Home
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-myl...-racial-slur-before-brawl-183523150.html

During his appeal of an indefinite suspension, Myles Garrett dropped a bombshell about his brawl with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph.

According to ESPN, Garrett said Rudolph used a racial slur before the fight that led to Garrett ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and hitting him in the head with it. Sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Josina Anderson that Garrett told appeals officer James Thrash about the racial slur during Wednesday’s appeal hearing.

Garrett’s indefinite suspension was upheld, the league announced on Thursday.

Rudolph has not been punished for his role in the fight, though he is expected to be fined. Through the Steelers and his agent, Rudolph denied using a racial slur during last Thursday night’s game.
Mason Rudolph ‘vehemently denies’ using racial slur

The Steelers quickly released a statement with Rudolph’s denial.

"Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident Thursday night in Cleveland," Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. "He will not discuss this accusation any further and his focus remains on preparation for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals."

Rudolph’s agents also put out a statement calling Garrett’s claim “reckless and shameful.”

pic.twitter.com/0AxaRT8H1G
— Younger & Associates/QB Limited (@YoungerAssoc) November 21, 2019

Garrett did not bring up the racial slur after the game. Rudolph said Wednesday he said nothing to provoke Garrett. Thursday, when the news dropped, some of Garrett’s Browns teammates were taken by surprise, according to ESPN’s Jake Trotter.

Just asked Baker Mayfield about Garrett’s allegation that Rudolph used a racial slur and he seemed pretty stunned. Said wasn’t something he’d heard, including from anyone on the team, until I just asked him
— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter) November 21, 2019

I asked Browns DT Sheldon Richardson if Myles Garrett had ever told him what Garrett alleged about Rudolph in the hearing. Richardson said he hadn’t and said my question was the first he’d even heard about it.
— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter) November 21, 2019

Rudolph was reportedly scheduled to speak following Steelers practice Thursday, but that changed following news of Garrett’s allegation, per The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly.

Mason Rudolph will not talk today but his teammates aren’t happy with the news. Calling it bogus.
— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly) November 21, 2019

Teammate Cam Heyward came out strong in defense of Rudolph.

Steelers DL Cam Heyward was very strong in defending Rudolph.

Said Rudolph came up to him at the end of practice and told him: “I did not say that.” pic.twitter.com/v5Q1lDJhBa
— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) November 21, 2019

Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, through at least the rest of this regular season and playoffs. In his appeal he also brought up the precedent of Houston Texans defensive lineman Antonio Smith being suspended two preseason games and one regular-season game for swinging a helmet at Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito in 2013. He argued that precedent shows his punishment was too harsh.
Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (95) reacts after swinging a helmet at Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph. (AP Photo/David Richard)
Some folks on here called it immediately the other day. lol
An NFL quarterback is not going to do too well these days, if he gets mad at opponents and starts calling them "Nig*er." Because most of his own team mates are black.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
An NFL quarterback is not going to do too well these days, if he gets mad at opponents and starts calling them "Nig*er." Because most of his own team mates are black.

^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The prominence we give these jackasses in our society is a real sign of our decline.

Too bad this is no surprise whatsoever.
Originally Posted by efw
The prominence we give these jackasses in our society is a real sign of our decline.

^^^^This
I have to throw the bullshidt flag on that one.
What if he did?
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I have to throw the bullshidt flag on that one.

Ya mean like this:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by .com/photos/61286670@N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Originally Posted by mathman
What if he did?

That would make the violent response excusable because words are violence don’t ya know?
Can't justify your own bad behavior? Blame the other guy and call him racist.

Sorry...not buying it.
Rudolf was a douche by trying to remove Garrett's helmet first and then kicking him in the nuts and then playing up the soccer flop. Garrett lost his cool and crossed a line. Media wins by playing the drama over and over while the pathetic American public laps it up.
So whatever happened to the amplified recording of the game like they used to do? They could listened to the audio if they did! Or were they recording more than they should have? Just asking!
Even if true, Garrett's actions are unjustifiable. He should be out of the league.
They always cry if they get into trouble!
Calling bullshit like others. He’s only trying to find a way to get his suspension reduced.
Whatever....
I'm sure every time he got in trouble as a kid, his mommy told him it wasn't his fault.......it's racism.....at least it sure seems to be that way. Stand up and take responsibility for your actions like a man. This is just another reason I don't care about the NFL.
Originally Posted by efw
What if he did?

That would make the violent response excusable because words are violence don’t ya know?
Bingo! Most of us are conditioned to ignore that and just immediately start arguing about whether he did or didn't utter a racial slur. The whole "sticks and stones" thing is just done away with now. You know, unless you're a cracker/hillbilly/redneck.
I thought this was worth posting simply because several guys nailed it on the other thread. Predicted 100%. lolol
It was hard to see that coming.
It ain't just in the NFL, cause anytime a Negro looks to shift the blame from something they have done, and try to put that blame on someone else, they claim they were called a racist name.

