Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[quote]Actually Afghanistan is supposed to be full of rare earth elements, which I suspect is why they want to stay, hoping to control the access to them. [/quot

Are they already dug, or do folks have to dig em up?

Still in the ground. These rare earth elements are very important in the electronic industry.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Still in the ground. These rare earth elements are very important in the electronic industry.

The electronics industry is keeping our troops there? To dig minerals?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Trump is blunt which can be refreshing in life and politics but he does not tell the truth. I don't think he's capable or has the capacity to say something that would reflect negatively on himself. Look at what he said today regarding the troop pullout in Syria and how a few isis fighters got out but all have been rounded up. To hear him describe the situation it all sounds great. Then compare that to Trump's own special envoy representative for Syrian engagement to defeat ISIL, James Jeffrey. Completely different. Look it up, its Trump's guy saying it's a [bleep] over there thanks to Trump.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The electronics industry is keeping our troops there? To dig minerals?

Why do we even involve ourselves in the middle east? Oil
Some of the estimates I have seen say there is more than a trillion dollars in these elements over there.
It's always about the money.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just had a guy in my office today who grew up in SE Afghanistan. Hell of a nice guy. Emigrated to Canada when he was 14. Has his own coffee shop. Nonpracticing Muslim. He's looking to go on a mentored hunt. He hunted as a youth in Afghanistan and wants to learn to hunt here in Alberta. He said Afghanistan is not a country as we know it, the boundaries were drawn by Europeans, but a collection of clanish tribes. They resist being told what to do. If they think you are wrong, you are their enemy.

Not all Afghanis are bad, but I agree with eliminating the Taliban.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some of the estimates I have seen say there is more than a trillion dollars in these elements over there.

and here we thought it was because we were attacked. Glad you dialed us in.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

and here we thought it was because we were attacked. Glad you dialed us in.

We're not talking about why we went. We're talking about why the Hell are we still there almost two decades later.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're not talking about why we went. We're talking about why the Hell are we still there almost two decades later.

Isn't it a dangerous place to be mining? And what about those guys in GITMO, were they looking for minerals?

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I always wondered whether it was about controlling the opium trade, but yeah, I too dgaf.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huskyrunner
I always wondered whether it was about controlling the opium trade, but yeah, I too dgaf.

Opium is why they took out the towers?

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari
Trump tells the absolute truth about Afghanistan. Trump says exactly what millions of Americans have said about Afghanistan. The Deep State and the MSM is appalled. Voters will re-elect him because he speaks the truth.

You can also see why career Pentagon politico military people as well as Deep Staters don't like him. In this case, Trump really didn't want to here about what the "experts thought we needed to do for the benefit of our position in Afghanistan. that offends some of them. Some will claim Trump is "stupid" or and idiot. Nothing cound be further from the truth. Read the parts highlighted in red.
(Trolls FOAD)

Politics
'Who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?': Trump stunned officials with his comments during a military briefing, former aide says
Business Insider David Choi,Business Insider 3 hours ago

Donald Trump
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

President Donald Trump bemoaned a US-led coalition mission to provide aid to Afghanistan and derailed a meeting with top military officials last year, according to an upcoming book by an aide to former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.
"Seriously, who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?" Trump said, according to Guy Snodgrass, a retired US Navy commander and Mattis' former speechwriter. "So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."
Snodgrass, who was assisting Mattis with PowerPoint slides for the president, said he prepared his presentation by taking into account Trump's tendency to dislike slides with "too much information."
Instead of using complicated military information in the briefing, Snodgrass opted for the "more straightforward approach: just pictures," he said.

President Donald Trump bemoaned a US-led coalition mission to provide aid to Afghanistan and derailed a meeting with top military officials last year, according to an upcoming book by an aide to former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

I like your style, hatari.

My thoughts exactly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Paul_M
We should have killed all the Taliban we could and put some of the warlords in charge and said you figure it out.

The warlords are just as bad. One story is from the civil war, two warlords were fighting over a boy they both wanted to rape. The Taliban fighters came in and freed the boy. The warlords and generals are how they first gained support.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hatari
Trump tells the absolute truth about Afghanistan. Trump says exactly what millions of Americans have said about Afghanistan. The Deep State and the MSM is appalled. Voters will re-elect him because he speaks the truth.

You can also see why career Pentagon politico military people as well as Deep Staters don't like him. In this case, Trump really didn't want to here about what the "experts thought we needed to do for the benefit of our position in Afghanistan. that offends some of them. Some will claim Trump is "stupid" or and idiot. Nothing cound be further from the truth. Read the parts highlighted in red.
(Trolls FOAD)

Politics
'Who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?': Trump stunned officials with his comments during a military briefing, former aide says
Business Insider David Choi,Business Insider 3 hours ago

Donald Trump
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

"Seriously, who gives a s--- about Afghanistan?" Trump said, according to Guy Snodgrass, a retired US Navy commander and Mattis' former speechwriter. "So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."
Snodgrass, who was assisting Mattis with PowerPoint slides for the president, said he prepared his presentation by taking into account Trump's tendency to dislike slides with "too much information."
Instead of using complicated military information in the briefing, Snodgrass opted for the "more straightforward approach: just pictures," he said.

I like your style, hatari.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, Hatari is kind of ok. smirk

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What do ya think? Should we have stayed home? What is your top dollar to spend on retaliation?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul_M
We never should have stayed in Afghanistan.
We should have killed all the Taliban we could and put some of the warlords in charge and said you figure it out.
If we have to come back and kill more of you we will.
Don't make us come back or you will regret it.

SOF magazine featured an anonymous editorial from a Special Forces SGM stating the same thing. I remember one lines being something like, "this place has had 2000 years to try democracy and hasn't even attempted it once."

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What do ya think? Should we have stayed home? What is your top dollar to spend on retaliation?

Some cruise missiles, maybe some A10s and bombers, beyond that the return on investment is too much. Too much like too many US servicemen dead, and too much like billions of dollars. Make a point and leave.
7 trillion dollars, and 25,000 casualties, and really no difference, except to those who reap war dollars.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
7 trillion dollars, and 25,000 casualties, and really no difference, except to those who reap war dollars.

Why doesn't trump nuke the place? Won't we have problems down the road if we just leave?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I read someplace that a SF soldier said that NATO should have never occupied and tried to "civilize" Afghanistan. He said the best successes were when SF soldiers hunted the Taliban and high value targets and when required called in the bombers and attack choppers. You cannot civilize a society that does not want to be civilized as we know it. The only way to do it is virtually depopulate the region and start afresh.

Maybe some of the ancient societies and African tribes etc had it right. When you conquer a village, all the men and boys are killed or put into slavery. The women and girls are raped by the conquering soldiers, kept as wives or sold into slavery. No reprisals, unless the women put teach their sons to rebell as they grow up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AB2506
I think I read someplace that a SF soldier said that NATO should have never occupied and tried to "civilize" Afghanistan. He said the best successes were when SF soldiers hunted the Taliban and high value targets and when required called in the bombers and attack choppers. You cannot civilize a society that does not want to be civilized as we know it. The only way to do it is virtually depopulate the region and start afresh.

Maybe some of the ancient societies and African tribes etc had it right. When you conquer a village, all the men and boys are killed or put into slavery. The women and girls are raped by the conquering soldiers, kept as wives or sold into slavery. No reprisals, unless the women put teach their sons to rebell as they grow up.

Maybe trump doesn't know how? All he's doing is crying about money and throwing in the towel the fuggin baby

"So far we're in for $7 trillion, fellas ... $7 trillion including Iraq. Worst decision ever and we're stuck with it."

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.