Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I had a steroid shot in my right knee about month ago. The shot hurt worse than my knee did. For the first 4-5 days, it did nothing to help, then it did. A week ago, though, my leg got super sensitive to cramping, particularly when I was trying to sleep. I hate cramps as they really hurt and are hard to get rid of. I haven't seen the doc yet but will in a week or two. Ultimately, knee replacement surgery will be done on the right knee.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Be very careful if you're diabetic and get cortisone. My sugars went above 300 and were hard to get back down.

On top of the shots not really helping.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Be very careful if you're diabetic and get cortisone. My sugars went above 300 and were hard to get back down.

On top of the shots not really helping.

That's an excellent tip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had enough cortisone shot in me to float a boat. I had problems with my feet for years, and had shots in the heel hoping to avoid the surgery. Finally had the surgery.

I have had shots in my shoulders, both of them, for the past 15 years or so. They work. I get one now about every year.

The most painful shot of any kind I've ever had was a cortisone shot in my thumb. The doctor advised a surgical procedure that would eliminate the pain I was having, but said we should try a shot first as they sometimes helped. I told him later, that if I could have felt like smacking the chit out of him during the shot, I would have. The shot hurt me a hundred more than the pain the thumb was giving me, and to top it all off, the shot only lasted about 6 weeks, after which I went ahead and had the surgery.

In short, the shots in the shoulder are the only ones I've had that seemed to last any length of time.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm scheduled to get a cortisone shot in my right shoulder. I've had one in my left shoulder about ten years back. Two , or three in my lower back. It's only a short pain killer, but I hope it helps out some.

Any other old guys have the shots?

Multiple-- back, hip, shoulder. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not. If you need shoulder replacement it may delay the time for surgery. If it's rotator cuff it probably won't.
Hope it helps you.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Getting a novacaine shot for dental work is worse."

You need to find a different dentist if you experience ANY pain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Had more of those in my knees than I can remember, before dual TKR's. Used to get them every 6 months. When they start lasting less than that, my Doc wouldn't give them more frequently, so it was time for something more drastic. I hate needles.

I hear you. Had my firearm/ elbow done fir baseball years ago. About ten years ago had both firearms done again for dentistry.

Worked like a charm both sessions

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I've had 8 cortisone shots (that I can remember) and had no pain other than a little when the needle first penetrated the skin. I had 2 shots in my right index finger a few weeks apart and the Doc said that a lot of people can't take the pain of a shot in their fingers. I felt some pressure but no pain. I suspect that when people experience a painful cortisone shot the Doc hit a nerve.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by victoro
"Getting a novacaine shot for dental work is worse."

You need to find a different dentist if you experience ANY pain.

Thank you.....

I will go dentist shopping now for the pain free guy.
Only ever had 1 dentist in my entire life of 56 years so far.
Never been anywhere cept hometown USA....
My dentist is now 93 yrs old .
Not the same 40 some odd yr old dude he was in 1970 when i was 7.

Anyone else not feel intial pain from a shot at dentist
Even if they use numbing gel beforehand.

Must be just me ....
Huh........
crazy

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

I don't think it's you at all. If the dentist does it right there is NO pain unless the dentist just crams the needle in all the way after the gums are numb. A good dentist will ease the needle in a little at a time.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

If it is cortisone, that is not a long term solution, the idea, as I understand it, is to reduce swelling so it can heal.

triamcinolone or betamethosone are chemical analogs of the cortisol made by your body used in the shots. the chemical modifications give them a "time release" profile.

all of this group stop any healing process, by stopping the inflammation . Inflammation is necessary for the healing process, as it starts a cascade of events, from removing the protective "scar" tissues , to starting interferon flow into the area etc.

If the injury is localized, get an RX for testosterone cream, and rub it on the area. The local conversion by the bodies hormones to estradiol will re-establish the vascular network locally increasing the blood flow.

Get some ozone shots to start the healing process.

If your in the older group your thyroid is low, this is needed to bring the metabolism of your healing system back up

And if you can afford it, get HGH shots. (human growth hormone)

Last edited by Etoh; 09/26/19.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

I don't think it's you at all. If the dentist does it right there is NO pain unless the dentist just crams the needle in all the way after the gums are numb. A good dentist will ease the needle in a little at a time.

What are you smoking man????

That schitt hurts going in no matter what until the numbing effect begins.
Even if numbing gel is used prior to the shot and mother theresa is doing it.
Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.
They all fugging hurt giving shots dude....

LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 09/26/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had cortisone last year in my shoulder. I had a lot of pain for 2 days after the shot, then it was cured like a miracle. I thought I tore the rotor cuff, but the shot cured it. Amazing.

I am scheduling the hydraclonic acid shots for my knees for hunting season. Both shots suck because they shoot in a ton of fluid like grease. My doctor uses freeze spray to deaden the pain, but is still feels creepy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had a pile of them. They have made a huge difference for me. I had one doctor bend a needle in my shoulder and another time I started laughing so hard while the needle was in me that the doctor let it go

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm scheduled to get a cortisone shot in my right shoulder. I've had one in my left shoulder about ten years back. Two , or three in my lower back. It's only a short pain killer, but I hope it helps out some.

Yep - two, inside of 6 weeks on my RH shoulder... Didn't do much.... So I'm on ibuprofin 3X/day trying to keep the pain down a bit..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yep - two, inside of 6 weeks on my RH shoulder... Didn't do much.... So I'm on ibuprofin 3X/day trying to keep the pain down a bit..

Did they guide your injections with an xray?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

What are you smoking man????

That schitt hurts going in no matter what until the numbing effect begins.
Even if numbing gel is used prior to the shot and mother theresa is doing it.
Im willing to bet i have been to more dentist on this planet than 98% of the people on it have had.
They all fugging hurt giving shots dude....

LOL!!!

All? All?
Never been to my office, now have you?

Some are better at it than others. What you use and how you administer it makes a difference.
Some areas are easier to work on than others.😉

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mixed results for me. I had one in my knee that helped for a while, but the shots in my hip really did not work.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

My dentist never hurts me,

It's my wife

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
"Must be just me ....
Huh........"

My dentist never hurts me,

It's my wife

Please......
She is your hygenist and her moms jb weld rotting toof repairer....

Tell us about the dr carter experince couple yrs ago.

Lol!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 09/26/19.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 37 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,156
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.