Home
Pelosi bows to the radical Left in her Party. She's playing with fire and she knows it. She's hoping by calling this a vote on a "formal impeachment inquiry" the masses will be fooled into thinking that is the same as impeachment proceedings.

This is no coincidence that that this vote happens this week after Pelosi said 3 weeks ago she didn't need or want asuch a vote. She does't want her people on record to defend an atttempt to oust Trump. Pelosi knows that Trump will use it against Dems, and go to many of those 40 formerly GOP Districts teh Dems barely won in 2018 and whip up excitment in the 50,000+ voters that come out to see Trump speak at rallies.

The Dems are pulling this vote to take the news cycle off of Trumps victories vs. teh ISIS leadership. They lost badly on that. This is their knee jerk response to getthe focus back on Trump and impeachment. Pelosi does NOT want a vote on impeachment before the election.

House approves Trump impeachment resolution, paving way for public hearings
David Knowles 19 minutes ago

Pelosi speaks on the House floor in support of impeachment resolution

The U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution Thursday that formalizes the next steps in the impeachment inquiry of President Trump. The final vote was 232-196, with former Republican and current independent Rep. Justin Amash voting yes and two Democrats voting no.

The measure, which came after weeks of Republican criticism of Democrats for conducting their interviews behind closed doors, signals the beginning of public hearings in which staff counsel for both parties will be given equal time to question witnesses.

“Sadly, this is not any cause for any glee or comfort. This is something that is very solemn, that is something prayerful and that we had to gather so much information to take us to this next step,” said Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the House floor prior to the vote, adding, “Every member should support allowing the American people to hear the facts themselves, that’s really what this vote is about.”

The two Democrats to vote no were Rep. Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey and Rep. Collin Peterson of Minnesota.

Since late September, House Democrats have been building their case that Trump abused his powers as president by asking the president of Ukraine to announce an investigation of one of his political rivals, former Vice President Joe Biden, and to cooperate with Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani to validate a right-wing conspiracy theory about the 2016 election. A July 25 phone call between Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky alarmed multiple U.S. government officials and sparked a whistleblower complaint. In closed-door interviews conducted by the House Intelligence Committee, witnesses have testified that nearly $400 million in military aid was withheld by the Trump administration to compel the government in Kiev to comply.

The aid was eventually released.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., will continue to lead the impeachment inquiry on behalf of the Democrats, though the president’s lawyers will have the opportunity to defend Trump in the Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., which will vote on the articles of impeachment and send them to the floor of the House.

The resolution clears the way for Republicans to call witnesses to appear before the Intelligence Committee, though they must first submit written justification for those they wish to question. Democrats, who have presided over the committee since retaking control of the House in the 2018 midterm elections, can deny Republican requests.

The White House has blocked testimony by several witnesses called by House Democrats, and the resolution provides Nadler with a mechanism to enforce future compliance.

“Should the President unlawfully refuse to make witnesses available for testimony to, or to produce documents requested by, the investigative committees ... the chair [of the Judiciary Committee] shall have the discretion to impose appropriate remedies, including by denying specific requests by the President or his counsel under these procedures to call or question witnesses,” reads the rules document obtained by Yahoo News.

Should the House vote to impeach Trump, the U.S. Senate will conduct a formal trial that could lead to his removal from office. In that setting, lawyers representing the president will have greater leeway to call witnesses and cross-examine those who helped House Democrats make their case against Trump.
The whole works are pathetic. Both sides. It’s depressing. Ed k
When it crashes the economy Trump will get the blame
amash voted yes. so much for principles. What an asshat.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

There is actually no reason any impeachment proceedings would crash the economy, which is already slowing. According to FOX News, "Bad economic data reignites recession jitters" see: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...conomic-data-reignites-recession-jitters

Generally, a recession (economic downturn) is commonly identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters. GDP has slowed in the past two quarters as discussed in this BBC article ( https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50234626 ).

There will be a recession (cycles typical run every 7-8 years; we are now in the 11th year - 2009-2019), we are overdue.
Dog and pony show that will amount to nothing...except wasting taxpayer dollars ( which is bad..) and getting Trump re-elected.( which is good..)
Enter the leftist....
Originally Posted by ERK
The whole works are pathetic. Both sides. It’s depressing. Ed k

+1, just how much of our tax money have they spent on this BS?
Originally Posted by djs

There is actually no reason any impeachment proceedings would crash the economy, which is already slowing. According to FOX News, "Bad economic data reignites recession jitters" see: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...conomic-data-reignites-recession-jitters

Generally, a recession (economic downturn) is commonly identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters. GDP has slowed in the past two quarters as discussed in this BBC article ( https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50234626 ).

