Home
A warning to those who have always thought living or moving to a different State will protect you. And yes this story has repercussions that will be felt for Generations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:
• After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
• We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
• We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.
Chit been over 6-7 months since I stepped into a Walmart. So they very rarely get any business from us anyhow.
Sam Walton might be spinnin'.
I've been saying it for years... People go to Walmart to save a couple bucks and it drives the LGS out of business and then when Walmart decides it's not in their interests to sell guns, there's nobody left to go to.
I don't own any, but any true supporter of the Second that owns Wally's stock might consider going to a shareholders' meeting and letting them know they're pissed.

Any supporter that doesn't own stock might consider cutting way back on any shopping they do there and in Sam's Clubs. I don't get to Wally's often, as the nearest is over 2 hours away.

I'm thinking I'll be writing a letter today to let them know my limited shopping now will be cut back to near nil after today's announcement. There are a couple of items I have a hard time finding anywhere else, but I may be able to find substitutes.

Good luck going forward Wal-Mart.

Geno
It’s really impossible to buy groceries anywhere but Wal-Mart around here. But that’s about all I buy there anymore.
For me the CEO's letter signifies the Cultural Canary in the Coal Mine for the entire Country not just places like Kommiefornia.

As I've stated before coming soon to a State near you.

LGS high fives all around!
As long as Academy doesn’t get wobbly, I’m good.
Look at the BS on the open carry.
They caved to their lawyers more than likely.
What about .308? Once upon a time if you bought .22LR you were asked if for rifle or pistol if pistol they had to get your driver license
This will still impact. 44, and maybe some others
Will have to see if there are any sales
No sweat of my balls

The reason I started shopping at big boxes and walmart is because of LGS being operated by 450lb idiots with NO previous business experience, no ability to communicate customer appreciation, rudeness, arrogance, lazyiness and usually an extra $100-200 markup.

Not that some of those manners didn't transcend to interactions with walmart employees, nonetheless I never all-of-the-above from even the vast cross section of walmart clerks. If I had gotten more than one of the anove or someone was an exceptional horse's ass, I could always let the store manager know and I did.

So if walmart ran any gunshops out of town, it's because those shop proprietors sucked donkey balls to begin with. I'm not entirely a low price shopper, attitude goes a long way. If some fat fûck can't take the time to lay his subway down and fold up his cell phone when I walk in, then give me an assy tude, then BYE.

If/when walmart ceases firearms and ammo sales, I still won't go back to Porky's LGS.

I have Midsouth Supply 15 miles up the highway. And they gladly let me do $10 transfers inbound/outbound.
Folks, you better get used to it......Walmart is only the beginning. I've been preaching for years that with every mass shooting that happens, we lose a little more of our Second Amendment rights. Yet, we continue and keep our heads stuck in the ground, and say that nobody better not mess with our right to own a gun, or else.

I hate to see this happening, because you can bet that other places will follow suit.

As far as the Walmart versus the LGS argument, I've been part of a family owned gun business for over 30 years, and have bought a lot of stuff at Walmart myself. Why.....because they sell a lot of guns and ammo cheaper than I can get them for at dealer cost, and I don't have a problem with that myself. I have seen far too many LGS mark their guns up to the MSRP, and then offer you half of what yours is worth on a trade. I believe in shopping at the place where my dollar is worth the most, not at some place trying to make a weeks wages on one sale.......and that applies everywhere, not just at your friendly LGS.

Anyway, we should all be concerned about this, whether you like Walmart or not, and ask ourselves what is going to happen to us if these mass shooters are allowed to continue their trade.
Well strange bedfellows and all that. He gets it.

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Folks, you better get used to it......Walmart is only the beginning. I've been preaching for years that with every mass shooting that happens, we lose a little more of our Second Amendment rights. Yet, we continue and keep our heads stuck in the ground, and say that nobody better not mess with our right to own a gun, or else.

I hate to see this happening, because you can bet that other places will follow suit.

As far as the Walmart versus the LGS argument, I've been part of a family owned gun business for over 30 years, and have bought a lot of stuff at Walmart myself. Why.....because they sell a lot of guns and ammo cheaper than I can get them for at dealer cost, and I don't have a problem with that myself. I have seen far too many LGS mark their guns up to the MSRP, and then offer you half of what yours is worth on a trade. I believe in shopping at the place where my dollar is worth the most, not at some place trying to make a weeks wages on one sale.......and that applies everywhere, not just at your friendly LGS.

Anyway, we should all be concerned about this, whether you like Walmart or not, and ask ourselves what is going to happen to us if these mass shooters are allowed to continue their trade.
Walmart is also calling for legislation of “enhanced” background checks, another words,MORE GUN CONTROL!!!
and will no longer allow open carry in their stores.

Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammo nationwide

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-...barrel-rifle-and-handgun-ammo-nationwide

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
If you read the CEO's letter I posted thats all in there.
FUGG WALMART 😡
I smell another clearance sale

Mmmmmmm, 9mm $5 a box

I gotta go in there for monkey dicks and coors light anyway.
Old phuggs need nothing, young phuggs won't miss it, as they don't know what it is.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Mmmmmmm, 9mm $5 a box

They've already started.....don't be left out.
you have to remember at one time, mrs. clinton was on the board of directors of walmart.
ain't the same company as when sam had it.
i am kind of confused about the .223 and short barreled rifle.
not all in that caliber are short barreled.
and i don't understand the hand gun thing in alaska either.
CEO Doug McMillon is obviously a Social Justice Warrior.

https://fortune.com/2017/08/15/walmart-doug-mcmillon-donald-trump-charlottesville-response/
Here in Oregon, I'd bet BiMart is celebrating that decision by Wally World....
OMG!!!
It's Wally's fault again.
They prolly sold second class ammo anyways like all that other cheap Chinese stuff them and every other retailer in the country sell too..

The sky done fell
Originally Posted by Seafire
Here in Oregon, I'd bet BiMart is celebrating that decision by Wally World....

I was thinking the exact same thing when I left this thread this morning.

Get ready for big sales of the Federal .223 boxes.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a Bi-Mart in Cali yet. frown

Geno
That damn complicated self check out now no ammo? More reason for the old boys of the fire to stay out Walmart.
Haven't shopped at Walmart for years, Fugg Walmart.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I've been saying it for years... People go to Walmart to save a couple bucks and it drives the LGS out of business and then when Walmart decides it's not in their interests to sell guns, there's nobody left to go to.

I can see President Trump taking this opportunity to trash Wal-mart and urge Americans to buy from local shop keepers.
That sucks. I buy a lot of handgun ammo for range shooting from Walmart. Their prices have been pretty close to bulk internet order prices, but you don't need to buy a lot at once to get that price. Looks like now it's strictly through the internet for me. I hope the decision hurts them bad somehow.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I can see President Trump taking this opportunity to trash Wal-mart and urge Americans to buy from local shop keepers.

The good LGS don't go out of business just the jerks and ripoffs
I pretty much quit Walmart several years ago. We are pretty lucky that we have good alternatives(locally owned stores) to Walmart in town and I'm going to support them as much as I can.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

The good LGS don't go out of business just the jerks and ripoffs

I think that in this area, because of the close proximity to the Ft. Campbell army base, a lot of the LGS's seem to be ripoff joints. Even the ones that have a fairly decent reputation are places where you will pay at least $200 more for the same gun that Walmart sells. Now, I realize that Walmart can sell them cheaper for a reason.....because they order so many of them at a much lower price.

Anyway, the fact remains that for every one good LGS, there are 3 or 4 more than aren't.
So now they will just sell 270 and turdy/turdy ammo?

And "deer corn"
Gonna go scope out it out and get some dog food

Fugg if they clearance 7.62x39 and .380
I will buy some.
This is all about Walmart wanting to be Politically Correct.

Didn’t y’all read the part about Walmart wanting our Legislators to pass more “enhanced” Background Checks ???

And not let folks open carry in their stores anymore???
Originally Posted by renegade50
Gonna go scope out it out and get some dog food

Fugg if they clearance 7.62x39 and .380
I will buy some.

Send me a message if you see double zeroes on any ammo boxes. I told you what to look for.

Let me know, I'll make like a baby and head on out
I'm old enough to remember when Walmart quit selling guns entirely (at least in this state, not sure if it was nation wide) That lasted several years, until the bean counters figured out how many millions of dollars they were losing annually on gun sales. Then about 1/2 of the stores started selling guns again. 20% to 6% market share??? I'd be surprised if this lasts. Walmart worships the greenback, and nothing else.
The New Face of Soft Tyranny

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by slumlord

Mmmmmmm, 9mm $5 a box

They've already started.....don't be left out.

I bought a box of American Eagle 5.56 this afternoon, nothing was on sale. Evidently I was the first person to buy ammo after the news came out, according to the clerk. She had no idea if .22 LR was going to be stocked, that part wasn't made clear to her. She also said it lit a fire under some Walmart officers who hunt/fish, lots of drama in Arkansas today.
It's a private owned company, they can do whatever they want. Who cares? Fugg em.
Couldn't tell you the last time I stepped foot in Walmart.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's a private owned company, they can do whatever they want. Who cares? Fugg em.

Have you EVER been right in your life? Sweet Jesus, 4 months traveling the globe and you are still spouting off wrong sheit.

Never not funny
Originally Posted by bbassi
I'm old enough to remember when Walmart quit selling guns entirely (at least in this state, not sure if it was nation wide) That lasted several years, until the bean counters figured out how many millions of dollars they were losing annually on gun sales. Then about 1/2 of the stores started selling guns again. 20% to 6% market share??? I'd be surprised if this lasts. Walmart worships the greenback, and nothing else.

Spot-on. Right now they think they can gain some ground by quitting guns but once they see not necessarily how much they are losing, but how much others are MAKING that they're not, they'll start selling again.

