Home
Posted By: shrapnel Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19

Jim knows what this is, city folk don't get it. There is nothing like shooting gophers for a couple hours, then taking the New Holland out to collect hay and stack it. Yee Haw, retirement is great...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19
We are fighting hay right now. Rain, then rain, light rain, just enough to keep it from baling.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Jim knows what this is,

Yeah,....Jim Conrad is thinking,..."That's a Boomer!",...then he spits.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19
Farmersonly.com
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19
City folk just don’t get it..
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Jim knows what this is,

Yeah,....Jim Conrad is thinking,..."That's a Boomer!",...then he spits.

Ya don’t spit into the wind.
Ya don’t pull the mask off the ol’ Lone Ranger...
Posted By: gunzo Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I don''t live on the high line or even under the big sky. And... the commercial is corny.

But even I understand;

City folks just don't get it.
You're driving backwards wink
Be careful out there.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19

My wife asked me last year, "Do they put the bales out in the field to dry?"
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

laugh
Posted By: gunzo Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/22/19
One of the wealthiest farmers I know, told me last week that he was one of the last ones in the county to get a roll baler. 1986 I think it was. I was appalled & ask why. He said Ritchie(his youngest son) was still living at home. We square bailed everything he said, & the horse people bought the hell out of it. I made money & Ritchie earned his keep.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Where are you shrap?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Round balers are a fad.

Small squares or bust....
Posted By: VernAK Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
In these parts, they sometimes have to bale the snow with the hay....just feed before spring.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Where are you shrap?

I can't say because guys like Brad, Furball2 and Alamosa don't consider this elk hunting and that is what I do and I get a real good chance at shooting elk in the fall. Here is some fence I had to fix earlier in the gopher season...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Where are you shrap?

I can't say because guys like Brad, Furball2 and Alamosa don't consider this elk hunting and that is what I do and I get a real good chance at shooting elk in the fall. Here is some fence I had to fix earlier in the gopher season...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Generally speaking?
Posted By: las Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
So did that fence work to keep the gophers in? Or out? smile
Originally Posted by las
So did that fence work to keep the gophers in? Or out? smile

I want to see the before(we have) and after pics.........
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
I see fence much like that many places, even this place.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Where are you shrap?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Generally speaking?

Big Timber?
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
shrapnel;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was as much fun as it looks like it was and all else is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing the photos with us, I very much appreciate it and still like to see how folks farm throughout the countryside.

If you are so inclined and by chance you pay attention to such trivia, do you know what model the tractor you're driving was?

It looks to me to be a Ford Bi-Directional, but as I've been out of tractors for decades now that's a guess for sure.

Way back in the day I spent considerable time in a Versatile 160 Bi-Directional is why I ask.

Thanks in advance and good luck in your hunts this fall.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by BC30cal
shrapnel;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was as much fun as it looks like it was and all else is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing the photos with us, I very much appreciate it and still like to see how folks farm throughout the countryside.

If you are so inclined and by chance you pay attention to such trivia, do you know what model the tractor you're driving was?

It looks to me to be a Ford Bi-Directional, but as I've been out of tractors for decades now that's a guess for sure.

Way back in the day I spent considerable time in a Versatile 160 Bi-Directional is why I ask.

Thanks in advance and good luck in your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

It is big and blue...
shrapnel;
Thanks much for the reply sir, it's only me trying to figure out who makes what in the tractor world anymore and nothing more.

Way back when we were still farming there was Case, IH, New Holland and Ford - of course others too - but I believe Fiat has purchased Case, IH, New Holland and Ford now.

Someone bought Versatile too I believe, but whether the new Buhler Versatile is tied to Fiat in any way I'm not sure.

Doesn't really matter either shrapnel, again just trying to keep up with things to talk to my brother about more than anything I suppose.

Thanks again and all the best to you on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
That's one ugly ass fence.

Fences look like this:

http://www.penrodfence.com/

Fences look like this:

You spent too much time in the city, no ranch has a fence like those you posted...
All I will say is, had I a collection like his, I’d not be free with my location or even county/region on the internet. Just saying...
Posted By: okie Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Not when the gophers and elk get done with 'em….. eek

Fences look like this:

You spent too much time in the city, no ranch has a fence like those you posted...

They do here.

I've got a fence better than the one you posted that I'm preparing to tear down and replace.
When we hit the lotto I'm buying Kentucky fence and a new Versatile.