There will be a recession (cycles typical run every 7-8 years; we are now in the 11th year - 2009-2019), we are overdue.

You are a MORON!

Front page of today's Wall Street Journal is all about how the Fed is happy with the current level of moderate economic expansion. Read it.
"The current stance of (interest rate) policy is likely to remain appropriate" as long as the economy continues to expand moderately and the labor market stays strong, said Fed Chairman Jerome Powell.

If you look at the rate the economy took off after the Trump election, you might understand how the Fed raised the Fed-Funds rate to prevent the economy from over heating. After slowing the meteoric rise of the markets to a sustainable level, the Feds decided to back off the brakes starting in this past July.
So Rs should roll over and let the dimocommies get back to business opening borders, pushing gun control, bombing Assad, expanding the caliphate with Syria,starting nuclear war with Putin (to help mother nature), reduce sanctions on Iran to help nuclear proliferation, send aid to China in the form of trade imbalance ( as long as the kickbacks to govt officials continue), return NK to a nuclear threat status, allow the UN to flood us with Afreakin moslems, get us back on the road Venezuela followed, ....

So how does this timing work? The way I understand it, the house would have to impeach and the senate hold the hearing all BEFORE election time, so about a year. All the while some of the sitting senators are on the campaign trail. I think if it spans an election that's a reset?

This can't possibly work out if that timing is true. It simply won't be time in the calendar to do it all.
Originally Posted by djs

Agree 100% with Hatari's post above.

The "11years" quoted above is a misnomer as 8 of those years of "recovery" actually weren't recovery at all but more of a recession which hit a bottom and basically stayed there. With 0% interest and monetary printing presses running 24/7/365 to ensure that the Magic ones economy didn't drill down below the basement floor and continue dropping. The true economic upturn is in it's 3rd year[maybe 4th at best].
Every time there is good economic news during a Republican administration the state run fake media run stories of pending economic disaster.

When the Demonrats are in power, in spite of slow economic conditions,the state run fake news blows smoke up the ass of the public with lies about how good it is.

If you're stupid enough to believe the fake news,then you're dumber than a box of rocks.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

So how does this timing work? The way I understand it, the house would have to impeach and the senate hold the hearing all BEFORE election time, so about a year. All the while some of the sitting senators are on the campaign trail. I think if it spans an election that's a reset?

This can't possibly work out if that timing is true. It simply won't be time in the calendar to do it all.

You’re running on the false assumption that they mean to actually impeach & remove. I don’t think that’s the case; they want this lie to be repeated over and over and over and over throughout the election process so it becomes true in the minds of the electorate to such an extent that even one of their horrible candidates can beat The Donald.
Originally Posted by efw

You’re running on the false assumption that they mean to actually impeach & remove. I don’t think that’s the case; they want this lie to be repeated over and over and over and over throughout the election process so it becomes true in the minds of the electorate to such an extent that even one of their horrible candidates can beat The Donald.

That seems totally preposterous to me. How did you arrive at the assumption?
IMHO it's just a smear campaign, one that will last til the election.
The Russian collusion deal lasted way longer than it should have and was nothing.
This also a nothing, but a higher level.
They can run with it longer.

That the plan all along.

The media now playing it serious, not screaming and yelling like before.
Just a change of tactic..............same chit show.
"paving way for public hearings"

I read a different article that said the hearings will continue in closed door sessions; I don't think the Demons will allow the public to see what they are doing in not letting the GOP call witnesses w/o their approval or that they do not allow the GOP committee members to fully question witnesses however they choose.

If they were to do that in open public hearings, that would completely destroy any remaining credibility that they have left, which is nearly zero.

MM
Whistleblower fiasco is all falling apart and will come back and bite PENCIL NECK Schiff right in his ass. Schiff collaborated with the whistleblower and set it all up .... An intel guy by the name of Morrison blew up Schiff's best witness through his testimony. The IG and Durham reports are forthcoming.

Just wait BOYS!!!...........Gonna be fun!
Originally Posted by ingwe
Dog and pony show that will amount to nothing...except wasting taxpayer dollars ( which is bad..) and getting Trump re-elected.( which is good..)

It's like redundant advertising. Boring.

I guess they think all this looks good inside the Beltway.

It stinks out here in fly over country, the same crowd who elected Trump the first time. We'll do it again, even bigger this time.

As more secret stuff is revealed, the more this corruption is exposed.

