Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I slept from 9 until about 1:15. I’m wide awake now, got to get up at 3:30, go to work.

I don’t sleep anymore than 4 or 5 hours anymore.

Last edited by hanco; 01/11/20.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just here watching live PD with my middle child.

Was thinking about Fieldgrade. I know he liked to watch the show also.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't sleep much anymore.

Can't lay down for any length of time, have to get up and sit.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
minutes from bed,

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s 11:45 here and I just threw another load of laundry in the dryer before bed. Watch WWII in color with the dogs sleeping on my wife sleeping on the couch. Both kids have a friend over for the night like they do most weekends. They hang out quietly in their rooms but occasionally come downstairs for some more food. 😁. I’m content knowing everyone is safe at home and we’re all together. I’ll sleep good once I decide to hit the rack. I don’t have any trouble getting my full 8 or 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Fell asleep crossways on end of bed,ma ma covered me,tablet up under my arm,Mannix is on.its need to get back in bed the right way,lol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wife woke me up from a sound sleep and I just got up. Thought about getting out and seeing if the roads were iced up. Dog starts barking for no reason. Boy got up and went out and fed and watered here-again. Checked to see if she was warm and dry. She is silent now after chowing down on some premium shixt my pre-vet daughter says is the best. All quiet on the midwestern front now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wish I wasn't up this early. Getting harder and harder to sleep through the night.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Storm woke me up about an hour ago. Rain has slacked off, so I think I'll go see if there is any damage around the house.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Up at 3:30 - 4:00 everyday no alarm just wake up.

IC B3

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Got lucky fell back asleep for a while. Going to work for ten hours.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Why is it many of us don’t sleep well. I never recall this being a topic of conversation in my parents or grandparents.. most folks I talk to anymore don’t sleep. Is it the over saturation with news and media or the side effect of smart devices. Too much information!

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Being old is part of the problem, my neighbor used to complain about not sleeping when he was my age. He is long gone, he was a tail gunner on a 17. He said the krauts would come out of the sun, come by so close, you could see their faces.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When schools in session I generally work 12 - 14 hour days and generally sleep about six hours, especially if I started the day with a bike ride and visit to the gym.

This morning I’m happy; woke up at 4:30, have time to kick back and drink coffee before heading out for a dawn 2hr hike with the dog.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Doorbell rang at 4:30 am, I was already awake, nobody there. Pistol and a flashlight and I walked around the outside of the house, looked under the deck and checked the outside vehicles, nobody.
Full moon so visibility is good and no snow on the ground for tracks. Still a mystery.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Winter time I get in a rhythm like an animal... sleep however long I sleep and then get up and go back and lay down when I get tired...I get enough sleep, but can't just lay down and get 8 hours like normal people can... but then other times I can lay down and sleep 10 or 12 hours..

Think the wife's and son's schedules have me like that..

son works 12 hour shifts at the hospital overnight Sat Sunday Monday...6PM to 7AM..

wife works from 4:30 AM to when ever she gets out at the Hospital..

I do crazy things like go do my grocery shopping at Wally World or Winco at 3 AM.. no crowds, plenty of stockers
and usually one check out counter and then two just standing around monitoring the self check out areas...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Doorbell rang at 4:30 am, I was already awake, nobody there. Pistol and a flashlight and I walked around the outside of the house, looked under the deck and checked the outside vehicles, nobody.
Full moon so visibility is good and no snow on the ground for tracks. Still a mystery.

Ghost of Sitting Bull maybe... doing High School kid pranks? smile

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Usually wake up about this time or earlier for work.

This morning planned on hunting. 70* @ 4:45. Think I’ll pass. Storm supposed move in in a couple hours. Though radar showing the pass will go northeast of us.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

Ghost of Sitting Bull maybe... doing High School kid pranks? smile

I didn’t hear or see a vehicle, might have been a case of mistaken address and they bugged out quickly, more than likely nothing to worry about.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Popped awake at 0300. Life is good.

If a doorbell rang at this time I'd be doing what you are doing. Be careful.

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 01/11/20.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,662
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.