Home
Posted By: RichardAustin How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Pretty simple question, and I'd imagine most of us have thought about it. So far I've come up with quick, painless, and broke the day after my passing. I'd prefer to avoid the gloom of prolonged sickness. I think passing in your sleep seems the most appealing.

What have you thought - too dark? too scary? Just don't want to think about it - all the alternatives suck?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep, just like Grampa did. Not like his screaming passengers, as he drove over the cliff....
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
In my sleep, and wake up in the arms of My Lord.
Posted By: whelennut Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Pretty simple question, and I'd imagine most of us have thought about it. So far I've come up with quick, painless, and broke the day after my passing. I'd prefer to avoid the gloom of prolonged sickness. I think passing in your sleep seems the most appealing.

What have you thought - too dark? too scary? Just don't want to think about it - all the alternatives suck?

Shot by a jealous husband.
I'd like to be rejoined with my dogs and horses. Hopefully heaven has great trout streams and fields of pheasants.
Originally Posted by whelennut

Shot by a jealous husband.

What about incidentals, like mistaken identity?
It won't be on a motorcycle. ...quit riding them in 1991. Had I continued I would be long gone.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I want to be the first person in recorded history to be killed by a meteor. That would be cool.
Posted By: ironbender Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep, just like Grampa did. Not like his screaming passengers, as he drove over the cliff....

LMAO! That was my post too.
Instantly.
Put through a wood chipper while still fully conscious.

How cool would that be?
Posted By: RiverRider Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
How about getting creamed by a falling satellite, ala "Rick" in Northern Exposure?

laugh
Posted By: SandBilly Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Suffocation.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
On the down stroke.
Posted By: Gus Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
let me think about this.

some trajectory needs to be in the picture.

there i am, all nice & comfy in the oak casket.

here i am, looking at the scene from afar, way afar.

so, how do i get from here to there? is there a path?

should i be buried with a golden cross? a knife? a gun?

and perhaps far more importantly for the funeral attendees

did the funerary people do a really good job with presentation?
I detest ' viewing' dead bodies laying in a fancy box. I avoid it all when I can.
Posted By: ldholton Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Suffocation.

Under lots and lots of vagina and titty and I don't mean in weight I mean in multiples
Posted By: Mathsr Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I don't really care. It will happen in the way and time of the Lords choosing. Going to leave it up to him. It would be nice to go in a way that left any parts that someone else might need in good enough shape that they can be utilized.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Under lots and lots of vagina and titty and I don't mean in weight I mean in multiples

Sorta like the Blue Pill warning, "Ask your doctor if it's safe for you to have sex?" If he says no that's an option.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I'd like to skip the dying part and exit by rapture.

Barring that, I don't think there is a good way to die. I would prefer to just go to sleep peacefully and somehow never wake up. Definitely want to avoid dying in a fire or being eaten alive by wild animals or stung to death by bees, jellyfish, etc.

Tom
Posted By: Bristoe Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Sorta like the Blue Pill warning, "Ask your doctor if it's safe for you to have sex?" If he says no that's an option.

My doc would probably tell me, "I don't know,...but it's probably worth dying over if somebody as ugly as you can still get laid".
Posted By: Gus Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I don't really care. It will happen in the way and time of the Lords choosing. Going to leave it up to him. It would be nice to go in a way that left any parts that someone else might need in good enough shape that they can be utilized.

now there's a form of secular humanism one might can live with, or whatever.

that is, allow the remaining humans to have an opportunity to profit from my demise.

may some good be allocated to those left alive on the earth. with doctors it's possible to assist.

as we move further into the post-modern era, probably no harvestable part should be discarded or denied.
Posted By: persiandog Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
90% of guys want to die like "butch cassidy and the sundance kid final scene" and 10% are chickens ,
Posted By: Couesdeer Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Always figured an unexpected, high speed impact into a mountain or just flat terrain would have been a painless way. Guess thats not gonna happen now.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
RichardAustin: Don't WANT to!
But I am figgerin I'll be disappointed in that regard.
My affairs are in order and my conscience is clear.
I am ready Lord - just don't take me til after Hunting season (I already bought my tags!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Bristoe Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I went through that "waiting to die" stuff 20 years ago.

It missed me,......so ever since it became evident that it wasn't going to happen, I stopped thinking about it and never took it up again.

