Home
Trump tells the absolute truth about Afghanistan. Trump says exactly what millions of Americans have said about Afghanistan. The Deep State and the MSM is appalled. Voters will re-elect him because he speaks the truth.

You can also see why career Pentagon politico military people as well as Deep Staters don't like him. In this case, Trump really didn't want to here about what the "experts thought we needed to do for the benefit of our position in Afghanistan. that offends some of them. Some will claim Trump is "stupid" or and idiot. Nothing cound be further from the truth. Read the parts highlighted in red.
(Trolls FOAD)

Politics
'Who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?': Trump stunned officials with his comments during a military briefing, former aide says
Business Insider David Choi,Business Insider 3 hours ago

Donald Trump
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

President Donald Trump bemoaned a US-led coalition mission to provide aid to Afghanistan and derailed a meeting with top military officials last year, according to an upcoming book by an aide to former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.
"Seriously, who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?" Trump said, according to Guy Snodgrass, a retired US Navy commander and Mattis' former speechwriter. "So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."
Snodgrass, who was assisting Mattis with PowerPoint slides for the president, said he prepared his presentation by taking into account Trump's tendency to dislike slides with "too much information."
Instead of using complicated military information in the briefing, Snodgrass opted for the "more straightforward approach: just pictures," he said.

President Donald Trump bemoaned a US-led coalition mission to provide aid to Afghanistan and derailed a meeting with top military officials last year, according to an upcoming book by an aide to former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.
We never should have stayed in Afghanistan.
We should have killed all the Taliban we could and put some of the warlords in charge and said you figure it out.
If we have to come back and kill more of you we will.
Don't make us come back or you will regret it.
Trump is right, Who gives a flying fugg!!
Geopolitics. Apparently the great unwashed deplorables have no ability to understand it.

Basically, it boils down to “you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours and we’ll both get rich off the tax money we steal from the rubes”.
trump has always told the truth to a far degree greater than the other repub candidates and All of the demos combined.

what we're into is what the american public have said in their homes and at their work stations for a long time now.

we know the structure is not working as it should. he is offering us change. the whole world is changing.

maybe it's because of the 4 inch wobble at the poles, i don't know. but change is in the air for sure.
I agree whole totally. The only people that care about that hell hole are the contract companies making big money as long as we try to make a silk purse out of that sow's ear. I don't even think the majority of Afghans even care about having a country...they care more about their tribal areas than having a country.
George Bush made the world a safe place for Donald Trump, Ron Paul, and their siblings; trump may withdraw now. grin

I hope he knows those countries better than he knows his own

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/10/23/border-wall-colorado-trump
Afghanistan is a prime example of what happens when you do not fight to win!!
Originally Posted by Paul_M
We should have killed all the Taliban we could and put some of the warlords in charge and said you figure it out.

When I am king will you be my foreign policy adviser?? I would tweek it a bit (which is why you are adviser not king) IF we come back we kill you all...

While i have no direct quotr, im sure control of the intl drug trade via the poppies over there is ANOTHER reason we are still there subjecting our fighting men to harm
Originally Posted by hatari
Trump tells the absolute truth about Afghanistan. Trump says exactly what millions of Americans have said about Afghanistan. The Deep State and the MSM is appalled. Voters will re-elect him because he speaks the truth.

You can also see why career Pentagon politico military people as well as Deep Staters don't like him. In this case, Trump really didn't want to here about what the "experts thought we needed to do for the benefit of our position in Afghanistan. that offends some of them. Some will claim Trump is "stupid" or and idiot. Nothing cound be further from the truth. Read the parts highlighted in red.
(Trolls FOAD)

Politics
'Who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?': Trump stunned officials with his comments during a military briefing, former aide says

Donald Trump
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

"Seriously, who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?" Trump said, according to Guy Snodgrass, a retired US Navy commander and Mattis' former speechwriter. "So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."
Snodgrass, who was assisting Mattis with PowerPoint slides for the president, said he prepared his presentation by taking into account Trump's tendency to dislike slides with "too much information."
Instead of using complicated military information in the briefing, Snodgrass opted for the "more straightforward approach: just pictures," he said.

I've done tons of presentations in my first career and now it is my second career in hunter education in Alberta. NOBODY likes slides with too much writing or techno-jargon. NOBODY. For some speech writer to claim he tailored the PPP for Trump with mostly pictures(insinuating that he is dumb), that is what people want. If they have too read too much, they would rather read a book, than look at a slide full of writing and have someone yap at them.
There is nothing in Afghanistan worth one American life. Never has been, never will.
Once we knew they were allowing the 911 peo9ple to stay there we should have turned the place to glass then told the world that the next chithole that wants to kill Americans will get the same

Absolutely right and my thoughts all along.
There isn't one damn Afghani that's worth an American life!
Forget the nation building BS and dole out the punishment as required.
Originally Posted by slowmover12
There is nothing in Afghanistan worth one American life. Never has been, never will.

