Home
Posted By: wabigoon Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I'm scheduled to get a cortisone shot in my right shoulder. I've had one in my left shoulder about ten years back. Two , or three in my lower back. It's only a short pain killer, but I hope it helps out some.

Any other old guys have the shots?
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
When my right goes bad i get one.

I fell after back surgery back in the 80's,the rotater cuff is screwed but i don't want to get cut if i don't have to.

I get it about once a year or whenever it acts up.
The left had Arthur visit last year and i got 2 about 2 months apart.

It still has a painful spot but i can use it more.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Yes. In my ankle and shoulder. Just like you said, short-term relief. With me, after the effects wore off the pain was always a little worse.
Posted By: okie Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Had a series just yesterday L3 L4 and L4 L5. Trying to avoid another surgery... Have been PT ing it and will continue on that route to avoid the knife. Lifestyle changes in order for sure...
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
About 15 years ago, I was coming down a tree with a climbing tree stand when the bottom half slipped. I got a small tear at the top of my bicep where it meets the shoulder and another small tear in the back of my shoulder. The doctor wanted to do a couple of shots. I told him that I heard that it was temporary. He said I was wrong and that if he didn't think it would help me, he wouldn't do it. He told me that he was trying to keep me out of the OR. We did the shots about two week apart and I did about 2 months of rehab and fixed me right up. Been good ever since.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I had two in my hip at 29, they didn't work for that deal, it required surgery to fix it all up.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Came very close to actually hitting a doctor after he talked me into getting one of those shots.

It hurt like sin, and went south from there.

Ended up having to undergo 4 hand surgeries by an orthopedic surgeon to fix that screw up. frown
Posted By: slumlord Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
In my knees usually once a year right before arrowhead hunting season πŸ˜„

I need should get a fresh round before deer season. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Hoooahh!!! πŸ˜€

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: achadwick Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I had one in my right knee about two months ago, and it really worked! Unfortunately the effects wore off after only ~3 weeks. frown
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Had more of those in my knees than I can remember, before dual TKR's. Used to get them every 6 months. When they start lasting less than that, my Doc wouldn't give them more frequently, so it was time for something more drastic. I hate needles.
Posted By: Crusader Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Have had them in both heels for plantar fasciitis; outer and inner elbow for tennis and golfer's elbow, respectively; knees, shoulder, and thumbs (for arthritis). A lifetime of sports w/injuries have resulted in the need for these things. The shots hurt like heck for a couple of days, with the heel and thumbs being the worst. But after that, I've gotten at least 6 months of pain relief and in some cases, the injection eliminated the pain completely. Anyway, I'd recommend getting the injection and allowing time to see how it does before contemplating more serious treatments or procedures, like surgery, or whatever.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Back shots for me.
S1, L4 L5....

Thanks to a 16 yr old girl with a 3 week old hatchling license and her cell phone auto accident.

They aint all that bad.
Getting a novacaine shot for dental work is worse.

Biggest thing is the feeling of the shot fluid going into you once the guide needles are in place.
Kinda a tingling filling up a void or space sensation.
Uncomfortable , not all that painful.
Posted By: IKE Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I had one about two months ago because my shoulder ached 24/7 and it was getting to the point that I was loosing range of motion in my arm and couldn't come close to reaching the middle of my back. I was afraid it was a rotator cup issue but the xrays showed some arthritis which is also causing bursitis.

When the PA suggested a shot I was expecting a big ol' long horse needle and a lot of discomfort but it was not that uncomfortable at all.

First the PA sprayed some really cold stuff (felt like the same thing that my dermatologist uses to freeze things on me) on the injection site and then she gave me the shot......I swear I didn't feel the actual injection at all.

So far (knock on wood) between the shot and home PT my arm feels much better and I have regained some range of motion.......I know the shot isn't going to make the arthritis disappear and I've pretty much resigned myself to getting more shots down the road.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm scheduled to get a cortisone shot in my right shoulder. I've had one in my left shoulder about ten years back. Two , or three in my lower back. It's only a short pain killer, but I hope it helps out some.

