Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
My daughter Kenzi had her first hunt of the fall this past weekend; and what a hunt it was! Kenzi was the guest of Life and Liberty Outdoors (lifeandlibertyoutdoors.com) in the Texas panhandle, where they do hunts for wounded veterans and disabled individuals. Kenzi had the opportunity to hunt in hopes of taking aoudad sheep and also looking for fallow does or red deer hind (female).

We arrived Friday afternoon to temperatures of 95 degrees, thankfully windy. We hunted Friday afternoon and saw none of the species we were after; we awoke to thunder and lightning early Saturday morning and Kenzi got to sleep in a little while longer which she didn't mind at all. We got back out a little after 8:00 a.m. and spent the morning again not seeing any of our targeted species. Knowing that our hunt was now half over, I started feeling that as is often the case, this may be a time where it doesn't all come together.

But there are also those cases where it does take a turn and it all comes together! Early afternoon found us watching a small herd of aoudad with a magnificent old ram in the group heading up the hillside. With our 3 person team of Wiley aiming, me helping Kenzi with the toggle safety and vacuum tube, and Kenzi firing the rifle by using the vacuum activated trigger system (sucking on the vacuum hose). The ram was at 204 yards and just stopping at the crest of the hill when Kenzi fired the rifle; the ram piled up after going over the crest.

Late the next morning found us looking at a red deer hind at about 50 - 60 yards. Again, teamwork paid off and the hind was loaded for the trip back to the lodge!

The accommodations, food, and company were top notch. We never went hungry and ate extremely well thanks to all of the great cooking. Matt Hicks had all of the details set for us before our arrival and the weekend went off without a hitch. To say Kenzi didn't have a good time is an understatement; she helped fill the freezer and we enjoyed some of her red deer this evening that we processed and put in the freezer this evening.

Thank you to Life and Liberty Outdoors and all of those who were behind the scenes and helped make this trip possible for Kenzi!

Attached Images
20190928_134450.jpg (36.23 KB, 814 downloads)
20190928_134703.jpg (32.35 KB, 803 downloads)
20190928_134612.jpg (34.44 KB, 879 downloads)
20190928_183319.jpg (18.62 KB, 761 downloads)
20190929_112957.jpg (27.52 KB, 726 downloads)

NRA Life Member
RMEF, QDMA
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good for her!

Love the smiles! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good deal

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wow, incredible. Thanks for sharing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
congrats to your daughter and thank you to Life and Liberty Outdoors for making it happen..

and thank you for posting...along with the pics.

a nice feel good story for a Sunday morning...

cheers and best regards....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Great story and great memories

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats once again to Kenzi!! She is turning into quite a hunter!! Great job all and thanks for sharing.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Great story! Congrats the Her and all involved

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Simply awesome!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Congratulations to you and your daughter. That is awesome.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is a memory that will never fade, very well done!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Awesome! Congratulations to the young lady and to all of you for helping to make that happen. Great memories for all involved!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tulsaburnside
My daughter Kenzi had her first hunt of the fall this past weekend; and what a hunt it was! Kenzi was the guest of Life and Liberty Outdoors (lifeandlibertyoutdoors.com) in the Texas panhandle, where they do hunts for wounded veterans and disabled individuals. Kenzi had the opportunity to hunt in hopes of taking aoudad sheep and also looking for fallow does or red deer hind (female).

We arrived Friday afternoon to temperatures of 95 degrees, thankfully windy. We hunted Friday afternoon and saw none of the species we were after; we awoke to thunder and lightning early Saturday morning and Kenzi got to sleep in a little while longer which she didn't mind at all. We got back out a little after 8:00 a.m. and spent the morning again not seeing any of our targeted species. Knowing that our hunt was now half over, I started feeling that as is often the case, this may be a time where it doesn't all come together.

But there are also those cases where it does take a turn and it all comes together! Early afternoon found us watching a small herd of aoudad with a magnificent old ram in the group heading up the hillside. With our 3 person team of Wiley aiming, me helping Kenzi with the toggle safety and vacuum tube, and Kenzi firing the rifle by using the vacuum activated trigger system (sucking on the vacuum hose). The ram was at 204 yards and just stopping at the crest of the hill when Kenzi fired the rifle; the ram piled up after going over the crest.

Late the next morning found us looking at a red deer hind at about 50 - 60 yards. Again, teamwork paid off and the hind was loaded for the trip back to the lodge!

The accommodations, food, and company were top notch. We never went hungry and ate extremely well thanks to all of the great cooking. Matt Hicks had all of the details set for us before our arrival and the weekend went off without a hitch. To say Kenzi didn't have a good time is an understatement; she helped fill the freezer and we enjoyed some of her red deer this evening that we processed and put in the freezer this evening.

Thank you to Life and Liberty Outdoors and all of those who were behind the scenes and helped make this trip possible for Kenzi!

Tell your lass from me and mine...well done.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Excellent.

Occasional post like this keeps things in perspective.

Last edited by ingwe; 10/06/19.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
AWESOME!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations of a wonderful lifetime memory!

Thanks, for sharing.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very cool!

[Linked Image]

To me there is something very special about a parent of a disabled child that spends time with said child, a lot don't.

You're a good man TBS, tell your daughter she's freaking awesome!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Good job Dad and Daughter both!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That is heartwarming! Thanks for sharing your story, There is a donate button at the bottom of Life and Liberty's home page. I just dropped $50 on them. Sure seems like a worthwhile cause.

http://lifeandlibertyoutdoors.com/

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Very cool!

[Linked Image]

To me there is something very special about a parent of a disabled child that spends time with said child, a lot don't.

You're a good man TBS, tell your daughter she's freaking awesome!!

He is better than "a good man"...he is a Dad.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.