Home
Posted By: 7mmStwer Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Interesting question posed by my wife the other day. I was saying how much I liked a particular rifle for deer hunting. She asked me if I had named it. I really never had thought of it but I am sure others had. Do you name yours? ( I am currently thinking of some names for mine)
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Betsy
Bessie, Red Death, Blue Lightning, The Pig.

.22 pistol named Headshot.

P
Posted By: DubThomas Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
My old Remington 700 Ti in 7mm RSAUM is named Thumper. I've been using my Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 X 55 Swede the last two years and she's done real good. I've got to come up with a name for her.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Nope.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
we had a blow hard in our group that named his gun Jake... and would say.. When Jake speaks... meat on the table.

I don't name mine, but I called my franchi shotgun Frank with an Italian accent.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Called a few "Rotten POS!".
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Never have.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I just call mine guns.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Never have, never will.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Lucretia Borgia

https://centerofthewest.org/2014/08/10/lucretia-hunts-buffalo/
Posted By: johnw Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
no
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I don't name rifles, deer, or places I hunt.

Don't much like hunting shows either,
Does it show?
Never really have. I do on occasion refer a couple different ones Dad's Gun in reference to my father, but that's about it. I did name my boat The Minnoh, for the two states I've lived in-Minnesota and Ohio.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Big Mo, a Shiloh Sporter No. 1, .45-90 and Little Mo, same model, .40-70 Sharps Straight.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
don't name mine. their just tools to me.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
Interesting question posed by my wife the other day. I was saying how much I liked a particular rifle for deer hunting. She asked me if I had named it. I really never had thought of it but I am sure others had. Do you name yours? ( I am currently thinking of some names for mine)
.....................Yup!.......300 WSM Ruger Frontier compact appropriately named,,,,,"mighty mouse."
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
My sawed off shotgun - Short Tom !
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
My wife named this one "Pretty-Gun"

IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/Hammerdown_photo/Out%20back/IMG_0570.jpg[/IMG
I never named it but deer lease members called it Doom.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
My builders interpretation of the Model 1792 Contract Rifle. The first model rifle contracted for by the US War Dept. He christened this rifle "Ol’ Whiskey”, in honor of the first conflict this model rifle was used in. The Whiskey Rebellion. Marked so in inside of patchbox lid.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: sse Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
the guy who assembled and built my muzzleloader, an early full-stock Hawken capper, named her 'The Swan', after Liver eatin' Johnson's wife who got killed by the Crow
Posted By: 30338 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Previous owner named this one Lloyd after the gentleman who made the barrel for it. I kind of liked how it sounded so it is Lloyd to me as well.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: memtb Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19

When I was a kid, I named my rifle. I haven’t named one in a while. I once worked with a guy who hoped to hunt Africa, and wanted to purchase a .416 Rigby, and name it “Eleanor”! memtb
Posted By: 30338 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
My builders interpretation of the Model 1792 Contract Rifle. The first model rifle contracted for by the US War Dept. He christened this rifle "Ol’ Whiskey”, in honor of the first conflict this model rifle was used in. The Whiskey Rebellion. Marked so in inside of patchbox lid.

Great looking rifle Kaywoodie.
Not really.

If I had to give it a name I would steal the one given to Jerry Lee Lewis,Killer.LOL
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Oh yes, there is one more. My 18 inch 12 bore, is called "Interperter" When it's out of the safe, everyone understands english.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Which one?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Thanks Amigo!
Posted By: TheSOB Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
When I sporterized my first mauser, I scraped parts from where ever I could. Stainless barrel, blue action, a stock that should have been firewood, you get the picture. I named it Bubba. After all that, it is still one of my more accurate rifles, and a thrill to shoot.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I got an AR-15 I call Sir Jams Alot...
Posted By: memtb Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I guess if I were to name my rifle.....she would be Pheobe, as in Pheobe Annie Oakley! memtb
Posted By: Infidel Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Naming a rifle doesn't make sense to me,-- it's not gonna come when called.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Mr Winky, the Great Throbbing Purple Tower of Passion.

No wait, what?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19

No
Posted By: jnyork Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I call it "rifle".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I couldn’t think of that many names much less remember them.
Posted By: 7mmStwer Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Oh so true
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I didn't name my 30-30, a friend gave the rifle it's name about 35 or so years ago. He called it 'Meat Stick' one day and the name stuck.

added: One other is called "Little Yellow". Because the stock is painted ..... wait for it..........Yellow!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
I name mine after a Disney character...