I don't expect to outlive my dog or my wife,...and that's fine.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
There's a conference underway with select world leaders, both past and present It includes many that have infuriated members of the 'Fire. You know who I speak of. My entrance is of similar form used by Slim Pickens in the video posted earlier.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Who said I wanted to?
Posted By: slumlord Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Hopefully sucked into a super massive black hole. So this whole shîthole can all ride together with me.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Tyrion had the right idea

Posted By: papat Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Just so my dog outlives me. She is 3.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Plowin' a skank.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I don't care as long as I don't get eaten by something and i go before my wife does.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hopefully sucked into a super massive black hole. So this whole shîthole can all ride together with me.

Posted By: TBREW401 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
How I die probably will not be up to me--but--
I do not know if dogs go to heaven, but, when I die, I want to go where the dogs are!!
Posted By: ldholton Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by nighthawk

If it's hard for 4 hours I am not going to be the one needing medical attention
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
In my sleep will be fine. In about 2049.
Posted By: MTGunner Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Want to go out like VP Nelson Rockefeller. MTG
Posted By: tikkanut Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19

LMAO...........
Posted By: lvmiker Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Before my cremation. Actually I think a fall from a great height wouldn't be bad if you had a great view and landed on a politician.

mike r
With my boots on.

I want to die in the conscious knowledge of the Grace of Christ, uncompromised, uncorrupted, faithful and altogether defiant of this godless wicked world.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Selling out dearly if it comes to that.

Or a cold november or december morning when I'm about 85 or 90
They can find my frost covered gun , my frozen corpse and a decent frozen dead buck in the immediate area.
Hopefully the yotes dont knaw on me and buck too badly by the time the search party arrives.
I wont be but a couple hundred yards away from my vehicle.
Already know a couple of excellent places on FT Campbell with easy access for a old guffer to get into.
Proven ground I have killed some good bucks outta that people think is a nothing area that they drive by doing 55.
Couple day period for the hunt and the time
Something will come by worthy to drop.
Maybe that last adrenaline rush will trip the trigger on the ticker.

Go out a legend....
Given the choice, I'd like to die up on the mountain above our camp in Pennsylvania. Dad's favorite place in the whole world, and there's nothing I'd want more that to go back there to be with him. I've taken my son up to Dad's spot several times now. We had a talk and I told him I wanted some of my ashes spread on the hill up there. We'll hunt again soon, Dad.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Quickly , I hope.

I've seen way too many people linger in pain.

Mike
Posted By: stxhunter Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
anyway, but not in my sleep.
Posted By: saddlering Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
Anyway but NOT in a Dam Nursing Home! Hoping on a last Hunt, or draging a Deer out!
Posted By: smithrjd Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/19/19
I hope to blow a fuse and keel over.. Dad went in a Nursing home, a long slow process. Not for me, but then again perhaps not my choice either.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I'm hoping I'll have some advance notice of impending doom and I'll go hand to hand with any bear I can convince he can whup me and my bowie knife. Hopefully they'll find both of us dead in a pile.
Posted By: LouisB Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Fishing or hunting one minute and just keel over dead.
Sorry for those who will have their fishing/hunting inconvenienced by my passing!
Posted By: P_Weed Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Kicking and screaming!

It beats begging for mercy.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Drown.
In the street, in a pile of hot brass, with primary and secondary smoking and empty, knife in one hand, hawk in the other, and covered in the blood of my opponents piled around me. With an extra hole in my head.

Failing that, I’ll happily go like my great grandpa, sitting in my chair at 90 plus, looking at the mail, and lights out.

