Home
https://www.journalgazette.net/news/health/20200123/china-city-of-11-million-begins-self-quarantine
Likewise, the screening of passengers is worthless. Why? Prodromal Corona virus becomes contagious before any symptoms show up. Also, how many feeling a bit puny will take an Advil or Tylenol and knock out any fever, temporarily. Viral infections also have fevers that wax and wain.

A healthy 22 year old girl was fine. 11 hours later she was in ICU where she suffered a heart attack. She died 3 days later.

Take care guys.
It will be here by March
Originally Posted by hanco
It will be here by March

Too late. Already here. A guy is in quarantine at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington, just north of Seattle.

“The deadly new virus spreading across Asia is far more contagious than previously feared and can be spread third-hand via a simple cough or sneeze, medics have today confirmed.

Eighteen people with the virus are now confirmed to have died and almost 600 have been infected in at least 10 countries. But experts predict the true number of cases could be as many as 10,000 as they warn it may kill as many as two in 100.”

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

See:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...uhans-streets-Chinese-city-lockdown.html
How many does the common cold kill annually?

Just another malady in a world full of them.
Another person ill in Ca is being monitored.

Contacts of the WA case are being monitored. If any of those being monitored caught it, they could have already spread it.
If it spread that easily millions would already be infected over there. They are as thick as rats. Ed k
Originally Posted by jaguartx
... Contacts of the WA case are being monitored. If any of those being monitored caught it, they could have already spread it.

That patient is currently being treated by a robot in a guarded bio-containment room at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett as doctors are monitoring 16 people he came into contact with in the US during the five days before he was diagnosed.

(PS .... I’m on that Island just to the west of Everett.)
I just heard that this virus most likely originated in snakes???
Originally Posted by Raeford

Maybe ... maybe not:

“Some preliminary research that has been picked up by the Western press, including CNN, claims the virus may have been passed to humans by snakes, with the Chinese krait and the Chinese cobra the primary suspects. The many-banded krait, also known as the Taiwanese krait, and the Chinese krait, is a highly venomous species that dwells across central and southern China, and across Southeast Asia more broadly.

It's also apparently among the species of snakes that are sometimes consumed by humans.

Snakes aren't the only suspects. A team of scientists who recently published a paper in the China Science Bulletin hypothesized that the virus may have been transmitted to humans via bats. After this revelation, the Daily Star, a British tabloid, claimed that the "unknown link" between bats and humans may have been the Chinese delicacy 'bat soup'.

As evidence, the tabloid reported that footage of Wuhan residents eating the strange soup had emerged on social media over the past week. In on clip, a girl can be seen eating a bat with a pair of chopsticks during a dinner with friends.

It's unclear exactly how reliable this is, but it's worth mentioning that a grocery store identified as the source of the virus sold many strange animal products, including snakes and possibly bats.

[Linked Image from zerohedge.com]

It's also possible that the virus may have originated in the bats before being transferred to snakes, and then on to humans. A reading of the protein codes favored by the new coronavirus found that it was similar to viruses found in birds, snakes, marmots, hedgehogs, manis, bats and humans. Snakes often hunt for bats in the wild, and it's possible that a snake sold in the local seafood market in Wuhan had acquired the virus from its prey, before passing it on to a hungry human.

But those aren't the only theories. According to Reuters, Chinese government medical adviser Zhong Nanshan has also identified badgers and rats as possible culprits.”

See:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...spect-new-coronavirus-originated-animals

Ebola is endemic in the fruit bars of Africa. It evidently flares up from time when fruit bat eaters get the virus when preparing them to eat or from undercooked bats.
Originally Posted by ERK
If it spread that easily millions would already be infected over there. They are as thick as rats. Ed k

Maybe not for long.

China has now locked down 35 million people.
Interesting note on population of China. I drove for 8 hours across the countryside. Never once was I out of sight of someone or someones. And this was the countryside. Lots of folks there.
1.2 billion people eating disease ridden bats, what could go wrong?
You gotta be pretty f'n desperate to start eating bats, rats, or cats.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
1.2 billion people eating disease ridden bats, what could go wrong?

Maybe that's where the term "batshixt crazy" originated. hawhaw
The San Antonio newspaper is reporting there’s a suspected case in Brazos county.
Embrace multi -culturism.
The world is past due a good kill off.

Cities are not the place to be when it happens.
What is it about that subculture that lends itself to doing g weird stuff? crazy
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
What is it about that subculture that lends itself to doing g weird stuff? crazy

Culturally insensitive wide-eye ..... Me Rike Bat Soup ...

[Linked Image from i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk]
Y'all can shut down the pics and vids anytime.....mmmk?
Leaders of China discussing foo d shortage. One of them came up with a cure for that. Ed k
They have to promote a pending disaster every few years.
Damn, I am a bit sick to my stomach now.

Congrats, that is not an easy thing to do.
Good news on the chick in Chitcago who just got diagnosed after her trip to China is that after her return "she really wasnt around that many pipple."

That's great news. smirk
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Embrace multi -culturism.

Our diversity makes us stronger, if it doesn't kill us.
Originally Posted by WTM45

Common colds dont often kill kids.

This ^^^^^ ... 18 people have died to-date. Compared to the 25,000 people who die from the flu each year in the U.S. Less than 1/10th of 1 percent of our normal annual flu mortality rate.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You gotta be pretty f'n desperate to start eating bats, rats, or cats.
Anybody that eats shyt like that deserves to die. Fuggin neanderthals.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

This ^^^^^ ... 18 people have died to-date. Compared to the 25,000 people who die from the flu each year in the U.S. Less than 1/10th of 1 percent of our normal annual flu mortality rate.

I wish I could believe fake news. I wonder how many thousands die from illness in China each day with never getting a diagnosis.

You think they would lock down 35 million folks over 18 deaths, or a thousand flu deaths?
Is this like the bird flu and melting glaciers that never stop melting?
And they don't cover their f'ing mouths when they cough over there.
There's some talk of the virus escaping from a laboratory in China.
It seems to be a bit too coincidental that Wuhan China is the location of a laboratory that was built to study deadly pathogens and that a deadly pathogen is now running through Wuhan China.