DF
It's all smoke and mirrors for public consumption. The Dems want their cake and eat it, too. The ones that have half a brain left don't want to officially vote and have it on their record.
Despite all the House GOP bashing, they held the line completely.

That is huge. The visuals of a purely partisan impeachment is huge for 2020. Over 50 House Democrats voted to impeach Clinton in his impeachment.

This is nothing more than a fund raising effort for Ds now.

Personally, I believe this really helps Trump and the GOP for 2020. Pelosi looks so petty and small now.

Meanwhile, the economy continues to boom.
Originally Posted by RAS

That is huge. The visuals of a purely partisan impeachment is huge for 2020. Over 50 House Democrats voted to impeach Clinton in his impeachment.

Personally, I believe this really helps Trump and the GOP for 2020. Pelosi looks so petty and small now.

And they have absolutely zero charges that hold a drop of water. They can't cite a single reg or law that has been broken, not one.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by RAS

And they have absolutely zero charges that hold a drop of water. They can't cite a single reg or law that has been broken, not one.

MM

Oh come now, the evidence is right before your eyes, just ask Schiff, he'll tell you.
When you get right down to it,...Putin would be a much better American President than that line up of Negro and Communist homosexual misfits that are running for the Democratic nomination.

,....and that's a fact.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I guess they think all this looks good inside the Beltway.

It stinks out here in fly over country, the same crowd who elected Trump the first time. We'll do it again, even bigger this time.

As more secret stuff is revealed, the more this corruption is exposed.

DF

Agreed.....but I must say that I think the corruption is far far deeper than I could have imagined.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by efw

A) because Rs hold the Senate so removal won’t happen

B) because they’ve already stepped well outside the processed outlined in the Constitution

C) they’ve started a dog & pony show completely dislodged from reality with a complicit media reporting (strategic) “leaks”

D) ITS THE DEMOCRATS MAN PREPOSTEROUS IS THEIR MO!!!!!
Originally Posted by djs

The economy is not a library book. There is no overdue, just conditions that change and drive the behaviors of governments, consumers and customers that results in reactive change.

Past statistics have nothing to do with what happens going forward.
Originally Posted by efw

You actually have not read this here or elsewhere? This is probably the most popular theory of the whole "impeachment" mess only rivaled by actual impeachment. In the first place, the President will probably never be convicted by the Senate, negating the whole effort, so why continue or why did they start in the first place? The reason for this is no laws have been broken. They're not even accusing him of breaking laws, they're just accusing him of this or that and figuring the American public is so brainwashed by the news media that they'll never go for it. I don't trust the Senate for a second, so you have to take this seriously, but the Dems certainly appear to just be working this angle against Trump for the 2020 election and also to deep six other Republicans.

Certainly if they think they can actually impeach and remove Trump via illegal coup they will do so, but that doesn't seem probable. That's more like for after he wins the next election. All of this also provides cover for some of the biggest criminals and traitors in our country and removes the spotlight that Trump has shown on their crimes. Obviously if Trump ever has them arrested, they will scream that it is because they were about to remove him from office.

The simple unlikelihood of them being able to carry out a full coup on Trump negates most of this as being the primary purpose of the impeachment process-it's likely for propaganda with a secondary goal of actually doing it if it becomes possible.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
................ In the first place, the President will probably never be convicted by the Senate, negating the whole effort, so why continue or why did they start in the first place? The reason for this is no laws have been broken. They're not even accusing him of breaking laws, they're just accusing him of this or that and figuring the American public is so brainwashed by the news media that they'll never go for it. I don't trust the Senate for a second, so you have to take this seriously, but the Dems certainly appear to just be working this angle against Trump for the 2020 election and also to deep six other Republicans.

Certainly if they think they can actually impeach and remove Trump via illegal coup they will do so, but that doesn't seem probable. That's more like for after he wins the next election. All of this also provides cover for some of the biggest criminals and traitors in our country and removes the spotlight that Trump has shown on their crimes. Obviously if Trump ever has them arrested, they will scream that it is because they were about to remove him from office.

The simple unlikelihood of them being able to carry out a full coup on Trump negates most of this as being the primary purpose of the impeachment process-it's likely for propaganda with a secondary goal of actually doing it if it becomes possible.

Pretty good summation.

