Home
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Second amendment county - 01/14/20
Our county (Putnam) voted today to be a second amendment county, the first in our state. My wife told me Frederick county, VA has been offered to become part of WV.
https://www.winchesterstar.com/winc...25e8f7d-80a4-569e-81e9-57eec8f7feb4.html
Posted By: joetex Re: Second amendment county - 01/14/20
Hutchinson county Texas just passed a similar resolution Monday !
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Our county (Putnam) voted today to be a second amendment county, the first in our state. My wife told me Frederick county, VA has been offered to become part of WV.

If things keep going like they are, West Virginia could probably annex every county west of the Blueridge with little push back.

If things keep going like they are, West Virginia could probably annex every county west of the Blueridge with little push back.
Originally Posted by joetex
Hutchinson county Texas just passed a similar resolution Monday !

Every county in the country should be doing so preemptively.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Second amendment county - 01/14/20
here is my concern

I don't see any legitimacy in a sanctuary city for illegals. I think its against the law and should not be supported.

but if you recognize that a county or city can be a sanctuary city for 2A, then it lends legitimacy for the immigration sanctuary cities.

Now I recognize they are different in comparison, I also recognize its happening already with illegals

but instead of declaring sanctuary as designating an area safe, I think we would be better served on recognizing that as gun owners we don't need sanctuary anywhere.

The constitution is on our side - and we must demand freedom across all of America, not sanctuary in parts like we have to hide in the shadows. I would have hope Trump got in on this by now.

just my .02
In studying the Irish and Michael Collins it occurred to me that righteous defiance must find its footing in a specific place, at a specific time among a specific people.

West Virginia is one of the best kept secrets of the eastern seaboard.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
I saw this today. Not sure how it will play out though.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Gotta wonder if/what could happen if county commissions start voting to secede to W.V.

Assuming W.V. would take them (couldn't imagine why they wouldn't), King Ralph & his band of Merry Goons will start rounding up county commissioners and charging them with sedition.

While it sounds unlikely, any county leaving for W.V. would hit Richmond in the wallet. The left takes that very seriously, and, remember, even with a "good" conservative government, all taxes are, in the end, collected at gunpoint.
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Mother's from Red Creek, went to Harman high, family cemetery at Job. Dad's from Fort Seybert, family cemetery at Dale Hill, place way back in history that was known as Wizard's clip. We're 30 min from the state line, If absolutely forced to we'll buy a place there and keep my business here, til the communists are voted out.

I think Cashisking bought a place in WVa too.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
The article about Frederick county states the county was invited to join us 158 years ago. I had never heard that.
KFWA, I see your point abut legitimacy but if the libs go after the pro-second amendment sanctuary claim they'll kill theirs. It's kind of a catch 22. The anti-gun move in VA isn't going the way Bloomberg planned IMHO.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
KFWA, I see your point abut legitimacy but if the libs go after the pro-second amendment sanctuary claim they'll kill theirs. It's kind of a catch 22. The anti-gun move in VA isn't going the way Bloomberg planned IMHO. [/quote]

I think this was kinda what started the 2A sanctuary city/county thing. It was intended to show how ridiculous sanctuary city resolutions are when immigration is involved. Instead the left doubled down and so now they are forced to deal with 2A sanctuary resolutions. Personally I don't think either have any legal validity.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Our county passed a resolution to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary county as well. There was a roll call vote which forced at least one mealy mouthed magistrate to stop straddling the fence and commit.

The issue I have is that it was only a "resolution" which means nothing. I would have preferred an "ordinance" which would have forced compliance by local constabulary. Fully aware that an ordinance would have had potential legal challenges regarding overriding or superseding state of federal law.

Happy to have the resolution. Would have preferred the ordinance...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Yup. Moved here from the Peoples Republic of Maryland thirty years ago in March.

Shoulda moved a bit farther fom the VA line it seems.
Posted By: RAS Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Our Country had a meeting on this last night. Like 150 people showed up in support. Usual meetings bring in 3-4 people.

The County Commissioners definitely got the point that those who attended were in favor.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Petitions going around our county, and others here.
Lots of interest I'm told. Stopping a a friends business
to add my name, wife needs to also.

I'm certain our Demonrat Governor would love to jump
in with Virginia. Legislature won't play that game, yet!

Maybe if enough counties pass these resolutions, they will
get the hint.

Or not.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by 45_100

I think this was kinda what started the 2A sanctuary city/county thing. It was intended to show how ridiculous sanctuary city resolutions are when immigration is involved. Instead the left doubled down and so now they are forced to deal with 2A sanctuary resolutions. Personally I don't think either have any legal validity.
Laws that violate the second amendment are what have no validity. None whatsoever. "Shall NOT be INFRINGED" ain't that hard to understand and there aren't any if's, and's or but's in it. The second amendment sanctuaries are making an effort to adhere to the bill of rights. The lawmakers are clearly violating it and have been for a looong time.
Posted By: deflave Re: Second amendment county - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by KFWA
here is my concern

I don't see any legitimacy in a sanctuary city for illegals. I think its against the law and should not be supported.

but if you recognize that a county or city can be a sanctuary city for 2A, then it lends legitimacy for the immigration sanctuary cities.

Now I recognize they are different in comparison, I also recognize its happening already with illegals

but instead of declaring sanctuary as designating an area safe, I think we would be better served on recognizing that as gun owners we don't need sanctuary anywhere.

The constitution is on our side - and we must demand freedom across all of America, not sanctuary in parts like we have to hide in the shadows. I would have hope Trump got in on this by now.

just my .02

Mmmm, no.
© 24hourcampfire