Home
Posted By: Redneck @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
mad It's that time of year again. The field around me was harvested yesterday, and a rabbit or two takes up residence around the house... I have ONE (count 'em ONE) shrub around my deck and (of course) it's a Euonymus Alatus (Burning Bush for youse laymen... laugh ) which is like an unlimited boofay for freakin' rabbits...

Two guns at the ready. I'll get that sumbish if it's the LAST thing I do.. I simply HATE rabbits - which comes from my former career in greenhouses where the little bastids can do $1,000 worth of damage overnight...

Okay - done now.. smile
Posted By: wabigoon Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
They sure love to eat the bark from apple trees.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
smile pd their ass .
Posted By: Pugs Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
I love rabbits - so cute, so fuzzy, so good with pasta. grin

Rabbit-ragu-with-pappardelle
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
When my garden was starting to sprout in the spring it was not uncommon to count as high as 18 rabbits in the surrounding area.
Cold beer and a BB gun filled up a pretty good sized spot in the freezer.
I’d rather have the rabbit than the bush.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
That reminds me.

I gotta butcher the rabbits this weekend.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
I feel your pain, but my issue has been with squirrels lately. 2 down so far with help from the Mutant Beagles.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
They used to chew my fruit trees a bit when they were still saplings, but now they wait for the fallen fruit. I have a Kieffer pear that bears heavily, and draws rabbits, possums, coons, etc. They also like crabapples. No doubt they prune my blackberries a bit, but who could tell?

The garden is fenced.
Posted By: cfran Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
You sound like you could use a vacation, yesterday it’s daylight savings time, now rabbits. For your sake I hope the Packers keep winning . . .
Posted By: The_Big_D Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
I snare a few every winter in my back yard, easy to do once we get some snow the ground and their trails become apparent.. kinda fun too
Posted By: slumlord Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Go to the dog pound and get a beagle or beagle mix. And set it free.

It and the rabbits will go to next county
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Originally Posted by Pugs
I love rabbits - so cute, so fuzzy, so good with pasta. grin

Rabbit-ragu-with-pappardelle

Mmmm yeah !

or this one: https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/sweet-and-sour-braised-rabbit-coniglio-agrodolce

Get r dun Rednecker !
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Originally Posted by slumlord

You experiences with Beagles must mirror mine.

I have hunted with a few good ones.

FEW.

More a reflection on the owners, I know.

Get revenge Lee,
eat them.
Posted By: Redneck Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19

Close - but no more dogs... However, if I knew anyone around here who had one (or two) I'd have 'em over for a case of beer while the dogs do their best work.. laugh laugh

Got two shotguns at the ready.. And loaded.. With HOT chambers... (I can hear the yowling right now... laugh ) Then ask me if I care... Hehehehee
Posted By: hanco Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
I have squirrel issues, I have chain link around my garden, but squirrels can go through it.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
quote=Redneck]Got two shotguns at the ready.. And loaded.. With HOT chambers..... Hehehehee
[/quote]

Hahaha,

Fer ya'll

Posted By: las Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Originally Posted by Redneck

Close - but no more dogs... However, if I knew anyone around here who had one (or two) I'd have 'em over for a case of beer while the dogs do their best work.. laugh laugh

Got two shotguns at the ready.. And loaded.. With HOT chambers... (I can hear the yowling right now... laugh ) Then ask me if I care... Hehehehee

OK - Lee. I'll give you the hot chambers in this case, but you have to fire a warning shot first.... smile
Posted By: jnyork Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Be sure to use a 6.5 Creedmore, that way you dont have to worry about overpenetration.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Every rabbit I see in the yard, gets a Browning BPR hollow point .22 lr or if I really want to have fun I use the 22-250 and take the head clean off their shoulders. They have raised hell with my apple tree.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: @#%!%&^%!# rabbits..... - 11/06/19
Originally Posted by cfran
You sound like you could use a vacation, yesterday it’s daylight savings time, now rabbits. For your sake I hope the Packers keep winning . . .

I think you mean start winning.
My buddy in Montana hates ‘em, they crap under his porch all winter.

I woulda thought any critter that can survive the winter up there is worthy of respect.
© 24hourcampfire