Home
Posted By: 6MMWASP McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
What do you think?

I'd sure like to see Cerrone kick Connor in the head and shut him off.
I think it is total BS I like Cowboy a lot but he doesn't deserve a fight with Conner.

My opinion is that Dana has created a new WWE only with actual fighting.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I think it is total BS I like Cowboy a lot but he doesn't deserve a fight with Conner.

I think he can beat Conner, if he catches him with that head kick.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

It isn't about if or if not he can beat him. Shouldn't fights be based on you winning and fighting up the ladder? Not losing and getting a big fight.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
MCH The fight is set.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20

That is absolutely what it is. WWE style events with actual fighters. It’s less about sport and all about promotion.

Lesnar drove that fact home.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
MCH The fight is set.

What does that mean? Of course the fight is happening, where did anyone say the fight was not happening?
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
I guess it means that we could discuss what should have been, could have been. My OP was just trying to get opinions on what might happen in the fight, Not who should be in the fight.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
No clue what will happen, but I’ll root for Cerrone.

Conners schtick is tiresome.
Conner will beat Cowboy, That will end his career. Conner will be forced to fight a guy deserving of the fight. Is that better?

The facts all still remain the same.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I agree. But I don't see it happening and have to believe "if" it does it is all part of the drama of UFC as I stated earlier becoming the new WWE.
I would say that this whole BS with ESPN would be the death of the UFC but dam people are easily parted from their money these days.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
Been watching Cowboy fight for years. And I mean a lot of years.

Geez o Pete, how old is he now?

Would love to see him win this fight. But, I don't know that that's going to happen..
Posted By: Matty99669 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
I see this as a possible retirement fight for Cerrone. Whether or not he wins in the ring doesnt really matter. He has already won. Its the main card in a huge ppv event. The paycheck is going to be excellent. If its a loss in the ring I doubt he will try (or be able at his age) to start again for a title run. Take the purse and invest it wisely win lose or draw. I think he will be KO'ed end of the first or early second but I hope Im wrong. I would love to see McGregor wake up in front of millions embarrassed and wondering what happened.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
Well I think you have to take into consideration, that McGregor hasn't fought in a long time. I'm not sure how many people want to fight him. I like Cowboy, I've also watched him fight for years. He comes in and gives 100% and I like that. I think there are a lot of people who would roll over for Connor but Cowboy won't. Connor will have to earn his money, and if he makes a mistake, he just might get his head kicked off. I'd love to see Cowboy do it. Cowboy is a fighters fighter. He doesn't need to know who he's fighting, just where to show up and he'll be there. I like that.
Posted By: Texczech Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
I dont keep up very close on mma but the fights I've seen I like MeGregor. What I dont like is the Muhammad Ali trash taking, banny rooster act that McGregor does. He either needs to let his skill do the talking or be taken down several notches. I wish he would just shut up and fight.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Barkoff

It isn't about if or if not he can beat him. Shouldn't fights be based on you winning and fighting up the ladder? Not losing and getting a big fight.

Hasn’t Cerrone won a lot of fights at 170?
Posted By: Matty99669 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Texczech
I dont keep up very close on mma but the fights I've seen I like MeGregor. What I dont like is the Muhammad Ali trash taking, banny rooster act that McGregor does. He either needs to let his skill do the talking or be taken down several notches. I wish he would just shut up and fight.

I agree. The guy is top shelf for sure but I just cant stand his mouth. One of my favorite all-time mma moments was watching Diaz sink in that choke.
Conor talks a lot of crap and it gets old for sure. But god dam the man puts in the work and shows up! At that level in anything you believe in yourself 100%, I think he also uses it as a marketing strategy. Dana surely loves it! It fits what he has taken the UFC to. I respect the hell out of Conor and watching him fight is always a worthy show.

I have watched Cowboy fight for a long time as well. I respect the hell out of him as well. He is among my favorite fighters to watch. He has lost his last two fights and is 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights. That is not deserving of a match with Conor.
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
Conor talks a lot of crap and it gets old for sure. But god dam the man puts in the work and shows up! At that level in anything you believe in yourself 100%, I think he also uses it as a marketing strategy. Dana surely loves it! It fits what he has taken the UFC to. I respect the hell out of Conor and watching him fight is always a worthy show.

