Home
Posted By: ltppowell Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
You know...the one's you love, but are gonna get in trouble?
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
No place for those in my world.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Those are not friends.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
My friend, Mike the Kike, died in a car crash 28 years ago.

He was epic.

All my troubles since have been my own fault.
Posted By: Setterman Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
I had them when I was younger, much, but when I got married and had kids, I knew things had to change. One guy in particular was a friend since early childhood, but he loved to fight, anybody, anywhere. We both lived in smal, town America , and I was teaching there.
He knew I had to stop. He never did.

Bob
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
I believe I WAS the toxic friend, when younger. Glad to have settled down!
In fact, at Thanksgiving dinner one year, she told me, 6 siblings and spouses, and a few of the grandkids - "I always knew you would be the world's best at something -

but i never expected it to be a bad example."
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Is there any other kind?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
riding around looking for broke down volkswagen golfs to flip over on their roofs was bound to catch up with me. crazy

But I quit just in time
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
One of the last times I was in the Buffalo Station a stripper, who went by the name of Toxic, tried to seduce one of my buddies.

Speaking of toxic, that same night I finally realized that Jager is toxic to my personality.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Several as a young kid, when we were together I got in trouble.
Lucky, as a young man, I wasn't interested in the direction they went.
I worked and hunted.
Then, a good woman got me.

As long as they own their trouble, we are friends.
I don't buy into others stupid crap.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson
One of the last times I was in the Buffalo Station a stripper, who went by the name of Toxic, tried to seduce one of my buddies.

Speaking of toxic, that same night I finally realized that Jager is toxic to my personality.

What, did you start browbeating people about how great two wheel drive trucks are and how anybody with a four wheel drive was a puzzy?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
I had one of those, try as I might I couldn't save him from himself. For the sake of my own family I had to walk away, I haven't spoke to him in 16 years. I miss him terribly.

His mother even asked me one day, "What the hell is wrong with you Paul?" I told her I loved him, She said "so do I but he's on his own".
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Toxic friends seem to turn into the guy who always think they are getting a raw deal. I hate drama, so I love them from a distance.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Yes, I had one, but he ded, all is well for now I guess. smile
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Both my running buddies in high school fit that mold. One died of early onset Alzheimer's in his 40's, possibly due to alcoholism. I have no idea if the other one is still alive- - - -lost track of each other when I went off to college.
Jerry
Posted By: Yaddio Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Joined the Navy, got away and started all over at 18. Best decision I ever made. 40 years later they're still there and still living the rocky road, but I still love em all as friends. Never had friends like I did when I was little, does anyone?
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
My old friends fall into two categories; those that will have controlled substances with ‘em, and those who won’t.

I try to avoid putting myself in situations where someone else’s drug habit could land me in trouble.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by ltppowell

lol
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

lol
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Toxic, friends or family, got culled.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14316347/sales-tax#Post14316347
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19

We run em off tha innernet.

PS Love you guys.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Toxic friends never lasted long around here. What is more of a problem is toxic relatives. Mine were cut off early because they never had any hold on me. The wife's are more sticky. One has rendered himself mostly harmless, but I've spent a good deal of my life inoculating everyone who matters to me against the MIL. Never seen anyone put so much effort into being toxic without breaking any laws.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19

Lmfao!!!!
Posted By: Raeford Re: Toxic Friends - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Toxic friends never lasted long around here. What is more of a problem is toxic relatives. Mine were cut off early because they never had any hold on me. The wife's are more sticky. One has rendered himself mostly harmless, but I've spent a good deal of my life inoculating everyone who matters to me against the MIL. Never seen anyone put so much effort into being toxic without breaking any laws.

Yeah, wife has 2 cuzins and the 3 of them grew up basically in the same neighborhood and are 1 year apart in age[almost like sisters].
One has had 4 DUI's and spent time for stealing a Dr's script pad, currently on marriage #3.
Other has had 1 DUI[that I know of], been married 4 times and had about 5 other live ins. Both in their early 50's and barely a pot to piss in.
Both have filed bankruptcy at least once.
On occasion one or the other will get pissy with my wife and she just sends em along, they always come back[unfortunately].
That's toxic family

Stay on topic
Posted By: hanco Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19
Yep, had one, dead by 35, drugs!!
Posted By: smarquez Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19
A couple of people I grew up with went to the dark side. They used to skirt basic rules of society in a goofy sort of party animal style and then went full dark side. The first time I saw Tom with a bag of coke not for personal use I bolted. Down the road he ended up in prison. Not a bad or mean guy, just pushed the limits.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19

All mine have been dead for a while. I was the only one to wise up in time.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19
Posted By: savage24 Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19
I had one back in my school days. He has been in prison for about 18 years now, and will die there.

I have an old girlfriend who I love dearly (for I believe that having once been in love is to be always in love), but she is bat chit crazy and estranged from half of her family. I keep my distance.
Posted By: EdM Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19
Not as long as he is the gnarly snoring one at my last dove hunt with you. Not sure I mentioned but Tony was offered and accepted a killer job at Motiva. Full circle...
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Toxic Friends - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by Yaddio
Joined the Navy, got away and started all over at 18. Best decision I ever made. 40 years later they're still there and still living the rocky road, but I still love em all as friends. Never had friends like I did when I was little, does anyone?

Heck, look at all your new friends you have here on the Campfire.
Wishing you the best.
© 24hourcampfire