Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Makes me feel good to see this.

South Dakota state legislators petition red flag laws

26 state legislators have signed a petition opposing red flag laws in South Dakota.
The Florida Red Flag Law has been used on more than 1,000 people since it was passed last year. (MGN)

That petition has been sent to President Trump, Senators John Thune and Mike Rounds, as well as Representative Dusty Johnson.

Red flag laws have already been enacted by 17 states, soon they could be implemented across the nation.

The idea of red flag laws has some South Dakota state legislators concerned.

"These laws grossly violate a lot of law abiding citizen's due process and other constitutional rights," South Dakota Sen., Stace Nelson, said.
KSFY

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yep , it’s a shame most of our politicians are jumping on a. band wagon to further their agenda . Glad some have the balls to stand up .

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wonder what got censored in the original title? Wrote "flag law" or something close

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I LOVE SD.... Our dickhead Dem gov. is trying to get 'em here, but the state Senate's still GOP and they're not buyin' it.. Already sent my Assemblyman a note yesterday telling him to ensure these NEVER get into law here.. Hope to hear back today.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Yep , it’s a shame most of our politicians are jumping on a. band wagon to further their agenda . Glad some have the balls to stand up .

The puppets in both parties have been told by their puppet masters to support all measures leading to gun confiscation.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Another Hitler tactic....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
I LOVE SD.... Our dickhead Dem gov. is trying to get 'em here, but the state Senate's still GOP and they're not buyin' it.. Already sent my Assemblyman a note yesterday telling him to ensure these NEVER get into law here.. Hope to hear back today.

When are you moving?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They see it coming

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Idaho senate has voted for a state constitutional amendment that will legalize red flag. Most of the senators who voted for it are R's. It's now in the house where it's less likely to pass, at least not with the 2/3 majority needed for an amendment. If it passes both houses by 2/3, it goes on the ballot at the next general election where a simple majority is needed to pass.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I live in a red flag state.

It has the effect of forcing gun owners "underground". It's nothing if not intimidation. Liberals like our governor Kate Brown are extremely punitive and petty.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Idaho senate has voted for a state constitutional amendment that will legalize red flag. Most of the senators who voted for it are R's. It's now in the house where it's less likely to pass, at least not with the 2/3 majority needed for an amendment. If it passes both houses by 2/3, it goes on the ballot at the next general election where a simple majority is needed to pass.

Idaho sure is changing. Both state representatives from my district are women, and both are Democrat. sick sick sick

I still wrote both of them to vote NO on any red flag law and NO on amending the Idaho Constitution to allow one.

Wonder if that will put me on some red flag watch list...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Idaho sure is changing. Both state representatives from my district are women, and both are Democrat. sick sick sick

I still wrote both of them to vote NO on any red flag law and NO on amending the Idaho Constitution to allow one.

That is a concern.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
[quote=Rock Chuck]T

I would be surprised if it didn't.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is hit one complaint and done,
Or also cumulative?

You write a letter, 1 point.
You buy a gun, 1 point.
Hunting license, 1 point.
Join the wrong club. 3 points
At a gun show , talk to some milita dude. 2 points.

At 10 points, you get that no knock warrant at 3AM.
Swat guys, real assault weapons, juiced up, safeties off, fingers on,
welcome to jail, or the morgue.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,834 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.