350-400hp puller would be more than enough.

Bristoe, imagine the cost of 10 or +100 miles of that fence.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Bristoe, imagine the cost of 10 or +100 miles of that fence.

I can't go for a drive without seeing that much.

https://www.[bleep].com/detail/news-photo/aerial-view-across-the-paddocks-of-calumet-farm-lexington-news-photo/104402450
Real nice Sauer, but you can keep your fences. grin

Fences look like this:

They do here.

I've got a fence better than the one you posted that I'm preparing to tear down and replace.

You seem to be a pro with tractors too, why don’t you post a picture of one of yours and we can compare tractors and fences...
I'm talkin' 10 or +100 miles per 'ranch'.

Fences look like this:

They do here.

You seem to be a pro with tractors too, why don’t you post a picture of one of yours and we can compare tractors and fences...

Why don't we post a pic of what's been inherited as opposed to what we got on our own, instead?
I started life with all my earthly possessions in a melon crate on the backseat of a '63 Plymouth Valiant. I bought the Valiant at a junkyard with a blown motor in it,...drove it for several years.

Fences look like this:

They do here.

There's real pretty fences in Kentucky.... And big spreads with dozens of acres.....
Fence is scary Sam, I don't need to tell you.
There's real pretty fences in Kentucky.... And big spreads with dozens of acres.....

Ain’t that the truth. This place is probably half the size of the state of Kentucky...
,....born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a home run.
Work on the ranch for permission to hunt is not a new thing at all. I have a couple of Montana ranchers that have me welding gates and rewired pump shacks. I usually bring a pretty good load of Washington fresh fruit with me.

What's even more strange, is there are a lot of guys I know that pay good money just to go back to work on some of those ranches. That really makes me scratch my head. Where were these idiots when I was a kid rebuilding fences?
,....born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a home run.

O.K. Babe, show us your tractors..
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

....and your reply was?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LouisB Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
It seems there are the horsey farm kinda fences and the miles of cattle ranch kinda fences.
They are different . . .
We have a bunch of corral 'fence' that needs to be replaced.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

I have no idea why, but I'm laughing my ass off at this ^^^^
Originally Posted by kroo88

....and your reply was?

I was being very careful... We were just starting out on two weeks on the road together... Then, said something to the effect of, yah, why else ya figure thay unstack them like that? A year later she's catching on whenever I mention drying something outside.... She's really cute....
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Who snubs Dwayne?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

Fences look like this:

lol true
Posted By: slumlord Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Who snubs Dwayne?

There's a first for everthing.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who snubs Dwayne?

There's a first for everthing.

I guess so. Never thought I’d see it.
FWIW, I have 110' feet of fence that belongs to me.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Fences look like this:

lol true

That's what an inherited fence looks like.

It looked better when the originator put it up.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Anything to put meat on the table.

g
Originally Posted by kroo88

....and your reply was?

I was being very careful... We were just starting out on two weeks on the road together... Then, said something to the effect of, yah, why else ya figure thay unstack them like that? A year later she's catching on whenever I mention drying something outside.... She's really cute....

Well played.
Fences...gophers.....hay.....tractors.

This is a fine thread!
All of this reminds me; did ya’ll hear about Bristoe talking with a Montana rancher out in front of his ranchette?

Anyway………Brsitoe was leaning on his mail box out along the road like he does every evening in his favorite wife beater shirt, and a Montana rancher who was in Kentucky looking at horses sees him and stops while driving by. They start up a conversation and the rancher asks Brisote if he owns the place. Bristoe proudly tells him that he owns all 6 acres that are fenced. (And he further clarifies his comment by saying he’s about to replace all of the fence as soon as he cashes in a few $20 Lotto tickets)

In return Bristoe asks the rancher about his ranch in Montana and how big it is. The rancher, not wanting to embarrass Bristoe by comparing acres, simply says that his ranch is big enough that he can leave the ranch house on one end of the ranch in his pickup truck when the sun comes up and he can’t get to the other end of the ranch before sundown.

Bristoe puff his chest out and quickly states, “Imagine that. I have a pick-up truck just like that one”.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Fences...gophers.....hay.....tractors.

This is a fine thread!