From 2017:

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-...world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

A laboratory in Wuhan is on the cusp of being cleared to work with the world’s most dangerous pathogens. The move is part of a plan to build between five and seven biosafety level-4 (BSL-4) labs across the Chinese mainland by 2025, and has generated much excitement, as well as some concerns.

Some scientists outside China worry about pathogens escaping, and the addition of a biological dimension to geopolitical tensions between China and other nations. But Chinese microbiologists are celebrating their entrance to the elite cadre empowered to wrestle with the world’s greatest biological threats.
happy new year
Originally Posted by kelbro
And they don't cover their f'ing mouths when they cough over there.

Don't need to when you live with a mask on.
What we need is a virus that only infects those phuggers in the Gucci men's fashion show.
Biosafety Lab=Biological Weapons Laboratory
Ebola is endemic in the fruit bars of Africa. It evidently flares up from time when fruit bat eaters get the virus when preparing them to eat or from undercooked bats.

Hmm, no more ordering them medium rare. Only well done I guess for awhile until this passes smile
Already in the USA. CDC is monitoring people in 22 states all thanks to Communist china and air lines.
aoc is right air travel will kill us all
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Already in the USA. CDC is monitoring people in 22 states all thanks to Communist china and air lines.

Not an accident.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Biosafety Lab=Biological Weapons Laboratory

This was the first report back a few days ago showed an area looked to be 10-15 bodies in the street.
The province and location equal Chinese Bio weapons facility.
There are some that believe this is a Biological weapons mistake that is hitching a ride with a virus and the outcome is not good.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
What we need is a virus that only infects those phuggers in the Gucci men's fashion show.

This.
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-update...n-bid-to-contain-virus-today-2020-01-24/
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-update...n-bid-to-contain-virus-today-2020-01-24/
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Not an accident.

This. Huanggang is where their biological warfare labs are.

Trump is swinging the deep state cabals balance of power back from the NWO darling, China, back to the North American Hemisphere. The same NWO Cabal who has empowered NK and has been attempting to empower Iran to affect mass human eradication through nuclear war.

Probly just a coincidence though.
Shut all international travel from there down for at least 6 weeks.
Originally Posted by NoDak

Amen. A week ago.
Originally Posted by NoDak

That would be the smart and reasonable thing to do, which is why it will never be done.
It's no different from the swine flu pandemic 15 years ago. Big Scare. Drug companies make billions. True story.
So, China is attempting to build a 1000 bed and a 1300 bed hospital in 10 days for a cold virus. Right?
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
I'm not sure what to think about it.

At this point I'm trying to decide if the situation is being exaggerated or if it's being covered up.
We all know the solution to this problem.
I've already figured out that at my age and condition I'm in the high risk group so I'm starting to plan how to improve my chances.. I can pretty much isolate myself from most people, become fanatic about washing my hands after touching anything from outside. I can keep the risk down to mail, grocery shopping and fuel purchases
Next week I'll start building up a supply of things I might need to survive.
My parents lived through the 1918 epidemic although both were very ill. I've heard enough about that to be scared.
This IS going to be bad.
If I gotta go, I'd much rather go from Negra Modelo virus.
Handromeda Strain...
Originally Posted by gunzo

Dos Equis Virus is a real killer.
Tariffs work.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Handromeda Strain...

Inventive! Great movie.
So everybody get ready to light your hair on fire and run in circles screaming, "We're all gonna die!"

Yet again.
Originally Posted by nighthawk
So everybody get ready to light your hair on fire and run in circles screaming, "We're all gonna die!"

Yet again.

Some joke! ... 50-100 million died on the last big one and global travel wasn't nearly as much as it is now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Yet again.

They schedule for us to do that every few years, don't they?
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Yet again.

Some joke! ... 50-100 million died on the last big one and global travel wasn't nearly as much as it is now.

That isn't very many out of 7 billion.
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Yet again.

I think it would make the news.
Originally Posted by hanco
It will be here by March

Heard yesterday There was a possible case in the College Station area. I’m guessing a foreign student from China. There were lots of them there when I was there in the 1980s. I’m sure there are probably lots of them there now.
Anyhow, I was thinking that was your neck of the woods.
Stay safe buddy!

Yet again.

No, no! I'm talking about media prognostications of doom for the US. Like the Chinese bird flu scare of 2013. Which ended up killing a lot of Chinese chickens but a couple hundred people in total.
Cut off all trade and all travel with the yellow people. They can sell the plastic toys to Iran, and they get no more of our stuff either.

Yet again.

As a kid, my parents were close friends with a real old time, horse and buggy country doctor. The families would get together with a another couple for supper during the winter. The men would sit in the dining room and smoke and talk and the women would do dishes. I got to polish the silverware and put it back into the chest and listen to the men talk. The firsthand stories I heard about the “flu epidemic”, in 1918-1920, were enough to give me nightmares. Lots of cases of young folks and kids dying which were never reported to any official entity. They were given a funeral at the rural church and buried in a small country cemetery. In 1891-92 there was a “Cholera” epidemic in eastern Nebraska that killed almost a third of the school children. A quick walk thru any of the old rural cemeteries will prove enlightening.

Pandemics have always been a part of human history. Ebola and AIDS are proof that modern medicine doesn’t have all of the answers yet.
Again, I'm mocking the panic being ginned up by the media on the mere possibility that this could become serious. Good for the news business. They've done exactly that before.
Ebola ans AIDS.....

Sounds like stuff cooked up to clean out a new land.

Europe and US turn to chitholes the rich will need a new place.
I have to say that I am concerned for the heathen and christians of china just the same. The rate of the spread and percentage of fatalities is disheartening to me for sure. I suspect the very young and the very old are most at risk of fatalities.

Cant say I have a lot of love for the way China has done business with the world USA included, yet I would not wish this illness on anyone.
Well said Hunter.
We can thank God that 0 isn’t in charge, he would be importing the infected.
Originally Posted by viking

Like he did with Ebola.

