Home
I slept from 9 until about 1:15. I’m wide awake now, got to get up at 3:30, go to work.

I don’t sleep anymore than 4 or 5 hours anymore.
Just here watching live PD with my middle child.

Was thinking about Fieldgrade. I know he liked to watch the show also.
I don't sleep much anymore.

Can't lay down for any length of time, have to get up and sit.
minutes from bed,
It’s 11:45 here and I just threw another load of laundry in the dryer before bed. Watch WWII in color with the dogs sleeping on my wife sleeping on the couch. Both kids have a friend over for the night like they do most weekends. They hang out quietly in their rooms but occasionally come downstairs for some more food. 😁. I’m content knowing everyone is safe at home and we’re all together. I’ll sleep good once I decide to hit the rack. I don’t have any trouble getting my full 8 or 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 😁
Fell asleep crossways on end of bed,ma ma covered me,tablet up under my arm,Mannix is on.its need to get back in bed the right way,lol.
Wife woke me up from a sound sleep and I just got up. Thought about getting out and seeing if the roads were iced up. Dog starts barking for no reason. Boy got up and went out and fed and watered here-again. Checked to see if she was warm and dry. She is silent now after chowing down on some premium shixt my pre-vet daughter says is the best. All quiet on the midwestern front now.
Wish I wasn't up this early. Getting harder and harder to sleep through the night.
Storm woke me up about an hour ago. Rain has slacked off, so I think I'll go see if there is any damage around the house.
Up at 3:30 - 4:00 everyday no alarm just wake up.
Got lucky fell back asleep for a while. Going to work for ten hours.
Why is it many of us don’t sleep well. I never recall this being a topic of conversation in my parents or grandparents.. most folks I talk to anymore don’t sleep. Is it the over saturation with news and media or the side effect of smart devices. Too much information!
Being old is part of the problem, my neighbor used to complain about not sleeping when he was my age. He is long gone, he was a tail gunner on a 17. He said the krauts would come out of the sun, come by so close, you could see their faces.
When schools in session I generally work 12 - 14 hour days and generally sleep about six hours, especially if I started the day with a bike ride and visit to the gym.

This morning I’m happy; woke up at 4:30, have time to kick back and drink coffee before heading out for a dawn 2hr hike with the dog.
Doorbell rang at 4:30 am, I was already awake, nobody there. Pistol and a flashlight and I walked around the outside of the house, looked under the deck and checked the outside vehicles, nobody.
Full moon so visibility is good and no snow on the ground for tracks. Still a mystery.
Winter time I get in a rhythm like an animal... sleep however long I sleep and then get up and go back and lay down when I get tired...I get enough sleep, but can't just lay down and get 8 hours like normal people can... but then other times I can lay down and sleep 10 or 12 hours..

Think the wife's and son's schedules have me like that..

son works 12 hour shifts at the hospital overnight Sat Sunday Monday...6PM to 7AM..

wife works from 4:30 AM to when ever she gets out at the Hospital..

I do crazy things like go do my grocery shopping at Wally World or Winco at 3 AM.. no crowds, plenty of stockers
and usually one check out counter and then two just standing around monitoring the self check out areas...
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Doorbell rang at 4:30 am, I was already awake, nobody there. Pistol and a flashlight and I walked around the outside of the house, looked under the deck and checked the outside vehicles, nobody.
Full moon so visibility is good and no snow on the ground for tracks. Still a mystery.

Ghost of Sitting Bull maybe... doing High School kid pranks? smile
Usually wake up about this time or earlier for work.

This morning planned on hunting. 70* @ 4:45. Think I’ll pass. Storm supposed move in in a couple hours. Though radar showing the pass will go northeast of us.
Originally Posted by Seafire

Ghost of Sitting Bull maybe... doing High School kid pranks? smile

I didn’t hear or see a vehicle, might have been a case of mistaken address and they bugged out quickly, more than likely nothing to worry about.
Popped awake at 0300. Life is good.

If a doorbell rang at this time I'd be doing what you are doing. Be careful.
Had a robocall yesterday at 0315.

And again at 0345.

Like to slow roast those morons.
Up at 4 for no good reason
Me also?
5:00 for me this morning...my usual is 5:30-6:00 though....
I am up,getting ready to go coyote calling his morning.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Wish I was....😞😎
Come on down and I will take you calling.
That could be arranged...Big storm here the last 2 days. Highs winds and raining sideways. Snow predicted by Monday....On the beach!

Awesome!

🤷🏽‍♀️😎
Sunny with the predicted high of 53* here. wink

Christmas morning, about 1AM, several years ago, our front doorbell rang. Got up, pistol in hand, went to door......nobody in sight. Did a check around, and couldn't see anything. and since we live out in the boonies, I was of course a little concerned. Anyway, went back to bed and all was quiet until about 7, and doorbell rang again. This time I knew no one was there, and when it went off again a few hours later, I knew the culprit was a faulty doorbell.

I do have a driveway alarm, and I can't hear it at night, but wifey can. She was always waking me up and telling me that it was going off, yet we never saw anything. Put a trail camera up, and got lots of pictures of deer, coyotes, and other such critters.
Up every morning by 5am, can't sleep much anymore. Last night's big winter storm didn't pan out, we got a lot of rain but not all of the snow that was predicted. The roads are probably iced up pretty well, at least we didn't lose power. Let the dogs out for their morning business and for breakfast made fried potatoes and onions with polish sausage cut up plus good doses of garlic and black pepper. Trying not to make too much noise, everyone else is asleep. Once it gets light out, I'll probably work on getting some wood to the house and running the woodstove all day, mama likes it.

Worst coyote calling here that I've experienced. Weather has been warm, which isn't helping. Maybe the breeding season will pick things up in a few weeks.
Most days I start work at 4am. Friday and Saturday I have off. Waking up at 559 was glorious this morning

You need one of those doorbell thingies with a camera in it...

dave
Sunny with the predicted high of 53* here. wink

Lucky you...Would my 300 RUM be enough gun for NM Coyotes? 😜😎
i was up at 4am. combination of bad back, having to pee a few times during the night, and my mind gets active, ,can't shut it down.
I don't ever remember sleeping past about 5:30am tho.
tend to go to bed more and more as soon as it gets dark.
Woke up at 3:15 this morning. My usual time is about 4:30

I typically get about 6 hours of sleep per night. Don't recall when I last slept 8 hours. Last night, I slept just under 5 hours
It has been reported that President Trump sleeps about 4 hours a night.

With the schedule he keeps and the things he has accomplished, I would bet it's even less than that.
I can make it on 4, but prefer to get 5 hours, 6 is a banner day!
No set schedule since retirement which has basically destroyed my chances of a good nights sleep. 2-4 hours one day and then knock off 8-10 the next
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
No set schedule since retirement which has basically destroyed my chances of a good nights sleep. 2-4 hours one day and then knock off 8-10 the next

The good news is you won't be late for work
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

The good news is you won't be late for work

If you are retired, it doesn’t matter, you can nap when you feel the need. Going to work on a couple hours or no sleep sucks.
I visited a good friend up in Montana and his family this summer, for about two weeks total. Slept half the day most days and all night too. Deep sleep, with dreams.

No idea why or how I slept so much.
I rode the Peleiu from Pearl Harbor to San Diego when my boy was in the Navy. I slept so good on that ship. It rocked back and forth.
© 24hourcampfire