Thumper!

laugh
Posted By: nmitchell Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Yes I do.
The names are .270,30-06,.243,.22 Hornet etc.
I had a 7 SAUM I named Farrah to make my wife jealous.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Only named a couple, usually whatever my main rifle is is called "Betsy"(yes I liked the Davey Crockett) movies when I was a kid. Been the same 8x57 for a while now(may just stay that way).

For what it's worth and those who know...there was WAY more than one Lucille.
Posted By: Snyper Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
My friend's 4 year old daughter called his shotgun "Nellie"
(It was a Benelli)
I don't name inanimate objects, but I've called them some names if they didn't do what they should.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/20/19
Guy I once worked with told me this story...........he met this chick and was about to get a BJ. She asked him what his talleywhackers name was.....lol, no kidding, I'm not making this up. He said in the heat of the moment, he made up a name for it. She lavished it with affection, calling out the name several times. Some time thereafter, he got a call from her and she said she wanted to see "X" again. He said "who," because he'd forgotten the name he gave her. He finally told her he'd forgotten the name because he'd just made one up. She said that if he'd lie about that, he'd lie about other stuff as well, and hung up the phone. Guy said she was a fruitcake anyway.

Another co-worker who heard the story said to him.........why didn't just call it "Shorty," that would have been easy to remember. Guy said...."fugg you," I wished I'd kept that story to myself.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I use the and on the firearm. Name vehicles the same way.
Posted By: hanco Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
If I miss, I call it a MFer. No way it was me!!!!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Name, no, title, yes.

My 7mm STW Sendero was the "soul ripper". When it was done there was nothing left for Jesus to save. frown It made the most vicious hits of any gun I ever saw. Somehow it took stuff beyond merely dead and .. defiled it.

Tom
Posted By: Morewood Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
First gun I ever bought was Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge. I was just a teenager and had saved my money for months and months to buy it so I was pretty proud of it. Fast forward a few years I had a buddy that was (still is) a talented silversmith. He owed me twenty bucks from a poker game and he was broke so I asked him to engrave my name on my shotgun for the twenty bucks. He agreed. Later, he said it was a PITA - the steel is so hard and one little slip will ruin the whole thing, but he did a beautiful job of it.

Fast forward many years - pheasant hunting with my youngest son he says, "Oh, I see you brought the Davey today." and the name stuck.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19

Had a Model 70 named "Chester the Molester".

The only rifle I have ever named.
Posted By: Hook Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
First two centerfire rifles I hunted with was a Mark X 7X57 and a 45-70 Marlin. The 7X57 had a knack for dropping deer in their tracks and the Marlin was, well....rambunctious. I thought about calling them Thunder and Lightning for obvious reasons. But, I could never really get into it and just never used the names.
Posted By: hanco Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Name, no, title, yes.

My 7mm STW Sendero was the "soul ripper". When it was done there was nothing left for Jesus to save. frown It made the most vicious hits of any gun I ever saw. Somehow it took stuff beyond merely dead and .. defiled it.

Tom

7mm ultra mag and 300 Weatherby are the same way
Posted By: rem141r Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
the only one i have a so-called name for is my 7600 carbine 35 remington. its known as the Meatmaster in my house.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Guy I once worked with told me this story...........he met this chick and was about to get a BJ. She asked him what his talleywhackers name was.....lol, no kidding, I'm not making this up. He said in the heat of the moment, he made up a name for it. She lavished it with affection, calling out the name several times. Some time thereafter, he got a call from her and she said she wanted to see "X" again. He said "who," because he'd forgotten the name he gave her. He finally told her he'd forgotten the name because he'd just made one up. She said that if he'd lie about that, he'd lie about other stuff as well, and hung up the phone. Guy said she was a fruitcake anyway.

Another co-worker who heard the story said to him.........why didn't just call it "Shorty," that would have been easy to remember. Guy said...."fugg you," I wished I'd kept that story to myself.

Hahahahaha

Should've named it Morehead.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Hahahahaha

Should've named it Morehead.

