Home
Posted By: slumlord Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Out running around this morn, doing Recon on dove fields.

Stopped to take a few pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Haven't seen that in years, spent a few summers of my youth doing that work.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Disgusting crop grown by azzholes
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Got some Cope in right now.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Wonder where to $200billion dollars big tobacco paid to state governments went ?
Plus paying millions per year every year since the 1998 settlement ?

Oh this is about dove fields - they look good I rekon
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Wonder where to $200billion dollars big tobacco paid to state governments went ?

They subsidize the cockroaches(Tobacco Farmers) here
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Looks kinda green to be housed in barns on tier poles? Or flue cured? Lotso leaf going up and down the roads around here right now. But much more "ripe" yellowish leaves.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by ol_mike

They subsidize the cockroaches(Tobacco Farmers) here

Well if they don't get it here in the USA they'll get it from mexico/china ... ...
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Moved from Adair county to northern KY. Last year I saw almost no tobacco patches in Adair, Metcalfe, Casey and Russell counties. In Owen county alone I’ve seen hundreds acres of Burley along with hundreds of acres of Hemp. It seems that the farmers up here are finding the labor at decent wages to continue growing.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19

Go back to bed and get up on the other side if it.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Looks kinda green to be housed in barns on tier poles? Or flue cured? Lotso leaf going up and down the roads around here right now. But much more "ripe" yellowish leaves.

[bleep] load of rain perhaps?
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Go [bleep] yourself Azzhole. You have not lost friends to it like i have.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Maybe your friends were stupid azzholes for using it. I would bet that most of us have lost someone to it. Pick your poison because nobody gets out alive
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Maybe your friends were stupid azzholes for using it. I would bet that most of us have lost someone to it. Pick your poison because nobody gets out alive

They were stupid for smoking it but tobacco companies added nicotine to the tobacco. Is tobacco not addictive enough.? Farmers grow stuff that people can eat, azzhole tobacco farmers grow crap that kills and the taxpayer subsidizes them on top of it.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Well anyways we seen about 150 -175 birds in and around the actual dove feild adjacent to the tobacco feilds.
40 acres sown wheat.

Open tommorow and monday at noon then saturday the 7th

Gonna hit it on the 7th also.

PS

What about brewers and distillers.
Do they produce a harmful product and or receive subsidies directly or indirectly from the crops used to produce their products

Hmmmmmmm........

Playing devils advocate......... whistle
I would venture to say alcohol cause,s far more deaths than tobacco in way many more ways than tobacco.
Think about that.....

For every point, their usually is a counterpoint that probably is similar or greater to point originally made.

JMO....
Posted By: slumlord Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
we got hemp fields too, maybe I get some pics of those fields

Cause...ya know, people with cancer- hemp and cbd is a miracle drug. It's ok to breathe in the smoke, ash, tar, resin, soot and insecticides from it. People who raise that are saints.
Tobacco already comes with nicotine. God put it in the DNA of that plant.

Can tell you have never been anywhere near a tobacco crop. Workers can get nicotine poisoning from wearing short sleeve shirts in the field.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Well anyways we seen about 150 -175 birds in and around the actual dove feild adjacent to the tobacco feilds.
40 acres sown wheat.

Open tommorow and monday at noon then saturday the 7th

Gonna hit it on the 7th also.

Make sure you log in lock down those ftcampbell fields too. I set my alarm this afternoon to log in and and key up the area assignment.

Anyone we can cockblock as no-shows for that field tomorrow is more birds for us when we get back to that millet field.

Be two less shooters in those fields for that hat trick.

So many fields, lol

We need to clone ourselves.

Renegade picked up 4 packs of Pall Malls at the fuel center for tomorrow.

Goddammitt, don't die on me you sonovabitch

Laughing
All I know is tommorow is gonna be a excellent dove hunt.
And I will have 2 packs of pall mall lights king size with me.
Some cheese crackers
2 cans of beefaroni
Plastic spoon
1 gallon of water
Some paper towels
200 12 ga rounds.
Shotgun
My gerber tool
Spray Rem oil
2 cans of bug dope
And my nice fold up hunting chair.
And the smart phone

And a 70+ yr old tree already scouted out for premium shade.

Originally Posted by slumlord

Can tell you have never been anywhere near a tobacco crop. Workers can get nicotine poisoning from wearing short sleeve shirts in the field.

They add nicotine to it and I am not going to google it for you. I have tobacco growing 200 yards from my house, I work 200 yards from RJR reynolds. That and soybeans is all they apparently know how to grow around here.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Some cheese crackers
2 cans of beefaroni
Plastic spoon
1 gallon of water
Some paper towels
200 12 ga rounds.
Shotgun
My gerber tool
2 cans of bug dope
And the smart phone

Don’t ferget the TP.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
American Spirit is a tasty smoke if you partake.