That eagle tugging in the Egret’s head is purty darned good too...
Originally Posted by BayouRover
All of this reminds me; did ya’ll hear about Bristoe talking with a Montana rancher out in front of his ranchette?

Anyway………Brsitoe was leaning on his mail box out along the road like he does every evening in his favorite wife beater shirt, and a Montana rancher who was in Kentucky looking at horses sees him and stops while driving by. They start up a conversation and the rancher asks Brisote if he owns the place. Bristoe proudly tells him that he owns all 6 acres that are fenced. (And he further clarifies his comment by saying he’s about to replace all of it as soon as he cashes in a few $20 Lotto tickets)

In return Bristoe asks the rancher about his ranch in Montana and how big it is. The rancher, not wanting to embarrass Bristoe by comparing acres, simply says that his ranch is big enough that he can leave the ranch house on one end of the ranch in his pickup truck when the sun comes up and he can’t get to the other end of the ranch before sundown.

Bristoe puff his chest out and quickly states, “Imagine that. I have a pick-up truck just like that one”.

Ain't nobody gonna read alla that bullshit except those who are disappointed that they did.

You're a dummace.
Originally Posted by gunzo

I don''t live on the high line or even under the big sky. And... the commercial is corny.

But even I understand;

City folks just don't get it.

If it was called honkysonly.com that would be racist. They had to pick something...

It looked better when the originator put it up.

Originators around here make electricity, ranchers build fences...
FWIW, it's my birthday and just enjoyed shot #3(4?) of tequila. Perhaps a six pack involved as well.

And I'm not talking about my abs.

A summation of every post that BayouRover has ever made:

BlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoe.

BlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoe.

Blahblah.

Thanks for that one Slumlord. Be Well. Rusty
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Anyway………Brsitoe was leaning on his mail box out along the road like he does every evening in his favorite wife beater shirt, and a Montana rancher who was in Kentucky looking at horses sees him and stops while driving by. They start up a conversation and the rancher asks Brisote if he owns the place. Bristoe proudly tells him that he owns all 6 acres that are fenced. (And he further clarifies his comment by saying he’s about to replace all of it as soon as he cashes in a few $20 Lotto tickets)

Ain't nobody gonna read alla that bullshit except those who are disappointed that they did.

You're a dummace.

A summation of every post that BayouRover has ever made:

BlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoe

BlahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoeblahblahblahblahblahblahblahBristoe.

laugh laugh I guess you can relate, huh? Sorry if I hit an exposed nerve.
FWIW, it's my birthday and just enjoyed shot #3(4?) of tequila. Perhaps a six pack involved as well.

Happy birthday, did you get a couple vinyl fence posts for a gift?
Happy birthday Sam!

Happy birthday, did you get a couple vinyl fence posts for a gift?

Ouch.

Happy birfday Sam.

Heathens in the north probably leave their horseys outside too!
[Linked Image]

Who snubs Dwayne?

SandBilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that the summer's been a good one in your part of the world and that this finds you well.

Honestly I've got to sharpen up my feelers somewhat as I felt I'd got an answer from shrapnel in that it was a large New Holland bi-directional.

In the last few years I've ended up working in jobs where I've dealt with folks who owned boats, RV's and then classic and exotic automobiles. I felt it was educational and sometimes more than a tad counter intuitive that some owners of wake board boats - going for up to $200,000CDN knew very little about them and weren't enthusiasts by any stretch.

As well, some - though fewer - car owners were just that - they'd bought "that car" because they had the cash and could, but enthusiasts they really were not by most anyone's definition.

Funny enough, the owner of a $750,000 Cigarette boat fit into that category - my goodness the damage on that boat because he didn't get some pretty basic rules of boat physics... but I digress.

My crew at work all say I'm the most mellow manager they've ever seen - one asked me if I never get angry or upset and I replied that indeed I used to but can't recall doing so for about a quarter century more or less. Having horses first - an Appy at that - and then helping to raise two daughters to adulthood will either teach a fellow to be mellow or well not I suppose? wink

Anyway sir, it's all fine up here on this side of the medicine line and as usual I took quite a while to say that - for which in true Canuck style I'll now apologize for. grin

Good luck on your hunts this fall whatever you're chasing.

Dwayne
Cheers gentlemen.
Posted By: GregW Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

Fences look like this:

You're a smart guy but you're way outta your league with this topic...

You really don't have a clue. Honestly....