So far as I understand it repeated shots of cortisone doesn't do the joints any good.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Had my right knee replaced last year. Now the left one is in worse shape. Orthopedic surgeon says there is nothing that can be done short of a replacement. I'm trying to hold out until after the first of the year (hunting seasons, holidays...), so I get a shot every three months just so I can keep working. Had a shot three weeks ago, but first, the Dr. had to remove two syringes of fluid. Fun stuff! Effectiveness varies - previous shot did nothing for the pain, this latest one has given me some relief. Best of luck to you.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19

If it is cortisone, that is not a long term solution, the idea, as I understand it, is to reduce swelling so it can heal.
Floyd said he got a cortisone shot for hemmorhoids. Being in the truck all day takes a toll.
Posted By: hanco Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I’ve never had to have one, I’m glad!!
Then you've been a 'kept' husband πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

hanco trophy husband
JK Hanco..
crazy laugh
Lol!!

Posted By: RickyD Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I had a steroid shot in my right knee about month ago. The shot hurt worse than my knee did. For the first 4-5 days, it did nothing to help, then it did. A week ago, though, my leg got super sensitive to cramping, particularly when I was trying to sleep. I hate cramps as they really hurt and are hard to get rid of. I haven't seen the doc yet but will in a week or two. Ultimately, knee replacement surgery will be done on the right knee.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Be very careful if you're diabetic and get cortisone. My sugars went above 300 and were hard to get back down.

On top of the shots not really helping.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Be very careful if you're diabetic and get cortisone. My sugars went above 300 and were hard to get back down.

On top of the shots not really helping.

That's an excellent tip.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I've had enough cortisone shot in me to float a boat. I had problems with my feet for years, and had shots in the heel hoping to avoid the surgery. Finally had the surgery.

I have had shots in my shoulders, both of them, for the past 15 years or so. They work. I get one now about every year.

The most painful shot of any kind I've ever had was a cortisone shot in my thumb. The doctor advised a surgical procedure that would eliminate the pain I was having, but said we should try a shot first as they sometimes helped. I told him later, that if I could have felt like smacking the chit out of him during the shot, I would have. The shot hurt me a hundred more than the pain the thumb was giving me, and to top it all off, the shot only lasted about 6 weeks, after which I went ahead and had the surgery.

In short, the shots in the shoulder are the only ones I've had that seemed to last any length of time.
Posted By: g5m Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19

Multiple-- back, hip, shoulder. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not. If you need shoulder replacement it may delay the time for surgery. If it's rotator cuff it probably won't.
Hope it helps you.
Posted By: victoro Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
"Getting a novacaine shot for dental work is worse."

You need to find a different dentist if you experience ANY pain.
Posted By: hatari Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Had more of those in my knees than I can remember, before dual TKR's. Used to get them every 6 months. When they start lasting less than that, my Doc wouldn't give them more frequently, so it was time for something more drastic. I hate needles.

I hear you. Had my firearm/ elbow done fir baseball years ago. About ten years ago had both firearms done again for dentistry.

Worked like a charm both sessions
I've had 8 cortisone shots (that I can remember) and had no pain other than a little when the needle first penetrated the skin. I had 2 shots in my right index finger a few weeks apart and the Doc said that a lot of people can't take the pain of a shot in their fingers. I felt some pressure but no pain. I suspect that when people experience a painful cortisone shot the Doc hit a nerve.
Originally Posted by victoro
"Getting a novacaine shot for dental work is worse."

You need to find a different dentist if you experience ANY pain.

Thank you.....

I will go dentist shopping now for the pain free guy.
Only ever had 1 dentist in my entire life of 56 years so far.
Never been anywhere cept hometown USA....
My dentist is now 93 yrs old .
Not the same 40 some odd yr old dude he was in 1970 when i was 7.

Anyone else not feel intial pain from a shot at dentist
Even if they use numbing gel beforehand.

Must be just me ....
Huh........
crazy
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

I don't think it's you at all. If the dentist does it right there is NO pain unless the dentist just crams the needle in all the way after the gums are numb. A good dentist will ease the needle in a little at a time.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

If it is cortisone, that is not a long term solution, the idea, as I understand it, is to reduce swelling so it can heal.

triamcinolone or betamethosone are chemical analogs of the cortisol made by your body used in the shots. the chemical modifications give them a "time release" profile.

all of this group stop any healing process, by stopping the inflammation . Inflammation is necessary for the healing process, as it starts a cascade of events, from removing the protective "scar" tissues , to starting interferon flow into the area etc.

If the injury is localized, get an RX for testosterone cream, and rub it on the area. The local conversion by the bodies hormones to estradiol will re-establish the vascular network locally increasing the blood flow.

Get some ozone shots to start the healing process.