Posted By: mart Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I never did until recently. I started referring to going for a walk with the Colonel when I take the 35 or 400 Whelen hunting.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Yes i name my guns.
I call each one " piece of chit"
Posted By: 222ND Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by jnyork
I call it "rifle".

Very nice shot.
Posted By: Jevyod Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I have not before, but did the one I am getting build. It has a howling wolf head on the floorplate. I am calling her Tikaani. The name is also engraved in the floorplate. Gun has beautiful walnut, and nice curves. Definitely female!!!
Just my .54 caliber Hawken Smoke Pole.

I call it “Ole Betsy” just like Fess Parker called his rifle in the old Disney “Daniel Boone” series. 🤠
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That’s a beauty Bob. I’m jealous! 😬
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Nope.
Posted By: CRS Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
um, no
crazy crazy laugh laugh eek eek wink wink
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I had a Weatherby Mark V that I called the Prom Queen. Somehow her chamber started to loosen up and started showing pressures signs so I traded her for a shortie MS 1950 30/06.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Well.....
Need ta get my doe permit ( up to 3 a day) tommorow.
I have killed 5 does in my entire life, 2 of em this year
I got one buck tag left, already dropped 2.
And got a 10 on the hit list, if he is still alive.
Anytime I go into his turf I will be carrying my sako customized 8mm mauser.
I need to break its cherry.
Opening day on slumlords place Im carrying an Arsenal SLR 100H AK 47.

Now after a 3 yr hiatus and after purchasing a new sightron scope today from a member in spring hill tn ( now have 4 guns rigged up with SII 3-9X42 scopes)
My Mod 70 ot6 will once again hit the woodline.
Does are gonna die.....
Im just doing it to kill em...

Then donate em to one of the wife,s coworkers, ft campbell meat locker, or the hunters for the hungry place at straight line fencing.

Aint got names for my guns
But I have a theme song for the doe kill fest with the mod70 ot6
LOL!!!

Posted By: T_Inman Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I've got Atilla (6.5x284 NORMA)

and Dante (.300 H&H)

I've had Ace, Smoking Joe and Nïgga Bob, but sold them.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
No.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Not so much, but others have a proclivity for naming some of them. If any of you ever get to fondle Special I suggest you not start with the short bus jokes. Might knock your snot into next month.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Only one. My Daewoo K2 is named E II after a gf who is ill-tempered and a bit psychotic.
Posted By: RAS Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Never named a sporting civilian rifle. I did often name whatever rifle I was issued in the Marines. Especially one I carried overseas.
Generally no, but had assigned nicknames in the past (young and silly) - Uncle M14, Dr Parker (Parker Hale 308) and Grandpa Garand.

Apart from that I've also never assigned gender to objects. I know it's part of many European languages to do this, and even you 'mericans do it too with the feminine eg "She's a beaut" "I got a new rifle and I think I'll try her out this weekend", but never the masculine.
I have one that i named Black beauty.

When i got it is was painted black metal and wood.

My wife's cousin took the military stock and refinished it.
He carved a rather unique point on the forend,it looks like a d-ck head.

It is chambered in 7x57 and has not let me down in 16 years.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I guess that I have no soul, blush but I have never named a rifle. I only refer to them by make, model, chambering or some combination of those.
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
My friends started calling my Beretta Mato 7 mm rem mag ole faithful because everytime I have killed all my good Bucks with it. The name kind of stuck. My custom 6.5-06 Is tan in color I started calling it the Pale Horse as a joke because It's taken a Moose a Wolf and a Texas hog with it with just 3 shots and it stacks 127 LRX Barnes into tiny little holes. The name has kinda stuck.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
My Montana ended up being known as Moontuna, A corruption of Montana and halibut.

Posted By: 308ld Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
nope
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I have an AR pistol I've dubbed Garry Coleman.
Posted By: jwall Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
7 S

Of all the rifles I have and have had, I named ONLY 1. I could count on that rifle to put 'meat in the pot' EVERY year I hunted it. So guess what I named it. ??

It belongs to my Son now.

Jerry
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I have one rifle the original owner named "Sweet Thing". It's a custom Mauser 243 with a heavy Douglas barrel. I used to refer to my Ruger MKII stainless 243 with a boat paddle stock as "The Ugly Stick".
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I have an AR pistol I've dubbed Garry Coleman.

