Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chocolate, marshmallows, and hot damn.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Actually, I just chew fresh-roasted beans - I win!

Very hard to top that. That also means, you still have teeth....unlike many “fire” members! grin memtb

Why wait for the dang plant to grow beans?

I just bite off the stems where the plant is starting to flower and suck the full rich bodied caffeine filled sap right out of the twig.

If I really need a jolt, I just pull up a whole plant, run it through the Vita Mix machine, and inject it intravenously.

Pikers, the lot of ya.

Geno

PS, honestly, the weekday routine is espresso grind Peet's Espresso Forte and Decaf French Roast mixed 50/50,, brewed in the "K cup" half of our coffee maker in a permanent screen cup insert. Really fine grind and the cup packed as full as it will go without overflowing makes for some wonderful mud at the bottom of the cup.

PPS Jim, tha Kirkland in a can is WAY MO" BETTA than folgers or maxwell house.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta take care of my big yellow lab first otherwise I get "the look". Then it's make a full pot of MH out of an ancient Mr. Coffee that won't die. Milk & sugar, please but before I can enjoy my cup I gotta give muttly his cookie otherwise I get "the look" again.

I get a lot of "looks". Keeps me sharp. laugh

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Whew doggie, the first liar don't stand a chance.[Linked Image from memegenerator.net] laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Maxwell House Regular, black for me.

Anyone want cream, milk, or sugar? laugh

I like sugar and half and half.

My first introduction to coffee was when I was a little kid, six or seven, when my mom would give me sips from her morning cup of coffee. Eventually, she started making me my own cups of coffee so she didn't have to share, and naturally it was made the way she made it for herself, i.e., with half-and half and a flat teaspoon of sugar. That's the way I've always drank it.

I could hardly wait to get home from school to get my second cup, LOL.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Wow I would be grouchy if i had to drink most of what you all drink. I am a self-confessed coffee-holic. I roast my own green coffee beans, and don't let it get much beyond 2 weeks old. I also grind what I need each morning, and make the coffee in a French press. Right now I am drinking Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita. Smooth coffee, roasted fairly dark. Just makes me smile! Sorry if that makes me a snob! Oh, and black of course.

“ l’ll see you and raise you”! I grow my own Arabica Beans, hand-picked by lovely Colombian ladies, roasted in a large brick oven, hand ground by a “student of the art”, percolated to the proper color and ph, and served at 131 degrees F, in imported China Cups! grin Your not “snobbish”......Nothing wrong with settling for less than the best! memtb

Ok you win!! I would love to be able to raise my own, process it, roast it, and drink it. But I can't. But i do have a good source for green coffee, organic, and as much as possible, fair trade. Most comes from co-ops that work together. It is just hard to beat a good fresh roast coffee. I can usually taste when it is getting old, usually around 2 weeks. It is like somebody told me once, treat coffee like a food. Would you eat bread that has been sitting out for 3 weeks....uh no. Same with my coffee! If I can't roast my own, I usually look for some other local roasted coffee, especially paying attention to the roasted date. Not the (expiration date).

Jevryod, I hope that you know that I was just “messing with you”! Hell, I do my handloading with a “turret” press....Oh the horror! memtb

Ha, you had me for a bit! Didn't think you could raise coffee in your location, but thought maybe you had a plantation in Columbia or something!

Last edited by Jevyod; 09/23/19.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I don't drink a lot of coffee anymore (ulcers), but when I do, it's Van Houtte medium roast Columbian with a half jigger of Kahlua to make it interesting.

Patrick

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die,
I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

And on the 8th day, God created the Border Collie.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
As an aside, I liked coffee from little up. My 2 brothers and I used to fight over the dregs left in mom and dads coffee cups in the mornings. This was at probably 3 years old. When we were 13, dad said we were old enough to drink it regularly. That was a happy day for me!

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Actually, I just chew fresh-roasted beans - I win!

Very hard to top that. That also means, you still have teeth....unlike many “fire” members! grin memtb

Why wait for the dang plant to grow beans?

I just bite off the stems where the plant is starting to flower and suck the full rich bodied caffeine filled sap right out of the twig.

If I really need a jolt, I just pull up a whole plant, run it through the Vita Mix machine, and inject it intravenously.

Pikers, the lot of ya.

Geno

PS, honestly, the weekday routine is espresso grind Peet's Espresso Forte and Decaf French Roast mixed 50/50,, brewed in the "K cup" half of our coffee maker in a permanent screen cup insert. Really fine grind and the cup packed as full as it will go without overflowing makes for some wonderful mud at the bottom of the cup.

PPS Jim, tha Kirkland in a can is WAY MO" BETTA than folgers or maxwell house.

Gene Chew the stem? Patience is what makes the experience more memorable! wink

We’ve tried the Kirkland Arabica Bean, and while good.....it just couldn’t compete with our old Community Dark Roast! It times of “shear desperation”, we would do Kirkland’s again! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I also have tea if any of good folks are so inclined.

Earl Grey, hot if you please.

G23

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kirkland's French Roast beans ground and two heaping tablespoons dumped into those reusable Keurig cups and 8 oz. water on the strong setting. Approximately 10 times a day!

I have been cutting back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by G23
I also have tea if any of good folks are so inclined.

Earl Grey, hot if you please.

G23

Just don't drink it with the frickin' bag in the cup - talk about an affectation!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As an aside, I liked coffee from little up. My 2 brothers and I used to fight over the dregs left in mom and dads coffee cups in the mornings. This was at probably 3 years old. When we were 13, dad said we were old enough to drink it regularly. That was a happy day for me!

I Started early too, maybe 5?

Come home from church with baked goodies, mom and dad had coffee with theirs. So we would feel "grown up", when we finished 1/2 our milk they'd pour coffee in the glass.

Started a paper route around 12-13 years old. Up early to fold papers, coffee with mom. Back East style at that time, milk in the coffee. Gradually I turned to coffee the way God made it................black!

I drink 1/2 caf homemade now, as at one time in life I was drinking well over a full Mr Coffee pot of strong every day, with extra coffees when out at night. Went to full decaf for a while, then weaned myself back up to my daily regimen, and on occasion, real real coffee.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Home.... Nothing fancy, some drip Yuban but get to enjoy it in grandpa's cup. Have only a couple left. I remember them from the 70's. Cheers!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Black, if I wanted sweet I'd drink a can of cream or pour a jar of honey down my face.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Apply named 'The Sunroom'.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,832
Posts18,517,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.