If your in the older group your thyroid is low, this is needed to bring the metabolism of your healing system back up

And if you can afford it, get HGH shots. (human growth hormone)

"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

I don't think it's you at all. If the dentist does it right there is NO pain unless the dentist just crams the needle in all the way after the gums are numb. A good dentist will ease the needle in a little at a time.

What are you smoking man????

That schitt hurts going in no matter what until the numbing effect begins.
Even if numbing gel is used prior to the shot and mother theresa is doing it.
Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.
They all fugging hurt giving shots dude....

LOL!!!

Posted By: Terryk Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I had cortisone last year in my shoulder. I had a lot of pain for 2 days after the shot, then it was cured like a miracle. I thought I tore the rotor cuff, but the shot cured it. Amazing.

I am scheduling the hydraclonic acid shots for my knees for hunting season. Both shots suck because they shoot in a ton of fluid like grease. My doctor uses freeze spray to deaden the pain, but is still feels creepy.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I have had a pile of them. They have made a huge difference for me. I had one doctor bend a needle in my shoulder and another time I started laughing so hard while the needle was in me that the doctor let it go
Posted By: Redneck Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19

Yep - two, inside of 6 weeks on my RH shoulder... Didn't do much.... So I'm on ibuprofin 3X/day trying to keep the pain down a bit..
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yep - two, inside of 6 weeks on my RH shoulder... Didn't do much.... So I'm on ibuprofin 3X/day trying to keep the pain down a bit..

Did they guide your injections with an xray?
Posted By: hatari Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Originally Posted by renegade50
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

What are you smoking man????

That schitt hurts going in no matter what until the numbing effect begins.
Even if numbing gel is used prior to the shot and mother theresa is doing it.
Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.
They all fugging hurt giving shots dude....

LOL!!!

All? All?
Never been to my office, now have you?

Some are better at it than others. What you use and how you administer it makes a difference.
Some areas are easier to work on than others.πŸ˜‰
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Mixed results for me. I had one in my knee that helped for a while, but the shots in my hip really did not work.
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

My dentist never hurts me,

It's my wife
Originally Posted by slumlord
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

My dentist never hurts me,

It's my wife

Please......
She is your hygenist and her moms jb weld rotting toof repairer....

Tell us about the dr carter experince couple yrs ago.

Lol!!!
she'll pull your teeth

Just sayin

Might save ya a few bucks

Hahaha
Mobile oral surgical suite in the living room

Your screams will be muffled with a beach towel

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Posted By: Etoh Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Corisone (cortisone) shots are cortisteroids, in that group, not cortisol (hydrocortisone) which is produced in the body.

cortisol is released by the body each nite during Circadian rhythm and falls off drastically about 2 o'clock in the afternoon, thats why you feel like your ass is dragging.

high levels of cortisol (Cortisone is a pharma trade name) over time can cause renal stress, high blood pressure, and diabetes

the steroids used for the shots have very long half life and miminc these symptoms. thats why the docs don't give them back to back.

if you're get them might want to look into two things

take a supplement call Resveratrol

look into more modern medical approaches, cortisone shots are 1980 medicine.
Aint no way pingerella is getting around me with dental anything.

Hahahahaha!!!
Posted By: GBOB Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Many cortisone shots β€”hips, back,knees etc.
I’m here to tell you , that if they ever mention the elbow,
RUN. Dr told me , if I had told you before hand, you wouldn’t have let me do it! To his credit, with thearpy and rest, I haven’t had to have surgery....
"Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.
They all fugging hurt giving shots dude.."

I'd be willing to take that bet. My parents NEVER took me to the dentist for anything. I got an impacted molar pulled when I was 16 and I paid for it. I got a cavity between my 2 front teeth filled when I was 19 (that I paid for) and the shots he gave were incredibly painful. I cussed him out when he was through and never saw him again. I got another impacted molar removed by an Army dentist when I was 21 and he broke it off at the gum line and had to chisel it out but I don't recall the shot being painful.

When I got out of the Army and my employer bridged my time I was making enough money to have my teeth repaired. Starting at age 24 I had a LOT of dental work (which included braces) over the next 2 years. Except for the braces all the repair work was done by the same dentist. The first thing I had repaired was the filing between my front teeth and there was NO PAIN from the shots. This dentist pulled ALL FOUR of my wisdom teeth in his office one day after hours so I wouldn't have to take off work. He was done by about 6:30 pm and NONE of the shots hurt. I wasn't given any pain medication or a prescription for any. He called me that night at 9:00 to check on me and I was ok except of a little aching pain. I got up the next morning ate breakfast and was at work by 7:00. I had a little soreness but no swelling. Nobody believed I had my wisdom teeth pulled until I showed them the holes.

