Home
Posted By: ammoman16 Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
How about the end of the Steelers Browns game. That is definitely the first time I've seen someone RIP off another player's helmet and hit him over the head with it. That dumb fuqk probably cost himself the rest of the season.
Posted By: 79S Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
1 December should be interesting time in Pittsburgh.
Posted By: jimy Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Its not much of a season, if you're going to sit one out' this one might as well be it,

You can bet your ticket money, that you'll have a better chance of seeing him on dancing with the stars, than on Jeopardy !
Posted By: ammoman16 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
I will admit that may have been the most entertaining part of the game.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by ammoman16
That dumb fuqk probably cost himself the rest of the season.

At a minimum.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Just watching the Steelers get their ass whooped was all the entertainment I needed.

Pure stupidity prevailed when the dumb ass swung the helmet. That’ll be one costly outburst and not a great way to advance your career or ingratiate yourself with other teams. He’ll have a target on his back and he’ll pay in more than one way. 😉
Posted By: papat Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Not a great move for sure. Rudolph was the one to grab first. Nobody is talking about that though. A quarterback against a defensive end is not a good matchup. Garrett shafted himself.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
The piece of [bleep] needs suspended for a year. Lost all respect for him
Typical groid behavior.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Banned for Life - Pete Rose got it for making wagers. Set the example.

Oh that's right it;s the NFL (I DON'T WATCH PROS) They don't address kneeling for the anthem, they won't address violence. Too many of their thugs go home and beat their wives and children. Over paid POS that don't contribute to society - typical entertainers.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
I'm with Hancock27. That simply must warrant a permanent suspension to make sure all know that is intolerable behavior. What if the top of the helmet rather than the bottom part with some padding hit him and killed him right there on the field for all the world to see?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Football might get interesting if a little Hockey was put into it..........
Posted By: hanco Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
That will cost him big time
Posted By: 35 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
There should be jail time involved !!!
Here's a better vid.

Posted By: jorgeI Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Send Garrett down to Florida and sign him up for a nice massage. All will be well.
Posted By: krupp Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Children behaving like children. What do you expect from so-called professional sports.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
I heard it on the radio this morning, and, put the Klan hood on me if you want but I immediately said to myself, "This was done by a Negro player."

Either I am a Klansman, or just an astute observer of the American social scene.
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by jorgeI

hahaha how true..........
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Just another example of why I quit watching the NFL AND the NBA! Nothing but a bunch of thugs dancing around the field celebrating every time they do what they make millions for!
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Just a lil love tap nothing to see here.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Should be banned for life. In shootings, the left immediately calls for banning guns, and we counter that it's the person, not the gun, and that the person should be dealt with severely. I can bet that here, no one will call for banning helmets, and I can also bet that there will be those here who will want to give Garrett a slap on the wrist and let it go at that instead of dealing with him as should be done.
Posted By: jimy Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Oh for Gods sake, go take a seat at Popeyes and order a couple chicken samwitch, and you will see a real ass~whoopin, and likely a shootin or two ! laugh
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19

Originally Posted by elkcountry
Just another example of why I quit watching the NFL AND the NBA! Nothing but a bunch of thugs dancing around the field celebrating every time they do what they make millions for!

Sort of like all gun owners are nothing but a bunch of mass murderers in waiting, right?

Seems like you want to condemn them all for the actions of a very few. Very liberal of you, I would say. Very.
Posted By: ammoman16 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by papat
Not a great move for sure. Rudolph was the one to grab first. Nobody is talking about that though. A quarterback against a defensive end is not a good matchup. Garrett shafted himself.

I have no issue with what Rudolph did. Garrett hit him extremely late and drove him into the ground.
Posted By: killerv Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Yep, he was in the wrong, but so was Rudolph, kicking for the groin and grabbing first.
Posted By: javman Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
[bleep] seem more civilized than those dudes in the game!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by elkcountry

......................We Have A Winner........... I stopped watching the NFL Drama Theater, / Reality Show, / Circus, about seven years ago when it seemed to have become something other than just a sport. I still like football and occasionally catch some high school games on a local cable station. I just can't stand the NFL anymore since they became Hollywood.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
No way to defend that......so cue the RACE CARD.
"He called me....."
Coming in 3, 2, 1.
Andy Griffith got it right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibbKyBTJX4

Jerry
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Didn t Lyle Alzado do that in the early 80 s?
Not too surprising, these guys are the best of the best of the best and their level of aggression is higher than average or they wouldn’t be on your TV. Don’t think this will do anything but help ratings , we as Americans in the age of instant gratification internet and digital entertainment are becoming bored with the same old sports. Our threshold of stimulation that we deem as entertaining is not quite peaked out( Roman coliseum isn’t too far in the future and I’m sure exists somewhere on the dark web). We want blood, not sure I see much of a difference between that brawl and nascar driver bumping another racer into the wall going 200mph. We as a nation love a good wreck( just watch the impeachment proceedings) .
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
I tried to watch both videos and it says the NFL has blocked the content. WTF?
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I tried to watch both videos and it says the NFL has blocked the content. WTF?

