Home
Posted By: GhettoSportman retirement - 12/03/19
retirement - what men do when they die and women do when they marry! Al Bundy
Posted By: wabigoon Re: retirement - 12/03/19
The wife isn't home tonight? laugh
Posted By: GhettoSportman Re: retirement - 12/03/19
Nah. Got a flue shot yesterday at my doc's and feel like crap today! Watching a Married with children marathon when this gem popped up! Gave me a good chuckle!
I saw a cross stich in a center. Woman's point of view.

"Retirement, half as much money, twice as much husband".
Posted By: hanco Re: retirement - 12/03/19
It won’t be too long for me, Wifey is 10 years younger. I’ll have a little time to myself.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: retirement - 12/03/19
The biggest problem for both is getting used to being around each other 24 hours a day, when you are used to having your own space for a minimum of 9 hours a day, and so is she. We both command our own universe (more or less) until we retire, then we share that space. Very difficult transition.
Back when they lived in a 10 x 16 cabin.
Posted By: gunzo Re: retirement - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by hanco
It won’t be too long for me, Wifey is 10 years younger. I’ll have a little time to myself.

Oh yeah.

I retired 4 years ago & wife is 5 years younger & still works. The once anticipated weekends now seem somewhat hectic. Monday to Friday is now the peaceful time.
Posted By: Morewood Re: retirement - 12/04/19
Marry an older woman. Problem solved.

I'm kidding of course. My wife will be well taken care of. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: retirement - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by hanco

Oh yeah.

I retired 4 years ago & wife is 5 years younger & still works. The once anticipated weekends now seem somewhat hectic. Monday to Friday is now the peaceful time.

My wife is nine years younger. I'm glad she likes her job since she is going to be working after I retire.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: retirement - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
retirement - what men do when they die and women do when they marry! Al Bundy
Al Bundy is a philosopher on par with Socrates.

Socrates="Gee, that didn't TASTE like tomato juice!"
Posted By: aalf Re: retirement - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Al Bundy is a philosopher on par with Socrates.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: retirement - 12/04/19
I liked Al Bundy, he did suffer a lot on the show!
Posted By: dale06 Re: retirement - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
The biggest problem for both is getting used to being around each other 24 hours a day, when you are used to having your own space for a minimum of 9 hours a day, and so is she. We both command our own universe (more or less) until we retire, then we share that space. Very difficult transition.

Pay attention to this, if you are planning retirement!!
Posted By: las Re: retirement - 12/04/19

Originally Posted by dale06

Pay attention to this, if you are planning retirement!!

Indeed! It is at least as difficult as learning marriage. Without the sex, of course. smile
I guess I will have to learn to cook, have supper ready when wifey gets home!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: retirement - 12/04/19

Can’t the guy just go fishing or something every day? Like it’s his job?
A week on vacation is a long time of togetherness, can’t imagine every damn day.
© 24hourcampfire