I have watched Cowboy fight for a long time as well. I respect the hell out of him as well. He is among my favorite fighters to watch. He has lost his last two fights and is 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights. That is not deserving of a match with Conor.

I also believe the trash talk is psychological warfare that has been semi effective in the past.
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
As far as OP. I like both fighters, but agree this should be Conor's night.
Posted By: hanco Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
My oldest girl watches that crap all the time.
Posted By: Cinch Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
They've both lost two won two of there last four fights... DC fought four times in 2019... CM hasn't fought since 10/6/2018... I don't see where DC doesn't deserve the fight...
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
I opened this thread because I thought some new court case had been decided. Carry on.
Posted By: k20350 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20

Conor hasnt won anything in 2.5 years. The one fight he did win Diaz 2 I thought Nate won because Conor spent half the fight on his bicycle. Saying Cowboy doesnt deserve a match with him is nonsense. As far as them becoming to the WWE they have a 4 billion dollar nut to crack and are owned by a entertainment company welcome to the future.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
....... He has lost his last two fights and is 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights. That is not deserving of a match with Conor.

McGregor hasn't fought since 10/6/2018.
Prior to that it was 11/12/16.
It's been over a year since his last fight and almost 3 since his next to last (MMA) fight. Throw the Mayweather stuff out.

I don't think the fight with Cowboy was made for Cowboy but for Connor. It's a return fight. Cerrone is certainly worthy to be a test for Connor.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
....... He has lost his last two fights and is 3 and 3 in his last 6 fights. That is not deserving of a match with Conor.

It's been over a year since his last fight and almost 3 since his next to last (MMA) fight. Throw the Mayweather stuff out.

I don't think the fight with Cowboy was made for Cowboy but for Connor. It's a return fight. Cerrone is certainly worthy to be a test for Connor.

I have to disagree. Cowboy is old and not a contender to move up. Conor has a realistic chance at fighting up. There are other fighters that have a chance to fight up also if given the chance. Those fighters should be given the fight not Cowboy. But you all are certainly entitled to your own opinion. Either way I see Conor winning.
Posted By: deflave Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/15/20
McGregor is the only person that could make me cheer for a Muslim.

Besides Tyson.
Posted By: Ringman Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/16/20
I hope Cowboy calf ropes him and spanks him.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/16/20
Cerrone has looked better at 170. I hope he lands a vicious head kick to the mouthy little guy. I wish Masvidal would get the opportunity to give McGregor a three peice and a soda...
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/16/20

I have to disagree. Cowboy is old and not a contender to move up. Conor has a realistic chance at fighting up. There are other fighters that have a chance to fight up also if given the chance. Those fighters should be given the fight not Cowboy. But you all are certainly entitled to your own opinion. Either way I see Conor winning.

I agree with what you're saying concerning Cowboy. I still think this fight is given to Connor to get rid of ring rust...someone who will give him a fight but likely not win the fight. I think the fighters that are or will be contenders aren't who they want Connor to fight in the first fight back.....if he loses a second fight in a row his stock really drops.
Posted By: Nervifolious Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/16/20
I hope Cerrone can win.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/16/20
I like Cowboy's chances so long as McGregor doesn't catch him early. Cowboy has a much better ground game and should be able to submit him.if he takes it to the ground. I'm wanting rd 1 over asap. McGregor is a very accurate striker early

I agree with what you're saying concerning Cowboy. I still think this fight is given to Connor to get rid of ring rust...someone who will give him a fight but likely not win the fight. I think the fighters that are or will be contenders aren't who they want Connor to fight in the first fight back.....if he loses a second fight in a row his stock really drops.

Can't argue with you on that at all!
It will air free on YouTube early Sunday morning. Just get up early to watch it, before YouTube starts taking them down.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/18/20
I watch every UFC but the pursuit of the Marquee fights for big paydays is annoying. But I realize it's a company and they exist to make money vice pacify my purist mentality so I get it.

That being said, I hope Cowboy knocks that loud mouth unconscious.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I agree. But I don't see it happening and have to believe "if" it does it is all part of the drama of UFC as I stated earlier becoming the new WWE.

Yep!!!
Posted By: pal Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/18/20
I very much like Cowboy Cerrone, but not against McGregor, who is one of the best cage fighters I've ever seen. Cowboy can be a slow starter, which plays to McGregor. Cowboy is better on the ground.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/18/20
Cowboy will win but.......

Will Holly Holm ever win again?
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
None of us know, how many people were offered a fight with Connor before it was offered to Cowboy. Cowboy won't back down. He's capable of winning. But anyone can lose on any given night. Be out of position for 2 seconds and you can get knocked out. I have no use for Connor. Just assune see Cowboy kick his head off.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
None of us know, how many people were offered a fight with Connor before it was offered to Cowboy. Cowboy won't back down. He's capable of winning. But anyone can lose on any given night. Be out of position for 2 seconds and you can get knocked out. I have no use for Connor. Just assune see Cowboy kick his head off.

Cowboy has had his share of losses. But, he's never dodged anybody.
Posted By: JonS Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Over, McGregor in less than 1
Posted By: Clarkm Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
not much of a fight
I've never seen that before. Who hits people with their shoulder??? I've never seen using your shoulder and have it that effective. He comes in with a fighting plan, like no one else.
Like I said as much as I like Cowboy he didn't deserve the fight. Oh well should be interesting what the next fight brings.
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
They’re going to make Conor wear shoulder pads in the next fight. Cowboy was completely unprepared for that.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Dana White just got richer
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
MCH called this one. Congrats to McGregor. Wish Cowboy would have done better
Posted By: 700LH Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
At the butcher a Boston butt is a shoulder cut and there are plenty of Irish in Boston...
Posted By: smokinggun Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Like a street fight, the one who gets the first punch in usually wins. As much as I can’t stand McGregor that was impressive.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
That was a great display of what can happen in a fight. McGregor is an amazing fighter, regardless of his antics. Actually, this fight he presented himself very differently in the pressers and weigh-ins and such. Maybe he has learned some discipline and that can only seem to make him better in the long haul.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Those shoulder shots really took the starch out of Cerrone.

https://247sports.com/Article/Conor-McGregor-fight-video-result-Cowboy-Cerrone-UFC-246-142426499/
Posted By: deflave Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Good for McGregor.

Now I hope Khabib beats his head in.
Posted By: logcutter Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Good for McGregor.

Khabib will be crushed by Ferguson then he will have to prove himself to be worthy of a McGregor fight..huh
Posted By: muleshoe Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
I don't care much about the Conor, but that was truly impressive.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Fugg'n idiots paying $89.00 to watch that [bleep]....lol
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Funny huh?
Think about it. No different than when Anderson Silva did a front snap kick and took out his opponent. Do something they don't expect. I doubt that trick will work again. But Connor will come up with a new one. It wasn't a fight per se. It was a trick, surprise punch. Cowboy shouldn't have gotten caught but he did, and I expect there are darn few fighters that wouldn't have gotten caught, with that little trick.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I like Cowboy's chances so long as McGregor doesn't catch him early. Cowboy has a much better ground game and should be able to submit him.if he takes it to the ground. I'm wanting rd 1 over asap. McGregor is a very accurate striker early

You got your wish! wink
Posted By: deflave Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Funny huh?

Why is that funny?
Posted By: ironbender Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/19/20
The link above doesn’t work for me. Anyone got another?
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/20/20

I have never paid for a PPV. Bars are cheap.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by logcutter
Good for McGregor.

Khabib will be crushed by Ferguson then he will have to prove himself to be worthy of a McGregor fight..huh

You're high as fugg if you think Ferguson will "crush" Khabib. He is 28-0 for a real reason. That is an amazingly ignorant comment, even for you.
Posted By: logcutter Re: McGregor vs. Cerrone - 01/20/20
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by logcutter
Good for McGregor.

You're high as fugg if you think Ferguson will "crush" Khabib. He is 28-0 for a real reason. That is an amazingly ignorant comment, even for you.

It was tongue and cheek for what Khabib said about fighting Connor again::

Undefeated lightweight UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov said that a rematch with Conor McGregor is "possible," but only if he "wins 10 fights in a row."

"As for a rematch, to fight for a belt in the UFC, I remember I had something like nine or 10 fights. If he wins 10 fights in a row, then that's completely possible," Khabib said per the Associated Press (h/t ESPN).

Tony Furgeson has a real chance at beating the Khabib with his unorthodox wrestling..He is a tuff dude that enjoys pain!
© 24hourcampfire