I heard this AM the US govt ordered all US citizens in China to return now. Unreal. Suckers want that stuff here. They should be closing off incoming.

I wonder how many Chinese peasants will actually be treated in those emergency hospitals. My bet is they are reserved for the rich and govt officials.
The next week will tell a lot. 60ish monitored patients in 22 states.

3 of them here in MI in 2 different counties. Yep the flu is deadly, but you notice your doctor isnt wearing a hazmat suit when he comes to treat you for the flu
It might slow it down but it is here already and unless we get real lucky it will harm a lot of folks.

I just hope it can be done away with like others were.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
It might slow it down but it is here already and unless we get real lucky it will harm a lot of folks.

I just hope it can be done away with like others were.

Depends on how many liberals get it. Those fkin fruitcakes will be trying to spread it intentionally because they think if they got it everyone else deserves it. What a way to get the Trumpers.

Yet again.

The world's population was much smaller in 1918. The mortality rate for the spanish flu is estimated to have been 3-6% of the world's population (and that is without the travel we have today), so with today's population of the world there would be about 200 to 400 million deaths with the same mortality rate (probably would be higher due to easy global travel).

http://www.influenzavirusnet.com/1918-flu-pandemic/mortality.html

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hahaha, good one, K.
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

Pandemics have always been a part of human history. Ebola and AIDS are proof that modern medicine doesn’t have all of the answers yet.

Don't underestimate modern medicine.

Ebola vaccine
It's pretty obvious that the only solution to this epidemic will be to kill all the Chinese.
We best get busy, there's a lot of them.

It's for the children.

If we can save but one life......
Originally Posted by KFWA

LMAO
joking aside, this got my attention - is the math right? who knows

Again, I'm mocking the panic being ginned up by the media on the mere possibility that this could become serious. Good for the news business. They've done exactly that before.

Sent to me by someone I trust with my life. My ex, a PRC native, says it appears authentic:

Yes, those are bodies waiting to be dealt with.

You're way too gentle.

there is "something" that comes out every year and all the "experts" wail that the sky is falling.. this year is no different...
Third casein US that we know of, So carriers (infected) have been through SeaTac, LAX, and O'Hare. And a case in Canada.

Start of the Zombie Apocalypse?
Fak the Chinese, there are no consequences in a Godless society, why sound any alarm bells? that would be bad for the Chinese economy.
Global tracking of confirmed cases, this site is updated every couple of minutes.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
there is "something" that comes out every year and all the "experts" wail that the sky is falling.. this year is no different...

The Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 killed over 50,000,000. Data in that day and time was hard to come by so it could have been more or less. Likewise medical care fairly sucked. But 50M is a sobering number and included deaths in the Pacific islands and the Arctic. How'd that happen without air travel?

With dense packed cities, air travel, and the constant mixing of people I can see a death toll in the 100's of millions not being unrealistic from the next epidemic that slips past the front line and makes into the world wide general population.

It's not ALWAYS just a fire drill.
You can hear the desperation in that nurses voice, not good.

She said don’t trust the government, that’s the last we will hear of her I bet.
Originally Posted by Squidge

How are we supposed to understand what she's saying? No subtitles. I could ask my sister in law to translate, I guess.
You can hear the desperation in that nurses voice, not good.

She said don’t trust the government, that’s the last we will hear of her I bet.

You speak Mandarin?
Wouldn’t want to be a Customs, TSA or airlines stewardess employee at any major hub right now .

Anyone who’s ever spent any amount of time in the PRC can easily understand how quickly situations like this can expand so rapidly there.
Hit the play button and turn up then volume.
Wondering if the government will shutdown the coming New Years Lunar celebrations. That’s an important event in that part of the world.

Maybe name it “The Year of The Bat”.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

How are we supposed to understand what she's saying? No subtitles. I could ask my sister in law to translate, I guess.

I see subtitles when I hit play.

Looks like I had my YouTube subtitles turned off. I just turned it on in English, and I now have subtitles. I will watch it now with the subtitles.

Squidge, do you know if it has mutated?
From K22,

US Patent for Coronavirus Patent 2015 (Patent # 10,130,701), PIRBRIGHT INSTITUTE Funded by Bill & Melinda Gates

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10130701
Don't know if it has or not. How serious this virus is remains to be seen, with a 7-14 day incubation period it will spread around the globe, it's just a matter of time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200126_32/

3 confirmed cases in the US, Seattle, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
https://youtu.be/WrqxDCHKMP8
maybe the emminent communist party will start culling the herd...misery upon misery
Originally Posted by Smokey262

Hmm, no more ordering them medium rare. Only well done I guess for awhile until this passes smile

I had a fruit bat in Africa crap on my head one time, I didn’t realize then that it was conferring immunity 😎
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Smokey262

I had a fruit bat in Africa crap on my head one time, I didn’t realize then that it was conferring immunity 😎

Or making you a bit fruity, Birdy. wink
Immigration of any kind is going to kill all of us one way or another. I blame our leaders maybe a few of these rotten [bleep] will catch it.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Immigration of any kind is going to kill all of us one way or another. I blame our leaders maybe a few of these rotten [bleep] will catch it.

They damned sure wont be treated under Obamacare.
Confirmed cases in CA & AZ now :

Coronavirus cases in Arizona, California push US tally to 5

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-arizona-california-us

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
You can track confirmed cases on the link below.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Confirmed cases in CA & AZ now :

Coronavirus cases in Arizona, California push US tally to 5

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-arizona-california-us

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Well, this is ramping up rather quickly it seems.
1-25-2020

Deaths: 56
Infected: 2018

1-26-20202

Deaths: 80
Infected: 2794

38% increase infection rate from day to day.

43% increase in death rate from day to day.

With this being China (They Lie), the news reports coming out from family members there on the ground, and the shutting down of cities, to confine 50 MIL people in an attempt to get ahead of this virus, you might as well add a zero (0) to the above numbers to get a more realistic truth of the numbers and speed it is spreading.