They actually quit them in all but 20% of their stores, supposedly because the ATF was after them. They had retards who didn't know jack in the sporting goods dept., helping with 4473's and they were getting dinged every little bit...fined big-time. Hard to feel sorry for them even though I don't agree with the whole GCA anyway. Then the whole Obama Presidency kept gun sales just roaring along and the next thing you know ALL their stores have guns and they're even selling the shixt out of assault rifles! I bought one as soon as I saw them in the racks, just because. I never thought I'd see AR's in Walmart but the next thing you know, they're not only selling a few DPMS', they're selling Colts, Bushmasters, SIG's...every brand you can think of. Then when the bottom fell out of that market, they blew them out for prices I've NEVER seen before. They had stuff lower than 1977. I would have bought a couple more but by the time I got there, there were just empty racks and the sad, sad stickers where the extremely discounted prices were. Damn...now I'm crying. Sorry.
No. Walmart quit selling AR-15’s after the Church shooting in S. TX a few years ago. AR’s Bad. Crazy fuggers OK. More PC BULLSCHITT BY WALMART. it’s as simple as that.

Just like when they quit selling .223 / .556 & 7.62 x 39 ammo to those under 21 after the last Florida School Shooting.
Time to boycott them,
Might be opportunity for other stores to come up and take over.
Originally Posted by Campsterpoor
Time to boycott them,
Might be opportunity for other stores to come up and take over.

My son buys all his ammo at Wally World, but I just got him into reloading. He's probably not going to be buying at the stores anymore.

In the Greater Cincinnati Area, Dunhams is the shizz for normal ammo purchasing, but they only have a couple of locations. I drive by one of them on the way to the farm. Dunhams will get a good deal more traffic out of this and they deserve it.
Look how many small gun shops wont go out of business cause Walmart did this.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s really impossible to buy groceries anywhere but Wal-Mart around here. But that’s about all I buy there anymore.

I really doubt that as a town big enough to support a wal mart has to have a grocery store or 2.
They probably don’t have much margin in gun sales anyway and know even though bubba is mad about it, he’ll be back for cheap motor oil, underwear, deodorant, and shaving cream.
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

I really doubt that as a town big enough to support a wal mart has to have a grocery store or 2.
What I think you're saying is that any town big enough to support a Walmart probably has a grocery store or two. The largest town in my county had IIRC, four or five grocery stores before Walmart came in. Walmart probably entered the town in the late eighties. Before Walmart there were several hardware and dime stores, a TG&Y Family Center and a Gibson's. There is only one grocery store out of all those places, post-Walmart. For awhile, there were NO grocery stores. About two years ago, the County Commissioners gave grants to three grocery stores in the county. Two were in different towns and neither exists any longer as after they took the Commission's money, they closed. The one in the big town didn't exist yet as the County essentially paid them to build one there. It is still going but the County paid them nearly a million dollars to come in and build there. Now to me, that is not fair competition-what Capitalism is supposed to be. Walmart can KMA, but still, this isn't Capitalism. It's favoritism. There ARE two Dollar Generals-one just built and another that's been there awhile. Basically though, that town existed for several years with only Walmart to buy groceries at. Otherwise you had to drive to another town in the county and choose between three grocery stores. Now there's only Walmart and the one full-size grocery store in the whole county.
As I do realize Walmart has closed down small buesness and locked down whole communities ...that was the start of my distaste of Walmart .it started in the 80 s...I live 20 miles from the nearest grocery store...probably 40 to a Walmart..
I worked all over the western U.S. And never have found a place that didn't have another option might have to drive to another town but so be it...
I stand buy the fact they have been an evil empire ...if you truly don't have an option , I feel truly bad for your community..
Save money....Live better......
In order for Walmart to stop you from open carry in their stores here in Texas, they are going to have to post what is known as a 30.07 sign on their door. This sign prohibits open carry in that particular store. I seriously doubt Walmart will post that sign in any of their Texas stores. And without that sign, our fine governor, Greg Abbott, has signed into legislation some bills which contain the penalties Walmart will face if one of their employees tells you to leave the store if you are carrying openly. Walmart knows they are pushing the envelope, but I don't think they really have the fortitude to withstand the backlash if those signs are on their doors.
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Look at the BS on the open carry.

Found it.

Cody Museum - Cody WY.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FatCity67
A warning to those who have always thought living or moving to a different State will protect you. And yes this story has repercussions that will be felt for Generations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:
• After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
• We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
• We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.

I read often it's Walmart the KILLED small business....I would think this is EXACTLY what small business "gun stores" need to grow again...fk' Walmart, there gun section is S H ! T anyway.
I go to walmart for dog food and not much else. Like Dicks, They are not a consideration for anything firearm related to me.
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

There are nine decent sized grocery stores within twenty miles of me that I can think of. Seven of them are one form or another of Wal-Mart. The other two are are in the hood and one of those, probably won’t last much longer.

I’m sure I missed a couple, but Wal-Mart dominates the grocery business in these parts. Margins are tight and few are able to compete. And the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets are really nice stores that are just grocery stores and are of a reasonable size.

If HEB or somebody like that would build a store, I could completely divest myself of Wal-Mart.
© 24hourcampfire