My teeth were in good shape after all that work but over the years I've had some filings replaced/teeth capped and had a bridge replaced a couple of years ago (when I was 74) . The all gold bridge I had put in in 1969 cost me $150, the replacement (not gold) cost about $2700. I had my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and the cute blond that cleaned them told me I teeth should last a long time and keep doing what I'm going. To me there is more discomfort when getting your teeth cleaned then dental work so I find a good gentle dental hygienist and stick with her.

I haven't had a painful shot since I was 19 and had that filing between my front teeth. There are a lot of good pain free dentists out and you just need to find one. When I say pain free I mean exactly that, no pain at all. Ask your friends, that's how I've found mine.
Posted By: jpb Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Floyd said he got a cortisone shot for hemmorhoids. Being in the truck all day takes a toll.

Thanks. sick laugh

Now I can't get this image out of my mind...

[Linked Image from s3.envato.com]

John
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Ws having a lot of trouble with a shoulder after a fall while working. After a couple months of this, I went to see a sports medicine doc. After seeing nothing on x-rays, but hearing the clicking when I raised that arm, he gave me a cortisone shot. He warned that it might burn for several hours. Never felt the needle with either the anesthetic shot, nor the cortisone shot. All I felt was a slight warmth at the site for a few minutes. No pain after that to now, a few years later.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
I also get shots when my back and nerves get bad.

Up to 2 a year.

They work or i would not go through the crap one has to go through to get them.
Don't know what is in the shot but it does wonder after a few days because most folks get to feeling like superman and think they are fixed.

Worst thing they can do.

Been doing them for 20 years.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Yep, had bursitis (inflammation) in my right shoulder. Cortisone shot + exercises (gym) sorted it out. The pain disappeared immediately with the shot. The docs also discovered a small tear in my rotator cuff, but doesn't matter and isn't causing any issues. Apparently, many (most?) older guys will have a tear in their rotator cuff without knowing it.
"Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.

I'd be willing to take that bet. My parents NEVER took me to the dentist for anything. I got an impacted molar pulled when I was 16 and I paid for it. I got a cavity between my 2 front teeth filled when I was 19 (that I paid for) and the shots he gave were incredibly painful. I cussed him out when he was through and never saw him again. I got another impacted molar removed by an Army dentist when I was 21 and he broke it off at the gum line and had to chisel it out but I don't recall the shot being painful.

When I got out of the Army and my employer bridged my time I was making enough money to have my teeth repaired. Starting at age 24 I had a LOT of dental work (which included braces) over the next 2 years. Except for the braces all the repair work was done by the same dentist. The first thing I had repaired was the filing between my front teeth and there was NO PAIN from the shots. This dentist pulled ALL FOUR of my wisdom teeth in his office one day after hours so I wouldn't have to take off work. He was done by about 6:30 pm and NONE of the shots hurt. I wasn't given any pain medication or a prescription for any. He called me that night at 9:00 to check on me and I was ok except of a little aching pain. I got up the next morning ate breakfast and was at work by 7:00. I had a little soreness but no swelling. Nobody believed I had my wisdom teeth pulled until I showed them the holes.

My teeth were in good shape after all that work but over the years I've had some filings replaced/teeth capped and had a bridge replaced a couple of years ago (when I was 74) . The all gold bridge I had put in in 1969 cost me $150, the replacement (not gold) cost about $2700. I had my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and the cute blond that cleaned them told me I teeth should last a long time and keep doing what I'm going. To me there is more discomfort when getting your teeth cleaned then dental work so I find a good gentle dental hygienist and stick with her.

I haven't had a painful shot since I was 19 and had that filing between my front teeth. There are a lot of good pain free dentists out and you just need to find one. When I say pain free I mean exactly that, no pain at all. Ask your friends, that's how I've found mine.

Your nerve system must be something extremely special. Other than that I think you are exaggerating .
ALOT.......

