Home
Maxwell House Regular, black for me.

Anyone want cream, milk, or sugar? laugh
One sugar and a little half and half, thank you.
Black and strong!
I also have tea if any of good folks are so inclined.
Community Dark Roast, nothing added, especially good this morning, on the houseboat
Nearly the same strength as espresso...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Eight O'Clock coffee, black and hot.
Folgers french roast black
rather have a redbull and a little debbie

Working with people who drank coffee and teachers from school, they always had shît-breath from sipping coffee, thought gawd..do they know
Originally Posted by dubePA
Eight O'Clock coffee, black and hot.

This at home and Folgers Black Silk or Classic at work.
Beans from BLACK RIFLE COFFEE CO (AK) freshly ground as I need it. Black of course.
Folgers, black.
The best I've had in a while was a few mornings ago at the 7-11 in the DFW airport believe it or not. I can't make it that good
Black for me
I brew 1/2 a pot of Maxwell House dark roast every morning.
Strong and black.
When I worked 3rd shift (11-7) the other guys tried to get there before I did, because I always made it too strong. Sissie! grin
7mm
Pretty much any dark roast with a shot of heavy whipping cream. Hot coffee on a cool morning is one of life’s simple pleasures.

Ethiopia Sidamo beans when I can find it or if we’re buying online.

To slumlord’s point...”coffee breath” is freaking nasty. Have a stick of gum if you’re going to be in someone’s grill after coffee.
Strong and black for me. Folgers usually but I like Farmers, Community, 8 O'clock or maybe a few others.
I buy Coasta Rican whole beans and grind my own with a fine grind.I always drink it black and enjoy the great flavor of the coffee.
Like mine fresh ground black. Sitting in easy chair with my pup on my shoulders and first cup right now.
Never tasted it in my life.
Dark roast, brewed strong with nothing added. I'll have most/all of a pot in me by the time I head to work.
Black, no sugar. Short black or long black Espresso.
black, tall cup.
Strong Maxwell House regular in a 10 oz. mug with two generic Equal packets and Coffeemate powdered creamer. Good stuff!
Dark roast, strong, with heavy cream.
I like strong French roast.

I put my Keurig coffee maker on the second lowest "notch" an it makes about 1/2 cup of strong coffee from a French roast pod.

Then I add 1 Tbsp. Irish cream, 1 Tbsp. Black Velvet and top with a little whipping cream.

Virgil B.
Kirkland in the 3 pound can.

Its not very good......but I like the can.

No cream or sugar please.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I have mom's cups like those. They are great. They dont absorb all the heat from the coffee and if warmed in the micro the handle doesnt burn you.
Iced, with some flavoring.

What's the addy?

I use HEB Columbian at home but I'm easy for tea, Wabi. wink
Medium roast Folgers out of my Bunn pot. Black.
Community Dark Roast, not real strong, a little “heavy cream” added! Made in a Bunn when at home.....a percolator when in the RV. memtb
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Black and strong!

+1
Mr. Coffee gave up the ghost this very AM, had to break out back-up, old Westinghouse 4-cupper. We use Costco organic and Winco flavored beans, mixed 50-50.
Very strong Folgers Columbian at home.

..and plenty of it.
Originally Posted by slumlord
rather have a redbull and a little debbie

Working with people who drank coffee and teachers from school, they always had shît-breath from sipping coffee, thought gawd..do they know

You forgot the pall mall cigarettes..
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kirkland in the 3 pound can.

Its not very good......but I like the can.

No cream or sugar please.

You are nuts man, best tasting coffee I think.. before I got kicked out of the house, me and the wife used to enjoy a hot cup Kirkland coffee.. I got go ph ucking allergies..
Black, Community Dark Roast
Wow I would be grouchy if i had to drink most of what you all drink. I am a self-confessed coffee-holic. I roast my own green coffee beans, and don't let it get much beyond 2 weeks old. I also grind what I need each morning, and make the coffee in a French press. Right now I am drinking Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita. Smooth coffee, roasted fairly dark. Just makes me smile! Sorry if that makes me a snob! Oh, and black of course.
I grind my beans, typically Sumantran, and drink it black.

Use this same coffee maker. Folgers Classic, put as many grounds in the basket as it will hold without flowing over the top while brewing. Push the strong brew button when it is turned on. I like to get the first inch or 2 that drips through, good and strong. Couple of packets of Splenda and some heavy cream in a 12 oz Ozark Trail tumbler. I add more coffee as I drink it down. When coffee pot quits working, or if I just feel like it, I'll break out the camp pot and make a pot of Cowboy coffee. Even better. No "kiss your sister" coffee made here.

