Home
Posted By: 338rcm Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
In the market for a new cooler. Reviews on these look good

Anyone here using one

Looking at the 77 qt
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Please identify the cooler that you are asking about.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Brand is Lifetime
Posted By: tzone Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Junk.

I bought one, 70qt I think, from Walmart. It was supposed to hold ice for 5 days. It didn't hold ice for 24 hours.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Seems some folks like them.

Check out the 6th post down or so

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ti/Search/true/yeti-coolers#Post14076603

Geno
Posted By: Owl Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
I've got one that I picked up on sale for $75 - Works great for a $75 cooler.

Pre-chill the day before. Put ice on bottom and foods frozen. Worked.
Posted By: RNF Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Here is a pretty good review on a 55 quart.

Posted By: JTman Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Love mine
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
My son and I each have a 55 quart and so far it has proven worthy. No way is it up to the quality of the seriously expensive units, but it is lightyears ahead of the usual junk coolers. A lot of the better brand construction "upgrades" work against you when the flanges make it too big to fit in certain vehicles. I borrowed several similar size better-brand coolers to test for fit that way, including Yeti and Orca. For $107 it was no contest as far as which one made the most sense.

Pre-chilling makes a big difference. Also, eutectic ice packs at the bottom do more than most folks realize. Because their melting point is significantly colder than ice. As water forms the colder packs refreeze the water to retain the latent heat value. It makes a big difference.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Alright! A cooler thread!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
They're made right here in Utah, so we generally get first looks at new Lifetime products. The ones I've handled seem well made and sturdy. They run about one third the price of a Yeti and are lots better than the price would indicate. I ignore so-called "ice retention tests" because they aren't very realistic. In the real world, we put ice in, throw in food and drinks (not always pre-chilled) and then open and close the lids often.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
We have them in our work trucks and they are working good.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
I have 2 of the 55s. They work very well. Like all cooling, airspace is not your friend. Fill them and fill the gaps with ice. I used them extensively this summer. They will hold for days if you keep them filled.
Posted By: hanco Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
I have Yeti and Rtic. They work well!
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/18/19
Originally Posted by tzone
Junk.

I bought one, 70qt I think, from Walmart. It was supposed to hold ice for 5 days. It didn't hold ice for 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHQxVFlciI
Posted By: nmitchell Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
I just bought a Lifetime 55qt last week and took it with me to my son's ranch in Junction,TX.
I kept my beer in it and had to add ice every day ,but, I did not keep it full of ice.
I will try that next time.
I have a 90qt Yeti that I totally hate.The damn lid will not stay up and constantly crashes down on my 73 year old arms!!
I have a Rtic that I hate because the lid won't open til you crack a drain plug. A total PITA!!

Rant off.

Neil
Posted By: joken2 Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19

Per Brickseek some Walmart stores have the 77qt Lifetime "High Performance" cooler clearance priced slow as $75 others at $115.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by 338rcm
In the market for a new cooler. Reviews on these look good

Anyone here using one

Looking at the 77 qt

built in Utah........

have the smaller 55.........

works well enough for me....

go to Walmart on line

let them pay the shipping for you
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
I bought a 55. I wouldn't waste the energy to carry a free one out of the store. A good Igloo is better.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by joken2

Per Brickseek some Walmart stores have the 77qt Lifetime "High Performance" cooler clearance priced slow as $75 others at $115.

Please send me a link
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19

Bear............resistant
Posted By: lochsa Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
I own a couple of them and have three for work plus two Yeti coolers. Ice keeps within two or three days of the Yetis. key is to fill with large ice blocks. A piece of foam under the lid helps too. Work trips are usually eight days and ice in the lifetime coolers last 5-6 Good coolers for the money.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
I'm waiting for Stihl to come out with a high performance cooler.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
One thing that I learned from Ruffcutt was to insulate the cooler. He talked about putting blankets on his cooler one time to keep it cold. A few months later I was traveling and had my cooler in my Explorer. I had a pillow and not really have a spot for it I put it on top of the cooler. After traveling awhile I went to move the pillow. It was cool on the bottom. I remembered what Ruffcutt had said. So I always keep something to keep my cooler insulted now. Of course a good quality cooler would help also.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19

Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by joken2

Please send me a link

https://brickseek.com/

At the above link hold your cursor over "Inventory Checkers" up at the top of the page then left click on Walmart.

Then where is says, "Need help finding a SKU? Try our SKU finder." left click on SKU finder

In the text window that opens up type "Lifetime coolers", then click on "Search".

The next window that opens up shows the models and capacity they carry.

Click on the 77qt.

When that cooler page appears enter your zip code then click on "Check Inventory" (give it a couple of seconds to run a search)

Now scroll down the page and see if there any clearance priced and in stock at Walmart store within your immediate area.

(if none clearance priced in your immediate area try entering other nearby zips)

Posted By: tzone Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Junk.