1-26-2020

Deaths: 800
Infected: 27,940

Death rate: 800 / 27,940 = 2.9%

With a 14 day incubation period, these USA residents / Chinese students who flew back into the country in a sealed tube (airplane) circulating the air for many hours among hundreds, could be a crisis that could explode any day with those hundreds starting to show symptoms.

Why our government is not rounding these people up, who flew on the planes with the sick, and isolating them for 14 days, should be criminal being they are gambling with our lives by not executing the above safe guard for the country.

Texas A&M and Baylor’s refusal to stop classes for 14 days, to await results, is just plain stupid. They could just simply run classes 2 weeks into the summer to makeup the lost class time.

It doesn't matter now. This virus has been spreading in China since December. There's been infected people travelling way before any of these documented cases did. If its contagios 14 days before symptoms... it's already all over the usa.
A nurse in China claiming the Chinese gvmt. Isn't being honest about the numbers of infect and that 90,000 people have corona virus in the hubai province.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-update-intl-hnk/index.html

Hong Kong (CNN)The death toll from the Wuhan coronavirus now stands at 80, with almost 2,800 cases confirmed across China, as the country initiates emergency procedures to try and rein in the pathogen's global spread.
Making that task more difficult is the fact that the virus can be spread before any symptoms appear, Chinese health authorities said Sunday, meaning carriers may not realize they are infected before they transmit the virus to others.
Across China, 15 cities with a combined population of over 57 million people -- more than the entire population of South Korea -- have been placed under full or partial lockdown.

China warns coronavirus can spread before symptoms show
Wuhan itself has been effectively quarantined, with all routes in and out of the city closed or highly regulated. The government announced it is sending an additional 1,200 health workers -- along with 135 People's Liberation Army medical personnel -- to help the city's stretched hospital staff.

Wuhan Mayor Zhou Xianwang said on Sunday that the number of cases could rise by another thousand.
The disease has also spread widely across China, with almost 70 cases confirmed in the capital Beijing, including a nine-month-old girl -- the youngest known case to be confirmed so far.
China has extended the Lunar New Year holiday to February 2 in an attempt to dissuade people from traveling and spreading the virus further. Almost all mass celebrations for the festival have been canceled, and authorities have urged people to avoid holding traditional large family gatherings.
Shanghai's government said Monday that all businesses in the city should remain shut until February 9. Schools in the city have been suspended until February 17, and quarantine inspections for workers returning to the city have been strengthened.
Only businesses the government deems vital to the operation of China's biggest city -- such as gas stations, pharmacies and supermarkets -- will be allowed to remain open, the municipal government said.

The severity of the emerging crisis is evident in the government's response. The Standing Committee of the Chinese Communist Party -- the country's top political body, headed by President Xi Jinping -- has taken direct control of operations. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrived in Wuhan Monday to tour local hospitals, according to state media.
China's Ministry of Finance and National Health Commission has allotted 60.33 billion yuan (US$8.7 billion) towards fighting the deadly coronavirus this year, the ministry said on Monday.
Meanwhile, Zhou has admitted that the government didn't disclose information on the coronavirus in a "timely fashion."
In a live interview with state-run CCTV, Zhou said he took responsibility for the decision to lock down the city at the center of the outbreak -- a move he called "unprecedented in human history."
He said he knew that people were "not satisfied" with the rate at which his government had released information on the coronavirus.
"If anyone is asked to take the responsibility or people are complaining, as long as the epidemic can be controlled, we are willing to resign to take on the responsibility [of locking down the city]," he said on Monday.

The virus has spread quickly around the world since it was first discovered in Wuhan last month. In a paper published Sunday, scientists at Imperial College London estimated that each person infected has gone on to spread the virus to two or three others.
"This implies that control measures need to block well over 60% of transmission to be effective in controlling the outbreak," they added.
At a press conference on Monday, Professor Gabriel Leung of the University of Hong Kong warned that "self-sustaining epidemics" could be expected in major cities across China, now that the virus has spread there. Major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen, all of which have reported cases, could export infections to different places around the world.

China's unprecedented quarantines could have wider consequences, experts say
"We hope that with intervention in other cities in China, the situation will be more positive," he said. "(However), containment measures may not always be effective, and will certainly be ineffective at some point in the long term."
Outside mainland China, at least 13 other places have reported cases of the virus, including France, Australia, Canada and the United States. Australia reported its fifth confirmed case Monday.
Switzerland's Federal Office for Public Health confirmed on Monday that authorities are testing for several suspected coronavirus cases at one hospital in the country.
In Hong Kong, authorities said residents of Hubei, the province of which Wuhan is the capital, and people who have visited the region in the last 14 days, will not be able to enter the city. The order does not cover Hong Kong residents, though they may be placed under quarantine.
There were protests in the northern Hong Kong town of Fanling -- near the Chinese border -- after it was announced that an unoccupied apartment building there would be converted to a "temporary" quarantine center. Residents set up roadblocks and clashed with police, and on Sunday the authorities said they were abandoning the plan.
Memories of the deadly 2003 SARS outbreak run deep in Hong Kong, and paranoia is already starting to settle in, with a rush purchases of face masks leading to shortages which may not be relieved until February, due to the Lunar New Year holiday and demand from China.
Looks like Australia is taking a different approach.

Worse comes to worst, the military has a contingency plan.

Originally Posted by gunzo

Dos Equis Virus is a real killer.

Know what goes good with the Corona virus?

Lyme disease
Chitcago of course.,

[video:youtube]https://fox61.com/2020/01/30/us-reports-1st-case-of-person-to-person-spread-of-coronavirus/[/video]
Start worrying when they shut down the cell towers in those areas.
Guess we had a warning:

And yet the US has hundreds of flights from China incoming.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...veladvisories/china-travel-advisory.html
Good times in Communist China with the coronavirus:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=DUDN_1580431941
Seriously, other than the strain of this virus being new, it seems that it “kills” at just a little higher than the current flu A&B. If it doesn’t mutate into something worse, the only real worry would be the strain on our healthcare system if we have a large outbreak in the US, overwhelming hospitals, doctors’ offices and walk in clinics.

