Home
My daughter Kenzi had her first hunt of the fall this past weekend; and what a hunt it was! Kenzi was the guest of Life and Liberty Outdoors (lifeandlibertyoutdoors.com) in the Texas panhandle, where they do hunts for wounded veterans and disabled individuals. Kenzi had the opportunity to hunt in hopes of taking aoudad sheep and also looking for fallow does or red deer hind (female).

We arrived Friday afternoon to temperatures of 95 degrees, thankfully windy. We hunted Friday afternoon and saw none of the species we were after; we awoke to thunder and lightning early Saturday morning and Kenzi got to sleep in a little while longer which she didn't mind at all. We got back out a little after 8:00 a.m. and spent the morning again not seeing any of our targeted species. Knowing that our hunt was now half over, I started feeling that as is often the case, this may be a time where it doesn't all come together.

But there are also those cases where it does take a turn and it all comes together! Early afternoon found us watching a small herd of aoudad with a magnificent old ram in the group heading up the hillside. With our 3 person team of Wiley aiming, me helping Kenzi with the toggle safety and vacuum tube, and Kenzi firing the rifle by using the vacuum activated trigger system (sucking on the vacuum hose). The ram was at 204 yards and just stopping at the crest of the hill when Kenzi fired the rifle; the ram piled up after going over the crest.

Late the next morning found us looking at a red deer hind at about 50 - 60 yards. Again, teamwork paid off and the hind was loaded for the trip back to the lodge!

The accommodations, food, and company were top notch. We never went hungry and ate extremely well thanks to all of the great cooking. Matt Hicks had all of the details set for us before our arrival and the weekend went off without a hitch. To say Kenzi didn't have a good time is an understatement; she helped fill the freezer and we enjoyed some of her red deer this evening that we processed and put in the freezer this evening.

Thank you to Life and Liberty Outdoors and all of those who were behind the scenes and helped make this trip possible for Kenzi!

Attached picture 20190928_134450.jpg
Attached picture 20190928_134703.jpg
Attached picture 20190928_134612.jpg
Attached picture 20190928_183319.jpg
Attached picture 20190929_112957.jpg
Good for her!

Love the smiles! smile
good deal
Wow, incredible. Thanks for sharing.
congrats to your daughter and thank you to Life and Liberty Outdoors for making it happen..

and thank you for posting...along with the pics.

a nice feel good story for a Sunday morning...

cheers and best regards....

Great story and great memories
Congrats once again to Kenzi!! She is turning into quite a hunter!! Great job all and thanks for sharing.
Great story! Congrats the Her and all involved
Simply awesome!!!!!
Congratulations to you and your daughter. That is awesome.
Is a memory that will never fade, very well done!
Awesome! Congratulations to the young lady and to all of you for helping to make that happen. Great memories for all involved!
Originally Posted by tulsaburnside
My daughter Kenzi had her first hunt of the fall this past weekend; and what a hunt it was! Kenzi was the guest of Life and Liberty Outdoors (lifeandlibertyoutdoors.com) in the Texas panhandle, where they do hunts for wounded veterans and disabled individuals. Kenzi had the opportunity to hunt in hopes of taking aoudad sheep and also looking for fallow does or red deer hind (female).

We arrived Friday afternoon to temperatures of 95 degrees, thankfully windy. We hunted Friday afternoon and saw none of the species we were after; we awoke to thunder and lightning early Saturday morning and Kenzi got to sleep in a little while longer which she didn't mind at all. We got back out a little after 8:00 a.m. and spent the morning again not seeing any of our targeted species. Knowing that our hunt was now half over, I started feeling that as is often the case, this may be a time where it doesn't all come together.

But there are also those cases where it does take a turn and it all comes together! Early afternoon found us watching a small herd of aoudad with a magnificent old ram in the group heading up the hillside. With our 3 person team of Wiley aiming, me helping Kenzi with the toggle safety and vacuum tube, and Kenzi firing the rifle by using the vacuum activated trigger system (sucking on the vacuum hose). The ram was at 204 yards and just stopping at the crest of the hill when Kenzi fired the rifle; the ram piled up after going over the crest.

Late the next morning found us looking at a red deer hind at about 50 - 60 yards. Again, teamwork paid off and the hind was loaded for the trip back to the lodge!

The accommodations, food, and company were top notch. We never went hungry and ate extremely well thanks to all of the great cooking. Matt Hicks had all of the details set for us before our arrival and the weekend went off without a hitch. To say Kenzi didn't have a good time is an understatement; she helped fill the freezer and we enjoyed some of her red deer this evening that we processed and put in the freezer this evening.

Thank you to Life and Liberty Outdoors and all of those who were behind the scenes and helped make this trip possible for Kenzi!

Tell your lass from me and mine...well done.
Excellent.

Occasional post like this keeps things in perspective.
AWESOME!
Congratulations of a wonderful lifetime memory!

Thanks, for sharing.
Very cool!