You know what 100 sections of land with multiple pastures of fence looks like, for example, and what that linearly amounts too and you want a fence to keep your damn Chihuahua in? Google "section"....

Come hang out this way for a bit ...you'll get your mind right.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Two buddies and I made quite a good amount of spending money as teens shootin ground squirrels and gophers for ranchers and farmers out in the Eastern part of the county.

We'd places bet to see how many we could drop coming out of the same burrow.

Good times.

This was my weapon of choice back then

[Linked Image]
Posted By: add Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Sonuvabitch!
Cheers gentlemen.

Back atcha’

Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Happy Birthday, Sammo!
Posted By: wageslave Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

Sam,
Here's to hoping you are in the middle of a big ol' birthday screw in'.
Cheers.

Slave

P.S. or at least a whole lotta Rosie.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

Funny enough, the owner of a $750,000 Cigarette boat fit into that category - my goodness the damage on that boat because he didn't get some pretty basic rules of boat physics... but I digress.

Dwayne

Hey! You scratched my anchor!
Originally Posted by wageslave

Or it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Dwayne

Hey! You scratched my anchor!

Morewood;
Good evening to you sir, I hope all is well with you tonight.

I'll be uncharacteristically brief as 5:00AM comes early, but it was more like - "Hey, when I go too near the shore the pump impellers on both motors will suck sand up into them"

Anyway, people with money can be just as funny as people without money it seems. Had a go round with the local street person at work today who crashed outside our shop.

His crash was less expensive than two water pumps on the Cigarette - GM racing engines in that one I want to say? But it was a spectacular crash nonetheless!

All the best to you this fall in your hunts.

Dwayne
Dwayne,

Do not mistake my slight teasing for disrespect to you and yours.

I've read thousands of internet forum posters over the years and you, Dwayne, are one of the most polite and well spoken internet friends that I've ever 'met'.

*knucklepunch*

Best to you and yours
Having horses first - an Appy at that -

Made me laugh! Thanks, Dwayne.

Sleep fast!
[
Originally Posted by wageslave

Sam,
Here's to hoping you are in the middle of a big ol' birthday screw in'.
Cheers.

Slave

+1.

HBD, Sammy!
Happy bday Sammo ! I knew something good would turn up from reading all this bs.

Speaking of fences, I made the drive from spfd mo to Sedalia to see an old pal.

Along around hermitage and farther north were mile after mile of pipe fence 😳. Dayum that’s some money tied up !

Lucas farms, ok now I get it. If you can afford a football stadium you can prolly put in better fence than most of the farmers I grew up around. 4 or 5 strand barb wire was the standard.

Looks like good living Shrap, whacking gophers and riding the tractor. I could hang
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
I grew up on a farm with cattle. I do not ever remember a summer we did not have to repair fences. Sometimes in the winter we had to make repairs too.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Happy bday Sammo ! I knew something good would turn up from reading all this bs.

Speaking of fences, I made the drive from spfd mo to Sedalia to see an old pal.

Along around hermitage and farther north were mile after mile of pipe fence 😳. Dayum that’s some money tied up !

Lucas farms, ok now I get it. If you can afford a football stadium you can prolly put in better fence than most of the farmers I grew up around. 4 or 5 strand barb wire was the standard.

Looks like good living Shrap, whacking gophers and riding the tractor. I could hang

Sounds like it was new pipe and not old drill stem?
Looked new to me Mike, but I never ever worked with that kind of fencing sans a few corrals.

I was cruising by, rental car may have had some Lucas products in it, who knows.

But they must be selling some chit and raking in some dough.

Someone told me they were raising rodeo bulls and horses.

If so that type fencing makes a lot more financial sense

I’ve seen some angry bulls go right through 5 strand hog tight fences, and some fences that were only whippoorwill tight too 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wish I’d stopped to take pics but it was raining like hades and I was trying to make time.

But just incredible to me how much of that fencing they’d used.

Would surprise me none to hear they had a million tied up in that fencing 🤷🏻‍♂️
Posted By: jimy Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Oklahoma would be snow white all year around if all of west Texas took down all of the barbed wire fences that collects the tens of thousands of wal mart bags that Texans set free to be blown across the country side, those sh~ty bags are the only thing I ever saw that was free it Texas !

grin
My head is a little fuzzy this morning.......
Posted By: viking Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
I have been working about 20-30 west of Sidney the last few days. Very nice country in a desolate sort of way.
Can't find my damn pants, WTF?!
Sam O, you are up before breakfast. It's not even daylight in Iowa, what you doing up so early? laugh

Happy birfday fellow farmer.
Not daylight here either, yet here I am...