Those who are at the highest risk (small children, elderly, those with impaired or compromised immune systems) need to be ready to take precautions against it. Those with normal immune systems and without major underlying complications, should prepare similarly to a bad flu outbreak, to keep spreading to a minimum. If it mutates into something else, than all bets are off and we could have anything from a strong viral outbreak similar to a bad flu, to the zombie apocalypse.

Understand, this is not Ebola (with a >50% kill rate). At least not yet.
Almost 10,000 confirmed cases now, and 213 deaths. 6 cases in the US.
Almost 10,000 confirmed cases now, and 213 deaths. 6 cases in the US.

Six cases confirmed. They are looking at hundred of people who have symptoms consistent with the virus. Let's hope it's only those six and they've got it contained, but hundreds of flights are still coming to the US from China. Why aren't they being stopped?
So now,

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/01/31/some-americans-to-leave-china-many-stay-after-us-advisory/
US govt now advises Americans in China to come home now! Yeah.

Now how?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/business/china-flights-suspended.html
11,374 confirmed cases now and 259 deaths. 7 cases confirmed cases in the US.
Have a friend in quarantine in China right now. She said city employees are stopping by everyday and checking on them, taking their temperature. Groceries etc are delivered to their door.

Being asked to stay inside for 2 weeks.

Sounds like most folks are just taking it in stride.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Have a friend in quarantine in China right now. She said city employees are stopping by everyday and checking on them, taking their temperature. Groceries etc are delivered to their door.

Taking it in stride until the day they died. wink
I’m betting they’ll be just fine.

Taking it in stride until the day they died. wink

If it hits Texas it's God's will.

Just remember that.
No, bro. Dont you know? HE said to keep the heathens OUT, or be cursed for it.

It's His will.

Prepare to die.
Originally Posted by ftbt

Maybe ... maybe not:

“Some preliminary research that has been picked up by the Western press, including CNN, claims the virus may have been passed to humans by snakes, with the Chinese krait and the Chinese cobra the primary suspects. The many-banded krait, also known as the Taiwanese krait, and the Chinese krait, is a highly venomous species that dwells across central and southern China, and across Southeast Asia more broadly.

It's also apparently among the species of snakes that are sometimes consumed by humans.

Snakes aren't the only suspects. A team of scientists who recently published a paper in the China Science Bulletin hypothesized that the virus may have been transmitted to humans via bats. After this revelation, the Daily Star, a British tabloid, claimed that the "unknown link" between bats and humans may have been the Chinese delicacy 'bat soup'.

As evidence, the tabloid reported that footage of Wuhan residents eating the strange soup had emerged on social media over the past week. In on clip, a girl can be seen eating a bat with a pair of chopsticks during a dinner with friends.

It's unclear exactly how reliable this is, but it's worth mentioning that a grocery store identified as the source of the virus sold many strange animal products, including snakes and possibly bats.

[Linked Image from zerohedge.com]

It's also possible that the virus may have originated in the bats before being transferred to snakes, and then on to humans. A reading of the protein codes favored by the new coronavirus found that it was similar to viruses found in birds, snakes, marmots, hedgehogs, manis, bats and humans. Snakes often hunt for bats in the wild, and it's possible that a snake sold in the local seafood market in Wuhan had acquired the virus from its prey, before passing it on to a hungry human.

But those aren't the only theories. According to Reuters, Chinese government medical adviser Zhong Nanshan has also identified badgers and rats as possible culprits.”

See:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...spect-new-coronavirus-originated-animals

Since China was not getting American pork did they have to resort to some old family recipes ?? Bats and snakes ?? That will teach them not to buy our pork.

kwg
How many of the Campfire Contingent runs the risk of dealing with a Chinaman?
Originally Posted by deflave

These days, deflave, they prefer to be called Chinese people.

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?
Hey MadMooner,

Since this thread sucks and is completely GD stupid....

Have you seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?

Quite the bar they have set.
No Chinese around me.
Hope to avoid the kung flu.
Hey MadMooner,

Yep! Great ending!
Hey MadMooner,

Yep! Great ending!

Uhhhh....

You mean great movie?
Originally Posted by RUM7
No Chinese around me.

Pffffttt

You live in CA.

We're all praying you die.
Hey MadMooner,

Yep! Great ending!

Yes it was. I was laughing my head off.
No Chinese around me.

Pffffttt

You live in CA.

Well, it will happen eventually.
But I'm wearing my homemade water jug helmet to ward of the kung flu for the time being.
IMPORT, THE THIRD / DEVELOPING WORLD...

...you get a 3rd / developing world.
Hey MadMooner,

Yep! Great ending!

Uhhhh....

You mean great movie?

If the movie was an 8, the ending was a 10. Tarantino does great violence.
No Chinese around me.

Pffffttt

You live in CA.

Well, it will happen eventually.
But I'm wearing my homemade water jug helmet to ward of the kung flu for the time being.

If the movie was an 8, the ending was a 10. Tarantino does great violence.

No.

You've been in [bleep]'ville for too long.

The movie is a 10. Start to finish.

Been working for international companies for past 40+ years. Current employer is actively expanding their business foot print in Far East, including China. Just shut down ALL travel to/from China until further notice.
8th US case confirmed.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/02/01/first-case-of-coronavirus-confirmed-in-massachusetts-dph/

State health officials announced today that a man in his 20s returning to Boston from Wuhan, China, is the first confirmed case of the potentially deadly novel coronavirus in Massachusetts.
China is mad at us for enacting travel bans.

[bleep] China.

It's His will.

Prepare to die.

Done and done, bro.

I aint skeered
So US is taking passenger jets from China into 7 US airports as numbers climb.

https://wgntv.com/2020/02/02/california-couple-makes-11-confirmed-coronavirus-cases-in-us/
So 420 deaths now and 20,000 infected reported on Lou Dobbs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-wuhan-novel-coronavirus-outbreak/
On Tucker, 12 cases in US.

520 dead and 28,000 cases in China? If govt is truthful.
Hard to say if the numbers coming out of China are accurate or not. 12th US case appears to be in Wisconsin.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-wisconsin-case.html

28,078 confirmed cases, mostly in mainland China, 564 deaths.
Thanks.
Thanks.

