Home
I think that they likely are. Even though the impeachment inquiry is a sham, I don't see any way that they can/will decline to hold an impeachment vote in the full House. There are, I think, 31 democrat representatives from districts that Trump won in 2016. Those representatives are going to be between a rock and a hard place. If they vote to impeach, they piss off independents, who bought their bs in 2018 and voted for them. If they vote to not impeach, they piss off party leaders and their base. Either way, some of them are hurting their chances for 2020.

If they hold the vote and lose because of some democrat defections, the party leadership looks like the pathetic, hateful, vindictive losers that they are. That can't be helpful to 2020 democrats in House, Senate or Presidential races.

If they vote to impeach along party lines, it shows that the whole impeachment process has been nothing but a partisan attack on Trump, who they have been attacking for more than three years now.

Schiff might be able to set the rules for the House impeachment inquiry, but Senate Republicans will set the rules for an impeachment trial. It is pretty likely that the Senate would require that the trial follow the Federal Rules of Evidence. Most of what we've heard/seen, during the inquiry, would be excluded either as hearsay or simply not being relevant. Also, Schiff wouldn't be in charge of who gets called and what questions are asked. In fact, it is likely that Schiff, himself, would be called as a witness. He would be destroyed during cross (I assume that the FREs allow for the cross examination of adverse witnesses the same as the Michigan Rules of Evidence). Also the whistleblower (actually the criminal leaker-- not a real whistleblower), Hunter Biden and Joe Biden could be called. The Senate trial could turn into a public disaster for the democrats.

What's your take?
I think you have a pretty good analysis, but I have no idea which way it's going to go. Everything seems so crazy, We're just gonna have to wait and see it play out
I just hope the dimashitts shoot them selfs in the head and quit this stupid chitt
I hope you are right!!!!
Originally Posted by 44mc
I just hope the dimashitts shoot them selfs in the head and quit this stupid chitt

Would be nice, but I think the democrats have too much invested in attacking Trump. They won't stop for at least five more years, and maybe not even then.
If this goes to the senate, the Republicans will be in charge and can call any witness they wish. The Dummycrats will be sorry it went that far because you know they will call the supposed "whistleblower" to testify, the Dems will try and fight it but will have no choice. One other thing, they need to call that pencil neck geek Schiff to testify under oath, he's been nothing but a lying scumbag and this will give the GOP a chance to get his sorry azz on perjury. That's my take anyways.
The corrupt Dems will regret this coup attempt for years to come.
Originally Posted by acy
I think that they likely are. Even though the impeachment inquiry is a sham, I don't see any way that they can/will decline to hold an impeachment vote in the full House. There are, I think, 31 democrat representatives from districts that Trump won in 2016. Those representatives are going to be between a rock and a hard place. If they vote to impeach, they piss off independents, who bought their bs in 2018 and voted for them. If they vote to not impeach, they piss off party leaders and their base. Either way, some of them are hurting their chances for 2020.

If they hold the vote and lose because of some democrat defections, the party leadership looks like the pathetic, hateful, vindictive losers that they are. That can't be helpful to 2020 democrats in House, Senate or Presidential races.

If they vote to impeach along party lines, it shows that the whole impeachment process has been nothing but a partisan attack on Trump, who they have been attacking for more than three years now.

Shiff might be able to set the rules for the House impeachment inquiry, but Senate Republicans will set the rules for an impeachment trial. It is pretty likely that the Senate would require that the trial follow the Federal Rules of Evidence. Most of what we've heard/seen, during the inquiry, would be excluded either as hearsay or simply not being relevant. Also, Shiff wouldn't be in charge of who gets called and what questions are asked. In fact, it is likely that Shiff, himself, would be called as a witness. He would be destroyed during cross (I assume that the FREs allow for the cross examination of adverse witnesses the same as the Michigan Rules of Evidence). Also the whistleblower (actually the criminal leaker-- not a real whistleblower), Hunter Biden and Joe Biden could be called. The Senate trial could turn into a public disaster for the democrats.

What's your take?

I think you've got it. The only way they dare not push this through to a full House vote is if the public polling shows significant anger and potential mobilization of the GOP/Trump voting block and apathy by the middle. That will be the signs that Trump has won, and voting to impeach will piss the voters off to the point that Trump wins 350 electoral votes and the House back.