Another vote for DeWayne possibly being the nicest poster on the internet and surely the nicest one here.

When I look at the title of this thread I think of the Bonanza episode titled "Hoss and the Leprechauns".
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

Outta practice? shocked grin HB late.
First light here, gotta run into school early, ain’t gonna see a whole lot of daylight at my house again until early June of next year.

‘Cept for most weekends, some National holidays, two weeks at Christmas and a week in March of course.....
Originally Posted by viking
I have been working about 20-30 west of Sidney the last few days. Very nice country in a desolate sort of way.

I love the raw beauty in that countryside. One of my favorite places to visit.
Posted By: viking Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
I have been mowing oilfield sites.
Posted By: comerade Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Apple juicers , especially the old rat tailed breed were generally a tough horse with good, tough laminated feet.
My good friend, (a native) would always say that" if we weren't mad when we started off to war we were mad as heck when we got there" He was speaking about the troubles riding their appaloosa war horses. He was speaking in jest.
There are very , very excellent "apple juicers" these days- some very flashy.
This I get....city people I don't.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19

one of my neighbors..........

then I have a couple that walk on two feet.......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Hauled a lot of hay when I was in high school, hot, dirty, dusty, don’t miss that. We got ten cents a bale to get it out of the field and stack in the barn. That’s split 3 ways. That’s how I got money to go to the cat house in LaGrange.

Hauled a little after high school when I was a first year apprentice. That was 1972. That was my first experience with fire ants. They showed up here in 72, wasn’t none in the summer of 71.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/23/19
Looks like fun Shrap.. Been fixing fence with the neighbor here too. Been a real pain as it burned over it two years ago so the wire breaks very easily, but in true eastern MT fashion we got it “good enough to turn cows” and went on. Packing brace posts, spud bar, auger, etc along the ridge was sure fun though...grin.

I will say, I’ve seen a bit of that Lexington country horse fence and it looks mighty fine and hell for stout, however I don’t think it’d make a whole lot of sense to put that on 20 sections of BLM. Different country calls for different fence I reckon.

Ben
Having seen the gun and the fence, I'm sure Shrap has his priorities right. Great looking gun.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sam O, you are up before breakfast. It's not even daylight in Iowa, what you doing up so early? laugh

Richard, flooding alfalfa, moving siphons early or late is a pain in the ass......

Should be done with the 2019 irrigation season tomorrow around noon.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Thanks man, it was fun, just the wife and I getting stupid together.

Originally Posted by 338Rem

I have been trying to cut back but wife went and bought a jug for my b-day....

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/24/19
I'm glad it's you moving those pipes around Sam. I see center pivot irrigation in Minnesota, and Nebraska., and few just south of us on sandy soil. Those call for deep wells or a shallow aquifer like they have at Ogallala, Nebraska.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Richard, flooding alfalfa, moving siphons early or late is a pain in the ass......

Should be done with the 2019 irrigation season tomorrow around noon.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Thanks man, it was fun, just the wife and I getting stupid together.

Originally Posted by 338Rem

I have been trying to cut back but wife went and bought a jug for my b-day....

So, there was a double shift, at pipe layin.

Wear anybody out.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/24/19
Richard, the Missouri is still running high here.

It was easy priming the pumps.

Fubar, laughing!
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Jim Conrad And City Folk - 08/25/19
I started life with all my earthly possessions in a melon crate on the backseat of a '63 Plymouth Valiant. I bought the Valiant at a junkyard with a blown motor in it,...drove it for several years.

We really going to get into "who pees the biggest stream" contest here?

We really going to get into "who pees the biggest stream" contest here?

There's a flowing river from this place already.

Any more they'll be issuing flood warnings. grin
Contracted five strand red wire, steel post and steel pipe corner sets runs $2000, + per quarter mile in my area of SW Missouri. If their wasn't such things as lonely neighbors bulls, falling trees, hunting trespassers climbing them, they would last a lot longer. Anyone ever hear of a son in law that would help build fence? Mine only know how to eat and nap after they overeat. grin GW
© 24hourcampfire