Home
Our county only is open for renewals Tuesday, and Wednesdays, the last two weeks they were [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] closed.

I need to go back with papers, and ten dollars to get that star on for airports. Everything else is the same.

Us old folks can only renew for two years, I guess they like to see us often. laugh
I'm also due to renew. Class B CDL, but since I am now retired and don't forsee myself ever driving commercially again, I am just going to get a operators license.
I'll still an organ donor. I don't know why, our church has a perfectly good organ. (smile)
You got the "Gold Star" in the upper right corner of yours, Richard?
No Barry, that's what I said I need to go back for.
I'll go when my current license expires in a couple years. I don't need no stinkin gold star until then. Avoid the crowd, and all that. Not to mention the DMV sloths.....

I have a passport for travel.

(One never knows when one might need to leave the country in a hurry, right?)

Still, it doesn't hurt to double up, I guess. I've been known to misplace ID.....
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Ah. Gotcha.

Got mine the first part of Jan. Had to take a whole folder of papers in there.

Good for 6 years here.
I have a gold star, mine expires in 23, I’ll drop a CDL then, should be retired by then.
In Iowa they are good for a few years, until you get old like me. Then they like to see me so much they want to come back often.
Utah simply sent us new ones, with the star. No fuss, no charge. I kept the old one, just in case.

But to further save airport hassle, we both signed up for TSA Pre-Check Known Traveler status. It's $85 for five years. You apply online, then go to a TSA office where they take your fingerprints (and your money) for a background check. Use your passport or other documents as proof of citizenship. About a week later, we got emails with our Traveler Number (and the secret handshake) to put in when we make flight reservations. Easy Peasy. (We learned that they have a TSA office at a local Staples, of all places. Didn't have to go to the airport.)

No more jacket, shoes, belt, laptop rigmarole - and shorter lines. We fly a couple times a year so it's well worth the few bucks and one-time trouble.
I've never flown commercial, as a child with an uncle, light planes, an Army helicopter. One wild ride at summer camp Army Reserve. Full gear, training to stop a riot. the cowboy flying the troop, cargo combo plane came on the intercom, and told us the AC was broke, he'd cool us off by opening the rear ramp.
Our county only is open for renewals Tuesday, and Wednesdays, the last two weeks they were [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] closed.

I need to go back with papers, and ten dollars to get that star on for airports. Everything else is the same.

Us old folks can only renew for two years, I guess they like to see us often. laugh

Don't let it expire, and don't show up with a broken combine for a driving test.

wink wink
Gold Star License, Called "Real ID".

Of course Kommiefornia screwed it up if you got it in 2018. Those 2.3million people needed to resubmit some paperwork.

Had to help 5 family members, all over 65, go thru the idiotic process Kommifornia had setup.
I have a class a CDL. I'm retired but I keep it up just in case I have to find a job for some reason. I have 3 years before it expires but I need to get a new one with the star before long.

My MIL lives with us. She doesn't drive but she has a state ID so she can fly. We need to find out what she needs to get the star on that. She doesn't have her name on anything to prove residency. She pays us cash for a little of her bed and board.
You guys who need a gold star on your license...I can save you some time and money. I'll take $1.50 each, free shipping to the lower 48.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
The clerk is hot, at least.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You guys who need a gold star on your license...I can save you some time and money. I'll take $1.50 each, free shipping to the lower 48.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

That's very generous of you! grin
I'll tell her you said that, have a picture I can give her? laugh
I just tell them i'm an illegal alien and skip the pesky paperwork. No stupid fees either.
I actually need several licenses, just like an illegal.........who doesn't.
Originally Posted by poboy
I just tell them i'm an illegal alien and skip the pesky paperwork. No stupid fees either.
I actually need several licenses, just like an illegal.........who doesn't.

Works for them checking their kids into schools un-vaccinated too! No health records atall...

Yet OUR kids have to have theirs.
In Iowa they are good for a few years, until you get old like me. Then they like to see me so much they want to come back often.

hey if they don't send u home in a straight jacket it's a good day
Colorado does 5 years, except we fossils have go in and read the eye chart. My star is white???
Wife and i go in a year apart but have consecutive numbers
Mine will be renewed on Jan. 24th...
Do nt you fellers have passports?
The young lady in the picture is going to get an 8x12 print. I printed that by mistake today during my misadventure at Walmart.
When you renew your passport, ask for a passport card. It's the same size as a drivers license and is good for going to Canada by land or sea (ferry). That way, you can leave the passport at home.
I have a class a CDL. I'm retired but I keep it up just in case I have to find a job for some reason. I have 3 years before it expires but I need to get a new one with the star before long.

My MIL lives with us. She doesn't drive but she has a state ID so she can fly. We need to find out what she needs to get the star on that. She doesn't have her name on anything to prove residency. She pays us cash for a little of her bed and board.