I thought we invaded because of this? Then they ran into Pakistan, or were caught, sent to gitmo, and released by Obama?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Actually Afghanistan is supposed to be full of rare earth elements, which I suspect is why they want to stay, hoping to control the access to them.
It is not worth our boys dying over there tho because they are still living like it is the 5th century
It will be a long time before it is stable enough to make it worth investing in any type of mining.
Actually Afghanistan is supposed to be full of rare earth elements, which I suspect is why they want to stay, hoping to control the access to them.

Are they already dug, or do folks have to dig em up?
Kicking ass in Afghanistan was the right thing to do. Staying and trying to turn them into good little Republicans was stupid; they don't want it (or not enough of them want it to make it work) and they're culturally not suited for it. Bomb, rinse, repeat as necessary, should be the policy for places like that.

I fell for the Iraq scam, along with Congress and a bunch of others. There just wasn't any real justification for that, unless you think it was worth all those lives and limbs, and American treasure to punish Saddam Hussein for trying to have Bush 1 killed, which I don't. The Israelis have the right idea about this stuff. Some of the people of Iraq may appreciate the new order, now that the power stays on most of the time, but thousands, likely tens or hundreds of thousands of their countrymen and kin died to establish that, which they're unlikely to forget or forgive. All praise and honor to our military for the job they did there, and a pox on the politicians and diplomats who failed to apply the lessons learned in previous wars and interfered with the process, resulting in unnecessary casualties. Throwing pallets of American dollars at people will never make them your friend or trustworthy allies, especially if you've just blown their country to schitt and killed their favorite uncle.

Trump is right to pull our troops out of Syria too. It may have been possible to do it in a way that would have been less dangerous for the Kurds, but it's done. The Yurrupeans, especially the Germans (go figure) are showing some interest in being the traffic cops in Syria, perhaps to train for the coming civil war to suppress dissenting member nations of the EU who might decide Brexit looks like a pretty good idea. Let them. We have all the oil we need; they should be the ones to protect their supply.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I thought we invaded because of this? Then they ran into Pakistan, or were caught, sent to gitmo, and released by Obama?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Perhaps we should've suspected, but were so shocked we looked away in horror and sadness.

But we shouldve invaded Washington Dc shortly here after. If the pols will attempt a coup of the Federal election process with the help of foreign intelligence services, then march and sow destruction throughout the ME to shake up the status quo, whats a few American lives as long as it galvanizes a Nation TENTATIVELY?
Now your talking wink
[quote]Actually Afghanistan is supposed to be full of rare earth elements, which I suspect is why they want to stay, hoping to control the access to them. [/quot

Are they already dug, or do folks have to dig em up?

Still in the ground. These rare earth elements are very important in the electronic industry.
Still in the ground. These rare earth elements are very important in the electronic industry.

The electronics industry is keeping our troops there? To dig minerals?
Trump is blunt which can be refreshing in life and politics but he does not tell the truth. I don't think he's capable or has the capacity to say something that would reflect negatively on himself. Look at what he said today regarding the troop pullout in Syria and how a few isis fighters got out but all have been rounded up. To hear him describe the situation it all sounds great. Then compare that to Trump's own special envoy representative for Syrian engagement to defeat ISIL, James Jeffrey. Completely different. Look it up, its Trump's guy saying it's a [bleep] over there thanks to Trump.

The electronics industry is keeping our troops there? To dig minerals?

Why do we even involve ourselves in the middle east? Oil
Some of the estimates I have seen say there is more than a trillion dollars in these elements over there.
It's always about the money.
I just had a guy in my office today who grew up in SE Afghanistan. Hell of a nice guy. Emigrated to Canada when he was 14. Has his own coffee shop. Nonpracticing Muslim. He's looking to go on a mentored hunt. He hunted as a youth in Afghanistan and wants to learn to hunt here in Alberta. He said Afghanistan is not a country as we know it, the boundaries were drawn by Europeans, but a collection of clanish tribes. They resist being told what to do. If they think you are wrong, you are their enemy.

Not all Afghanis are bad, but I agree with eliminating the Taliban.
Some of the estimates I have seen say there is more than a trillion dollars in these elements over there.

and here we thought it was because we were attacked. Glad you dialed us in.

and here we thought it was because we were attacked. Glad you dialed us in.