Just click on the 'watch on YouTube' thing.
Posted By: cuznguido Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
I was watching the game live and the one thing that nobody has mentioned, right before Garrett blew a gasket, Rudolph looked up at him and called him a bitch. I read lips pretty well, being partly deaf, and am absolutely certain he said that. Garrett got stoopid at that point. Ironically he played the best game of anyone on the field IMO. He is toast now.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by cuznguido
I was watching the game live and the one thing that nobody has mentioned, right before Garrett blew a gasket, Rudolph looked up at him and called him a bitch. I read lips pretty well, being partly deaf, and am absolutely certain he said that. Garrett got stoopid at that point. Ironically he played the best game of anyone on the field IMO. He is toast now.

Oh goodness! THAT certainly justifies any sort of retaliation. Trash talk is a given - NFL game or 24hr forum. Same thing. Bashing in heads, not so much.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19

I thought he called the player that pushed him down from behind AFTER the Garrett tussle a bitch?
He'll claim he called him a ni gger.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

He is, and he should be arrested for assault. Helmets are weapons when used this way. He well could have killed with it and got lucky he didn't cause extreme injury.

This is symptomatic of the cesspool the NFL has become.

Kneel away at the anthem and flag, and go ahead and support this league. You're one in the same when you support NFL football. (Not you Ghost)
Posted By: Frayser Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19

This, in spades!
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by luv2safari

He is, and he should be arrested for assault. Helmets are weapons when used this way. He well could have killed with it and got lucky he didn't cause extreme injury.

This is symptomatic of the cesspool the NFL has become.

Kneel away at the anthem and flag, and go ahead and support this league. You're one in the same when you support NFL football. (Not you Ghost)

Anyone of us had used a popsicle stick to hit someone would be behind bars, our firearms confiscated .
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Attempted murder.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Didn t Lyle Alzado do that in the early 80 s?

Yep. Guys in the 60s hit people on the bench...

Seen this [bleep] in college. We had brawls in practice, helmets were swung.

Rudolph is a dumbass for charging after a guy with helmet in hand. Dumbfuck deserved to get whacked with it and should get suspended too.

This [bleep] happens in probably every organization in practices, every year, all the time.
The fact it made TV is the only reason everyone is supposedly shocked.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by HawkI

This [bleep] happens in probably every organization in practices, every year, all the time.

Steve Smith used to punch his own teammates all the time.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Ammoman16: I did not see that (do to a difference in politics with the NFL's current batch of negro's!) but have been hearing a lot about it this morning, as I wait for the Culligan Man.
Sad.
There's an old saying that pertains here: "You can take the negro out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the negro" - as sad as this saying is it pertains WAY to often to certain segments of our society!
Remember if it's the "truth" it is NOT racist!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19

Regardless of your skills as a deaf person, I believe it is likely you are mistaken. Rudolph was wearing his helmet and lying underneath Garret when (Garrett) "blew a gasket and grabbed Rudolph's face mask and yanked his helmet off. There was no clear, close up video of Rudolph's lips, in that instant. I think you are confusing the incident with Garrett, after Rudolph was assaulted and battered by Garrett, that he had with #65 Larry Ogunjobi. Ogunjobi shoved Rudolph to the ground, from behind, right after Garrett had clubbed Rudolf over the head. The camera then showed Rudolph sitting on the ground, and looking up at Ogunjobi, he said something. I too, thought he called him a "bitch" but I personally know Rudolph, (as a oSu alum,) and have met him and his family, and know he is a devout Christian, and the expletive would be foreign to his lips. So I am sure it was not the word "bitch."
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Oh goodness! THAT certainly justifies any sort of retaliation. Trash talk is a given - NFL game or 24hr forum. Same thing. Bashing in heads, not so much.
You got that right...bitch.
Posted By: cuznguido Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Only point I was getting at was it being totally ignored. Rudolph did several things that help trigger it all but in the NFL of today QB's are allowed to walk on the water without interference. Flying helmets and fights have always been part of football at all levels.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
lol looked like good old school ball playing.
Posted By: rong Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
I don't care what was/wasn't said,he needs to be banned FOR LIFE,no questions,send the message,he could also be charged with assault.
There is no room for that kind if behavior.
Posted By: Dess Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
He'll be back after the media focus shifts elsewhere.