Btdt all similar things.
Braces as a kid
Teeth removed to have em put in
Fillings
Extractions
Kid stuff
Had 3 different dentist and one orthidontist in maine

Join army in 83 retire in 08

Cleanings , fillings ect ect ect

4 impacted growing forward wisdom teeth
Scapels , dremel grinding away jaw bone
Bone smoke rolling outta my mouth
Chisel em out. With a horse hide mallet
Opened hard pallet into sinus cavity
Oral surgery to repair that
Tmj from jawbone being fractured left side from wisdom tooth removal, horse hide mallet and chisel whacking tooth out schit

Cleanings , fillings, repacking fillings
Ect ect ect

Retire
Have had 2 dentist since

Now peridontal issues.
Flare ups in gums ( anyone that has had those, knows pain)
Extractions, debriding
Root planning and scaling

Still got ya beat on the # of dentist.
By far...............

24 yrs in army, 11 duty stations.

Just imagine the number of dentist i went through during that time frame world wide....

I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.

I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect.

I win the number of dentist contest...........
Posted By: cruzerbotz Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/26/19
Cortisone in the knee twenty years ago. No real pain and no issue. In the ankle about eighteen years ago. Again, no pain or issue. Both knees replaced ten years ago. Last couple of years the left one has gotten worse and worse. Can't even bend it 90 degrees. Went to the doc's PA three weeks ago. X-ray and then blood work to check for infection. No sign of infection, but knee was swollen and actual doc wanted to get fluid sample to make sure no infection. PA tried to get fluid a week ago Monday. Was like an ice pick in my knee. No fluid to get. Doc saw on the x-rays that the plastic pad was thinner than the right knee, so it was wearing. Saw the actual doc on Monday. He tried for fluid and there was none. Little bit of pain with the needle, but had him numb it first. Now I'm scheduled for Jan 8 for him to go back in and replace the plastic pad/bearing. Will check everything else while in there.

As many times as they've been in my knees, should have just put a zipper in them.

Your nerve system must be something extremely special. Other than that I think you are exaggerating .
ALOT.......

Btdt all similar things.
Braces as a kid
Fillings
Extractions
Kid stuff

Tmj from jawbone being fractured left side from wisdom tooth removal, horse hide mallet and chisel whacking tooth out schit

Ect ect ect

Retire
Have had 2 dentist since

Now peridontal issues.
Extractions, debriding

By far...............

Just imagine the number of dentist i went through during that time frame world wide....

I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.

I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect.

This turned into a "i bet i've brushed my teeth less than anyone of this forum contest

πŸ˜‚Hahaha

"Chisled em out with a horse hide mallet"

You got some Medieval Miracle Max on your dental team???

laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][url=

ALOT.......

Btdt all similar things.
Braces as a kid
Fillings
Extractions
Kid stuff

Ect ect ect

Retire
Have had 2 dentist since

Now peridontal issues.
Extractions, debriding

By far...............

This turned into a "i bet i've brushed my teeth less than anyone of this forum contest

πŸ˜‚Hahaha

"Chisled em out with a horse hide mallet"

You got some Medieval Miracle Max on your dental team???

laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][url=

Lol!!!

Told ya my wisdom teeth experience with major brown aka butcher von brown when i was in germany.

Dude put the hate in me for dentist since age 23.

LOL!!!

Dentist are sadist man....

I pre medicate with a couple of xanax and my stash of hydrocodone

Then ask for nitrous (extra $25)

Hahaha

I started hittin on the red head assitant after that nitrous kicked in.

Have to be careful, you'll start thinking out loud πŸ˜„
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
PRP Injections are what I recomend
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
I pre medicate with a couple of xanax and my stash of hydrocodone

Then ask for nitrous (extra $25)

Hahaha

I started hittin on the red head assitant after that nitrous kicked in.

Have to be careful, you'll start thinking out loud πŸ˜„

I asked for nitrous once.
They couldnt do it cause one of the assitants in the office was prego.

Said i could reschedule for a day she didnt work.

I made a offhand comment they didnt like
"Her baby come out acting like don rickles if she gets a whiff of the gas or something"

Dentist.....
No sense of humor at all......
Posted By: victoro Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
"I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.
I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect."

If you keep going to dentists that give you painful shots you'll keep getting those painful shots. There's plenty of dentists around that know how to give painless shots. It sounds like you don't take very good are of your teeth/gums or you are/were a smoker. My Mother (a smoker) had lost all her teeth from gum disease by the time she was 50.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
Wabigoon: I have posted this here before in the past.
I tore up and broke my left knee 22 years ago and the resulting operation was only partially and temporarily successful!
The extremely experienced Doctor who performed the original operation on my knee told me he was about certain I would have troubles with that knee later in life.
Later came about 16 years later when injury induced arthritis and deterioration of the knee and meniscus started causing me pain then extreme pain then excruciating pain!
Finally I began receiving Cortisone injections in my "bad" knee at a new Doctors suggestion about 4 years ago.
My first injection was nothing short of miraculous!
In fact I remember it as if it were yesterday!
I had driven myself to Missoula, Montana where my "knee specialist" Doctor practiced. It was February and snowing but I wore my Carhart short pants to the appointment (so I would not have to disrobe for the injection!).
Yikes I said at the injection, deep into the middle of my knee.
I left the office and drove one mile to the Cost-Co store where I was to do my shopping.
As I exited my car in the snowstorm with my short pants on I must have been a sight as I walked across the parking lot toward the store, crying!
The crying was due to the INCREDIBLE relief of the long term agonizing pain being COMPLETELY gone, in that knee!
I had no idea how much relief of pain I would encounter, due to that one shot!
Cortisone does nothing to CORRECT joint problems, I have been told, but it does relieve pain and allows for pain free movement.
If your pain is relieved one tenth as much as mine was it will be worth your while.
I received about 3 or 4 more Cortisone shots over the next 3 1/2 years until my knee Doctor did a complete knee replacement on that knee.
I wish you best of luck with your shoulder.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
"I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.
I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect."

If you keep going to dentists that give you painful shots you'll keep getting those painful shots. There's plenty of dentists around that know how to give painless shots. It sounds like you don't take very good are of your teeth/gums or you are/were a smoker. My Mother (a smoker) had lost all her teeth from gum disease by the time she was 50.

Still win # of dentist seen over you!!!
And you are speculating the rest hoping for some namby pamby picking point to win some sorta of smug game....

Aint seen alot of people rush to your dentist shots in the mouth aint painful claim either.
I think you was kinda wishing for that to happen also.
As some sort of gotcha type of thing.

Anyone offering a veiw after this on that subject is nullified as far as im concerned ,cause they are just trying to get a shot in on mean ole renegade50 anyways is how i will see it.

Too late for ya victoro....

Just cause your old dont mean your wise.

I dont buy into that myth one bit.
LOL!!!!
Posted By: Reba Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
Better look up the side effects before you do it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
They put that 20% benzocaine on a q-tip before the shot. I helps some.

I acquired a few little bottles of strawberry flavored benzocaine. I put some of that on a guy's hamburger back at a jobsite.
Muffuggah was all '"sss sssssppp sppppo sombody put sssssommpppp on mmmmmmm mmy ssssaaaassammmmitxh"

πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Posted By: javman Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/27/19
Plasma injection or BPC 157! Used BPC 157 in my bad shoulder and I'm gtg now!
They put that 20% benzocaine on a q-tip before the shot. I helps some.

I acquired a few little bottles of strawberry flavored benzocaine. I put some of that on a guy's hamburger back at a jobsite.
Muffuggah was all '"sss sssssppp sppppo sombody put sssssommpppp on mmmmmmm mmy ssssaaaassammmmitxh"

πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Im a big baby who cant find dr zhivago dds........
Lol!!!
Posted By: reivertom Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/28/19
I get them in my Cervical Spine every 6 months or so. They tamp down the pain in my neck and upper back and keep it under control.
Posted By: Alruner Re: Corisone Shots? - 09/28/19
I recently had two cortisone shots. One in each shoulder for bi-lateral rotator cuff tears. The needle hurt a bit when it hit "home", but
nothing like the pain I have been dealing with for the better part of a year. I have previously been to several Orthopedist. Most
focused on my neck/spine (Spinal Stenosis ) as the cause of my problem, in spite of my MRI showing no significant Spinal
Stenosis. They ignored my rotator cuff tears. One of them wanted to scrape the arthritis off my spinal column, and another wanted to
put rods down my neck.!! A third one, a Neurosurgeon said I don't need surgery, just physical therapy. Quite a large gap between
their opinions."Who do you trust" ???

Thankfully, I held off on surgery. The last Orthopedist suggested trying Cortisone, stating if that doesn't work, at least we've eliminated
one of the possibilities. About 4 days after getting the shots I felt much better, and 10 days later I still feel better. Not 100%
but I have a large part of my life back. He thinks physical therapy will help build muscle strength, to help the torn rotator cuffs.
I hope it works!

Note: After the shots my blood pressure went as high as 190/90,, not a good sign for a 75 year old heart patient. several days later I am 120/82..

I hope this helps any of you trying to cope with similar heath issues..
The best to all of you!
© 24hourcampfire