Home
Posted By: 5sdad The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
From KCRG:
"A group is planning to hold a movement Wednesday in West Liberty to protest the killing of turkeys at West Liberty Foods. The vigil is being organized by the group known as Des Moines Animal Allies. The group says it strives 'to challenge the current speciesist mindset within our society'. According to a press release, 'Approximately 46 million turkeys needlessly lose their lives for Thanksgiving dinner in the United States each year. This specific location, West Liberty Foods, kills approximately 22,000 turkeys each day, and they've been working six days a week to keep up with consumer demand.' The group says its message is simple. 'Animals are here with us, not for us. Animal's (sic) lives are their right and what is happening to them is unjust needless violence.' "
Retards
Posted By: rong Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
Tofurkey for all !!!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
I wonder how those snowflakes would look with a 12lb frozen turkey shoved up their pooters?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
Probably not much different.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
It seems I recall reading The Lord gave us dominion over beasts.

Nut jobs.
Posted By: Border Doc Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19

The "humane-iacs" don't think the way most outdoors-people do.(What's a gender-acceptable substitute for sportsmen? I'm tryin' real hard here to keep up with the current trends). They also tend to be atheists/pantheists, so that dominion, stewardship and husbandry argument falls on their non-believer ears.

The fact that the turkeys are intentionally hatched into this world by entrepreneurs who supply a demand and make a profit, to eat healthy food and then be the source of human nourishment and part of traditional family celebrations is similarly a moot point for the protesters. Their actions are becoming more bold and they have more followers than we might realize. The best that we can hope for is to simply be left alone, although that is not likely to be allowed. Notice what has happened with circuses and Sea World.

Brace yourselves and be the most ethical sportsman possible. We are being watched.
Posted By: Remsen Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
So if a mountain lion kills and eats a turkey in the wild, is that "speciesist"?
Posted By: irfubar Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/27/19
I drank some wild turkey... does that count? smile
Sometimes folks can be real dumb.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Probably not much different.

LOL. Yep.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
If we aren’t supposed to eat them, why are they made out of meat?
How is this "group" supposed to get to the site of their protest? It would be a crying shame if the vehicle(s) they arrive in develop a severe case of "flat-tire-itis" while these doofuses are doing their thing! That happened to two vans that the Westboro Baptist cult drove to protest a military funeral, and nobody in town would sell them any replacements. They had to drive several miles out of town on four flats before they could rendezvous with a couple of flatbed wreckers.

If something like that started happening to Antifa and some of the other whackadoodle idiots on a regular basis, I doubt if anybody's feelings would get hurt!
Jerry
Posted By: luv2safari Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Sometimes folks can be real dumb.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
They'd probably really be pissed about the few I've killed and cut their beards and spurs off and then tossed them into a ditch. laugh
Posted By: hemiallen Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Seems like it fizzled

"As trucks came and went from West Liberty Foods on Wednesday afternoon, about 20 people braved the wind with the purpose of saving turkeys from being slaughtered for food.

"This is really an issue that all Iowans should be paying attention to," Joy Wilde, who led the protest as a concerned citizen, said. Wilde is involved with the animal-rights group the Des Moines Animal Allies.

Among those protesting was 15-year-old Ben Ahlrichs, who said he felt a need to get involved about a year ago.

"Animals are here with us, not for us," Ahlrichs said. "There are individuals rather than objects. And I just thought if I could do something about it, why wouldn't I?"

Wilde said while the protest might seem over-the-top to some, it is necessary."
Posted By: dale06 Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Ours is in some kind of brine over night then 350 degrees till done.
Tonight we’re giving fowl a break and headed to a steak house.

I just ignore those f’idiots.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by rong
Tofurkey for all !!!!

Barbarian. Speciesist. How many plants would have to be born into servitude, doused with noxious chemicals, live crowded together apart from nature, and killed just so their progeny can be destroyed to satisfy that tofurkey lust.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I wonder how those snowflakes would look with a 12lb frozen turkey shoved up their pooters?

Or hadn't eaten in four days?
Posted By: ol_mike Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by gregintenn
If we aren’t supposed to eat them, why are they made out of meat?

Love that saying .
Posted By: ol_mike Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by slumlord
They'd probably really be pissed about the few I've killed and cut their beards and spurs off and then tossed them into a ditch. laugh

Same ditch you dump your old motor oil in ? ?
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
They aren’t needlessly losing their lives

We need turkey for thanksgiving dinner 🤷🏻‍♂️

Silly wabbit we ain’t gonna eat tofu 🤦🏼‍♂️🤮
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
Let them eat cake.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: The Idiocy Never Stops - 11/28/19
But the dumb a ssholes vote! That's the bad of it!!
© 24hourcampfire