We're not talking about why we went. We're talking about why the Hell are we still there almost two decades later.
We're not talking about why we went. We're talking about why the Hell are we still there almost two decades later.

Isn't it a dangerous place to be mining? And what about those guys in GITMO, were they looking for minerals?
I always wondered whether it was about controlling the opium trade, but yeah, I too dgaf.
Originally Posted by huskyrunner
I always wondered whether it was about controlling the opium trade, but yeah, I too dgaf.

Opium is why they took out the towers?

(Trolls FOAD)

Politics

Donald Trump
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

I like your style, hatari.

My thoughts exactly.

The warlords are just as bad. One story is from the civil war, two warlords were fighting over a boy they both wanted to rape. The Taliban fighters came in and freed the boy. The warlords and generals are how they first gained support.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

(Trolls FOAD)

Politics

Donald Trump
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

I like your style, hatari.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, Hatari is kind of ok. smirk
What do ya think? Should we have stayed home? What is your top dollar to spend on retaliation?

SOF magazine featured an anonymous editorial from a Special Forces SGM stating the same thing. I remember one lines being something like, "this place has had 2000 years to try democracy and hasn't even attempted it once."
What do ya think? Should we have stayed home? What is your top dollar to spend on retaliation?

Some cruise missiles, maybe some A10s and bombers, beyond that the return on investment is too much. Too much like too many US servicemen dead, and too much like billions of dollars. Make a point and leave.
7 trillion dollars, and 25,000 casualties, and really no difference, except to those who reap war dollars.
7 trillion dollars, and 25,000 casualties, and really no difference, except to those who reap war dollars.

Why doesn't trump nuke the place? Won't we have problems down the road if we just leave?
I think I read someplace that a SF soldier said that NATO should have never occupied and tried to "civilize" Afghanistan. He said the best successes were when SF soldiers hunted the Taliban and high value targets and when required called in the bombers and attack choppers. You cannot civilize a society that does not want to be civilized as we know it. The only way to do it is virtually depopulate the region and start afresh.

Maybe some of the ancient societies and African tribes etc had it right. When you conquer a village, all the men and boys are killed or put into slavery. The women and girls are raped by the conquering soldiers, kept as wives or sold into slavery. No reprisals, unless the women put teach their sons to rebell as they grow up.
Originally Posted by AB2506
I think I read someplace that a SF soldier said that NATO should have never occupied and tried to "civilize" Afghanistan. He said the best successes were when SF soldiers hunted the Taliban and high value targets and when required called in the bombers and attack choppers. You cannot civilize a society that does not want to be civilized as we know it. The only way to do it is virtually depopulate the region and start afresh.

Maybe some of the ancient societies and African tribes etc had it right. When you conquer a village, all the men and boys are killed or put into slavery. The women and girls are raped by the conquering soldiers, kept as wives or sold into slavery. No reprisals, unless the women put teach their sons to rebell as they grow up.

Maybe trump doesn't know how? All he's doing is crying about money and throwing in the towel the fuggin baby

"So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."
Ok, ok, ok!, we get it! You hate Trump and the horse he rode in on. You got anything else to add here or is there a daily need to vent your misery? There are antidepressants available to help. See your doctor.
Originally Posted by AB2506
I just had a guy in my office today who grew up in SE Afghanistan. Hell of a nice guy. Emigrated to Canada when he was 14. Has his own coffee shop. Nonpracticing Muslim. He's looking to go on a mentored hunt. He hunted as a youth in Afghanistan and wants to learn to hunt here in Alberta. He said Afghanistan is not a country as we know it, the boundaries were drawn by Europeans, but a collection of clanish tribes. They resist being told what to do. If they think you are wrong, you are their enemy.

Not all Afghanis are bad, but I agree with eliminating the Taliban.

Winner Winner, Chicken dinner!

The same goes for much of the Middle East as well. Old colonialist Yurrupeans created "countries" to suit their puposes, ignoring all that tribalism. When the armies are no longer around to hold things together, you get Afghanistans. A harsh dictator like Saddam, Tito, or Stalin can keep things in check too. Islam can't do it because it's just as divided as the tribes are, and they hate each other with great vigor. Dumbass Neocons and other Pollyannas apparently just don't get this, and think that if they can just bomb and bribe enough, it'll all come together. It won't, no matter how many purple thumbs they show on CNN.

Why doesn't trump nuke the place? Won't we have problems down the road if we just leave?

Give it a break. Your tds inspired replies get dumber every post. If you can't see that, you're beyond help.
Trump tells the truth when it matters. Exactly the opposite of what the swamp critters do.
© 24hourcampfire