We just went through this with my daughter....she's only 18 and didn't have much of anything showing proof of residency. We ended up being able to use a bank statement with her name and address on it and a written statement from myself saying that she lived with us from whenever to the present, and the amount of rent she pays (which is zero)....kind of a psuedo-rental agreement that we both signed off on. Seemed kind of hokey, but that's what they told us was an acceptable document. I wrote it out right at the DMV counter, they accepted it, and that was it....she was issued the license.
Utah simply sent us new ones, with the star

Postponed for years here, so Oregon is going to gear up this coming summer, and a new one will be about $75 regardless of the expiration date on ones current issue.

I'll just use the pass port.
Originally Posted by akpls

We just went through this with my daughter....she's only 18 and didn't have much of anything showing proof of residency. We ended up being able to use a bank statement with her name and address on it and a written statement from myself saying that she lived with us from whenever to the present, and the amount of rent she pays (which is zero)....kind of a psuedo-rental agreement that we both signed off on. Seemed kind of hokey, but that's what they told us was an acceptable document. I wrote it out right at the DMV counter, they accepted it, and that was it....she was issued the license.

That just shows what a bunch of bullshit the real ID is. Especially w some state licensing illegals.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Do nt you fellers have passports?
Nope. Haven't been out of the US in 40 years and have no plans to do so. There's too much of this country I haven't seen to be spending my money in furrin' places.
As luck would have it, we got our renewed passports in the mail today. It now costs $110 to renew one, plus an extra $30 if you want the card also.

That gives me four photo IDs: my passport, my Utah Gold Star DL, my Utah concealed carry, and my VA card.
Had to do mine last Oct[Real I.D.] Easy if you make an appointment in advance. Eye chart thing, new photo and a nice white star on a fughin' gold bear. GTG. 30 minutes.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You got the "Gold Star" in the upper right corner

I wuz in short pants the last time I got a gold star . laugh
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
You got the "Gold Star" in the upper right corner

I wuz in short pants the last time I got a gold star . laugh

In the last month!
Hey now .
Several years ago at work everyone was checking the license to see when it expired. They asked me and I said no idea. I pulled it out...two years ago. They ladies at the DL office started laughing when I showed them. Now we can renew online, very handy. Even on day 60 after yours expires.
Originally Posted by poboy
The clerk is hot, at least.

You just flunked the eye test.
Never been to Walmart?

Ah. Gotcha.

Got mine the first part of Jan. Had to take a whole folder of papers in there.

Good for 6 years here.

Wow. I got mine automatically, I guess, by being a CHL Instructor for over 20 something years. Guess they figured I’d been through enough fuggin background checks to satisfy .Gov 🤠
Originally Posted by 19352012
Several years ago at work everyone was checking the license to see when it expired. They asked me and I said no idea. I pulled it out...two years ago. They ladies at the DL office started laughing when I showed them. Now we can renew online, very handy. Even on day 60 after yours expires.

You can renew online here unless you have a CDL. They make CDL holders come in for an eye test every renewal. 😳
Moved from Canada to the US last year. When I went in to get a US driver's license, the license lady in her office told me flat out that I could not get a WA State driver's license.

I replied that I am a US citizen with a passport, registered to vote in that county, who has never let his WA State residency lapse. Tough. None of that counts, she said. If I was homeless or undocumented alien, then I could get a license. I said, “OK, I'm homeless.” She replied that she already knew that I wasn't so would not issue me a license.

She wanted a telephone bill or something proving my street address. We had just started a house sitting arraignment with all bills in the owner's name till we move into our place. She told me to contact British Columbia Driver's license department and have them change my address from BC to a WA street address. I said, “You want me to ask your counterpart in Canada to do what you won't.” She laughed and said, “Yes.” She is a nice gal, just red tape bound.

A woman in the BC driver's license office laughed hugely and said, “We will change your address to anywhere in BC, but will not issue a BC driver's license with an address on it outside of BC, whether that is in Canada, US or anywhere else.”

Back to the woman at the WA driver's license office. She came up with a solution. She told me to get an insurance company to give me a quote for car insurance on their letterhead stationery addressed to me at a street address. A friend at a car insurance place had his secretary do that in minutes. Voila! With that heavy duty, impossible-to-forge security document I magically became entitled to get a driver's license. The driver's license office is in the next town, 35 miles round trip, and only took me three weeks to get. Downright easy compared to Medicare...
Hows our last commander n chief going to get a star with just a certificate of live birth?

Certified birth certificate issued by a state of the United States. ("State" includes the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.) It must be a certified copy and have the stamp or raised seal of the issuing authority. A hospital-issued certificate is not acceptable. A certified birth certificate issued by Puerto Rico must be certified as being issued on or after July 1, 2010. (Not accepted: plastic or credit card-style birth certificates, birth records, registration of birth or hospital-issued certificates.)
Well mine is coming up and eye doc is not sure I will be able to drive again
© 24hourcampfire