Home
“Anti-gun billionaires who invested millions in the 2019 Virginia elections expect a return on that investment,” said NRA official D. J. Spiker. “The NRA is fully prepared to work to defeat Governor Northam’s gun grab – but also work to find compromise.”

http://news.trust.org/item/20200120102713-6c14n

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.co...o-compromise-with-northam-and-democrats/
"Compromise" - seems to be a recurring NRA theme. We can not afford for the NRA to go soft on the 2nd Amendment. Not any more.
Compromise is what got us to where we are at now. Ask California and New York about it.
watch4bear in 3...2...1
"You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth."
The NRA is not our friends, and have not been for a long time. Invest in the GOA.
YOu guys scream "FAKE NEWS" for years and take every word as gospel to stab your friends in the back.

Why in the world do you hangers on do nothings keep talking about the NRA? None of you ever did a thing on your own. Where was GOA and all your REAL friends today? Why not jump right in there and show us how its done just one time.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The NRA is not our friends, and have not been for a long time. Invest in the GOA.

This. They need to be completely defunded before they compromise away what's left of our Second Amendment rights.
Originally Posted by JackRyan
YOu guys scream "FAKE NEWS" for years and take every word as gospel to stab your friends in the back.

Why in the world do you hangers on do nothings keep talking about the NRA? None of you ever did a thing on your own. Where was GOA and all your REAL friends today? Why not jump right in there and show us how its done just one time.

Speak for yourself, I write legislation and get it carried in Tennessee, run a PAC and get good legislators elected, work the stump for them, I am very involved.

The person who was our NRA Lobbyist for the last 4-5 years was a registered Virginia Democrat who donated money to Northam.

Ummmm GOA helped organize the event and Erich Pratt the VP of GOA was one of the speakers. Aaaaaand we did jump in there and show you how it's done. The NRA was MIA. The NRA did send 4 pieces of junk mail, 2 emails and a phone message asking for money today though, so there is that.
Originally Posted by worriedman

Speak for yourself, I write legislation and get it carried in Tennessee, run a PAC and get good legislators elected, work the stump for them, I am very involved.

The person who was our NRA Lobbyist for the last 4-5 years was a registered Virginia Democrat who donated money to Northam.

Can you PM me his name if you get time? I'd love to make him my new hobby for a few days.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

This. They need to be completely defunded before they compromise away what's left of our Second Amendment rights.

I haven't heard one single person from Virginia ask anything of the NRA in this situation.

Fugk the NRA.
We, the conservative right have been compromising for 100 years. It’s time for the left to start compromising! When you are compromising, you’re losing ground! memtb
Compromise is give and take.
How it should work.

We have been giving.
They only things we have gotten we have had to take.
There is no compromise.

Honestly.
From a gun rights perspective, Hurricane Katrina, and 911
are what has been the driver for most of our gains.

More and more people are realizing that the defense they can provide may be all they get. Not gun people. Many were mildly anti-gun.
They have just come to realize the need for guns.
There's no point to NRA when Gun Owners of America will do more with less. Send your money where it will count. GOA and your state organization.
I emailed him and chewed his ass, just got this reply. Hopefully he's being honest that they misquoted the NRA

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out, and thank you for being a member and working with us as we fight these terrible pieces of legislation.

Unfortunately Reuters misrepresented and misquoted a pre-packaged statement from our PR department that did not reflect the NRA's position. As a result of their mistake, Reuters has pulled the all references to the NRA and my quote in their reporting from the article today, which you can find here:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-rally/militia-leaders-warn-virginia-gun-rally-could-get-violent-idUSKBN1ZJ15B​

I assure you, we are committed to opposing all pieces of legislation filed by the Governor and other Democrats as we work hard for law-abiding Virginians, like yourself. I would encourage you to watch our press conference from last Monday on CBS6 to get a direct view of our position and our efforts in Virginia.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

D.J. Spiker, MPA
State Director, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina
National Rifle Association
Institute for Legislative Action
11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by worriedman

Can you PM me his name if you get time? I'd love to make him my new hobby for a few days.

She was let go this year, we have a new "Director" I have been reaching our for over two months as legislative Session started a week ago here, to no avail. when Daren LaSorte was our lobbyist in the early years he was a beast, and made them hurt when they went the wrong way, now we get the lobbyist interested only in access to the Power brokers, not what is the right thing.

I still want to work with the new guy, if he will ever call me back...
Virginia is currently the "front Lines" in the battle for the second amendment and the NRA is MIA..... but at least Wayne has fancy new suits....

Where is WFbear? he seems a little quiet lately
Originally Posted by irfubar
Virginia is currently the "front Lines" in the battle for the second amendment and the NRA is MIA..... but at least Wayne has fancy new suits....

WhatsAbear went MIA after I asked him for his plan....Licking his gash we all figured is his excuse. 😎
Oddly enough, I've been emailing back and forth with the reporter for Reuters, Brad Brooks, about his reporting of the rally for a few days. I just emailed and asked if Spiker is telling the truth about being misquoted or if he really said that they were looking for a compromise .
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by irfubar

WhatsAbear went MIA after I asked him for his plan....Licking his gash we all figured is his excuse. 😎

I noticed Beav...... wink
Seems like the NRA is like Congress. Go there with nothing and leave with a big bank account. They could care less about gunowners. All they want is money to further their agenda. I have been a Life member since 1963 and at that time they were the NRA. Today they are money hungry liberals.
It's human nature for people to support something they invest in. The smart ones know when to cut their losses. Most people aren't smart.
There comes a time when compromise is no longer an option. You have to push back and make the other side give up ground. For too many years the NRA has been willing to compromise and the Second Ammendment is less relevant because of it. We need to regain the ground we have lost. Roll back unconstitutional infringements on the Second Ammendment.
Originally Posted by 45_100
There comes a time when compromise is no longer an option. You have to push back and make the other side give up ground. For too many years the NRA has been willing to compromise and the Second Ammendment is less relevant because of it. We need to regain the ground we have lost. Roll back unconstitutional infringements on the Second Ammendment.

You are spot on! Hell with compromise! Time to take back lost ground. Starting with legalizing suppressors and sbr's.
All compromise will do is postpone the inevitable. The NRA knows this. C’mon Ginsberg
For gosh sake that is what the NRA has been doing for thirty years and look what it has got us; the hole we are standing in today, enough is enough. Cheers NC
enough is enough.

There are some that about to get enough grin

Nothing will change that until we get a supreme court.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
enough is enough.

Watch4poopoo nobody is hearing your excuses .. Sorry grin
Your an idiot if you think the court tilts in our favor right now. Are you a dolt?
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
watch4bear in 3...2...1

I heard he was taking his Barrett .50cal and headed to Virginia. I hope he didn’t get intimidated with Virgin as the root of Virginia. 😂
Your an idiot if you think the court tilts in our favor right now. Are you a dolt?

😂
Maybe if you get Ginsberg stoned before court? grin grin

Kagan probably already tokes up. She has the look of a pot head.
Oddly enough, I've been emailing back and forth with the reporter for Reuters, Brad Brooks, about his reporting of the rally for a few days. I just emailed and asked if Spiker is telling the truth about being misquoted or if he really said that they were looking for a compromise .

Y’all went and protested today. Now what?
N never
R repeal
A anything
Shouldn't you be preaching to the democrats California kid?

They're taking your gun rights because they can. They get elected by your kin folks and then shove it right into your buttocks
It is your choice to obey. Just remember gun control has nothing to do with gun safety or control.

[Linked Image]
Compromise means they won't do anything too drastic so Wayne will still have buddies in DC.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

We wait and see if the laws pass, if they do we head to court, if we lose there we take it to the supreme court,
If we lose there and haven't retook a republican majority back in the legislature we do one of two things;
Either every gun owner in the country that gives a damn shows up and fights along side us or gun control sweeps across the country.
Ask the NRA what they did for MD about 10yrs ago.... Im still trying to figure it out myself.......
Shouldn't you be preaching to the democrats California kid?

They're taking your gun rights because they can. They get elected by your kin folks and then shove it right into your buttocks

Speaking of California, what has the NRA done for the gun owners there since Roberti-Roos? What has the NRA done for the New Yorkers under the heal of Blomberg? Does the NRA only represent the supposed majority of a given state, like boughten politicos or do they represent gun owners? Honest question, because I'm no longer a member.

Ever hear back from the reporter?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

We wait and see if the laws pass, if they do we head to court, if we lose there we take it to the supreme court,
If we lose there and haven't retook a republican majority back in the legislature we do one of two things;
Either every gun owner in the country that gives a damn shows up and fights along side us or gun control sweeps across the country.

What’s the next thing on the timeline?
As far as I am concerned the NRA is history as long as Wayne is there in any capacity.
enough is enough.

laugh

To funny right there.
Wonder what the excuse was when we had a favorable Supreme Court? I remember 1968 and all those "compromises" leading up till now.

Take a look back in the Past and show me where the 2nd. Amendment was upheld completely by the NRA.

OH ya, I always forget the selling point........if it wasn't for the NRA ..........
The real truth is if it wasn't for the NRA we would be in a much better place. There would have been a ton of Rally/Marches if folks wouldn't have thought sending money to a promise wouldn't work.
© 24hourcampfire