Home
Posted By: stxhunter ok question.... - 11/15/19
i have tennis elbow or something in my right arm, been going on for several weeks. can't even hardly hold up my sps101. best fix, from anyone who has dealt with this before.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Glucosamine. It will take a couple or a few weeks but it works.
Posted By: Raeford Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Glucosamine. It will take a couple or a few weeks but it works.

That and a good elbow wrap.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Switch to 12 OZ. beer cans instead of 40's!
Jerry
Posted By: pal Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Deep tissue massage (shiatsu) by a pro. It will hurt like hell, at first, but you must endure the pain. And rest it afterwards for as long as you can. Drugging yourself is simply not the answer.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
chit haven't had a beer in three months..... might need to stop beating the meat every morning.
i will look into that.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
chit haven't had a beer in three months..... might need to stop beating the meat every morning.

You gotta stretch & warm up first, damn!
Posted By: JTman Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
I had it in my left arm pretty bad back in August while fishing. Get yourself a good elbow brace, they work. I have two friends that have it really bad and they both wear a brace every day.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Sell me your 101 cheap.

Choke chickens left handed.

2 1500 mg Schiff Move Free Joint Health tabs a day.

(Swallow them. Dont rub them on yer joint)
Posted By: gunzo Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
One of those velcro bands to go around your forearm just below the elbow helped mine. Cheap & available at WM & most pharmacies. They can change the dexterity in finger motion, guess maybe that's the idea, limiting motion or strain on a particular tendon.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Been having bad elbow pain in the left for a few weeks. Hasn't gotten better. Maybe I'll try a brace too.

Working with both wrists injured, bad knees, sore back, arthritus in hips. If we wear a brace everywhere it hurts we'd be wrapped up like a mummy though! blush
Sitting here with left knee wrapped after traipsing up and down the hollars chasing whitetails the past couple of weekends. gave the elbow wrap a rest.
Posted By: Gus Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
lot's of austrailian related products are supposed to help?

almost miraculous?

is it the weather?
Posted By: hanco Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Sucks to get older, something hurts all the time.

Have you tried ibuprofen twice a day for a week or so. My doctor told me to do that when I had a wrist issue. It helped me.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Tennis elbow sucks!

I had it for 6 months. What helped relieve the pain the most for me was to take a container big enough and deep enough to fit my forearm and elbow in. Fill it with water and dump a chidt load of ice cubes in it. Submerge your arm for 5 minutes and you'll get relief.

The 1st minute is awful lol but after that your arm goes numb and you can tolerate the cold. It takes the swelling down and relieves the pain.

I also wore the brace/band thing just below the elbow.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0915/p849.html

Works for me every time.
Posted By: Morewood Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Another vote for the Velcro bands. Used to wear one when swinging hammers too much. The strap helped a little with the chronic soreness by keeping everything tight and in place.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
I had tennis elbow about 4 years ago, picking up a heavy box mostly with my left hand because I had trigger finger surgery on my right hand. It hurt like hell, I went to the orthopedist and he gave me a shot of cortisone, worst pain I ever had! Still hurts when I shoot heavy recoiling rifles. Go see a Dr. and good luck.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sell me your 101 cheap.

Choke chickens left handed.

2 1500 mg Schiff Move Free Joint Health tabs a day.

(Swallow them. Dont rub them on yer joint)

i can hit clay pigeons at a 100 yrd with it, but i can shoot a pistol.... just not as fast as i use too.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Been having bad elbow pain in the left for a few weeks. Hasn't gotten better. Maybe I'll try a brace too.

Working with both wrists injured, bad knees, sore back, arthritus in hips. If we wear a brace everywhere it hurts we'd be wrapped up like a mummy though! blush

you got some idea what i deal with.
Posted By: Dess Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
CBD oil, which is made from marijuana plants helps many people. You can probably get it without the THC (the stuff that gets you high). https://www.cvs.com/shop/personal-care/alternative-care

Good luck to you.
Posted By: 700LH Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
A tablespoon or so of pure MSM twice a day cured mine, I did also take Knox gelatin in the beginning But later times when it would begin to return just MSM did the trick.
Buy a bottle of pure MSM, $15 lb at Amazon or maybe at a local health food store
Cordazone shots were no help and the Doc told me surgery was my only option. I discovered MSM worked for me pruely by accident.
YMMV

If my arm was turned right I couldn't pick up a glass of ice tea to being completely cured.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
i have tennis elbow or something in my right arm, been going on for several weeks. can't even hardly hold up my sps101. best fix, from anyone who has dealt with this before.