Todd Bertuzzi came back and played in the NHL after he broke Steve Moore's neck during an on ice assault.

But for Steve Moore, nothing has been the same since he was attacked by Bertuzzi and driven head-first into the ice on March 8, 2004. Since that night in Vancouver, Moore has never played in the NHL and, at 32, never will again.
Posted By: agazain Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
That quarterback was trying for Miles' head way before it escalated. Send the both of them home to suck on their thumbs. (Hate that a Texas Aggie dropped his cool.)
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by agazain
That quarterback was trying for Miles' head way before it escalated. Send the both of them home to suck on their thumbs. (Hate that a Texas Aggie dropped his cool.)

Granted, Mason grabbed his helmet while they were scrumming on the ground and that may have caused some of what ensued even though it shouldn't have. No one was injured in any way with the helmet grabbing on the ground. Anyone who has played beyond HS knows that chit far beyond helmet grabbing goes on all of the time on a football field and no one tries to hurt anyone else purposefully after the fact in most cases. It could have easily ended and usually does with what happened during the scrum on the ground.

The ex-Aggie initiated the entire bit of crap that ensued with his CS take-down that was not a tackle. The ex-Aggie simply blew his cool and went after Mason's helmet after letting him up off the ground after his take-down. Then he decides since he has the helmet in hand he'd use it as a weapon. Pure bull chit and it shows the ex-Aggie's character to the hilt... Garrett instantly went from a football player to a street thug. Fugg him and let him eat fish heads for a year minimum so other like minded individuals don't decide that if he got away with it, maybe I can too.

Mayfield called it right in his interview after the game. Even ex-Aggies need to be smarter than the "smarts" that Garrett exhibited....
Posted By: sollybug Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Nobody has mentioned that since he came into the league Myles Garrett has been the dirtiest player. He knocked an opposing quarterback out for the season earlier this year on another dirty hit. He has a long history dirty [bleep] that gives the entire league a bad name. He is the new Vontaze Burfict. this is just the latest and most visible infraction. He needs to go.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Fug 'em!

Ain't watched a game since the kneeling episode and won't!
Posted By: Texczech Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
What we need is another Dick Butkus to take the bad ones out. I would have loved watching him flying through the air on Kaperdick.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
At least three personal fouls committed against Mayfield. First, wrestling him to the ground well after he'd released the ball. Then staying on him way late. Second, wrestling his helmet off and hitting him with it. Third, the cheap shot full on hit by #66 on Mayfield as he was asking for the refs to call a penalty.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
At least three personal fouls committed against Mayfield. First, wrestling him to the ground well after he'd released the ball. Then staying on him way late. Second, wrestling his helmet off and hitting him with it. Third, the cheap shot full on hit by #66 on Mayfield as he was asking for the refs to call a penalty.

If Garrrett could have left the helmet issue alone, no one would be talking about his last hit on Rudolph either.

I'm a Mayfield fan and I doubt that he'll ever go after someone with a helmet over something that happens to him on a football field. This isn't about tit for tat. This is about someone losing their cool just because they felt entitled, and it definitely isn't Garrett's first rodeo..
Posted By: horse1 Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
Can't believe that nobody is equating this to Marty McSorley's Tomahawk Chop on Brashear. McSorley was charged with and convicted of assault with a deadly weapon.

A flailing football helmet is every bit as dangerous as a hockey stick.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/15/19
we fought worse playing pick up games growing up.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Alzado -- good example of what happens with too many steroids.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
The lawyers are already talking about a lawsuit for assault. That would be fine by me, as that is what actually happened.

Rudolph himself started it on the ground going after Garrett's helmet. That was a dumb move.

Garrett had a hold of Rudolph's facemask and was yanking him around, he never really intended to remove the helmet so much as he did to whip him around with the facemask. In many ways, he got lucky that the helmet came off or else he may have broke his neck while twisting him around by the facemask.

Garrett hitting with the helmet after that was an illegal move. He'll pay soon enough.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Garrett hitting with the helmet after that was an illegal move. He'll pay soon enough.