They add nicotine to it and I am not going to google it for you. I have tobacco growing 200 yards from my house, I work 200 yards from RJR reynolds. That and soybeans is all they apparently know how to grow around here.

It's all good bruh, I don't need you to google anything for me.

I don't care about people that have smoked themselves retarded or anyone that has crashed their grand torino into an oak tree for their own lack of inhibitions. I don't ever recall cigarette smoking being compulsory.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: hanco Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Cigarettes help keep the population down.
I'm sort of a libertarian on that type of thing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TheKid Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
What’s the limit on doves in your neck of the woods Slumlord?
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Some cheese crackers
2 cans of beefaroni
Plastic spoon
1 gallon of water
Some paper towels
200 12 ga rounds.
Shotgun
My gerber tool
2 cans of bug dope
And the smart phone

Don’t ferget the TP.

Also do not forget your “butt out” tool!

Heres a piece of advice,Phuggtard. . G F Y with Paddler watching .

Another internet clown that just stirs stuff up and has nothing to contribute . Hint : you would not say that to my face.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Screw doves....and 105F temperature!!
Posted By: TheKid Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
It’s currently 74 here with more of the same tomorrow. Not good as it’ll have the doves heading out soon but I’m liking it after a month of triple digits. I love to shoot doves though so I go whether it’s 100 degrees or not.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Some cheese crackers
2 cans of beefaroni
Plastic spoon
1 gallon of water
Some paper towels
200 12 ga rounds.
Shotgun
My gerber tool
2 cans of bug dope
And the smart phone

Don’t ferget the TP.

Multi purpose with da paper towels!
Originally Posted by TheKid
It’s currently 74 here with more of the same tomorrow. Not good as it’ll have the doves heading out soon but I’m liking it after a month of triple digits. I love to shoot doves though so I go whether it’s 100 degrees or not.

88-90 tommorow with 5-7 mph wind.
Heavy duty shade on a mature tree line on the Crest of a big old rolling hill on a good terrian mask dip where ya can see birds approach from a long way off.
Good visibility for hundreds of yards.

Wont be bad at all.

I always see dudes on a bucket by a crop row or out in the open in the sun.
Roasting...
Gotta make for a long day
And dudes like that are sticking out like a sore thumb flaring away birds they dont even see sometimes, but yet everyone around them see what is happening and how they are fugging the pooch for everyone.

Boggles my mind not to seek shade.

Call me crazy I geuss but I spent plenty of time in the sun on this planet.
Between 24 yrs in the infantry and 3 yrs working offshore oil rigs on the GOM and Black Sea.
I like shade......

Another internet clown that just stirs stuff up and has nothing to contribute . Hint : you would not say that to my face.

Look who is talking
Posted By: Potsy Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
Geez SlumLord, I broke into a sweat looking at the pictures. I grew up in North Robertson Co. TN. Every family had a patch. Good or bad, tobacco and cattle paid for the family farm and put me and my kid sister through school.

I hate the stuff now, but I reckon according to oldelkhunter's logic, all the beef and corn we raised contributed to multiple DUI fatalities and countless strokes and heart attacks.

Don't matter much, one thing I learned from my Dad was to not pay too much attention to folks from "town". They generally talk out of their ass.

Edited to add: Pard is working on us a silage field for this week. Hope it pans out!!! I'm a bit fired up for seedsucker season!!!

Posted By: LJBass Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
[quote=SandBilly][quote=renegade50]All I know is tommorow is gonna be a excellent dove hunt.
200 12 ga rounds.
Shotgun

Originally Posted by TheKid
What’s the limit on doves in your neck of the woods Slumlord?

Well, He's got 8 boxes of shells, so 16 doves, if I'm running the gun. I have a friend that was on the Jr. Olympic trap team for a season. It's frustrating for me to shoot near him... I might go in the morning if I'm not building fence. Been a few years.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19

Yep. Any time the plant is wet while topping, cutting, hoousing. Heavy dew, foggy, after a rain. Have friends who work tobacco from March to November/December every year. Always take a second change of clothes with them when the tobacco is wet. Change into dry clothes at lunch time to reduce the exposure. If it is bad, they will hop in the river or a pond with a bar of soap. Hauled a couple guys with "green tobacco poisoning" when I ran EMS. First they were afraid they were going to die... Then they were afraid they wouldn't...