DMSO.
Posted By: ingwe Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19

Just use the other hand and take a schitt load of ibuprofen...it takes a WHILE to go away.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just use the other hand and take a schitt load of ibuprofen...it takes a WHILE to go away.

This, and as mentioned in another thread, get some stool softener. I've been taking NSAIDs for a sore shoulder for a couple of months and they can really lock you up.
I take naproxen at night and ibuprophen daytime.
Posted By: Tstorm1 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Trade you...your elbow for my hand that took some stitches yesterday.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Stop holding up your sps101. grin
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
I’ve had tennis elbow on and off for several years. Sometimes it hurts sometimes it doesn’t. I was prescribed Diclofenac (sp?). It’s a cream that you apply a few times a day to your elbow and it has seemed to help. NSAID anti inflammatory medication also helps.

Good luck!
Posted By: smarquez Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
I did it through PT.
low weight, high rep excercises.
curls, reverse curls
extensions, reverse extensions
side extensions, reverse.
A few others. It hurt like hell but the PT said work through the pain.

There are lots of exercise videos on youtube.
Originally Posted by Tstorm1
Trade you...your elbow for my hand that took some stitches yesterday.

lol had mine chewed up by a pit lot of stitches,..... plus 4 pins.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Roger, I had that in my 20's from roping.

I just had to quit using it until it got back to normal. PITA, but you already know that. Hurt me like hell.
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
I had the same trouble and it was from fishing specifically the hook set arm. I commercial fished around 180 days last year so I set the hook on a lot of fish. I got an elbow sleeve and that gave me some relief but then got the Velcro wrap with a small pressure raised section. Put that raised on the tendon and strap it up. It gave me almost instant relief. I often wear the sleeve and the wrap especially when fishing.
Posted By: RickBin Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Roger, I’ve posted this before. You need a wrist immobilizer. Yes. Wrist.

Ask me how I know.

You need to jump on it now before it gets chronic. Ice it, often. Rest it. And wear a wrist immobilizer for a few weeks.

I’ll be glad to provide any/all explanatory info you may want.

Attached picture E2C82FA3-B74F-43FF-B414-41210A958309.jpeg
Attached picture 6880395B-6D19-4D2F-ACEC-EA49F6C10F30.jpeg
Attached picture 523BBF85-DA97-4112-8DD6-68D5F8359EBB.jpeg
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
chit haven't had a beer in three months.....
There's your problem.
Posted By: Texczech Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by pal
Deep tissue massage (shiatsu) by a pro. It will hurt like hell, at first, but you must endure the pain. And rest it afterwards for as long as you can. Drugging yourself is simply not the answer.

Sometimes Drugs are the answer. 😉
Posted By: T_O_M Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
i have tennis elbow

I'd say just be happy it is tennis elbow and not golf balls. smile

I have no magic cures for you. I would get professional help, a real doc, and not count on internet advice. If you have a partly torn tendon or the like and someone's home remedy leads to it being clear torn off rather than recovery, you're pretty well [bleep]. Probably they'll send you in for an MRI since it is soft tissue, look for tears, then if it is generally ok, send you to a physical therapist with specific instructions regarding how to help it recover. That'll be some therapist-assisted exercises. It'll be a pain in the ass, inconveniently timed, expensive, and .. you probably better do it anyway. Might get better on its own, but it might not. The might not part doesn't go anywhere good.

Tom
Originally Posted by RickBin
Roger, I’ve posted this before. You need a wrist immobilizer. Yes. Wrist.

Ask me how I know.

You need to jump on it now before it gets chronic. Ice it, often. Rest it. And wear a wrist immobilizer for a few weeks.