It appears that you hint that a byproduct of the Dem attack is to give them a weapon to defend themselves against indictment that a number of them appear to deserve. I can see that.
Originally Posted by djs

A recession is defined as 2 consecutive quarters of NEGATIVE economic growth, not just a reduction. Eventually there will be another recession but at this point no one knows when that might happen.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by efw

You actually have not read this here or elsewhere? This is probably the most popular theory of the whole "impeachment" mess only rivaled by actual impeachment. In the first place, the President will probably never be convicted by the Senate, negating the whole effort, so why continue or why did they start in the first place? The reason for this is no laws have been broken. They're not even accusing him of breaking laws, they're just accusing him of this or that and figuring the American public is so brainwashed by the news media that they'll never go for it. I don't trust the Senate for a second, so you have to take this seriously, but the Dems certainly appear to just be working this angle against Trump for the 2020 election and also to deep six other Republicans.

What I have heard is that Romney has been recruiting R's to vote to convict and has done a pretty good job of it. It would appear he has 20 votes which would be all that is needed.
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by djs

The economy is not a library book. There is no overdue, just conditions that change and drive the behaviors of governments, consumers and customers that results in reactive change.

Past statistics have nothing to do with what happens going forward.

You did not expect a Lefty to know anything about economics?
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by RAS

MM

Oh come now, the evidence is right before your eyes, just ask Schiff, he'll tell you.

How ya know when ole shifty Schiff is lying...?

When his lips are moving... shocked

He's a serial liar.

Did you know Schiff's sister was married to George Soros' son. They've since divorced.

It's a pretty tight pack of canines there in the Beltway.

DF
But they are sure there is fire somewhere.

They are pandering to those folks dumb enough to believe anything.

Think bigger cities and such.

From where i set i would not trust any of them to take out the trash.

What I have heard is that Romney has been recruiting R's to vote to convict and has done a pretty good job of it. It would appear he has 20 votes which would be all that is needed.

If that were to be true, the results would be absolutely disasterous for this country & essentially the end of it as we've known it, as from then on, the slightest disagreement of a president with the opposition party holding congress would result in routine impeachment or at the least, holding the president hostage as Trump is being held hostage now on made up & imagined charges.

Trump is not in violation of any laws as of now that we know of.

If Trump were to be successfully impeached, I tend to think the whole country would go up in flames.

MM
[quote=RickyD]
If Trump were to be successfully impeached, I tend to think the whole country would go up in flames.

Are you willing to die for your freedom from the swamp? I mean, flat-out go to war against the leftists & socialists? Like our forefathers?
I am. I've been thinking recently that I've lived a good life so far...the end is probably 20-30 yrs for me, at most. Yes, I'll take up arms against the swamp if it comes to it.
But, how do we organize an effective campaign?
Originally Posted by rte
Every time there is good economic news during a Republican administration the state run fake media run stories of pending economic disaster.

When the Demonrats are in power, in spite of slow economic conditions,the state run fake news blows smoke up the ass of the public with lies about how good it is.

If you're stupid enough to believe the fake news,then you're dumber than a box of rocks.

The astute investor will take advantage of the fake news industry and buy when the markets act adversely to their "sky is falling" propaganda.

If that were to be true, the results would be absolutely disasterous for this country & essentially the end of it as we've known it, as from then on, the slightest disagreement of a president with the opposition party holding congress would result in routine impeachment or at the least, holding the president hostage as Trump is being held hostage now on made up & imagined charges.

Trump is not in violation of any laws as of now that we know of.

MM

That's my concern, as well.

I believe it is obvious that the media and demoncraps want, as Obama said his goal was, to fundamentally change this country.

The things many have been saying show a very cavalier attitude that includes mass murder of conservatives, destruction of Christianity, and imposition of a socialist regime. This is what they want. And they are not backing down.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
[quote=RickyD]

Are you willing to die for your freedom from the swamp? I mean, flat-out go to war against the leftists & socialists? Like our forefathers?
I am. I've been thinking recently that I've lived a good life so far...the end is probably 20-30 yrs for me, at most. Yes, I'll take up arms against the swamp if it comes to it.
But, how do we organize an effective campaign?

Organizing appears to be the deterrent. I don't presume to be a leader of a million man army or march, but would rally around someone who is. And I am willing to die for this country, too.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by djs

Agree 100% with Hatari's post above.

The "11years" quoted above is a misnomer as 8 of those years of "recovery" actually weren't recovery at all but more of a recession which hit a bottom and basically stayed there. With 0% interest and monetary printing presses running 24/7/365 to ensure that the Magic ones economy didn't drill down below the basement floor and continue dropping. The true economic upturn is in it's 3rd year[maybe 4th at best].

