Home
Posted By: wabigoon Good Morning early Riesers! - 11/21/19
I am about to make coffee, it's rainy, and windy in NW Iowa.
Morning Sir,

Raining here in the Phoenix area too. I'm about ready to head to work.

I've always been an early riser. Wife hates that I find it hard to stay awake in the evenings. She's more of a night owl.
What's a rieser? smile
I'd like to sleep late like I did when I was much younger. It took wild horses to drag me out back then.
Good morning from TN cloudy and warm about 50 degrees. We are expecting about 2 in. Of rain starting this evening thru Saturday morning which is opening day of our rifle season.
As a kid, it was hard for me to sleep very late. For the last say 40 years, I would say 5am is when I would wake up.
Good morning from NE Illinois, rainy and windy here too. I've been an early riser since about age 12 with a morning paper route. Rolling up the papers at the kitchen table and stuffing them in my bag even before my dad was out of bed for work. And then 40 years of early mornings for my construction job. I'm a party pooper much past 8:30 in the evening any more! I raise my cup o joe to all you other early risers!
Originally Posted by wilbilly
Good morning from TN cloudy and warm about 50 degrees. We are expecting about 2 in. Of rain starting this evening thru Saturday morning which is opening day of our rifle season.
yup

Bubba and Gerald will have to hit up the Rural King for more illegal corn after it washes away. The horror of it all.
I was up at 4:00 and showered and now I'm just finishing the first pot of coffee. I always get up early and hit the sack early as well. 8:00 pm is bedtime for this geezer. My mental alarm is set at 4:00 am and has been for decades.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Good Morning early Riesers! - 11/21/19
The older I get the harder it is to get a full nights sleep. So here I am
Posted By: hanco Re: Good Morning early Riesers! - 11/21/19
Was up at 3:25. Punched in at 4:30. Off at 3:00. Tomorrow and Saturday be overtime
What time I wake up all depends on how tired I am and what time I went to bed. Some mornings I'm up at 4 am, most mornings I'm up around 5 or 5:30, but some days I'll sleep till 7.
Was up at 5:00 today because of the wind. Serious canyon winds all night, with a peak gust of 50 mph a few minutes before 5:00 - which is what woke me up. It has even affected my rain gauge, which tells me we got two inches of rain last night. Nope. Steady state wind right at 20 mph and it's 37° right now.

Goodbye Indian Summer! Looks like my golf is done for the year. Fishing was done a month ago.
Originally Posted by slumlord
yup

Bubba and Gerald will have to hit up the Rural King for more illegal corn after it washes away. The horror of it all.

They had pics years ago of bubbamade rain proof trough corn feeders on Tn deer.
Of course they was only for game cam surveying before the season and never located by a shooting house.
Never on private land that bordered a national wildlife refuge.
Posted By: Dess Re: Good Morning early Riesers! - 11/21/19
Rain turned to snow overnight. Nowhere I have to be this morning. Coffee on, fuzzy slippers, life is good. Hope it's the same for everyone.
Originally Posted by renegade50
yup

Of course they was only for game cam surveying before the season and never located by a shooting house.

Yeah man we can't hit anything out of a climbing stand without a truck door welded to the side of it for support.😃
Originally Posted by renegade50
yup

Yeah man we can't hit anything out of a climbing stand without a truck door welded to the side of it for support.😃
Got up about 6:20 a.m......... Clear, calm, and 32 degrees on the south shore of Lake Ontario. I should be out in my deer stand but I have a sister that needs a ride to a dentist appointment. Presently having coffee and perusing the web.
Was up by 4:30 again this AM.

Seems to be about my normal time.

Worked an early day shift in a saw mill for 42 years.

My internal clock is still set for getting up at 3:30

Have a good morning all!

Virgil B.
I am usually up by 4 - 4:30 every morning. Best part of the day.
Only reason to be up before dawn is hunting.
I don’t post much but
I have beat the sun up more times than it ever beat me up
Been up since 3:45, just made first pot of coffee at 5 am.

It’s too freakin warm here 🤦🏼‍♂️

We may get rain on top of all our snow.

We’ve plowed 3-4 times but last night I called my cabin neighbor to see how he was gettin along after carpal tunnel surgery

He needed plowed out so off I went in my lil Taco w Snoway plow hangin off the front and used up tires

I have a 79 Chevy w Meyers plow that stays chained up for our long azz driveway, not registered.

He lives at the top of a hill, crested pull thru driveway 🤦🏼‍♂️

Didn’t look like it’d been plowed all year 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep it was a bit of a cluster

Been meaning to get blizzaks for that lil truck, just waiting for it to quit snowing so tire shop not so frantic

Wish I’d had them last nite and some weight in the back

Got stuck twice and had to mostly back blade to get up to the crest

2 hours to plow 50 yards or so
Posted By: hanco Re: Good Morning early Riesers! - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Only reason to be up before dawn is hunting.

When I retire, that will be a fact!!!
I had to get up at 4:30 for 17 years. Deer hunting is the only this that gets me up early these days.
© 24hourcampfire