Home
They charged them formally. Felony charges, no less.

New info I hadn't heard before in this article... Like that the buck ran off, and was never seen again.

Glad they prosecuted them.

Two people accused of repeatedly kicking a wounded deer in the head and pulling off its antler were charged Friday with aggravated cruelty to animals and other offenses.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission filed charges against Alexander Brock Smith, 18, and an unnamed 17-year-old, for what was described in an arrest warrant as the torture of the buck that the 17-year-old had shot and wounded.

Video of the November attack circulated quickly on social media and generated outrage, along with pressure on investigators to solve the case.

Smith was arraigned Friday and released on $50,000 unsecured bail. Messages were left seeking comment from attorneys for both defendants. The 17-year-old was charged as a juvenile, and court records in his case were not immediately available. A message was left with the county prosecutor.

Smith's arrest affidavit said both defendants told investigators what occurred after the 17-year-old shot the whitetail deer while hunting from a tree stand on Smith's family property in a remote region, about 75 miles (120 kilometers) northeast of Pittsburgh. Both defendants live in Brookville.

The younger defendant shot the deer at about noon on Nov. 30, and he missed as he attempted to shoot the deer a second time. The 17-year-old told investigators he did not have another round of live ammunition with him.

“He and Smith began to repeatedly kick and stomp the deer, attempting to kill the deer,” according to the police affidavit.

The deer appeared to be temporarily paralyzed and was seen on video struggling with each kick, while Smith stood on the animal's back leg, the Game Commission charged.

The video showed the right antler was removed from the animal — it was later recovered from the 17-year-old's home.

The deer ran off and has not been located, Game Commission spokesman Travis Lau said. Investigators searched the area and used dogs, to no avail.

“We did find other deer that had either been shot or road kills that were in there and unrecovered, but we didn't come up with any evidence that contradicted what they told us, that the deer had run off,” Lau said.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nat...eotaped-kicking-of-wounded-deer/2258469/
Good news.
I'd bet they'll get some stomping in jail if the other convicts realize who they are. I hope they are over 18....
I think that I would have looked the other way. It is a good thing that youth are hunting.
Cruelty to animals, torturing while laughing about it is a sign that is often in a serial murderer's past.

Some people are lacking empathy and either learn it or are wired that way, I'm not sure.
Originally Posted by MM879
I think that I would have looked the other way. It is a good thing that youth are hunting.

That's as wrong as wrong can be.

Geez.

Should we look the other way when teens are out robbing banks because at least they are getting out of the house, and not playing video games?
Judging from their actions I don't think either of them are ever going to be hunters /sportsman......Thats just really bad wiring and IMO looking the other way is certainly not the answer !! Catching and prosecuting is!!!

Originally Posted by EQFD193
Judging from their actions I don't think either of them are ever going to be hunters /sportsman......Thats just really bad wiring and IMO looking the other way is certainly not the answer !! Catching and prosecuting is!!!

+1
That's good news.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Geez.

Should we look the other way when teens are out robbing banks because at least they are getting out of the house, and not playing video games?

The boys shot a deer while hunting. They were not successful. They tried to terminate the animal after the failed shot. They failed.
End of story. No banks or serial killers were involved,,, ass whole

Geez.

The boys shot a deer while hunting. They were not successful. They tried to terminate the animal after the failed shot. They failed.

That's NOT what happened. Not at all.

But, keep sticking up for them. The anti's love that stuff.

Geez.

What, no knife? How were they going to field dress? Kicking a deer to death, and you'd look the other way? Some ethical hunter you must be MM879
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Some ethical hunter you must be MM879

That's how we get teenagers with no hunting ethics.
The locals should beat the hide off of them for being assclowns, then nut them so they don't produce more assclowns.

I've been kind of hoping that a couple of local boys would deal with this on their own !

Geez.

That's NOT what happened. Not at all.

But, keep sticking up for them. The anti's love that stuff.

I take my chances on young kids. Sometimes Men have to make a decision.

Geez.

Agreed. That same logic should be one to be ecstatic that a poacher is teaching his kids his well honed craft.

What a dumbass!

I take my chances on young kids. Sometimes Men have to make a decision.

Part of teaching youth to hunt is teaching them the right way.

Someone made some BAD decisions.

BTW, these "teens" are legally adults. One is 17 the other is 18.