Another US flight with over 300 coming in from China, Squidge.

One report says 2 week quarantine and another says only some to be.

Have you heard anything re that?,
I'm still figure how serious of a threat the coronavirus is, it could be nothing but the rumors coming out don't sound good at all. It wouldn't surprise if China is downplaying what's going on there.

Here's an update.

12:29 pm: US is accepting four new planes carrying Americans from Wuhan

The U.S. is accepting four new planes carrying Americans being evacuated from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. The Americans will be quarantined at four different military bases across the U.S.: Camp Ashland in Ashland, Nebraska; Travis Air Force Base in California; Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego and Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. “This could be the beginning of what could be a long response,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said on a conference call with reporters
Thanks.
SARS and Bird Flu were supposed to kill us all. Not saying the pandemic de jour won't, but I am skeptical.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

12 states confirmed. But the current map shows 5 states.

Theres supposedly 12 cases as well, but 4 in California, 2 in Chicago..

The math isnt adding up.

What we have here is our wonderful government trying to squelch a panic.

Don't believe this "the flu is a bigger threat" bullschit. Coronavirus has a current 2%+ mortality rate, greatly higher than this years flu which is only .0013. Coronavirus is also spreading at a rapid rate and may vary well infect as many people as the flu has this season so far.

With the high estimate of the flu cases at 25,000,000 this season, if that was cases of coronavirus you'd have 500,000 body bags to fill.

That's not saying if the virus mutates and becomes even deadlier and that is a very possible scenario as well. Even at a 2% rate.. I wouldnt wan to be in a room of 100 people while they chose 2 of you to die. I don't like those odds.

Better buy masks and goggles while you can, they are pretty much selling out everywhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronaviru...nion_only_10_of_chinese_cases_and_25_of/

Perhaps it is because of this professor's calm nature that this might be the scariest information I've seen yet. These are people actually working professionally to determine the spread of the disease and its mortality rates.

Note that he says there are as many as 50,000 people a day contracting the virus at the current time within the borders of China, and that the outbreak is doubling roughly ever five days. He predicts it to peak in Wuhan in a month and in all of China a couple of months after that.

He declines to predict the rest of the world or the ultimate mortality rates, but you can certainly read between the lines.
How many people caught it and just got well?
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Not that many.. reported... the death toll has been higher than the reported recoveries.
China is not forthcoming with that number of "got well" cases.

The professor above said that from onset of symptoms until death appears to be 20+ days, which means that there could be over 30 days from first exposure until death.

We haven't seen the peak of infection yet, nor deaths. It will get worse significantly if there truly is a 2% mortality rate.
There are currently a few over 200 cases diagnosed outside of China. 2 of those have died already. That might be a more accurate picture. However, none of those cases have gone past the "time limit" for death, and it is not being reported that any of them are fully recovered yet either.

Govts, including our own, are basically giving a blackout on coverage. I would prefer that we had round-the-clock updates of each case.
This is a good faq link in simple language:

livescience 2019 nCoV faq
Problem is people are still travelling. Well know in a few weeks if its going to start spreading here bad.
Estimated R-naught number is over 2 but less than 3. That means that the virus will keep spreading through the human population indefinitely unless it somehow lowers.

The only real debate remains how "easily it spreads" from human to human. If it does spread rather easily, then it won't be possible to isolate the outbreak anywhere in the world.

Worst case scenario with current numbers = 150 million dead (if everyone on the planet caught the virus at a 2% mortality rate)
Originally Posted by Musicianized

Not that many.. reported... the death toll has been higher than the reported recoveries.

Yep. I'm thinking the death rate is significantly higher than 2%.
Mortality rate of the SARS Coronavirus was 9.6%.
So, bats are bad? What about pork ? (Forbidden in the bible)
Originally Posted by coach71

Uh, didnt God say to Noah after the flood they could eat anything?
And they became we?
Cruise ship hell.

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story/2020-02-05/coronavirus-cruise-passengers-diamond-princess

2 cruise ships quarantined 2 weeks, unless more passengers become sick. I guess the passengers could end up staying on those boats for months if more folks keep becoming sick.

https://time.com/5778937/coronavirus-cruise-japan-quarantine/
Cruise ship hell.

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story/2020-02-05/coronavirus-cruise-passengers-diamond-princess

2 cruise ships quarantined 2 weeks, unless more passengers become sick. I guess the passengers could end up staying on those boats for months if more folks keep becoming sick.

https://time.com/5778937/coronavirus-cruise-japan-quarantine/

Could you imagine that... I'm glad my idea of a good time consists of immediate family and nature.
It is a poor parasite that kills its host.

Viruses tend to mutate to co habitate with host not the other way.
Originally Posted by coach71
Jewish dietary laws making sense more and more. Eating nasty animals and scavengers is a bad idea. Zoonotic disease is a problem. The 1917 Pandemic is traced back to hogs kept for butchering.
Mortality rate of the SARS Coronavirus was 9.6%.

That would be "better" in that such a high mortality rate causes a virus to be unable to replicate into more people fast enough to stay active. I.e. if the virus kills too many hosts too quickly, then it runs out of hosts before it can continue spreading. That is why SARS didn't run the table but remained localized. Same with something like Ebola.

This 2% R-naught value is about the worst "sweet spot" for a virus. It can spread to more victims before it ruins the host. It is similar to the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918, which really began in 1917 or possibly '16, then built up a head-of-steam and went around the world with the global movement of soldiers returning from war.

With our current globalization and people movement through airports in large cities, there is no real stopping a virus that has the "right numbers" like Wuhan. It is simply a matter of whether people fight this one off or if it is too strong that it kills us.

We can develop a vaccine in a few months that will be effective, but that only contains the virus if it cannot figure out how to mutate faster than we can vaccinate. Some coronaviruses, such as the common cold and influenza, are masters of quick mutation so no one can ever quite get ahead of them with immunity. However, they also have extremely low mortality rates in general. If Wuhan is indeed a "novel" virus, then it means that not a single person in the entire world has any built-in immunity to it. Eventually we will though, if we can survive the initial pandemic.