Not concerned about coffee breath . . . retired and try hard not to get that close to others.
Black and bitter in a porcelain mug
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Wow I would be grouchy if i had to drink most of what you all drink. I am a self-confessed coffee-holic. I roast my own green coffee beans, and don't let it get much beyond 2 weeks old. I also grind what I need each morning, and make the coffee in a French press. Right now I am drinking Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita. Smooth coffee, roasted fairly dark. Just makes me smile! Sorry if that makes me a snob! Oh, and black of course.

“ l’ll see you and raise you”! I grow my own Arabica Beans, hand-picked by lovely Colombian ladies, roasted in a large brick oven, hand ground by a “student of the art”, percolated to the proper color and ph, and served at 131 degrees F, in imported China Cups! grin Your not “snobbish”......Nothing wrong with settling for less than the best! memtb
Just had my daily on the road cup, pod Starbucks Pike Place with one yellow packet in a single wall titanium cup. Takes the edge of. Will chase it later with a low carb energy drink as needed. I'm pretty sure I am addicted to caffeine.
Folgers Columbian from a French Press,....black of course.

I like the old Diner cups from yard sales and thrift stores.

Like I like my women. Dark, strong and not at all sweet.
Medium strenth without pollutants. When traveling, I do put a little hot chocolate in when buying convenience store coffee.
Strong and bitter like my wife
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Like I like my women. Dark, strong and not at all sweet.

Full-bodied....
Actually, I just chew fresh-roasted beans - I win!
Originally Posted by fester
Strong and bitter like my wife

...I guess that's better than cold and bitter.....
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Very hard to top that. That also means, you still have teeth....unlike many “fire” members! grin memtb
No one chews it all up, can. and all? laugh
I remember one Sunday about this time of year in 2007 listening to Moody Radio ( WCRF ) out of Cleveland, Ohio, they had the president of Moody on giving a sermon. He started out talking about coffee. When he was growing up he said coffee was hot, coffee was strong and coffee was black. If you put anything in it, it was called baby coffee. Now they even have pumpkin coffee! ( Horrors!!!! )
I never forgot that. I also agree with him.
For those who can't drink black coffee, try what my one foreman at work said. Force yourself to drink coffee black for two weeks, then go back to your old way. You'll never put anything in it again.
Originally Posted by memtb

“ l’ll see you and raise you”! I grow my own Arabica Beans, hand-picked by lovely Colombian ladies, roasted in a large brick oven, hand ground by a “student of the art”, percolated to the proper color and ph, and served at 131 degrees F, in imported China Cups! grin Your not “snobbish”......Nothing wrong with settling for less than the best! memtb

Ok you win!! I would love to be able to raise my own, process it, roast it, and drink it. But I can't. But i do have a good source for green coffee, organic, and as much as possible, fair trade. Most comes from co-ops that work together. It is just hard to beat a good fresh roast coffee. I can usually taste when it is getting old, usually around 2 weeks. It is like somebody told me once, treat coffee like a food. Would you eat bread that has been sitting out for 3 weeks....uh no. Same with my coffee! If I can't roast my own, I usually look for some other local roasted coffee, especially paying attention to the roasted date. Not the (expiration date).
Just one cup a day in the morning: Triple espresso using Illy Intenso 100% Arabica made in a Salvatore commercial espresso machine.

Ok you win!! I would love to be able to raise my own, process it, roast it, and drink it. But I can't. But i do have a good source for green coffee, organic, and as much as possible, fair trade. Most comes from co-ops that work together. It is just hard to beat a good fresh roast coffee. I can usually taste when it is getting old, usually around 2 weeks. It is like somebody told me once, treat coffee like a food. Would you eat bread that has been sitting out for 3 weeks....uh no. Same with my coffee! If I can't roast my own, I usually look for some other local roasted coffee, especially paying attention to the roasted date. Not the (expiration date).

Jevryod, I hope that you know that I was just “messing with you”! Hell, I do my handloading with a “turret” press....Oh the horror! memtb
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is pretty good stuff. All the small mom and pop stores have it around here. We brew a 10 cup pot every morning here at the house.
Chocolate, marshmallows, and hot damn.

Very hard to top that. That also means, you still have teeth....unlike many “fire” members! grin memtb

Why wait for the dang plant to grow beans?

I just bite off the stems where the plant is starting to flower and suck the full rich bodied caffeine filled sap right out of the twig.