I get terminally ill, I hope I am strong enough when I find out to beat Fireball2 to that bear. Or some commies. Got nothing against the bear, but he is likely to put up a better fight. Decisions, decisions...
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Old.
Posted By: viking Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Death from a young nyph.
Posted By: nealglen37 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I remember the lines in a movie (Will penny). Will Penny is talking to a guy that was shot, he was in a wagon outside. Will goes back inside the building to see his friend Blue. Blue said "Will,... this ain't know way for him to go...........Will takes a drink and says "Hell Blue .....ain't no good way to go".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA1CdNzjMM0
Screwed to death at the playboy mansion by playmates I guess wouldn't be all bad, especially if prolonged... seriously though when I go I hope it is for something valiant that brings better life for my fellow man, or that there is no need for such a thing and I am surrounded by loved ones.I am 100% content with either one.
Posted By: hanco Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Out on the dance floor, saw an older guy( like me) fall out at Johnny B Dalton’s in Conroe about 20 years ago. I’d like to go out like that.
Posted By: DBT Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Recently a neighbor down the road wasn't seen for a few days so police got inside where they found him lying peacefully in bed with an open book on his chest, dead. Died without suffering or even stirring enough to make the book fall to the floor.
Posted By: lightman Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
It don't matter. I would prefer it to not be by fire. The way the dude in vanishing point did would be ok.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I'd like it to be a surprise.
Flaming Arrow
Posted By: peak98 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Offshore fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, dive in for a swim and a shark eats me..... it’d be quick, no paying for funeral expenses, and I’d make the news.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Wide awake and at peace with the world. It will obviously be the last thing I do, so I sure don't want to sleep through it. I have thought about this before and thought it would be nice to be quietly sitting on my porch one afternoon overlooking my fields and reflecting that I have had a good life and that my children and grandchildren have a good start in life. I think I would like to do this alone. Considering my current situation, it does not look like these circumstances are likely to happen. Maybe I can at least be at peace with the world.
Posted By: Fugawe Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
My Stepdad always said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his 100th birthday.

Me....anything quick. My worst nightmare is to waste away slowly.

I don't ever want to be a burden on anyone.

My Mom had dementia, bad. One day she got up, went over and kissed my Stepdad, told him she loved him then went into the bathroom.

She never came out. Heart attack. I'm convinced that she felt it coming and went in the bathroom so he wouldn't have to see it happen.

I like to believe that her last act was one of kindness.
Posted By: trplem Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Pay attention to Tyrion's lines from GoT. You'll hear it soon enough.
When I was 17,I was hunting in Vermont with a friend and I climbed up to the top of this mountain with my Marlin 336 in 30 30 my grandfather bought for me when I turned 15.on top of the mountain was a lone pine tree and under it was the complete,skeleton of a house cat.someone's pet had known it was time,climbed all the way up there and just curled up,overlooking the whole Valley, and gone to sleep. That's always stuck with me,and I would like to go like that,climb up to my favorite spot in New Hampshire over looking the Connecticut river with that same 30 30 and just look at the beautiful view and just drift off.that would be nice.
Originally Posted by saddlering
Anyway but NOT in a Dam Nursing Home! Hoping on a last Hunt, or draging a Deer out!

Spent enough time volunteering in some, but I won’t die in one. I won’t.

Already told my son and my woman that if I ever get so far gone that my only choice is to go into one of them, I’ll just take a drive north and go get lost in the woods. The bears can have me.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
In the street, in a pile of hot brass, with primary and secondary smoking and empty, knife in one hand, hawk in the other, and covered in the blood of my opponents piled around me. With an extra hole in my head.

Failing that, I’ll happily go like my great grandpa, sitting in my chair at 90 plus, looking at the mail, and lights out.

I get terminally ill, I hope I am strong enough when I find out to beat Fireball2 to that bear. Or some commies. Got nothing against the bear, but he is likely to put up a better fight. Decisions, decisions...

Brother.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Quickly , I hope.

I've seen way too many people linger in pain.

Mike

Hopefully without ever experiencing dementia. That would require some proactive activity.

Jim
Posted By: Seafire Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
it ain't possible, but if I had a choice to be granted, I want to go like Yoda went in Star Wars....

just lay back and just fade away.....

that looked the coolest to me.. and most painless...

and no funeral... no matter what I don't want to be buried in the ground...
Posted By: vapodog Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
How Do You Want To Die?

I want to be shot while crawling out some woman's bedroom window at the age of 95!
Posted By: Barryt Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Assume it'll be a grizzly, getting even for all his relatives! Figure it'll be fair and quick, ......plus, the government will spend a fortune looking for me!
Posted By: Armednfree Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I don't know. I do know I would wish it quick because being dead isn't a real problem for me, half dead would suck.
Posted By: Redneck Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
If I have a choice? Protecting the Constitution.... If not - heart attack.. .
Posted By: JSTUART Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19

Simple enough.

Of a heart attack at the age of ninety-two after learning that I have filled in the entire Australian ladies volleyball team.