The only possible out I see for Pelosi is for her at the end of the day to say "We have all the evidence of High Crimes and Misdemeanors, but have no confidence in the GOP controlled Senate to its duty. Therefore, we will let the American people speak at the polls in a few months".

Otherwise, they vote, it goes to the Senate and is dismissed and Trump becomes a sympathetic figure to many in the middle (a la Bill Clinton). GOP voters are pissed and turn out in historic numbers and Dems take an extraordinary beating in the House.
I agree the Dem's end game is a head scratcher, my best guess is pure desperation..... for example the I.G. report came out today and not a word by the MSM.
They also hope to create doubt going into the election, problem is poll's show Trump gaining support..
This could be the end for these Dem's.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
If this goes to the senate, the Republicans will be in charge and can call any witness they wish. The Dummycrats will be sorry it went that far because you know they will call the supposed "whistleblower" to testify, the Dems will try and fight it but will have no choice. One other thing, they need to call that pencil neck geek Schiff to testify under oath, he's been nothing but a lying scumbag and this will give the GOP a chance to get his sorry azz on perjury. That's my take anyways.

Can you imagine if the GOP in the Senate call witnesses and expose Biden fully and HRC and Uranium 1? Talk about backfiring!
I don't think so. We would like to perceive it that way but I think our country is so divided, with so few fence-sitters, that their mistakes don't cost them nor do our mistakes cost us. People have made up their minds which party they'll vote for already and there just is not much that will move them in either direction. I don't see anyone supporting Bernie or Hillary in the past changing to become a Trump supporter nor do I see any Trump supporters jumping ship to vote democrat. The lines have been drawn, sides have been taken, and .. no, to answer your question, even if something SHOULD paint someone into a corner, we are too divided for that to make one iota of difference.

Tom
The criminals and traitors simply won't honor subpoenas or answer questions, stating "it's Trump who is on trial".

DC is completely out of control and needs a flushing.
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I don't think so. We would like to perceive it that way but I think our country is so divided, with so few fence-sitters, that their mistakes don't cost them nor do our mistakes cost us. People have made up their minds which party they'll vote for already and there just is not much that will move them in either direction. I don't see anyone supporting Bernie or Hillary in the past changing to become a Trump supporter nor do I see any Trump supporters jumping ship to vote democrat. The lines have been drawn, sides have been taken, and .. no, to answer your question, even if something SHOULD paint someone into a corner, we are too divided for that to make one iota of difference.

Tom

I agree 100% with this.
The democrat base is loving this. They imagine that Mr. Trump is living in total anguish. I really think Mr. Trump has decided to let the democrats play their stupid game and take a vote. I think Acy is on to something. Let them vote and then see if it causes them headaches next November. I personally think the democrats will lose in November if we conservatives (and republicans) continue to support Constitutionalist and conservative candidates.

But, if we snooze and get complacent the dems are going to wipe the floor with us. Also keep in mind the dems are going to cheat at every opportunity. We can't let one vote slip buy us.

kwg
Since these SHAM impeachment hearings began and up to and including today, Trump's poll #s are going up. Reported today on Fox that there has been an increase among independents by 10% OPPOSING impeachment.

Furthermore among swing states such as Wisconsin, a 2% increase opposing impeachment.

So according to poll #s, YEP the demeeeRATS are painting themselves into a corner.....

GOOD!
I listened to liberals calling in to a conservative radio show today. They're completely insane and blinded to the truth. They're not going away w/o help.
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Tom

I can't argue with this, either. I know that there is nothing that could make me vote for a democrat, at any level. I don't have any idea how many people are "on the fence". It's hard to imagine many, but who really knows. I know that I don't know any of them. Especially as it relates to Trump. The key is likely voter enthusiasms. If the democrats come off bad enough, it could really hurt them in turnout. That's my thought, anyway.
Here we go, another feel good post. But what else is there to do!
I figure if the whistle blower gates called out , he will have a terrible accident or some “convienient” Trump supporter will off him and give the media and libs another circus rent to sell tickets too.
Kenneth
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

I don't feel the least bit good about the state of politics in this country. Doesn't change the validity of my opinion, or the opinion of others.
You could shut the hell up and go away for good you liberal piece of crap. Get used to Trump being your president stupid.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
I figure if the whistle blower gates called out , he will have a terrible accident or some “convienient” Trump supporter will off him and give the media and libs another circus rent to sell tickets too.
Kenneth

OK do you figure that is what trump and the republicans want to happen?
Originally Posted by irfubar
I agree the Dem's end game is a head scratcher, my best guess is pure desperation..... for example the I.G. report came out today and not a word by the MSM.
They also hope to create doubt going into the election, problem is poll's show Trump gaining support..
This could be the end for these Dem's.

When did the IG report come out. I have looked everywhere and can't find that it was released. Did I misread your post?
Originally Posted by acy

I don't feel the least bit good about the state of politics in this country. Doesn't change the validity of my opinion, or the opinion of others.

Me neither! Especially ever since corporations are now citizens. But hey we got the best government money can buy doncha know.

Puff off, commie!
Originally Posted by acy

Me neither! Especially ever since corporations are now citizens. But hey we got the best government money can buy doncha know.

We have the best government for malfeasance, graft, money laundering, pedophelia, race baiting, etc.... that Democrat swamp creatures have set up in direct contravention of our nation's Constitution, and the enrichment of themselves. So spare me the bullschit posts and go back to hugging your emotional support gerbil.
Obama started dividing the country , the dems are hell bent on starting a Civil War.
When cornered, they become dangerous. Another big shooting coming?
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Obama started dividing the country , the dems are hell bent on starting a Civil War.

Yep. Fuqkers sure won’t like it when it arrives though.
It won’t end well for them.
I don't know how anybody can continue to pay attention the Democrat clown show any longer.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by acy

We have the best government for malfeasance, graft, money laundering, pedophelia, race baiting, etc.... that Democrat swamp creatures have set up in direct contravention of our nation's Constitution, and the enrichment of themselves. So spare me the bullschit posts and go back to hugging your emotional support gerbil.

I stand by my "best government money can buy" enabled by both parties. Don't think for even a second they both aren't in the same ballgame.
Of the 31 dems from Trump districts, 27 could abstain and 4 vote with the Republicans, and articles of impeachment would still pass.

Or, they could vote to censure. Try to give Trump a black-eye, but keep the proceedings out of the Senate.
Don't think for even a second they both aren't in the same ballgame.

Why does your team want to take the guns?

I doubt the whistleblower will ever testify, the public didn't find out who deep throat was until 2005, a full 31 years after Nixon's resignation. At this point the whistleblower has very little relevant information that he can provide that hasn't been provided by others such as Vindman and Sondland. Schiff will likely be tasked as the House's prosecutor in presenting evidence and arguing for impeachment at a Senate trial, it's doubtful Schiff will be asked to testify and Justice Roberts will preside and resolve any disputes like this in a Senate trial.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/deep-throat-is-revealed

The big wildcard in all of this is whether or not John Bolton ends up testifying or not in the House impeachment hearings, that's still up in the air.
Originally Posted by Squidge

I doubt the whistleblower will ever testify, the public didn't find out who deep throat was until 2005, a full 31 years after Nixon's resignation. At this point the whistleblower has very little relevant information that he can provide that hasn't been provided by others such as Vindman and Sondland. Schiff will likely be tasked as the House's prosecutor in presenting evidence and arguing for impeachment at a Senate trial, it's doubtful Schiff will be asked to testify and Justice Roberts will preside and resolve any disputes like this in a Senate trial.

The big wildcard in all of this is whether or not John Bolton ends up testifying or not in the House impeachment hearings, that's still up in the air.

Nixon resigned after articles were votes out of committee with a bipartisan vote.

Trumps not resigning, and the Senate's not going to fold.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Don't think for even a second they both aren't in the same ballgame.

Why does your team want to take the guns?

LOL
Nuff said, eh bear!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Nixon resigned after articles were votes out of committee with a bipartisan vote.

Hard to say what will happen with the Senate, at this point it looks very likely they won't fold but there a few wildcards out there that could become game changers.

Hard to say what will happen with the Senate, at this point it looks very likely they won't fold but there a few wildcards out there that could become game changers.

Still need 2/3rd in the Senate to remove. Ain't happening.
Still need 2/3rd in the Senate to remove. Ain't happening.

While unlikely to happen if the vote were held tomorrow, there is still a possibility things could go further south in the next month or two, never say never. If the rats in the Senate do jump ship, they will do it all at once in an attempt to save their majority next November. Both sides are gambling on how this will play out next year so stayed tuned, it's still very early in this high stakes impeachment game. Hard to say who has the winning hand until all of the cards are on the table, today we saw the Sondland card played.
................................How about you going into your favorite medicine cabinet and taking your TDS meds there saUPCHUCK!!..............U might feeeeeeeeeel betta!
Or, they could vote to censure. Try to give Trump a black-eye, but keep the proceedings out of the Senate.
This is probably their end game, they are stirring shet and bluffing. They know this won't fly. They are depending on a bunch of stupid people saying "where there's this much smoke".
I like the way Trump and the white hats are dragging things out and letting the deep state NWO traitorus coup members step up the gallows and put their own necks in the noose, like that stupid puke Vindman just did.

Maybe the Ambass was enjoying showing Trump did nothing wrong. Several who testified got their info to testify from Sonlands perception Trump wanted a quid. Maybe that's why he was smiling through the entire testimony when he revealed Trump didnt want any quid pro quo.

Did Sonland work to draw never Trumpers coup members out? Maybe that's why he didnt put Trumps words in the 23 pages. He let antiTrumpers jump in and hang themselves.

Trump and we know what they are but they are showing the folks how crooked and stupid they are, especially Shifty.

I G initial devastating report comes out Monday, Dec 9.
Their not going to vote before the election. They just want to have their lies about Trump publicized so Trump will not be re-elected.
You would think someone with half a brain would see this as political suicide. Yet progressive liberals who pride themselves in critical thinking are clueless...
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
You would think someone with half a brain would see this as political suicide. Yet progressive liberals who pride themselves in critical thinking are clueless...

Just look at a few of the members here, completely clueless and afflicted by TDS they can't see straight.

To liberal socialist Democrats and their backers the end always, ALWAYS justifies the means. For them it's all about winning and maintaining control. They couldn't care less the means nor depths of deceit and corruption used, regardless how blatantly obvious, as long as they achieve their desired ends.
My wife sez the schiff show is knocking out all the daily soap-opera viewing and
American housewives (demo voters) are ready to march on Washington over it.
Never forget, they have nearly the entire news media spreading their lies, both about them and us.

Those who watch Fox, OAN, and News Max are primarily conservatives and if a liberal watches it's primarily for the same reason we watch CNN: to see what the enemy is saying now.

I'm afraid the death of this country is at hand. Trump can't fight the demoncraps, never Trumpers, the media, deep state, and foreign lieberals alone. But we are making him. Shame on us all!

The coup d'etat will go violent soon. Those of Trump's inner circle and Trump will likely be assassinated.

What these people are doing could very easily get them legally hanged, incarcerated for decades, or banished.

They are rich people and will not stand for that. So they will do anything at all to avoid the rule of law.

Remember, we get the government we deserve. Do something to deserve the real America, for you and more, for your kids.
You are correct.
If the people rise up to protect the rule of law and the republic it will get bloody fast.
Acy: With the aid of the boot licking members of the demonrats propaganda arm (the American media of every type!) the demonrats will just "wait for the paint to dry" and walk out of that corner they find themselves in now and simply carry on as if they had done nothing wrong.
Damage to the deceitful, dishonest, devious, divisive demonrats will be minimal - sadly.
Again you can thank the demonrat bootlickers in the American media for this gigantic political propaganda scheme.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
100% not guilty
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Well, we can only hope it will be devastating (at last), but I wouldn't bet much on it being other than more diluted & watered down milk toast nonsense.

MM
Graham has already said that the whistleblower WILL testify and all of Schitt's hearsay crap will not even make the floor. If the Dem's try to stop the testimony of the whistleblower or try to force the hearsay, it will stop immediately. Hopefully, we can trust him on this particular fact.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
If the people rise up to protect the rule of law and the republic it will get bloody fast.

Anybody that "rises up" will be quickly gunned down, labeled an "extreme right wing domestic terrorist" and a search of the house will find 20,000 rounds of ammunition and 50 guns. Case closed.

Next!
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Well, we can only hope it will be devastating (at last), but I wouldn't bet much on it being other than more diluted & watered down milk toast nonsense.

MM

i don't know where that informatoin came from, but if true would explain the marathon 'inquiry' testimony sessions. the dems would not want to try an impeachment vote after a bad IG report
© 24hourcampfire