It would be really nice to know accurate reporting on recovery rates in China. Maybe everyone gets better quick except for the compromised immune systems. But we simply do not know yet, because we need more time to evaluate and because the communists are purposely distorting all information.
According to the NY Times (yeah, I know), China has ordered a roundup of all infected and are holding them in makeshift "containment centers" that sure do sound a lot like death camps. Minimal care and treatment for the afflicted, if any, and minimal food and water.

Not sure how much bullshit and exaggeration is in the Times article.
The cruise ships are very interesting laboratories. The transmission timeline there looks to be much quicker than previously thought from the mainland. Within less than 10 days (the length of the original cruise), one person entered as sick, then spread the virus to at least 20 people, who are capable already of testing positive for the virus. That is very quick! If there is up to a 14-day incubation period, then a whole big bunch of the boat is already infected.

It means that the rates of infection in China are "low" simply because they aren't running tests on people much. If you don't test them, then you never have to say they were infected or not.

Cruise ships in general have very good "hygiene" in that given the cramped environment of mixed people from all around the world, they rarely have outbreaks of any diseases. That is unusual, and means that they do a good job of not spreading viruses easily. 2019 nCov spread like lightning on that ship. Unusual.
Originally Posted by auk1124
According to the NY Times (yeah, I know), China has ordered a roundup of all infected and are holding them in makeshift "containment centers" that sure do sound a lot like death camps. Minimal care and treatment for the afflicted, if any, and minimal food and water.

Not sure how much bullshit and exaggeration is in the Times article.

In China's defense, there really isn't anything that can be done for someone who is sick other than mild paliative care. One's immune system either fights it off or it doesn't. Kind of like catching a common cold--your body either lives or it dies. There is no vaccine, and anti-viral drugs do not seem to be very effective unless given in high-dose "cocktail" forms that are used to fight HIV. Too expensive and not readily available.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea...rs-on-incoming-China-flight-15030487.php
Military bases just approved for Quarantined

https://www.businessinsider.com/pen...an-coronavirus-quarantine-efforts-2020-2
San Antonio quarantine site.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/sneak-peak-of-san-antonios-coronavirus-quarantine-housing
military bases to take in quarantined Americans

The Pentagon identified 11 military installations near major airports that can support those evacuated from China, where the current outbreak originated. Department of Defense personnel won’t be in direct contact with the evacuees and will minimize contact with personnel supporting the evacuees, officials said. The bases are in Hawaii, Illinois, Texas, California, Georgia, New York, Washington state, New Jersey, Michigan and the District of Columbia. — 

Theyre doing it here too.. right now its for evacuees, tomorrow...
The whistleblower doctor who died was 35 years old, the virus took three weeks to kill him after the symtoms appeared.
Why are they bringing quarantined American citizens to the mainland? Why not Guam or better yet Guantanamo? Doesn't make sense to me.
military bases to take in quarantined Americans

The Pentagon identified 11 military installations near major airports that can support those evacuated from China, where the current outbreak originated. Department of Defense personnel won’t be in direct contact with the evacuees and will minimize contact with personnel supporting the evacuees, officials said. The bases are in Hawaii, Illinois, Texas, California, Georgia, New York, Washington state, New Jersey, Michigan and the District of Columbia. — 

Theyre doing it here too.. right now its for evacuees, tomorrow...

Thanks for that. Some big planning going on for the Pentagon to be getting involved. I wonder what they know that we dont.
Originally Posted by Islanderflyer
Why are they bringing quarantined American citizens to the mainland? Why not Guam or better yet Guantanamo? Doesn't make sense to me.

Sounds good to me.
Planning also includes at least one non military location I know of in WA state.
Experts warn of Pandemic

Some of the last words from the hero Dr.

Thanks for that. Some big planning going on for the Pentagon to be getting involved. I wonder what they know that we dont.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/co...ago-predicts-65-million-people-could-die
Originally Posted by Islanderflyer

I'd say locations are dictated by available facilities. I don't see us building a 1,000 bed hospital in 6 days like the Chicoms. We have to adapt facilities we already have available that can accommodate patients and be secured. Military bases are already secure or easily secured..

DF
The whistleblower doctor who died was 35 years old, the virus took three weeks to kill him after the symtoms appeared.

That time gap from initial infection until symptons appear is the problem the British doctor was alluding to in the interview. People can reportedly be infective before they become symptomatic. That window of exposure is a nightmare for public health professionals. They can't know who is or who isn't a carrier based on fever, symptoms, etc. Those indicators are absent, thus no way to accurately screen early on for the infection.

Once someone becomes symptomatic, they've already exposed an unknown number of people they've come into contact with.

I'd say for us, stay away from crowds, especially airports or places where international traffic is heavy. Time generally clears the slate as these things run their course. We just don't know how long it will last, the morbidity or mortality it will inflict or the areas that will become involved.

DF.
There will be a lot more folks getting sick and unfortunately dead.

This will take a toll on everyone everywhere.

Some more than others.

Lots more folks dead than what they are telling in China.
50,000 cases a day? 12 to 18 mo for a vaccine and why, as opposed to BS reports of developing one soon.
See some patient case reports.

Dream World cruise cases jump from 20 to 61.Now, at least another 2 weeks of quarantine.
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-s...ec35f8c-e340-4c25-8838-32293371da8c.html
CDC has offered to send a team to.China to help assess the outbreak for 3 weeks. China refuses. Wonder why?
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6130576707001#sp=show-clips
Starting to get an inkling of how the Indians must have felt.
Dream World cruise cases jump from 20 to 61.

The cruise ships as "laboratories" are the ones to watch given the relatively controlled conditions. And if that is the case, what are watching is a disaster. Highly-transmissiable, both short and long incubation periods present, inability to contain spread in any way, difficult to diagnose and identify.
That's what I'm thinking, DD.
Starting to get an inkling of how the Indians must have felt.