LOL
Posted By: wink_man Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I don't really name rifles, but I have a "family" of 5 Remington 760 pumps and then a Remington 7400 I tend to call the "Stepchild Jamomatic" or just the Jamomatic despite the fact that this one shoots and cycles flawlessly every time.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
16# 243AI setup to shoot 105's @ 3250fps w/12-42x56 NXS and 19# 7WSM setup to shoot 162 A-max @ 3375 w/12-42x56 NXS have both been dubbed "Cheater-Guns" by friends.

I typically just refer to them by model and chambering.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Yeah, I call my Remington 700.....N.D.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer

In point of fact I do, I have three I call 7x64, another is called Model 5, and one called 22 hornet...and coincidentally they all have the forename of Brno.

And as an aside we call our vehicles Hilux, Rav, and Yaris.

And yes we are very good at this naming thing so we should probably extend it to the house...we can call it ummm...well... I know..."house".

Man this is liberating!

But seriously, what sort of tool names things?
Posted By: shaman Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I have a few named rifles on the rack.

The Whelenizer: Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen. It was my top deer getter for a decade. I had strangers walk up to me in a restaurant and ask about it. It seems the neighbors could always tell when the shaman had shot the Whelenizer, because of the very distinctive and authoritative report. I finally retired it, because it wasn't killing them any better than a 30-06.

The BLM 670: "Briar Light Magnum" is a Winchester 670 in 30-06 that is now in the possession of #3 son, Angus. It got its moniker for two reasons. First is that I always said that if they re-introduced the 30-06 and called it the 30 Light Magnum, sales would be through the roof. Second, was that the scope kind of fell apart on me one day, and I made a repair using a steel washer and a bolt. I used O.T.'s mower shop over on the next ridge for the procedure and made it back out for the afternoon hunt.
[Linked Image]

See Briar Engineering and the 30-06

God's Will: KYHillChick came to me in 2006 and revealed she'd had a dream in which God had told her to learn how to shoot long distances. He'd revealed a future in which she'd have to reclaim our cabin by sniping. When a hillbilly gets a revelation from the Almighty, I don't dick around. I went out and bought her a Savage 110 in 30-06 and put a youth stock on it. In short order, she was shooting milk jugs from 450 yards.

Luigi: This was one of Bob's favorite conversation pieces. Bob's my recently departed gunwriter friend. It is a 1960's Ohio Deer Hunter's wet dream, a Stoeger 12 GA SXS with Mauser K98 sights welded on. Bob acquired it just as The Godfather II was coming out, and it reminded him of that scene where all the Sicilians are shooting at each other with double-barrelled shotguns.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I had a Weatherby Mark V that I called the Prom Queen. Somehow her chamber started to loosen up and started showing pressures signs!

I have known women like that!
Posted By: jeeper Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19

Some of the names are , New School , Old school , Old iron, the Walmart gun, Old Betsy.
Posted By: bugs4 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
My primary 7-08 deer rifle is "Mr. Ugly" and my semi-long-range deer/varmint .243 AI is known as "the Pink Death".
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Forgot to mention Annchen and Liebchen, my two Jägers

Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Considered naming this one Kraut Hammer. Whaddya think?

Posted By: kenster99 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I have a Universal m1 carbine. Jams a lot, very inaccurate, broke the firing pin once. Really need to get rid of it. I named it Obama.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
We named a couple of service rifles back in the day, seemed it was a trend.

Kind of seems stupid to me now, so not anymore.

Did have a 300 mag all black, that was named Black Plague. Seems even more stupid now. But I used to wear camouflage back then to go sit in a box stand too... LOL
Posted By: Windfall Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Only Vesuvius, one of my magnums. Dependable enough, but kind of loud.
Yep, but then I don’t have many rifles and not all of them get a name, would prolly have more, but I’m a southpaw

7 lb 4 Oz. 7 mag, first rifle I bought for myself, all these Lt weight micro weight rifles weren’t readily available during my prime sheep hunting days. It’s the rifle I used most for my own hunting, but also took it guiding a season or three, I paid 3x what I paid for the rifle to slim it up. Anything I’ve ever shot at has died 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lucky rifle I guess, it’s called the Death Wand

.338 = Thumper

Pistol grip 18.5 in bbl 12 ga. =. Lil brother

45/70 guide gun parkerized = BUC ( lil Brothers Ugly Cousin )

7mm 08 Nula =. Jungle fever.
No names for my stuff. However, sometimes the Ruger 480 SRH is referred to as The Big Dog.