Let's wait and see. There are a number of economic forecasters who are predicting a recession within the near future (within 1-2 years). see: https://markets.businessinsider.com...-predict-downturn-2021-2019-8-1028456445

A recession is ever a good thing, but it is unavoidable. Predicting that one will occur is easy - the actual "when" is more difficult, but the economy is slowing.
Can’t wait to see this circus BACKFIRE. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by RAS

MM

They will site regs and laws against public corruption, bribery, and obstruction of Justice when articles of impeachment are eventually drafted. Those laws do exist and are on the books, bribery is specifically mentioned in the Constitution as a justifiable reason for removal from office. Keep in mind that the DOJ has been arguing that the President can't be indicated while in office, there will be no federal charges, just Congressional action on impeachement.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_prosecution_of_public_corruption_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Blagojevich_corruption_charges
Democrats are becoming former in droves out here. The Democrat Party is in major disarray. The whole premise of Alinsky-ism is backfiring on them completely. This is their last ditch effort at staying relevant within the swampy status quo. They have yet to recognize the dawning of postmodernity, and are hoping to fight one last modern political battle before they lose the war completely.
let's say sometime next year impeachment advances to a Senate vote removing trump from office. couldn't he still be elected in November? and if so, couldn't he run for a second term, resulting in more than 8 yrs in office?
The Demons are more or less in a do or die situation.

If they don't proceed with impeachment, they will lose all credibility, given their antics to date, & surely will lose the 2020 elections, probably across the board at the federal level.

If they do proceed, they will keep the progressives & a few others in check & if by some miracle, they can get enough RINO's in the Senate to vote against Trump, then they could very likely win the 2020 elections, even with a weak candidate. And I think it's very possible that enough swampers / Rino's could be convinced to dump Trump.

Or it could all blow up with a massive public backlash that throws all the Demons out for the most part.

Things are going to get real sporty, real quick like.

MM
Time to switch to watching something more authentic (and plausible?) Like pro wrestling. Ben Franklin warned US about this...
Originally Posted by agazain
Ben Franklin warned US about this...

That he did, "a republic IF you can keep it...."

I guess the IF has always been in play, one way or the other. But, never in my lifetime has our republic been "on the line" as now.

Dems talk on and on about "our democracy". They would love a true democracy with mob rule. They don't talk about "our republic", which they despise. The founders were smart enough to keep the Electoral College and other safeguards to prevent a few population centers from dictating national politics. That was crafted very carefully to assure small states would still be a part of the process.

DF

IF this is true, it's totally rediculous, essentially he is saying he will convict and so will others BEFORE a trial happens. Really?
Senators can't campaign during an impeachment trial. 21 republicans are up for reelection and only 11 demorats.
Impeachment is the least of Trump's problems. The only thing keeping him from prison is the immunity that comes with his office.

IF this is true, it's totally rediculous, essentially he is saying he will convict and so will others BEFORE a trial happens. Really?

So you really believe all senators believe in due process, when money is on the line? All most care about is who will add the next million to their net worth.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Senators can't campaign during an impeachment trial. 21 republicans are up for reelection and only 11 demorats.

They can still have a campaign working for them and tape televised messages. They just have to stay in DC 6 days out of 7 until the trial is over.
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Impeachment is the least of Trump's problems. The only thing keeping him from prison is the immunity that comes with his office.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
very disturbing this. the house and senate are accomplishing virtually nil. i wonder why we have to be taxed to pay them.

i was disappointed when scotland didn't vote to separate from england. now england is struggling with brexit.

i suspect they will impeach. the senate will countermand the request. trump will win re-election.

then, the 2024 barn burner will begin taking shape for the entertainment of us all.
i suspect they will impeach. the senate will countermand the request. trump will win re-election.

and Epstein will be forgotten about.

They can still have a campaign working for them and tape televised messages. They just have to stay in DC 6 days out of 7 until the trial is over.

So any sitting senator, running for president, can't be on the road? Hmmm, not a bad idea.

i heard the media say epstien died in his cell in a federal lockup.

must have been suicide.
He had dirt on every billionaire on earth.
If this was the old dayz ..we would gather up some rope and make xmas ornaments out of a bunch of dems....
Public hearings for what? Calling democrats bad names. All democrats are stupid and enemies of the people.
Democrats. Can't tell "Handmaid's Tale" from reality.

Seems that’s already in the works. Buried in subsequent impeachment news cycles (smoke screens).

Too many big dogs in his little black book. It all goes away. The book will ultimately commit suicide, never to be heard from again.

Nothing to see here folks, move right along.

DF
© 24hourcampfire