Home
Posted By: StoneCutter Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Except, this time it's in his private jet. Jr. has been in a lot of crashes in his career, but this one takes the cake. One big difference is that in a race car, you're wearing a helmet, HANS device, and you're wrapped in a steel cage inside of a composite racing seat with a 5 point harness. In addition to that, it involved his wife, 15 month old daughter, 2 pilots and their dog. Had to be pretty traumatic for everyone involved. He won't be working this weekend.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/nascar...dcasting-gig-after-tennessee-plane-crash

Retired NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. is taking the weekend off from his NBC Sports broadcasting gig after he, his wife and young daughter were hospitalized following their plane's crash landing in Tennessee on Thursday.

Earnhardt Jr., his wife Amy, 15-month-old daughter Isla, a dog and two pilots were aboard the plane as it arrived at Elizabethton Municipal Airport in Carter County. Suddenly the aircraft slid off the end of the runway and caught fire, according to the Carter County Sheriff's Office.

[Linked Image]
Nascar race teams should avoid flying in private jets like the plague
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Nascar race teams should avoid flying in private jets like the plague

The NASCAR teams and drivers own so many aircraft that it's been called the NASCAR Air Force. They've lost a lot of good people in plane and helicopter crashes over the years.
Dang. Glad they are okay. Juniors father was an a-hole.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Better than a homo.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19

I live a couple miles from AVP and about an hour and a half after the Pocono race there is a steady stream of race team aircraft (mostly corporate jets) heading south to Charlotte.
One of the greatest moments in NASCAR history was when Jeremy Mayfield delivered the Intimidator/crybaby his comeuppance at Pocono.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/st...s-dale-earnhardt-s-cage-at-pocono-060216

Dale was good at dishing it out, but a crypussy when it was dished to him.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
people still watch that NASCAR dog and pony show?
Posted By: BamBam Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

It sure the hell ain’t what it used to be.

Every weekend. It's good stuff if you're in to car racing and automotive engineering. It beats the hell out of watching the NFL, NBA, and MLB. At least in NASCAR, these people stand for the National Anthem.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
I've been on both ends of the chrome horn, and believe me, no matter how much you've used it, it's hard to keep your cool when your on the receiving end! mad
I was never a fan of Dale Sr, but I've heard many of his competitors say that he'd race you as hard for a Popsicle as he would for a million bucks. You may not like his manners, but you had to respect and admire his talent.
I do like Dale Jr and I'm glad that they're ok.
7mm
Posted By: tzone Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
LMAO at the title.
Originally Posted by BamBam

It sure the hell ain’t what it used to be.

Damn right it ain't. Believe it or not, technology has changed a lot and has gotten a lot better over the years. 40 years ago, we had two rotary telephones in our house. Now, my cell phone has enough juice to fly Apollo 11 to the Moon 100 times. Things change.
Posted By: tzone Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19

I have had 0 interest in years. I can't remember making it through a race without taking a nap. I used to be a fan but have lost interest since I don't usually have a spare 4 hours to sit and watch TV for that long.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19

Maybe, but pops knew how to go fast.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
[Linked Image]

This is a good one!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
No interest since it was the Winston Cup. Good that he and his family are fine.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Every weekend. It's good stuff if you're in to car racing and automotive engineering. It beats the hell out of watching the NFL, NBA, and MLB. At least in NASCAR, these people stand for the National Anthem.

Why do you have to watch anything. Get a life and go out and do something yourself.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19

F-1 or the local boys at a 1/2 mile oval, nothing in between.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Why do you have to watch anything. Get a life and go out and do something yourself.

You don’t have a TV, right?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yep, got cable but I'm not a couch potato.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yep, got cable but I'm not a couch potato.

Yeah, I'm not a couch potato either and I do have a life. I work 6 days a week and work out in my yard and around the house, and shoot sporting clays, trap and skeet on Sundays. I record the races and watch them at my leisure. When it's 90* outside, it's nice to come into the air conditioning, sit down, drink a beer or six, and watch the race. Different strokes for different folks.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Looks like he got a little loose coming out of turn 3.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
If anyone is interested Jr has a podcast called Dale Jr Download that is really good. He has guests on from all walks of life and its pretty entertaining. Hope his family recovers quickly.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Sr's was the next plane in line to land at Bristol behind Alan Kulwicki in April 93.
If my last name was Earnhardt I don't believe that I'd be flying to Bristol anymore.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Dang. Glad they are okay. Juniors father was a competitor.

....and didn't take losing well no matter how it happened.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Earnhardt crashes again - 08/16/19
Originally Posted by Morewood
Looks like he got a little loose coming out of turn 3.

Nope, crashed at the end of the straight.............................................. laugh
© 24hourcampfire