Pretty sure that has covered all the angles.
Screw that schit, I'm living forever.
I want to come and go at the same time.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
You want to die in a convenience store?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
A two story fall from the bedroom window of the cutest fox in town. Make my reputation and ruin hers.
Posted By: ingwe Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Opposite for me...I just wanna wake up dead one day..
Posted By: 19352012 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I always thought that death caused by something stupid you did would suck. Like walking into a grain bin or getting caught under a tractor. Or getting pulled into a piece of equipment when you stuck your hand in. Getting old to the point where everyone is relieved you're dead might be the best for all concerned. It'll give your principal a long time to earn money if nothing else.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by ingwe

Been a few mornings i woke up and wished i was dead!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I do not know how or when I will meet my demise. BUT, my obit pic has already been distributed to the proper parties for deployment.

[Linked Image]

( Another disturbing use of altoids)
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

That might be the best episode in the series.
Originally Posted by Redneck
If I have a choice? Protecting the Constitution.... If not - heart attack.. .

When I wrote this:

In the street, in a pile of hot brass, with primary and secondary smoking and empty, knife in one hand, hawk in the other, and covered in the blood of my opponents piled around me. With an extra hole in my head.-

That is what I had in mind. Always envisioned the "opponents" as commies of one stripe or another. Don't have enough enemies for the scenario, otherwise...
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19

Oh!
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Ditto, don't want to see it coming.

Knew a wonderful old gent several years ago, one of the warmest and most personable folks I ever met. His end came while riding shotgun in a Toyota Hi-Lux when the driver ran a stop sign and drove right out in front of a beet truck going 60 mph on US 95. Folks that know what a fully loaded sugar beet truck looks like will know that it was instantaneous. He had started to have some health problems and I like to believe the good Lord called him home with no pain or advance worry as a final reward for a life well lived.
Posted By: Tracks Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I'd like to get deathly sick, linger on for a few weeks and then get well.
Originally Posted by Tracks
I'd like to get deathly sick, linger on for a few weeks and then get well.

My mother in law had a mild heart attack and we all came and told her that she scared us and we loved her and whatnot. The next morning she had the big one and died eating breakfast.
Posted By: shaman Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Ask me after they've handed me my first great-grandchild. I'll let you know.
I'm going to drag myself off someplace secret in a blizzard with a bottle of something. I don't expect to die in my sleep, and I'm not going to lay around and wait, either.
Kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, just like I came into this world.
Posted By: Gus Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
we believe we manage everything on this urth until it comes to our death.

at that point, mostly we allow nature to take it's course. which it does.

wonder if ever we'll get to the point of managing death?

i kinda doubt. there's too much ego involved?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by ingwe

Been a few mornings i woke up and wished i was dead!

if i die in my sleep, i won't be able to ask for forgiveness for some things.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
I suppose I'd like to go peacefully and quietly in my sleep some night when I'm well into my 90's. That's the way my father went except he was only 57 and suffered from worsening emphysema for about 5 years. Of course, whenever I hope for something the fickle finger of fate seems to point in a different direction.
Posted By: budman5 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19
Huntsman has to right....
Posted By: McInnis Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/20/19

"if i die in my sleep, i won't be able to ask for forgiveness for some things."

Sure you will, if you ask every night before you go to sleep.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I think that is the most bestest answer.
Posted By: persiandog Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/21/19
For those of you who say they don't want to lay in a nursing home and slowly waste away, what are you going to do if you suffer a stroke and can't even off yourself with your pistol or the Epstein procedure?
That's my biggest fear - wanting to go but not being able to do it on my terms.
Posted By: old70 Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/21/19
Suddenly, and after my kids are able to support themselves, my wife is taken care of and I no longer need to do so. Not before then. The means isn’t relevant, but given my family history, I’d prefer the heart failure over the dementia or Parkinson’s.

Old70
Unknowingly and peacefully.....preferably at the same time as my wife in 5 or 6 more decades. I’m 48 and she’s 46 so I hope we have many MANY more years together watching our children grow and getting old together. We’ll travel and enjoy life with each other and celebrate having raised respectful, productive, conservative, God-fearing children to adulthood. We’ll get wrinkled and grey while we watch the ending credits of our Love story together before being borne into eternal life......together.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: How Do You Want To Die? - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I detest ' viewing' dead bodies laying in a fancy box. I avoid it all when I can.

^^^^

Looks like nothing more than a manikin to me.
© 24hourcampfire