I’ll be glad to provide any/all explanatory info you may want.

just ordered one and a cch for my sp101
Posted By: RickBin Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Agreed.

I waited way too long to see a doc. You should go asap.

In the meantime, put on a wrist immobilizer, and only take it off to ice it.
well do. it hurts bad enough i take opioid pain pills once in a while to sleep.
Posted By: mohave_mauler1 Re: ok question.... - 11/15/19
Might get checked for gout. Have heard of guys getting it in elbows and hands if they have arthritis in the joints from heavy use.
the devil had a wrist brace.
Ginger and pineapple are anti-inflammatories, and will likely make you feel better than you’d suspect they would.

Get a knob of fresh ginger from the grocery store, run it across a cheese grater (for a total of a big spoon’s worth of shavings) into a cup of boiling water, then sip it like tea. Drink two or 3 cups of that for a day or two, and you’ll be feeling lots better.

And it’s cheap.

FC
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19

Did you have to beat him up to get it from him? grin
Posted By: slymule Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
China Gel, you can buy it at Walmart or online. Comes in a jar about the size of a jar of vaseline. Rub it liberally on and around your elbow. Give it 10 minutes, if the throbbing doesnt go away do it again. I've got tennis elbow too, and have never had to apply it more than twice - its amazing stuff.
Posted By: gunzo Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19

The devil ate opioids.

Braces here or there is the sign of a hard working man just getting older. Or .............a pussy. I got 100k that says you ain't a pussy.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Mother f u c k! With all these home remedies, I don't see how a little tennis elbow or jock itch or whatnot stands a freakin' chance. Just rub on some cbd, eat some pineapples and ginsing or whatever and you'll feel goodern' a bo hawg chasin' a sow!
Posted By: ClearAirTurbulence Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19

While you're doing all the rest of that make an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.

Chances are he's seen a lot of what you've got and he will know immediately what you need.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Mother f u c k! With all these home remedies, I don't see how a little tennis elbow or jock itch or whatnot stands a freakin' chance. Just rub on some cbd, eat some pineapples and ginsing or whatever and you'll feel goodern' a bo hawg chasin' a sow!

well kill a couple sunday.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by ClearAirTurbulence

While you're doing all the rest of that make an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.

Chances are he's seen a lot of what you've got and he will know immediately what you need.
IME, you go to a surgeon, you're gonna need surgery. You go to an MD, you're gonna need pills. You go to a bone cruncher, you're gonna need popped. Etc. In the old dayz, the home folks just kept some Old Crow in the cabinet for all this stuff.
Posted By: Strick9 Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Get your arse to the doc, skip the regular doc and see a ortho. I went two years with that pain, tried everything cortizone shots, wrist immobilizer, exercises etc and NADA. Had to have surgery, should have gone earlier and should have had the surgery far earlier.

Took about 3 months for full recovery now its strong as ever and no pain.
Posted By: batch Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
I had something similar and saw a certified massage therapist and he made me realize the pain could get worse, OUCH. After a couple of stints with him the pain cleared and hasn't returned. The therapist laughed the whole time, it was my son and he enjoyed fixing me up. Jerk.
Posted By: JRaw Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Well, since we are all providing amateur suggestions without diagnosis, I'll jump in too.

Long-term use of NSAIDs (ie ibuprofen) can cause kidney problems; my wife's aunt is suffering from this now.

The key to NSAIDs is that they are anti-inflammatory, but it takes a high dose and a few days for the anti-inflammatory to kick in. A few years back I had some bursitis (or something similar) in my forearm/elbow. The pain causes inflammation and inflammation causes irritation which causes pain and the cycle repeats. 800mg of Motrin (ibuprofen) 3x/day for 7-10 can break the cycle. Many people quit after a few days when the pain goes away...but then it comes back.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
I had the same trouble and it was from fishing specifically the hook set arm. I commercial fished around 180 days last year so I set the hook on a lot of fish. I got an elbow sleeve and that gave me some relief but then got the Velcro wrap with a small pressure raised section. Put that raised on the tendon and strap it up. It gave me almost instant relief. I often wear the sleeve and the wrap especially when fishing.