Yep. Any time the plant is wet while topping, cutting, hoousing. Heavy dew, foggy, after a rain. Have friends who work tobacco from March to November/December every year. Always take a second change of clothes with them when the tobacco is wet. Change into dry clothes at lunch time to reduce the exposure. If it is bad, they will hop in the river or a pond with a bar of soap. Hauled a couple guys with "green tobacco poisoning" when I ran EMS. First they were afraid they were going to die... Then they were afraid they wouldn't...

Not talking about raw tobacco which is bad enough. The cigarette companies added nicotine and a whole lot of other things to tobacco and have been called on it. There is plenty more to google on this if you are so inclined.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/253328.php
https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/us-tobacco-companies-tell-the-truth-about-addictive-products.html

1200 people per day die and yet we have to pay tobacco farmers not to grow this product. The Money that came out of those big lawsuits sure enriched some phugging lawyers . How much money does it cost to treat lung cancer or any cancer caused by this ? We then wonder why our premiums and medical costs are out of control.

Not talking about raw tobacco which is bad enough. The cigarette companies added nicotine and a whole lot of other things to tobacco and have been called on it. There is plenty more to google on this if you are so inclined.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/253328.php
https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/us-tobacco-companies-tell-the-truth-about-addictive-products.html

1200 people per day die and yet we have to pay tobacco farmers not to grow this product. The Money that came out of those big lawsuits sure enriched some phugging lawyers . How much money does it cost to treat lung cancer or any cancer caused by this ? We then wonder why our premiums and medical costs are out of control.

Great contribution!
Posted By: Morewood Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
No tobacco is grown here, so I have zero experience hunting over it.

Looks like it'd be hard to find downed birds.

I'll be hunting over a safflower field as they come in to roost in an almond orchard tomorrow afternoon. Got my swivel seat 5 gallon bucket, a couple boxes of shells, a six pack, and a couple hand rolled cigarettes.

Good luck!
Posted By: joken2 Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19

After growing tobacco for 32 years this was the last year for a cousin, her husband and family. Said they were still making good money and enjoyed growing it but with them getting older. all the work involved and not being able to hire enough good dependable help they decided it was time. They're trying their hand at growing hemp now.

Back in the day tobacco paid or helped pay for a whole lot of family farm kids school clothes, books, their first vehicles (often new), and for some, college expenses.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19

Going to blame the gun if one is used in a mass shooting?
NO ONE tied your friends up and forced them to use it. And once they discovered the dangers they could of stopped like most intelligent people do.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Going to blame the gun if one is used in a mass shooting?
NO ONE tied your friends up and forced them to use it. And once they discovered the dangers they could of stopped like most intelligent people do.

True that no one tied them up, they all had one thing in common(very stressful jobs) . They still had cigarette ads when they started smoking and unlike today there were more smokers, there was no knowledge at the time of the dangers of smoking. The tobacco companies added nicotine and other ingredients to hook people even more.

That we continue to subsidize the production of this crap on the taxpayer dime is pathetic. No worries, the cigarette companies are making more selling vapes and supplies then they could have ever dreamed up selling cigarettes.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19

I've always found myself agreeing with most everything you have posted, and have no desire to start an argument with anyone here, but you just may have posted the dumbest thing I've seen on here.

Read my lips................THEY DO NOT ADD NICOTINE TO TOBACCO

My in-laws grow about a 100 acres of tobacco, a lot of that on contract to US Tobacco company. They have to follow certain rules and guidelines which REDUCE the amount of carcinogens and nicotine in the tobacco. Again, the companies do not add nicotine.

I grew tobacco for almost 30 years. Don't remember anybody giving me anything, other than what I got for my hard work.

I smoked myself......and it was MY choice.....no one forced me to. If someone gets cancer because they used tobacco, it's their fault. Sad, and I feel for anyone that's has it, or lost loved ones to it, but it was a choice they made......period.

That's dark fired tobacco, most likely, and it will be cured with smoke.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I've always found myself agreeing with most everything you have posted, and have no desire to start an argument with anyone here, but you just may have posted the dumbest thing I've seen on here.

Cigarette companies not farmers added nicotine

My in-laws grow about a 100 acres of tobacco, a lot of that on contract to US Tobacco company. They have to follow certain rules and guidelines which REDUCE the amount of carcinogens and nicotine in the tobacco. Again, the companies do not add nicotine. Bullchitt they did

I grew tobacco for almost 30 years. Don't remember anybody giving me anything, other than what I got for my hard work.

I smoked myself......and it was MY choice.....no one forced me to. If someone gets cancer because they used tobacco, it's their fault. Sad, and I feel for anyone that's has it, or lost loved ones to it, but it was a choice they made......period.