The one we bought had virtually zero ice left in it after each day. We used it in FL, in March. It was stored in the shade in a storage compartment of my MIL’s that was parked. We returned it, no questions asked for our money back.

With the $119 we got back, we bought 2 Coleman X-treams and they’ve been great.
Posted By: edapp Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Rtic.

Ive got the 65 quart that I keep full of ice and meat pretty much all deer season. Great cooler

Ozark trail or rtic soft cooler for drinks and overnight travel. The small hard coolers are just too heavy and not enough capacity.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
I like the Wal Mart cooler a lot. Works very well for us. I also have the R-Tic and yes it does seem to work better, but the problem with it it's so damned HEAVY.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Look up retro coolers and buy yourself a Gott cooler. I have a little one a 50 and an 80 quart Gott cooler and wouldn't have anything else. Rubbermade bought them and the quality went away. The older Gotts have heavy molded in handles that I've used for pole holders out salmon trolling plus the 50 has two pockets in the lid with screw in refreeze bottles and the 80 has three pockets in the lid. Cold goes down and the weight of those frozen bottles keeps the lid down. Three days on ice is pretty typical. I paid $70.00 for that 50 just this year and we use it all the time. Even the wife says it is great and money well spent.
Posted By: M1Garand Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Youtube has a lot of videos of cooler tests and comparisons.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Lifetime beat Yeti and Ozark in this one:

Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Junk.

Lol......if it was a 70 qt then it wasn't a Lifetime cooler, they just started making the 77 and 28 qt this year, previous model was a 55 qt which I have and love. It held ice for almost 2 weeks
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Junk.

Lol......if it was a 70 qt then it wasn't a Lifetime cooler, they just started making the 77 and 28 qt this year, previous model was a 55 qt which I have and love. It held ice for almost 2 weeks

Well I said "I think". So, then it was the 77qt. We bought it in mid-March, one day before we left to take the kids to FL. It was definitely a steaming pile of crap, and it definitely was a Grizzly. It certainly didn't work for us at all.
Junk.

Well I said "I think". So, then it was the 77qt. We bought it in mid-March, one day before we left to take the kids to FL. It was definitely a steaming pile of crap, and it definitely was a Grizzly. It certainly didn't work for us at all.
A Grizzly cooler?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Junk.

A Grizzly cooler?

That is confusing!
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They're made right here in Utah, so we generally get first looks at new Lifetime products. The ones I've handled seem well made and sturdy. They run about one third the price of a Yeti and are lots better than the price would indicate. I ignore so-called "ice retention tests" because they aren't very realistic. In the real world, we put ice in, throw in food and drinks (not always pre-chilled) and then open and close the lids often.

Just exactly what the guy in the video said as well.
Junk.

A Grizzly cooler?

Lol. Now I'm all twisted up. It was a Lifetime Cooler. But it was grizzly proof. Ya know, since they roam Disney Campground Swamps.
Junk.

A Grizzly cooler?

Lol. Now I'm all twisted up. It was a Lifetime Cooler. But it was grizzly proof. Ya know, since they roam Disney Campground Swamps.
And off the grid Alaska. wink
You have slightly better chance on that deal.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Junk.

The one we bought had virtually zero ice left in it after each day. We used it in FL, in March. It was stored in the shade in a storage compartment of my MIL’s that was parked. We returned it, no questions asked for our money back.

With the $119 we got back, we bought 2 Coleman X-treams and they’ve been great.

It sounds suspiciously like that cooler left the plant with no insulation at all.
Posted By: setch Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/22/19
Anyone use the Canyon outfitter or the Engel deep blue coolers?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/22/19
When I buy ice I consider it an investment.

If I cant get 10 days out of that frozen water....I am dissapointed.

I would gladly pay 250 dollars for a cooler to keep a dollar bag of ice for a few days. .
Posted By: Marshhawk Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/22/19
We have a Lifetime 77 Quart I believe. We camped the first week of July here in Wisconsin.It was in the 80s. We had put a big block of ice in there and it lasted for a solid 5 days.
We opened it a lot as we had Grandkids along. We have been happy with it and the price is right.

Bill
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/22/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
When I buy ice I consider it an investment.

If I cant get 10 days out of that frozen water....I am dissapointed.

I would gladly pay 250 dollars for a cooler to keep a dollar bag of ice for a few days. .

I have used the Yeti 20 maybe 10 days now.

So far it hasn't had any ice in it yet. But it's been used for a step ladder, a seat on the back of a flatbed and of course a cooler loaded with a reusable ice pack and lunch plus dinner and (non alcoholic drinks).

It's heavier than hell but quite sturdy.
Posted By: keystoneben Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/22/19
I put ice in mine back in June, no complaints yet
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Lifetime cooler? - 09/22/19
Staged photo...
(no ice was harmed)

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]
© 24hourcampfire