This.

Had it so bad that when I bumped my elbow, it would drop me to my knees.

Use ibuprofen to combat swelling. Adjust your activity that is causing the repetitive injury. Stretching regularly helps to minimize. Mine was in my right elbow. I would extend my arm and rotate my hand thumb down as far as I could. Then massage the tendon that was inflamed. That would provide some relief and minimize the issue.

Other than that, rest is what's needed.

I found acupuncture to help quite a bit. Not every acupuncturist is hte same. 1 guy I used was great. Great results. Others I used the results were just ok.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by ingwe

This!

A schidt load , by the way, is 800mg 3x a day.
If you can get them in a prescription, that's best.
Or, just take 4 normal ones. And always eat with them.
They will tear up your stomach if you take them without food.

PS. Taking Ibu, aspirin or any NSAID is not for pain, nor does
it make you a pussy.

The biggest reason to take them is to relieve the inflammation.
That will allow the healing process to proceed.

The deep tissue message will help.
You can somewhat do it at home.
You can usually feel the knot in the muscle/tendon.
You personally know when there is pressure applied to ir.
That ain't supposed to be theit.
Use your thumbs or knuckles (therapists use something like a rolling pin)
And work on that knot. It will [bleep] hurt!

Or, it's a bursitis thing.
That's pain in the joint itself.

The NSAID's.
Rest.
Ice.
A wrap might help.
Those copper things? Many swear by them, including my Dad.
Others call BS. Who can be sure?
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Uncle went on a trip and left my aunt with $500 cash for an emergency. When he comes home he got a little less than $200 back. She showed him her new copper bracelet and explained that all her pains went away....
Posted By: rem141r Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
might be bursitis. is there a soft lump on the elbow bone? that schit is tough. i wore one of those elastic thingies for about a year to clear mine up. doctor really had no other cure.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Maybe a good reason to buy a S&W 340/360!
Wish I could be more helpful in the medical dept !
Posted By: pal Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Originally Posted by JRaw
...pain causes inflammation...

Uh, you have that backwards.
Posted By: victoro Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
If you actually have tennis elbow you might try this if you can find a Doc who will do it:

"Mayo Clinic doctors helped develop a minimally invasive procedure that uses ultrasound delivered via a needle-like instrument inserted into the damaged tendon. This procedure breaks up the damaged tissue — which can restore function and relieve tennis elbow pain. It can be performed in a doctor's office and requires no stitches."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tennis-elbow/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20351994

I got tennis elbow in 1976 from helping my BIL frame a house and using one of his big framing hammers that I wasn't used to. I couldn't even hold a toothbrush or a cup of coffee the next morning. My Doc told me not to my right hand all even to shake hands. I worked for a living so I had to use my right hand all day every day. He gave a cortisone shot in my elbow and it helped for about a week. I rested when I could and tried everything that has been suggested so far but it took 10 years for the pain to end.
Posted By: hanco Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19
Maybe if you buy a new gun it will make things all better????
Posted By: Kenneth Re: ok question.... - 11/16/19

Ok, here's the deal, tennis elbow, I've been dealing with it for about a year now,

12 months ago I wanted to cut my arm off just above the elbow, never had inflammation that bad before, ever.........

Briefly tried therapy, but gave up due to such inflammation and still continuing to work every day, counter-productive while still working 50 hours a week,

Cortisone shot helped alot, but Ortho said, if you continue to do the same things it may come back,

6 months later, it's back,

Just saw the same Ortho yesterday, No shot at this time for the pain, but start therapy next week,

meanwhile, 2 Aleve a day for 2 weeks, 1 in the morning, one at bed time, that frequency is important he said, maintain it.....

Revisit him in 5 weeks to check for progress.

Don't know what stage your in, but last Fall was horrible pain in the mornings.

You likely need professional help before it gets worse.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: ok question.... - 11/17/19
Taking the NSAID regularly is absolutely a must.
The anti-inflammatory effects don't really kick in until you maintain
a level of the drug in your system.
© 24hourcampfire