My in-laws grow about a 100 acres of tobacco, a lot of that on contract to US Tobacco company. They have to follow certain rules and guidelines which REDUCE the amount of carcinogens and nicotine in the tobacco. Again, the companies do not add nicotine. Bullchitt they did

Your belief ranks right up there with that of those people who think that the reason there are no Bobwhite quail anymore, is because the turkeys are eating the quail eggs.

US Tobacco Companies Tell the Truth About Addictive Products Nov 21, 2017

Major US tobacco companies will publish and broadcast messages beginning November 24 that clearly state they designed their products to be more addictive, even while knowing their health effects were deadly. The court-ordered messages will appear in big city newspapers, on national network television stations, websites, cigarette package inserts, and places where cigarettes are sold. These “corrective statement” advertisements are a result from a federal case that found cigarette makers guilty in 2006 of violating racketeering laws.

Full-page newspaper ads will appear in papers in more than 50 major cities through April 2018. The television ads will begin on November 27 and run on major network or cable stations during primetime for 52 weeks.

The decision holding the tobacco defendants liable was based on evidence that the tobacco industry knew smoking and nicotine were addictive, manipulated tobacco products to make them more addictive, and claimed “light” and “low” tar products were healthier than regular products even though they knew that was false. Judge Gladys Kessler, who presided over United States v. Philip Morris USA, Inc. et al., found that, “…over the course of more than 50 years, defendants lied, misrepresented, and deceived the American public, including smokers and the young people they avidly sought as ‘replacement smokers,’ about the devastating health effects of smoking and environmental tobacco smoke.”...

Your belief ranks right up there with that of those people who think that the reason there are no Bobwhite quail anymore, is because the turkeys are eating the quail eggs.

Not my belief, common knowledge. Look it up yourself.
Originally Posted by joken2

US Tobacco Companies Tell the Truth About Addictive Products Nov 21, 2017

Major US tobacco companies will publish and broadcast messages beginning November 24 that clearly state they designed their products to be more addictive, even while knowing their health effects were deadly. The court-ordered messages will appear in big city newspapers, on national network television stations, websites, cigarette package inserts, and places where cigarettes are sold. These “corrective statement” advertisements are a result from a federal case that found cigarette makers guilty in 2006 of violating racketeering laws.

Full-page newspaper ads will appear in papers in more than 50 major cities through April 2018. The television ads will begin on November 27 and run on major network or cable stations during primetime for 52 weeks.

The decision holding the tobacco defendants liable was based on evidence that the tobacco industry knew smoking and nicotine were addictive, manipulated tobacco products to make them more addictive, and claimed “light” and “low” tar products were healthier than regular products even though they knew that was false. Judge Gladys Kessler, who presided over United States v. Philip Morris USA, Inc. et al., found that, “…over the course of more than 50 years, defendants lied, misrepresented, and deceived the American public, including smokers and the young people they avidly sought as ‘replacement smokers,’ about the devastating health effects of smoking and environmental tobacco smoke.”...

I have no doubt whatsoever that tobacco knew their products were unhealthy, to say the least. I also know that in the years I spent growing tobacco, I know what I sprayed it with, know how it was handled, and I still used it myself. But, you can't just single out tobacco......the consumption of alcohol is worse than tobacco as far as I'm concerned, as is overeating and getting fat.

It's all a choice, an unwise choice people make. It's like the guns don't kill people, people kill people.......tobacco did not force a person to sue it.

Dark secrets of tobacco company exposed
Originally Posted by Morewood

I'll be hunting over a safflower field as they come in to roost in an almond orchard tomorrow afternoon. Got my swivel seat 5 gallon bucket, a couple boxes of shells, a six pack, and a couple hand rolled cigarettes.

Good luck!

Haha

Not hunting a tobacco field for doves.

There is a top sown with wheat, cover crop on the adjoining field to the right. Already cut tobacco field, Burely field from last month. (There is a burley barn way off in the back of one of the pics.

This btw is Dark Fired, the barns are already smoking. This will join them.

Make sure you debaters go take a GIANT SHÎT on the next wabifool thread about bugs bunny and hummingbirds.

Good luck!

Haha

There is a top sown with wheat, cover crop on the adjoining field to the right. Already cut tobacco field, Burely field from last month. (There is a burley barn way off in the back of one of the pics.

Make sure you debaters go take a GIANT SHÎT on the next wabifool thread about bugs bunny and hummingbirds.

I might go dove hunting tomorrow....drive there in my new Ford pickup, paid for by the money I'm still getting from all those years I grew tobacco.