Example.........Lakeisha, why did you shoplift all these purple and pink bras and panties from Walmart?......... "Cause de Walmart greeter call me a Niqqah when I come in de stoh, and it made me so mad, dat I just wanted to get even with dem"
Originally Posted by efw
What if he did?

So if a brutha calls me a cracker mf'er I'll just go up side his head with a pick handle. Goes both ways, right? Yeah, that's the ticket. grin
"..."Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur ..."

Ahhh , when you read that over, I don't think that is what they meant to convey. take out "of being accused of" and yeah, I get it.
Well, given the climate in our country today, if that isn't justification for anything up to and including murder, I guess that nothing is.
Originally Posted by efw

You said a mouthful. These degenerate bums garner hero worship and million$ from the people who are mesmerized by "Their Teams". With the added dishonor they show toward a country that made them multi-millionaire$ it just compounds their slimy mindsets and actions.

Go ahead and watch the NFL all you want. This lifetime 49'rs fan would like nothing better than to krapp in their helmets now.
Kick the worthless bum out of the league. Better yet--prosecution for a felony.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Kick the worthless bum out of the league. Better yet--prosecution for a felony.

It was a felony. He attacked with great malice, using a potentially deadly weapon. Hook him up...haul him off.
LOL!!!
The race card comes out well after the incident when the groid is on the hotseat.
Hahahaha!!!!
I heard one of the talking heads yesterday who was refuting all of the "It's a tough game, let 'em play" idiots by pointing out that the very game of football at all levels was very close to coming under fire due to a murder on the field.
garrett is a fu-king liar, maybe he's just confused by the other 250 times that day he called, or was called a niqqer by his friends, family or other black teammates, but that's okay, right? crazy
It’s pretty interesting that when someone has nothing else to blame their actions on, they play the race card. Garrett is a POS and a poor excuse for a man. He has damaged himself beyond repair.
Originally Posted by kid0917
"..."Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur ..."

Ahhh , when you read that over, I don't think that is what they meant to convey. take out "of being accused of" and yeah, I get it.
If you're a jock you know what they meant... grin
I don't watch the NFL anymore but I saw the replays of this BS. I think the Rudolph and Myles ought to be both be booted the rest of the season (or nothing as in equal penalty). Rudolph was all big and bad because he had his linemen and the refs to save his beach azz therefore pushed that whole situation. He wanted and pushed for some crap and then played a victim when he got hit with his own lid. Common sense would be to back the hell up once you are exposed.

Pull both of them spoiled over paid losers or fine their azz and get back to work as the ratings continue to drop.
Originally Posted by 007FJ
I don't watch the NFL anymore but I saw the replays of this BS. I think the Rudolph and Myles ought to be both be booted the rest of the season (or nothing as in equal penalty). Rudolph was all big and bad because he had his linemen and the refs to save his beach azz therefore pushed that whole situation. He wanted and pushed for some crap and then played a victim when he got hit with his own lid. Common sense would be to back the hell up once you are exposed.

Pull both of them spoiled over paid losers or fine their azz and get back to work as the ratings continue to drop.

I think Mason Rudolph should be suspended because from the play and replays I saw, he initiated the whole incident and even when he was separated from Garrett, he came back at Garrett when Garrett was being held by at least two Steelers linemen. Big tough guy.

I don't excuse Garrett for his actions, but it sure looked to me that Rudolph started it, and tried to continue it. There should be consequences.

BTW, an indefinite suspension is way too harsh. They let guys play with worse allegations and actions that have done less time. Think domestic abuse.
Looked to me like the white bread was the first one trying to pull Myles helmet off in the lead up to it.
Ya know...butthurt cause his bitchass gets sacked three times in a row.
Latrell Sprewelled dat head
Originally Posted by Dess
Can't justify your own bad behavior? Blame the other guy and call him racist.

Sorry...not buying it.

PREZACTLY! When your in trouble, play the Racist card.
Originally Posted by gunner500
garrett is a fu-king liar, maybe he's just confused by the other 250 times that day he called, or was called a niqqer by his friends, family or other black teammates, but that's okay, right? crazy

No doubt. They call each other that 50 times a day.
If I was Mason Rudolph, I would take a lie detector test, then dare that piece of cshit to take one. Them colored do that to deflect their own guilt.
Mason had been playing with those bastards for years and years. He knows it would be the kiss of death to utter that word! No way he would do that!!!
Originally Posted by hanco
Mason had been playing with those bastards for years and years. He knows it would be the kiss of death to utter that word! No way he would do that!!!

You can bet your ass he was thinkin it though.

I don't care too much either way, let the ape play.🦍
Originally Posted by Spud
Originally Posted by kid0917

If you're a jock you know what they meant... grin

lol, yes I think I see what you mean. enough blows to the head will change your outlook.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Looked to me like the white bread was the first one trying to pull Myles helmet off in the lead up to it.