If I really need a jolt, I just pull up a whole plant, run it through the Vita Mix machine, and inject it intravenously.

Pikers, the lot of ya.

Geno

PS, honestly, the weekday routine is espresso grind Peet's Espresso Forte and Decaf French Roast mixed 50/50,, brewed in the "K cup" half of our coffee maker in a permanent screen cup insert. Really fine grind and the cup packed as full as it will go without overflowing makes for some wonderful mud at the bottom of the cup.

PPS Jim, tha Kirkland in a can is WAY MO" BETTA than folgers or maxwell house.
Gotta take care of my big yellow lab first otherwise I get "the look". Then it's make a full pot of MH out of an ancient Mr. Coffee that won't die. Milk & sugar, please but before I can enjoy my cup I gotta give muttly his cookie otherwise I get "the look" again.

I get a lot of "looks". Keeps me sharp. laugh
Whew doggie, the first liar don't stand a chance.[Linked Image from memegenerator.net] laugh
Maxwell House Regular, black for me.

Anyone want cream, milk, or sugar? laugh

I like sugar and half and half.

My first introduction to coffee was when I was a little kid, six or seven, when my mom would give me sips from her morning cup of coffee. Eventually, she started making me my own cups of coffee so she didn't have to share, and naturally it was made the way she made it for herself, i.e., with half-and half and a flat teaspoon of sugar. That's the way I've always drank it.

I could hardly wait to get home from school to get my second cup, LOL.

Jevryod, I hope that you know that I was just “messing with you”! Hell, I do my handloading with a “turret” press....Oh the horror! memtb

Ha, you had me for a bit! Didn't think you could raise coffee in your location, but thought maybe you had a plantation in Columbia or something!

I don't drink a lot of coffee anymore (ulcers), but when I do, it's Van Houtte medium roast Columbian with a half jigger of Kahlua to make it interesting.
As an aside, I liked coffee from little up. My 2 brothers and I used to fight over the dregs left in mom and dads coffee cups in the mornings. This was at probably 3 years old. When we were 13, dad said we were old enough to drink it regularly. That was a happy day for me!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Why wait for the dang plant to grow beans?

I just bite off the stems where the plant is starting to flower and suck the full rich bodied caffeine filled sap right out of the twig.

If I really need a jolt, I just pull up a whole plant, run it through the Vita Mix machine, and inject it intravenously.

Pikers, the lot of ya.

Geno

PS, honestly, the weekday routine is espresso grind Peet's Espresso Forte and Decaf French Roast mixed 50/50,, brewed in the "K cup" half of our coffee maker in a permanent screen cup insert. Really fine grind and the cup packed as full as it will go without overflowing makes for some wonderful mud at the bottom of the cup.

PPS Jim, tha Kirkland in a can is WAY MO" BETTA than folgers or maxwell house.

Gene Chew the stem? Patience is what makes the experience more memorable! wink

We’ve tried the Kirkland Arabica Bean, and while good.....it just couldn’t compete with our old Community Dark Roast! It times of “shear desperation”, we would do Kirkland’s again! memtb

Earl Grey, hot if you please.

G23
Kirkland's French Roast beans ground and two heaping tablespoons dumped into those reusable Keurig cups and 8 oz. water on the strong setting. Approximately 10 times a day!

I have been cutting back.
Originally Posted by G23

Earl Grey, hot if you please.

G23

Just don't drink it with the frickin' bag in the cup - talk about an affectation!
As an aside, I liked coffee from little up. My 2 brothers and I used to fight over the dregs left in mom and dads coffee cups in the mornings. This was at probably 3 years old. When we were 13, dad said we were old enough to drink it regularly. That was a happy day for me!

I Started early too, maybe 5?

Come home from church with baked goodies, mom and dad had coffee with theirs. So we would feel "grown up", when we finished 1/2 our milk they'd pour coffee in the glass.

Started a paper route around 12-13 years old. Up early to fold papers, coffee with mom. Back East style at that time, milk in the coffee. Gradually I turned to coffee the way God made it................black!

I drink 1/2 caf homemade now, as at one time in life I was drinking well over a full Mr Coffee pot of strong every day, with extra coffees when out at night. Went to full decaf for a while, then weaned myself back up to my daily regimen, and on occasion, real real coffee.

Geno

Home.... Nothing fancy, some drip Yuban but get to enjoy it in grandpa's cup. Have only a couple left. I remember them from the 70's. Cheers!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Black, if I wanted sweet I'd drink a can of cream or pour a jar of honey down my face.
Apply named 'The Sunroom'.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire