Campfire Kahuna
Mobile oral surgical suite in the living room

Your screams will be muffled with a beach towel

😂😂

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Corisone (cortisone) shots are cortisteroids, in that group, not cortisol (hydrocortisone) which is produced in the body.

cortisol is released by the body each nite during Circadian rhythm and falls off drastically about 2 o'clock in the afternoon, thats why you feel like your ass is dragging.

high levels of cortisol (Cortisone is a pharma trade name) over time can cause renal stress, high blood pressure, and diabetes

the steroids used for the shots have very long half life and miminc these symptoms. thats why the docs don't give them back to back.

if you're get them might want to look into two things

take a supplement call Resveratrol

look into more modern medical approaches, cortisone shots are 1980 medicine.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Aint no way pingerella is getting around me with dental anything.

Hahahahaha!!!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Many cortisone shots —hips, back,knees etc.
I’m here to tell you , that if they ever mention the elbow,
RUN. Dr told me , if I had told you before hand, you wouldn’t have let me do it! To his credit, with thearpy and rest, I haven’t had to have surgery....

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.
They all fugging hurt giving shots dude.."

I'd be willing to take that bet. My parents NEVER took me to the dentist for anything. I got an impacted molar pulled when I was 16 and I paid for it. I got a cavity between my 2 front teeth filled when I was 19 (that I paid for) and the shots he gave were incredibly painful. I cussed him out when he was through and never saw him again. I got another impacted molar removed by an Army dentist when I was 21 and he broke it off at the gum line and had to chisel it out but I don't recall the shot being painful.

When I got out of the Army and my employer bridged my time I was making enough money to have my teeth repaired. Starting at age 24 I had a LOT of dental work (which included braces) over the next 2 years. Except for the braces all the repair work was done by the same dentist. The first thing I had repaired was the filing between my front teeth and there was NO PAIN from the shots. This dentist pulled ALL FOUR of my wisdom teeth in his office one day after hours so I wouldn't have to take off work. He was done by about 6:30 pm and NONE of the shots hurt. I wasn't given any pain medication or a prescription for any. He called me that night at 9:00 to check on me and I was ok except of a little aching pain. I got up the next morning ate breakfast and was at work by 7:00. I had a little soreness but no swelling. Nobody believed I had my wisdom teeth pulled until I showed them the holes.

My teeth were in good shape after all that work but over the years I've had some filings replaced/teeth capped and had a bridge replaced a couple of years ago (when I was 74) . The all gold bridge I had put in in 1969 cost me $150, the replacement (not gold) cost about $2700. I had my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and the cute blond that cleaned them told me I teeth should last a long time and keep doing what I'm going. To me there is more discomfort when getting your teeth cleaned then dental work so I find a good gentle dental hygienist and stick with her.

I haven't had a painful shot since I was 19 and had that filing between my front teeth. There are a lot of good pain free dentists out and you just need to find one. When I say pain free I mean exactly that, no pain at all. Ask your friends, that's how I've found mine.

Last edited by victoro; 09/26/19.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Floyd said he got a cortisone shot for hemmorhoids. Being in the truck all day takes a toll.

Thanks. sick laugh

Now I can't get this image out of my mind...

[Linked Image from s3.envato.com]

John

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ws having a lot of trouble with a shoulder after a fall while working. After a couple months of this, I went to see a sports medicine doc. After seeing nothing on x-rays, but hearing the clicking when I raised that arm, he gave me a cortisone shot. He warned that it might burn for several hours. Never felt the needle with either the anesthetic shot, nor the cortisone shot. All I felt was a slight warmth at the site for a few minutes. No pain after that to now, a few years later.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I also get shots when my back and nerves get bad.

Up to 2 a year.

They work or i would not go through the crap one has to go through to get them.
Don't know what is in the shot but it does wonder after a few days because most folks get to feeling like superman and think they are fixed.

Worst thing they can do.

Been doing them for 20 years.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yep, had bursitis (inflammation) in my right shoulder. Cortisone shot + exercises (gym) sorted it out. The pain disappeared immediately with the shot. The docs also discovered a small tear in my rotator cuff, but doesn't matter and isn't causing any issues. Apparently, many (most?) older guys will have a tear in their rotator cuff without knowing it.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by victoro
"Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.

I'd be willing to take that bet. My parents NEVER took me to the dentist for anything. I got an impacted molar pulled when I was 16 and I paid for it. I got a cavity between my 2 front teeth filled when I was 19 (that I paid for) and the shots he gave were incredibly painful. I cussed him out when he was through and never saw him again. I got another impacted molar removed by an Army dentist when I was 21 and he broke it off at the gum line and had to chisel it out but I don't recall the shot being painful.

When I got out of the Army and my employer bridged my time I was making enough money to have my teeth repaired. Starting at age 24 I had a LOT of dental work (which included braces) over the next 2 years. Except for the braces all the repair work was done by the same dentist. The first thing I had repaired was the filing between my front teeth and there was NO PAIN from the shots. This dentist pulled ALL FOUR of my wisdom teeth in his office one day after hours so I wouldn't have to take off work. He was done by about 6:30 pm and NONE of the shots hurt. I wasn't given any pain medication or a prescription for any. He called me that night at 9:00 to check on me and I was ok except of a little aching pain. I got up the next morning ate breakfast and was at work by 7:00. I had a little soreness but no swelling. Nobody believed I had my wisdom teeth pulled until I showed them the holes.

My teeth were in good shape after all that work but over the years I've had some filings replaced/teeth capped and had a bridge replaced a couple of years ago (when I was 74) . The all gold bridge I had put in in 1969 cost me $150, the replacement (not gold) cost about $2700. I had my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and the cute blond that cleaned them told me I teeth should last a long time and keep doing what I'm going. To me there is more discomfort when getting your teeth cleaned then dental work so I find a good gentle dental hygienist and stick with her.

I haven't had a painful shot since I was 19 and had that filing between my front teeth. There are a lot of good pain free dentists out and you just need to find one. When I say pain free I mean exactly that, no pain at all. Ask your friends, that's how I've found mine.

Your nerve system must be something extremely special. Other than that I think you are exaggerating .
ALOT.......

Btdt all similar things.
Braces as a kid
Teeth removed to have em put in
Fillings
Extractions
Kid stuff
Had 3 different dentist and one orthidontist in maine

Join army in 83 retire in 08

Cleanings , fillings ect ect ect

4 impacted growing forward wisdom teeth
Scapels , dremel grinding away jaw bone
Bone smoke rolling outta my mouth
Chisel em out. With a horse hide mallet
Opened hard pallet into sinus cavity
Oral surgery to repair that
Tmj from jawbone being fractured left side from wisdom tooth removal, horse hide mallet and chisel whacking tooth out schit

Cleanings , fillings, repacking fillings
Ect ect ect

Retire
Have had 2 dentist since

Now peridontal issues.
Flare ups in gums ( anyone that has had those, knows pain)
Extractions, debriding
Root planning and scaling

Still got ya beat on the # of dentist.
By far...............

24 yrs in army, 11 duty stations.

Just imagine the number of dentist i went through during that time frame world wide....

I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.

I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect.

I win the number of dentist contest...........

Last edited by renegade50; 09/26/19.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Cortisone in the knee twenty years ago. No real pain and no issue. In the ankle about eighteen years ago. Again, no pain or issue. Both knees replaced ten years ago. Last couple of years the left one has gotten worse and worse. Can't even bend it 90 degrees. Went to the doc's PA three weeks ago. X-ray and then blood work to check for infection. No sign of infection, but knee was swollen and actual doc wanted to get fluid sample to make sure no infection. PA tried to get fluid a week ago Monday. Was like an ice pick in my knee. No fluid to get. Doc saw on the x-rays that the plastic pad was thinner than the right knee, so it was wearing. Saw the actual doc on Monday. He tried for fluid and there was none. Little bit of pain with the needle, but had him numb it first. Now I'm scheduled for Jan 8 for him to go back in and replace the plastic pad/bearing. Will check everything else while in there.

As many times as they've been in my knees, should have just put a zipper in them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50

Your nerve system must be something extremely special. Other than that I think you are exaggerating .
ALOT.......

Btdt all similar things.
Braces as a kid
Fillings
Extractions
Kid stuff

Tmj from jawbone being fractured left side from wisdom tooth removal, horse hide mallet and chisel whacking tooth out schit

Ect ect ect

Retire
Have had 2 dentist since

Now peridontal issues.
Extractions, debriding

By far...............

Just imagine the number of dentist i went through during that time frame world wide....

I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.

I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect.

This turned into a "i bet i've brushed my teeth less than anyone of this forum contest

😂Hahaha

"Chisled em out with a horse hide mallet"

You got some Medieval Miracle Max on your dental team???

laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][url=

Last edited by slumlord; 09/26/19.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

ALOT.......

Btdt all similar things.
Braces as a kid
Fillings
Extractions
Kid stuff

Ect ect ect

Retire
Have had 2 dentist since

Now peridontal issues.
Extractions, debriding

By far...............

This turned into a "i bet i've brushed my teeth less than anyone of this forum contest

😂Hahaha

"Chisled em out with a horse hide mallet"

You got some Medieval Miracle Max on your dental team???

laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][url=

Lol!!!

Told ya my wisdom teeth experience with major brown aka butcher von brown when i was in germany.

Dude put the hate in me for dentist since age 23.

LOL!!!

Dentist are sadist man....

Last edited by renegade50; 09/26/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I pre medicate with a couple of xanax and my stash of hydrocodone

Then ask for nitrous (extra $25)

Hahaha

I started hittin on the red head assitant after that nitrous kicked in.

Have to be careful, you'll start thinking out loud 😄

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
PRP Injections are what I recomend

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I pre medicate with a couple of xanax and my stash of hydrocodone

Then ask for nitrous (extra $25)

Hahaha

I started hittin on the red head assitant after that nitrous kicked in.

Have to be careful, you'll start thinking out loud 😄

I asked for nitrous once.
They couldnt do it cause one of the assitants in the office was prego.

Said i could reschedule for a day she didnt work.

I made a offhand comment they didnt like
"Her baby come out acting like don rickles if she gets a whiff of the gas or something"

Dentist.....
No sense of humor at all......

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.
I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect."

If you keep going to dentists that give you painful shots you'll keep getting those painful shots. There's plenty of dentists around that know how to give painless shots. It sounds like you don't take very good are of your teeth/gums or you are/were a smoker. My Mother (a smoker) had lost all her teeth from gum disease by the time she was 50.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Wabigoon: I have posted this here before in the past.
I tore up and broke my left knee 22 years ago and the resulting operation was only partially and temporarily successful!
The extremely experienced Doctor who performed the original operation on my knee told me he was about certain I would have troubles with that knee later in life.
Later came about 16 years later when injury induced arthritis and deterioration of the knee and meniscus started causing me pain then extreme pain then excruciating pain!
Finally I began receiving Cortisone injections in my "bad" knee at a new Doctors suggestion about 4 years ago.
My first injection was nothing short of miraculous!
In fact I remember it as if it were yesterday!
I had driven myself to Missoula, Montana where my "knee specialist" Doctor practiced. It was February and snowing but I wore my Carhart short pants to the appointment (so I would not have to disrobe for the injection!).
Yikes I said at the injection, deep into the middle of my knee.
I left the office and drove one mile to the Cost-Co store where I was to do my shopping.
As I exited my car in the snowstorm with my short pants on I must have been a sight as I walked across the parking lot toward the store, crying!
The crying was due to the INCREDIBLE relief of the long term agonizing pain being COMPLETELY gone, in that knee!
I had no idea how much relief of pain I would encounter, due to that one shot!
Cortisone does nothing to CORRECT joint problems, I have been told, but it does relieve pain and allows for pain free movement.
If your pain is relieved one tenth as much as mine was it will be worth your while.
I received about 3 or 4 more Cortisone shots over the next 3 1/2 years until my knee Doctor did a complete knee replacement on that knee.
I wish you best of luck with your shoulder.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"I have never not had a shot that didnt hurt going in until after the numbing effect settled in.
I think your being facetious about never having a shot that didnt cause pain 1st going in till the numbing took effect."

If you keep going to dentists that give you painful shots you'll keep getting those painful shots. There's plenty of dentists around that know how to give painless shots. It sounds like you don't take very good are of your teeth/gums or you are/were a smoker. My Mother (a smoker) had lost all her teeth from gum disease by the time she was 50.

Still win # of dentist seen over you!!!
And you are speculating the rest hoping for some namby pamby picking point to win some sorta of smug game....

Aint seen alot of people rush to your dentist shots in the mouth aint painful claim either.
I think you was kinda wishing for that to happen also.
As some sort of gotcha type of thing.

Anyone offering a veiw after this on that subject is nullified as far as im concerned ,cause they are just trying to get a shot in on mean ole renegade50 anyways is how i will see it.

Too late for ya victoro....

Just cause your old dont mean your wise.

I dont buy into that myth one bit.
LOL!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,464
Posts18,471,337
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.