"Ya gotta let da Big Dog bark"

Originally Posted by Infidel
Naming a rifle doesn't make sense to me,-- it's not gonna come when called.

Heck neither do the wife, kids or dogs and cat 🤷🏻‍♂️ But they all have names
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've got Atilla (6.5x284 NORMA)

Dang buddy, I like shooting coyotes as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to lay down in the snow to do it!

'Specially that cold-ass snow they got in MT!

Bad enough shovelin' the warm stuff in AZ.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I've thought about this thread. I pondered it like Judge Wapner would over a commercial break for Wash n Go with Pert shampoo.

My answer no.

If feel that when someone names something like a car, it's because it's a piece of shît.

Note* just me I don't name objects.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I wanted a Shiloh from the first add I ever saw for them in a gun mag back in the 70's .didn't get my 1st one till 1991,it's a Long Range Express with a 34" std barrel chambered for 50-140 3 1/4". I call it "Krakatoa". I had a Business Rifle 74 model built by Shiloh in 2010 with extra features, 1 being a 30" round barrel from the #2 Creedmoor model instead of a std weight 28". It's in 45 2 7/8" for antelope to buffalo from near to a mile I call it the "All Business rifle". A few years back Shiloh listed some 74's made for the gun inventory for over the counter sales I went up to Big Timber to pick one out on Halloween of 2015 and ended up with a 34 " HB Montana Roughrider in 45-70 it's pretty front end heavy and I named it " Big Kate" after a gal I knew who had the same problem. 7 months later I won one just like it with a 30" barrel so I call it "Little Sis". I am getting old now and prefer not to clutter my mind with anymore names for guns. I do remember "Bulleit", "Pendleton" "Makers Mark" at the liquor store though. MB
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
No
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Yup, little Shiloh 45-70 is 'weak sister'........newest custom build is 'candy' smile
Posted By: Frayser Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
I'm not gay, so no.
Posted By: Fugawe Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
When I was 19 I called my Remington 700 .375H&H 'Tinkerbelle'.

I like to call my Ruger #1 45-70(loaded with 400gr handloads at 1920fps) 'Sledgehammer'.

My Ruger Standard Auto .22 has always been 'Mr Ruger'.

My Stepdad in Texas had a custom Mauser in .270 that he called 'The Killer'. He practiced constantly on jackrabbits and was absolutely deadly with it.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/21/19
Before he passed SSB named my Savage ultra light
"The Wand"

I liked it
Hank
Posted By: jwall Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/22/19
Originally Posted by jwall
7 S

Of all the rifles I have and have had, I named ONLY 1. I could count on that rifle to put 'meat in the pot' EVERY year I hunted it. So guess what I named it. ??

It belongs to my Son now.

Addendum :

I did not name this one but it’s Factory Model Name is appropriate.

My 300 WM, Mod 70 “Black Shadow” makes me smile when I think about it. smile

It’s effective. grin

Jerry
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/22/19
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I wanted a Shiloh from the first add I ever saw for them in a gun mag back in the 70's .didn't get my 1st one till 1991,it's a Long Range Express with a 34" std barrel chambered for 50-140 3 1/4". I call it "Krakatoa". I had a Business Rifle 74 model built by Shiloh in 2010 with extra features, 1 being a 30" round barrel from the #2 Creedmoor model instead of a std weight 28". It's in 45 2 7/8" for antelope to buffalo from near to a mile I call it the "All Business rifle". A few years back Shiloh listed some 74's made for the gun inventory for over the counter sales I went up to Big Timber to pick one out on Halloween of 2015 and ended up with a 34 " HB Montana Roughrider in 45-70 it's pretty front end heavy and I named it " Big Kate" after a gal I knew who had the same problem. 7 months later I won one just like it with a 30" barrel so I call it "Little Sis". I am getting old now and prefer not to clutter my mind with anymore names for guns. I do remember "Bulleit", "Pendleton" "Makers Mark" at the liquor store though. MB

Magnum Bob,
When we start drinking we don't want to read long answers.

Just an FYI.

You're welcome.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Do you name your rifle? - 11/22/19
Named my Honda Pioneer “MoonDawg”
© 24hourcampfire