I'll use my $1500 Benelli shotgun, that I bought with the proceeds from my last tobacco crop.

And I'll shot ammo bought with the money I get from renting my neighbor some land where he can grow his tobacco on.

Damn, tobacco has sho nuff been good to me.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Big Tobacco - 08/31/19
laugh

Good luck!

Haha

I might go dove hunting tomorrow....drive there in my new Ford pickup, paid for by the money I'm still getting from all those years I grew tobacco.

I'll use my $1500 Benelli shotgun, that I bought with the proceeds from my last tobacco crop.

And I'll shot ammo bought with the money I get from renting my neighbor some land where he can grow his tobacco on.

Deflave said you were given everything have from your dad. Just like Shrapnel.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19

Good luck!

Haha

Deflave said you were given everything have from your dad. Just like Shrapnel.

Next time you see Deflave, tell him he's just jealous, because I KNEW who my father was.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Originally Posted by Potsy
Geez SlumLord, I broke into a sweat looking at the pictures. I grew up in North Robertson Co. TN. Every family had a patch. Good or bad, tobacco and cattle paid for the family farm and put me and my kid sister through school.

I hate the stuff now, but I reckon according to oldelkhunter's logic, all the beef and corn we raised contributed to multiple DUI fatalities and countless strokes and heart attacks.

Don't matter much, one thing I learned from my Dad was to not pay too much attention to folks from "town". They generally talk out of their ass.

Edited to add: Pard is working on us a silage field for this week. Hope it pans out!!! I'm a bit fired up for seedsucker season!!!

We are hunting a feild off mint springs road just off keysburg rd.

Riley brothers field.
They public lease to twra every year.
Big feild by the CO- OP they have given a rest past 2 years after it being hunted 3 yrs running.
Posted By: LJBass Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Been building fence most of the day. Season opens tomorrow, but it sure seems a lot of people are warming up there barrels early. The last hour of daylight sounded like a shooting range just down the road. Suppose to be good working weather tomorrow, probably shouldn't waste it.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Originally Posted by Potsy

We are hunting a feild off mint springs road just off keysburg rd.

Riley brothers field.
They public lease to twra every year.
Big feild by the CO- OP they have given a rest past 2 years after it being hunted 3 yrs running.

So, you guys are going to be down there in Sadlersville. I'm thinking about coming down there and scaring all the doves away.....lol.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
You know what people who died from smoking would have done if not for tobacco? Died from something else.
Posted By: 673 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Interesting seeing the Tobacco crops, had friends who worked down south describe it, cool to see it.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Even assuming that all the worst accusations about the tobacco companies is true, the decision to start or continue smoking after the facts about the harmful effects became known was entirely up to the users. My brother died from lung cancer. He was in his early twenties when the warnings came out, and when I tried to get him to quit, he'd go full-on a**hole on me, talking about how he could keep up with me in the woods and hills, blah blah blah etc etc and so on. He finally quit at about 50 after having a heart scare, but it was too late. Not long after, they found the cancer, and he died a miserable death a year and a half later, after going through all the hellish chemo and radiation, psychotic episodes and pain that drugs couldn't relieve. He was a smart and very capable guy in many ways, but his arrogance killed him. What a waste.

It's never occurred to me to blame cigarette companies for what he did to himself.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Originally Posted by Pappy348

It's never occurred to me to blame cigarette companies for what he did to himself.

Same here, with my father....
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Already seen a bunch of birds flying.
Got the land grab done, on a pretty good piece off terrian.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Same here. I had a grandmother who died of lung cancer from smoking cigs. She was born in 1906. Told me people way back in the day actually thought smoking was anywhere from harmless to good for you. Anyway, I can feel sorry for people from those days who died from it, having been hooked before the information came out. They started putting warning labels on cigs in 1965. Anyone starting smoking after that its on them......that is all of "Generation X and all of the Milllennials....and a lot of late baby boomers.

What I don't get is vaping. Seems that is an answer that is less harmful for folks hooked but the lawyers are hard after it. I read San PFagsicko banned it.....but smoking pot is legal. Go figure. Only thing I can figure is that they are hoping pot becomes legal everywhere so they can sue them later.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19
They started putting warning labels on cigs in 1965.

I got the time wrong then. He was still a teenager then.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Big Tobacco - 09/01/19

That's dark fired tobacco, most likely, and it will be cured with smoke.

O.K. Got it. Yellow patch at bottom right of the picture below is a patch they just started cutting before the rain yesterday. The yellow strip center left will probably be about ready to cut in the next week or so...

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire