Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don't really name rifles, but I have a "family" of 5 Remington 760 pumps and then a Remington 7400 I tend to call the "Stepchild Jamomatic" or just the Jamomatic despite the fact that this one shoots and cycles flawlessly every time.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
16# 243AI setup to shoot 105's @ 3250fps w/12-42x56 NXS and 19# 7WSM setup to shoot 162 A-max @ 3375 w/12-42x56 NXS have both been dubbed "Cheater-Guns" by friends.

I typically just refer to them by model and chambering.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I call my Remington 700.....N.D.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 7mmStwer
Interesting question posed by my wife the other day. I was saying how much I liked a particular rifle for deer hunting. She asked me if I had named it. I really never had thought of it but I am sure others had. Do you name yours? ( I am currently thinking of some names for mine)

In point of fact I do, I have three I call 7x64, another is called Model 5, and one called 22 hornet...and coincidentally they all have the forename of Brno.

And as an aside we call our vehicles Hilux, Rav, and Yaris.

And yes we are very good at this naming thing so we should probably extend it to the house...we can call it ummm...well... I know..."house".

Man this is liberating!

But seriously, what sort of tool names things?

Last edited by JSTUART; 11/21/19.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a few named rifles on the rack.

The Whelenizer: Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen. It was my top deer getter for a decade. I had strangers walk up to me in a restaurant and ask about it. It seems the neighbors could always tell when the shaman had shot the Whelenizer, because of the very distinctive and authoritative report. I finally retired it, because it wasn't killing them any better than a 30-06.

The BLM 670: "Briar Light Magnum" is a Winchester 670 in 30-06 that is now in the possession of #3 son, Angus. It got its moniker for two reasons. First is that I always said that if they re-introduced the 30-06 and called it the 30 Light Magnum, sales would be through the roof. Second, was that the scope kind of fell apart on me one day, and I made a repair using a steel washer and a bolt. I used O.T.'s mower shop over on the next ridge for the procedure and made it back out for the afternoon hunt.
[Linked Image]

See Briar Engineering and the 30-06

God's Will: KYHillChick came to me in 2006 and revealed she'd had a dream in which God had told her to learn how to shoot long distances. He'd revealed a future in which she'd have to reclaim our cabin by sniping. When a hillbilly gets a revelation from the Almighty, I don't dick around. I went out and bought her a Savage 110 in 30-06 and put a youth stock on it. In short order, she was shooting milk jugs from 450 yards.

Luigi: This was one of Bob's favorite conversation pieces. Bob's my recently departed gunwriter friend. It is a 1960's Ohio Deer Hunter's wet dream, a Stoeger 12 GA SXS with Mauser K98 sights welded on. Bob acquired it just as The Godfather II was coming out, and it reminded him of that scene where all the Sicilians are shooting at each other with double-barrelled shotguns.

[Linked Image]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I had a Weatherby Mark V that I called the Prom Queen. Somehow her chamber started to loosen up and started showing pressures signs!

I have known women like that!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Some of the names are , New School , Old school , Old iron, the Walmart gun, Old Betsy.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
My primary 7-08 deer rifle is "Mr. Ugly" and my semi-long-range deer/varmint .243 AI is known as "the Pink Death".

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Forgot to mention Annchen and Liebchen, my two Jägers

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Considered naming this one Kraut Hammer. Whaddya think?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a Universal m1 carbine. Jams a lot, very inaccurate, broke the firing pin once. Really need to get rid of it. I named it Obama.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We named a couple of service rifles back in the day, seemed it was a trend.

Kind of seems stupid to me now, so not anymore.

Did have a 300 mag all black, that was named Black Plague. Seems even more stupid now. But I used to wear camouflage back then to go sit in a box stand too... LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only Vesuvius, one of my magnums. Dependable enough, but kind of loud.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, but then I don’t have many rifles and not all of them get a name, would prolly have more, but I’m a southpaw

7 lb 4 Oz. 7 mag, first rifle I bought for myself, all these Lt weight micro weight rifles weren’t readily available during my prime sheep hunting days. It’s the rifle I used most for my own hunting, but also took it guiding a season or three, I paid 3x what I paid for the rifle to slim it up. Anything I’ve ever shot at has died 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lucky rifle I guess, it’s called the Death Wand

.338 = Thumper

Pistol grip 18.5 in bbl 12 ga. =. Lil brother

45/70 guide gun parkerized = BUC ( lil Brothers Ugly Cousin )

7mm 08 Nula =. Jungle fever.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No names for my stuff. However, sometimes the Ruger 480 SRH is referred to as The Big Dog.

"Ya gotta let da Big Dog bark"

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/21/19.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Infidel
Naming a rifle doesn't make sense to me,-- it's not gonna come when called.

Heck neither do the wife, kids or dogs and cat 🤷🏻‍♂️ But they all have names

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've got Atilla (6.5x284 NORMA)

Dang buddy, I like shooting coyotes as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to lay down in the snow to do it!

'Specially that cold-ass snow they got in MT!

Bad enough shovelin' the warm stuff in AZ.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've thought about this thread. I pondered it like Judge Wapner would over a commercial break for Wash n Go with Pert shampoo.

My answer no.

If feel that when someone names something like a car, it's because it's a piece of shît.

Note* just me I don't name objects.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wanted a Shiloh from the first add I ever saw for them in a gun mag back in the 70's .didn't get my 1st one till 1991,it's a Long Range Express with a 34" std barrel chambered for 50-140 3 1/4". I call it "Krakatoa". I had a Business Rifle 74 model built by Shiloh in 2010 with extra features, 1 being a 30" round barrel from the #2 Creedmoor model instead of a std weight 28". It's in 45 2 7/8" for antelope to buffalo from near to a mile I call it the "All Business rifle". A few years back Shiloh listed some 74's made for the gun inventory for over the counter sales I went up to Big Timber to pick one out on Halloween of 2015 and ended up with a 34 " HB Montana Roughrider in 45-70 it's pretty front end heavy and I named it " Big Kate" after a gal I knew who had the same problem. 7 months later I won one just like it with a 30" barrel so I call it "Little Sis". I am getting old now and prefer not to clutter my mind with anymore names for guns. I do remember "Bulleit", "Pendleton" "Makers Mark" at the liquor store though. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.