Bullshit. His fingers got stuck in Garrett's grill. All he was doing was extracting his fingers. The NFL best be careful about doing anything to Rudolph. He goes to the police and files a complaint and the NFL loses all control over the situation.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Bullshit. His fingers got stuck in Garrett's grill. All he was doing was extracting his fingers. The NFL best be careful about doing anything to Rudolph. He goes to the police and files a complaint and the NFL loses all control over the situation.
The NFL owners are a bunch of shi tbirds who are rich. They NEVER lose control over a situation and probably have all sorts of shixt written into Rudolph's contract to prevent him from going to the police.

First, what does it matter WHAT was said to Garrett? It didn't merit him assaulting Rudolph with a helmet. Second, I agree that Rudolph didn't say it. Focusing on what Rudolph said or did as opposed to the criminal act that Garrett committed seems pretty typical of this day and age.

As to the runup to the helmet assault. I don't blame Rudolph for squirming around. Garrett committed nearly a late hit on him and then went ahead and wrestled Rudolph to the ground AFTER Rudolph no longer had the ball. It was a borderline personal foul.
Somebody just needs to tell Garrett that lots of shixt gets said on the field. Deal with it. Garrett's the bit ch here, not Rudolph. FWIW I don't like either team.
Originally Posted by 007FJ

Personal foul, Offense, number 2, kicking the rougher.
Personal foul, Defense, number 95, helmet to the head.

Those penalties offset, 4th down!
Another black person playing the race card. Lack of character seems to be the norm , be a man and take what you brought on yourself.
well then it makes assault with a deadly weapon justified.
[Linked Image from wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com]
One can only imagine what Doug Atkins said to Jim Parker....
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by gunner500

No doubt. They call each other that 50 times a day.

Just like a good little democrat, change the rules/narrative to make victimhood.
seems that the vast majority of accusation of this type are fake. An altered reality used when the real world does not fit the requirements of the accuser.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
seems that the vast majority of accusation of this type are fake. An altered reality used when the real world does not fit the requirements of the accuser.

Always their first bullschit line.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've been called a cracker. Wear it proudly.
Originally Posted by efw

And this ^^^^^^^^^^^ again. How anybody can give a schitt about this is beyond me.
What a joke.
Another democrat got his panties in a wad and now wants to cry foul....... If Garrett will go straighten out his panties, he'll probably feel better.
That's their standard "get out of jail" card. It's become a pretty standard accusation following Black on White violence.

Somehow it got to be part of our culture that that word justifies violence on the part of Blacks against Whites.
Originally Posted by efw
What if he did?

So if a brutha calls me a cracker mf'er I'll just go up side his head with a pick handle. Goes both ways, right? Yeah, that's the ticket. grin

We’ve been getting by with that for hundreds of tears so that’d be more patriarchal dominance of the sort they’re throwing off.

I know it’s somewhat obvious but I rarely hear prominent members of the right come right out and say it; they never seem to seek justice and equity only revenge. Affirmative action was punitive and its end serves to discriminate against people and how they show their true colors with critical theory.

Instead of seeking to bring all people UP to the same level they seek to “give em a taste of their own medicine” and perpetuate the very injustices they claim to abhor.
Originally Posted by efw
We’ve been getting by with that for hundreds of tears so that’d be more patriarchal dominance of the sort they’re throwing off.

I know it’s somewhat obvious but I rarely hear prominent members of the right come right out and say it; they never seem to seek justice and equity only revenge. Affirmative action was punitive and its end serves to discriminate against people and how they show their true colors with critical theory.

Instead of seeking to bring all people UP to the same level they seek to “give em a taste of their own medicine” and perpetuate the very injustices they claim to abhor.

Well said.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

The NFL owners are a bunch of shi tbirds who are rich. They NEVER lose control over a situation and probably have all sorts of shixt written into Rudolph's contract to prevent him from going to the police.

First, what does it matter WHAT was said to Garrett? It didn't merit him assaulting Rudolph with a helmet. Second, I agree that Rudolph didn't say it. Focusing on what Rudolph said or did as opposed to the criminal act that Garrett committed seems pretty typical of this day and age.

As to the runup to the helmet assault. I don't blame Rudolph for squirming around. Garrett committed nearly a late hit on him and then went ahead and wrestled Rudolph to the ground AFTER Rudolph no longer had the ball. It was a borderline personal foul.

Got to disagree... prosecutor decides what happens after a citizen complaint and accomplices best shut up and lawyer up. Suggesting you can prevent employees from bringing the police into your dealings is absurd.

Biggest idiot prize goes to Mike Tomlin though. Several pissy little things going on and time running out.... take a knee and let the time run out. Nothing gained with an extra play.
The whole thing was a giant clusterphugg. Hilarious. 🤣
Originally Posted by HawkI
One can only imagine what Doug Atkins said to Jim Parker....

That's "Mr. Atkins".
Didn't his momma ever teach him...……..sticks and stone may break my bones but names can never hurt me?

If I was making his money would laugh at every white person who called me a nig, if in fact they did.
Yeah when in doubt of your defense and impropriety drop in the race card, works for dumbasses begging for propaganda justice.
© 24hourcampfire