They are charged, and will be prosecuted as adults.
that's right the board admin should take his quilt away

Geez.

We can all identify the ass whole in this thread and it ain't Rockinbbar!
The whole family is a clustrf~ck and this is not the first example of dumbf~ckery the step father is the police chief and he is getting a raw deal, these kids are the spawn of a whore he hooked up with and promptly threw them the f~ck out, meth ,heroin and alcohol are all involved .......
One of the children involved is a stepson of the chief of police. I'm sure that there is no politics involved.
One of the children involved is a stepson of the chief of police. I'm sure that there is no politics involved.

Read it you f~ck tard, its step kids that he threw the out for being buttplugs !
WTF hunts with 2 rounds on them? Sounds like a BS story to me.

Those youth weren't "hunting".
They are not youths, they are thugs that need adult punishment.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
WTF hunts with 2 rounds on them? Sounds like a BS story to me.

Unfortunately I know of somebody who does that. He brags about it too.
Originally Posted by jimy

Read it you f~ck tard, its step kids that he threw the out for being buttplugs !

Item #1. Theres another new guy on 'ignore'

item #2. As someone said, I hope they are over 18...in prison for a felony and the other convicts are loving them from dusk till dawn.

It would be better treatment than they would have gotten had I caught them in the act.
Young sociopaths. They'll either continue on a long violent criminal career or turn things around a bit and become CEOs or Cops or some other career where they can intimidate people.

Bb

The information I've found is the kids are in school and on the wrestling teams. Boys at that age will make mistakes. If stomping a wounded animal is all they have done, I would look the other way. Time to get them busy working.
their participation in school activities might be disrupted

Geez.

And Michael Vick was a misunderstood hero for setting dogs on fire and drowning them

The information I've found is the kids are in school and on the wrestling teams. Boys at that age will make mistakes. If stomping a wounded animal is all they have done, I would look the other way. Time to get them busy working.

Stupid hole is getting deeper azzhat!
Those punks deserve everything they get. They are old enough to know better but they chose to be little dipshit punks instead. Hopefully when they get to jail, someone will stand on their legs and kick them in the head a few times. Truly a shame that the deer didn't have enough energy to gore them a couple of times before he got away.
One was charged as adult the other as a juvenile . Does anyone find it odd the deer ran off after all the abuse and what looks like a spine shot in the video?
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
One was charged as adult the other as a juvenile . Does anyone find it odd the deer ran off after all the abuse and what looks like a spine shot in the video?

Depends on how their sentencing works in that state. Where I live, each additional count can be a “point” that increases the standard sentencing range. Probably find that deer near some excavator tracks.

You haven't watched the video.
Originally Posted by moosemike

I bet he has watched the video.

Some people just don't see anything wrong with what they did.

That's the problem.
Originally Posted by moosemike

That's the problem.

The video will have to pass the Federal Rules of Evidence test. The video must be a legal video and non-prejudicial. We don't know why the video was taken or why it was posted. The video must be the original and not a copy. The legal video definition has many requirements also. If the video was taken by a camera in a bank lobby during a robbery it would be different. The video will fail the evidence test.

Known Facts:
No hunting violations, season, trespass, bait or equipment.
No animal was harvested
No hunting license violation

That's the problem.

The video will have to pass the Federal Rules of Evidence test. The video must be a legal video and non-prejudicial. We don't know why the video was taken or why it was posted. The video must be the original and not a copy. The legal video definition has many requirements also. If the video was taken by a camera in a bank lobby during a robbery it would be different. The video will fail the evidence test.

Known Facts:
No hunting violations, season, trespass, bait or equipment.
No animal was harvested
No hunting license violation

This is a contender for the stupidest post of the day.

I didn't think you could top yesterday... But you did.

Starman sockpuppet?

Rob Jordan?

I am going to have to agree with mm897.......felony is pretty harsh....there will be alot of jobs these lads wont be able to get....

with their enthusiasm and ethical passion ".they did try to end the suffering".....they may have a shot at getting their own hunting show....but those guys usually wait to get their felonies on camera...

wait a minute...they are shoe ins........bob
Nobody had a knife?????

Geez.

Dumb [bleep]. Apparently you didnt watch the video. If you did and stick up for that than you're a piece of [bleep] too.

Frankly.. I'd of left those kids severely hurting in the woods had I co e across that scene.
© 24hourcampfire