He is paying already, $250k fine and suspension without pay is serious hit to the pocket book and that is just for starters. He will definitely pay.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19

He is paying already, $250k fine and suspension without pay is serious hit to the pocket book and that is just for starters. He will definitely pay.

I believe the Team was fined 250k, His lost income for this season alone will be just over a mill.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Assault charges wouldn’t have been out of line.

Whatever. You play with a bunch of animals, you better be one.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by Kenneth

I believe the Team was fined 250k, His lost income for this season alone will be just over a mill.

Yep. That’s correct.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Assault charges wouldn’t have been out of line.

Whatever. You play with a bunch of animals, you better be one.

Yep.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Little QB isn't innocent. He was an instigator in trying to get Garrett's helmet off and he was coming in on a rope to get after Garrett, while he was being restrained. QB should be suspended too for his role, although to a lesser degree.

As a Cowboys fan... I have often wanted to rip off a Steeler helmet and hit someone with it, lol.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19

The $250K fines are on each team. None of that comes out of any player pockets. Garrett's fine this time around is currently undisclosed.

He has already been fined $52,639 in the 2019 season for other chit he's pulled previously. IF he is suspended for the remainder of the season it will cost his roughly $1.16 million in salary.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
it's supposed to be football, not some pussy soccer game

NFL Football the new soccer?
Be nice boys and maybe the girls can play someday

Where's Dick Butkus when you need him
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter
we fought worse playing pick up games growing up.

That was my thought exactly. They talk about charging him....that’s horseshit. He should be sanctioned by the NFL, even banned, but not charged with a crime. There’s some risk associated with going out and hitting each other over and over. 😉
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
bunch of pu.......ys
Butkus never saw a need to rip anyone's helmet off if he wanted to put a hurt on them.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I heard it on the radio this morning, and, put the Klan hood on me if you want but I immediately said to myself, "This was done by a Negro player."

Either I am a Klansman, or just an astute observer of the American social scene.

What race is Richie Incognito?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

What race is Richie Incognito?

Or maybe Google Conrad Dobler.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Football has always had its share of thugs, of all kinds of different shades. The good ones were smart enough to bide their time until the opportune moment, then unload on a guy. It ain’t all that hard to get your licks in and get your opponent’s respect while the ball is in play.
Garrett was pretty late on the hit, and stupid to wrestle him down like he did. I don’t watch football anymore, so I can’t say if he’s a thug or an idiot.
Using a helmet as a club is stupid and dangerous. Garrett’s lucky Rudolph wasn’t hurt. If he can’t control himself on the field, he doesn’t belong there.
Time for him to find a real job.
And Phuq the NFL. The game is violent, and that’s ok. The disrespect is unacceptable
7mm
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Didn’t take long to become a headline article.
7mm

American Thinker
What was the name of that sorry POS that stomped on Aaron Rogers neck while he was down on the ground ???

I’m pretty sure he’s still playing in the NFL. Can’t think of his name right now, but I think he’s playing for the Cowboys.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Butkus never saw a need to rip anyone's helmet off if he wanted to put a hurt on them.

Um, okay.

Butkus probably holds the record for ripping off/separating heads from helmets....and advertising it.

Hush, hush Sweet Charlotte.

Ask Ritchie Petitbone, he was on the same team....Butkus blew HIS helmet off.

That's the only thing I find ironic; how the NFL has become a thug society while its barely a shell of stuff that's commonplace at every training camp practice.

Some of you would [bleep] your pants if you saw what goes on at 99.9 % of college two a days. Dont matter the division or the color of the players.

Cue up the Art Donovan....
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Only point I was getting at was it being totally ignored. Rudolph did several things that help trigger it all but in the NFL of today QB's are allowed to walk on the water without interference. Flying helmets and fights have always been part of football at all levels.

If they discipline Rudolph he simply goes to the popo and files a criminal assault report and the NFL has NO say in how it proceeds. No discipline for Rudolph and he keeps his mouth shut.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Schit.

All they are is a bunch of high paid entertainers.

Cat fights are common among Divas.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by Oakster
Little QB isn't innocent. He was an instigator in trying to get Garrett's helmet off and he was coming in on a rope to get after Garrett, while he was being restrained. QB should be suspended too for his role, although to a lesser degree.

As a Cowboys fan... I have often wanted to rip off a Steeler helmet and hit someone with it, lol.

What game were You watching?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Thursday Night Brawl - 11/18/19
Originally Posted by Frayser

This, in spades!

I see what you did there.
© 24hourcampfire