 80 some tardy notices in 6 months. How's work? Fine, but he really had no job. To this day at age 30 and half way across the country, if I can't verify his responses, I'm in serious doubt of their validity. It's strained our relationship to a fair degree, but wife seems to have gotten past it.
I've never been interested in going into politics.
Democrats have it down pat...
Originally Posted by Gus

so, if one practices tellin' small lies and get's good enough, big lies are easy, right?

Does "No honey, that striped dress doesn't make your as@ look big" count or would that be a pass?

My apologies to persiandog, I see you already asked this question. Birds of a feather I guess.
I was advised by a lawyer that had no interest in my case, to tell the truth at a disposition, but tell it in such a way as to reinforce my side of the case.
I love a good poker game, so yes, I lie my azz off.
I'm perfect. Never had the need to even think about lying.

cool

Maybe Obama will write a book on how he perfected his lying skills. Or maybe talk to an insurance salesman.
Originally Posted by Gus
if the truth is a fire burning brightly,

then an untruth is too much fuel, or oxygen?

or maybe not enough heat? heat is essential?

I'll go.with oxygen.
If there are folks that have the audacity to ask me a question that is truly none of their friggin business.....I have the audacity to tell them a whopper!!
there's lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics.
Most of the people I deal with lie. My best friend doesn't lie ever. Most of the people that work for me lie about things that don't even matter. I tell the truth at work and it is so rare for someone to be truthful when they admit they did something wrong, neglected something or forgot. I have never been chewed out when I told the truth yet. I tell them I am saving the lies for when it means staying out of prison or my life is on the line. More people need to practice telling the truth. Most think they have lying down pat.
Congressional democrats refer to lying as "tactics".
Originally Posted by Gus

Easy , democrats...
© 24hourcampfire