Home
Makes me feel good to see this.

South Dakota state legislators petition red flag laws

26 state legislators have signed a petition opposing red flag laws in South Dakota.
The Florida Red Flag Law has been used on more than 1,000 people since it was passed last year. (MGN)

That petition has been sent to President Trump, Senators John Thune and Mike Rounds, as well as Representative Dusty Johnson.

Red flag laws have already been enacted by 17 states, soon they could be implemented across the nation.

The idea of red flag laws has some South Dakota state legislators concerned.

"These laws grossly violate a lot of law abiding citizen's due process and other constitutional rights," South Dakota Sen., Stace Nelson, said.
KSFY
Yep , it’s a shame most of our politicians are jumping on a. band wagon to further their agenda . Glad some have the balls to stand up .
Wonder what got censored in the original title? Wrote "flag law" or something close
I LOVE SD.... Our dickhead Dem gov. is trying to get 'em here, but the state Senate's still GOP and they're not buyin' it.. Already sent my Assemblyman a note yesterday telling him to ensure these NEVER get into law here.. Hope to hear back today.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Yep , it’s a shame most of our politicians are jumping on a. band wagon to further their agenda . Glad some have the balls to stand up .

The puppets in both parties have been told by their puppet masters to support all measures leading to gun confiscation.
Another Hitler tactic....
Originally Posted by Redneck
I LOVE SD.... Our dickhead Dem gov. is trying to get 'em here, but the state Senate's still GOP and they're not buyin' it.. Already sent my Assemblyman a note yesterday telling him to ensure these NEVER get into law here.. Hope to hear back today.

When are you moving?
They see it coming

[Linked Image]
The Idaho senate has voted for a state constitutional amendment that will legalize red flag. Most of the senators who voted for it are R's. It's now in the house where it's less likely to pass, at least not with the 2/3 majority needed for an amendment. If it passes both houses by 2/3, it goes on the ballot at the next general election where a simple majority is needed to pass.
I live in a red flag state.

It has the effect of forcing gun owners "underground". It's nothing if not intimidation. Liberals like our governor Kate Brown are extremely punitive and petty.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Idaho senate has voted for a state constitutional amendment that will legalize red flag. Most of the senators who voted for it are R's. It's now in the house where it's less likely to pass, at least not with the 2/3 majority needed for an amendment. If it passes both houses by 2/3, it goes on the ballot at the next general election where a simple majority is needed to pass.

Idaho sure is changing. Both state representatives from my district are women, and both are Democrat. sick sick sick

I still wrote both of them to vote NO on any red flag law and NO on amending the Idaho Constitution to allow one.

Wonder if that will put me on some red flag watch list...
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Idaho sure is changing. Both state representatives from my district are women, and both are Democrat. sick sick sick

I still wrote both of them to vote NO on any red flag law and NO on amending the Idaho Constitution to allow one.

That is a concern.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
[quote=Rock Chuck]T

I would be surprised if it didn't.
Is hit one complaint and done,
Or also cumulative?

You write a letter, 1 point.
You buy a gun, 1 point.
Hunting license, 1 point.
Join the wrong club. 3 points
At a gun show , talk to some milita dude. 2 points.

At 10 points, you get that no knock warrant at 3AM.
Swat guys, real assault weapons, juiced up, safeties off, fingers on,
welcome to jail, or the morgue.
© 24hourcampfire