[Linked Image]

To me there is something very special about a parent of a disabled child that spends time with said child, a lot don't.

You're a good man TBS, tell your daughter she's freaking awesome!!
Good job Dad and Daughter both!
That is heartwarming! Thanks for sharing your story, There is a donate button at the bottom of Life and Liberty's home page. I just dropped $50 on them. Sure seems like a worthwhile cause.

http://lifeandlibertyoutdoors.com/
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Very cool!

[Linked Image]

To me there is something very special about a parent of a disabled child that spends time with said child, a lot don't.

He is better than "a good man"...he is a Dad.
FANTASTIC!!!
Awesome. Hunting with my kids is great. I'm glad that she had the opportunity.
Congrats to the young lady! smile
Great hunt and trophy! What caliber was her rifle? I shot my one only Aoudad near Sanderson, Tx. He was an old Billy...and stunk, ha!
OUTSTANDING!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Simply awesome!!!!!

Couldn’t have said it better.

Threads like this are just humbling in the face of such heroism.
That's what I like to see....
Outstanding.
A Big COMGRATS to Kenzi and yourself! Great post!
What a wonderful job. Love hearing the story and seeing the pictures. Glad she got a nice one. Congratulations to the young lady.
Tip of my hat to the young lady and everyone that made it happen.
Super! And a "bless you" to you and the team that put this together. Where there is a will there is a way.
Atta girl!
Congrats to Kenzi and the entire team.
An incredible experience for your daughter and for you. It's great that you could share it together.
Wow congratulations to Kenzi on a great hunt!
And great job to the folks who put this together for her and you being a great father.
Originally Posted by tulsaburnside

Great hunt and what a wonderful post! Made my day!!!
Well this is just fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Good job Dad and Daughter both!

^^^This^^^

Congratulations!!!
Very cool!
High 5. Awesome! 😎
Awesome!
Very cool!

[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

"Because I'm President and they're not".... DJT

#Walk Away and join the NRA.

12344Mag - Thank you for those kind words! She has made it easy by being such an adventurous person and appreciative of anything. I want her to have all of the memories she can store away for when the time comes that we can't do these things together.
Bud, thanks for that! I know every dollar sure does some good for those who have a hard time getting into or back into hunting in one shape or form.
Absolutely AWESOME!

Please pass on my congratulations to your inspirational daughter Kenzi and please accept a cyber hug from one dad to another.....that’s got to be the BEST hunt you’ve been on to date. 👍

Way to go DAD!
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Very cool!

[Linked Image]

That's an unfortunate truth there Paul, we saw it many times..

[font:Book Antiqua][/font] And the same thing Paul said.
Your daughter is lucky to have you, just like your lucky to have her. Love knows no bounds and it shows so clearly in your/her story and pictures.
Thumbs up.
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Great hunt and trophy! What caliber was her rifle? I shot my one only Aoudad near Sanderson, Tx. He was an old Billy...and stunk, ha!

It was a .270, going about 40 yards after the shot. And yes, he smelled rank too!
Awesome , congrats to Kenzi and the rest of the hunters !

Gitter done Kensi . . . . .
A huge congratulations to your Kenzi. The smile tells it all! It’s truly humbling to witness the strength and perseverance that she is showing. And a big thumbs-up to organizations and people that make these adventures available to those less fortunate than most of us. Again.....Congratulations memtb
These are the best stories there are. Congratulations to all!
Very Cool!! that is just too neat, what an experience!
The smile says it all
OP, your story put a big smile on my face too. Congrats on a very special hunt. Thanks for sharing and may God bless you both.
Great story , thanks for posting .
Outstanding job Kensi!Great photos, fantastic story thanks for posting.
What a smile, good for her! And it looks like she is happy and proud to have you for a dad.
Wow! Congrats. That is awesome!
Tulsaburnside: The smiles on your daughters face in pictures number 2, 3 and 5 made me cry.
Tears of happiness it seems to me (I am not used to that!) - I am so happy for your daughters obvious enjoyment of those Hunts.
Keep up the good work and please pass on my congratulations to your daughter.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Awesome & Congratulations!
Congrats to Kenzi ! Well done to Dad and the rest of the crew....
Congrats to Kenzi!!!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Tulsaburnside: The smiles on your daughters face in pictures number 2, 3 and 5 made me cry.
Tears of happiness it seems to me (I am not used to that!) - I am so happy for your daughters obvious enjoyment of those Hunts.
Keep up the good work and please pass on my congratulations to your daughter.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Bud, she is the happiest young lady there is; she is my daily inspiration. We leave Thursday to give her a chance at elk in southwest OK during one of their split rifle seasons for elk on private lands (escaped off Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge decades ago and have limited seasons for them to control growth). Then we are going to WY the following week for mule deer with a foundation; that was her dream hunt and they are providing the opportunity for her. I want to give her a lifetime of memories for that time when I can't do it for her anymore. I couldn't have had a better daughter.
© 24hourcampfire