Haha. Well said and true, Birdy.
If you look at the recovered numbers compared to the dead numbers it looks like close to a 30% death rate. The infected vs dead number means nothing at this point as it is taking weeks for people to die. That and the listing of people dead due to pneumonia instead of corona virus is keeping the death toll and rate obscured.
Another issue is how long can China maintain their lock down before their economy collapses ? Many small factories will simply never be able to reopen when they run out of money and customers find different suppliers around the globe. China might have thirty days before the economy completely stalls. China will be in an impossible position and tempted to open the country back up and write off millions of people.
Factories are starting back up on Monday in most every region. Many of them had already planned shutdowns until the 10th because of Chinese New Year. Transportation has already resumed.

Reported numbers are to be questioned. How many people here actually report when they are sick? Same there. If you have symptoms and start getting better (recover) you are not going to a hospital and you will not be recorded as a 'case'. So far, 700 of the 720 deaths are confined to Hubei province. 700 of 50 million. Seems like a pretty good containment at this time.

Not a panic situation, unless they are grossly misstating the numbers.

Do you trust the Chicom government?

What do you believe their vast bureaucracy would put first, their short term economy or the lives of their own people?

Do you trust the Chicom government?

What do you believe their vast bureaucracy would put first, their short term economy or the lives of their own people?

I do a lot of work there and do not trust the government one little bit.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/coron...se-officials-removing-people-from-homes/

France to close schools near ski resort.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/coron...se-officials-removing-people-from-homes/
There are videos now on line, showing Chicom police in full PPE gear, dragging kicking and screaming citizens off to the “camps”. Now if one isn’t infected now, they sure will be there. Wonder how many of those will ever be seen again. They know. Don’t ya reckon that’s why they’re resisting so violently.

Socialism, Marxism.

And Dems want that for us...!!

No thanks.

DF
That civil unrest is one of the things that concerns me. Folks turning in their neighbors for fear that they may be Typhoid Marys. If you have kids and the neighbor is hacking and coughing, you want them gone!
Hitler Youth turned in their parents for a reward.

Fear of the plague is even stronger motivation.

Bad place to be.

Dems trying to turn us into that.

MAGA

DF
There seems to be a "internet uprising" on WEIBO, among others of Chinese citizens demanding freedom of internet communications. Interesting to watch how that will unfold.
Originally Posted by Dutch
There seems to be a "internet uprising" on WEIBO, among others of Chinese citizens demanding freedom of internet communications. Interesting to watch how that will unfold.

They’ll kill a LOT of people before they concede any power or control. People are cheap and expendable.

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

They’ll kill a LOT of people before they concede any power or control. People are cheap and expendable.

DF

It’s believed the CCP murdered over a million after the June 4th Tiananmen Square uprising. The CCP wouldn’t bat an eye while murdering every last person who opposed them. If that was 90% of the Chinese population so be it.
Party is more important than the people.

We don’t need that here.

DF
They know that democracy would never work with 1.6 Billion people. Wish there was a successful model to show them LOL.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

DF

It’s believed the CCP murdered over a million after the June 4th Tiananmen Square uprising. The CCP wouldn’t bat an eye while murdering every last person who opposed them. If that was 90% of the Chinese population so be it.

And the sad part is, it's effective. I sat in a dinner with some folks I do business with, and watch with amazement how his kid argued with him that Tiananmen had never happened, even with his dad telling him his college friend had died there....

Moral of the story is that propaganda is mighty powerful the world over.

DF

And the sad part is, it's effective. I sat in a dinner with some folks I do business with, and watch with amazement how his kid argued with him that Tiananmen had never happened, even with his dad telling him his college friend had died there....

Moral of the story is that propaganda is mighty powerful the world over.

Yep, worked pretty well for Goebbles. Had Hitler Youth turning in their friends and family. Created a scenario that a lot of people bought into. Tell’em often enough until they believe it. Kinda like our MSM, similar tactics. Makes one wonder where they got it.

DF
If this stuff finds its way to the African continent it’s gonna be bad, really bad there. They are totally unprepared.
For sure. Disaster.
There are videos now on line, showing Chicom police in full PPE gear, dragging kicking and screaming citizens off to the “camps”. Now if one isn’t infected now, they sure will be there. Wonder how many of those will ever be seen again. They know. Don’t ya reckon that’s why they’re resisting so violently.

Socialism, Marxism.

And Dems want that for us...!!

No thanks.

DF

They are probably resisting to keep from being buried in mass graves to stop the spread. They dont have enough hospitals for the sick, so the govt is taking care of them in other "ways".,

DF

And that is what the DNC wants for us.

DF

And that is what the DNC wants for us.

Reeducation (isolation) Gulags for the unwashed deplorables... blush

Hmmm...

Cough twice, sneeze once, you're gone. Don't need much of an excuse.

DF
Yep. That's sad.

Looks like the death toll has officially hit 1000.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...-103-new-deaths-more-than-2000-new-cases
43,093 confirmed cases, 1,016 deaths, and one new case confirmed in the US.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/first-coronavirus-case-confirmed-in-san-diego-county/2261207/

Published 46 mins ago • Updated 9 mins ago

A patient is being treated for coronavirus at a San Diego UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, according to a local official. It is the first confirmed case in the county since the deadly outbreak began.

Officials did not release any details about the patient, including how they contracted the virus or if they possibly exposed others.

It is unknown of the county's first coronavirus patient was a part of the 232 Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China last week and brought to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar to complete a 14-day quarantine.
80,000 died from the flu here in 1 year and we didn’t need to build hospitals, but 1,000 dead in china requires hospitals?

1,000 dead is a lie, just like China lied about the number of SARS deaths.

Never let a crisis go to waste…Communist playbook.

Hospitals don’t have bars on the windows. China’s have them.

Genocide of your political enemies and people with low social credit scores, under the guise of a hospital during a pandemic, is the picture you are partly seeing. The truth will eventually come out.

China’s whole economy is on the brink of a total collapse. The CCP will take all actions to remain in power, in order to restrain the people from rising up ex: killing as many millions as necessary.

When their economy collapses, our economy collapses.

This is the endgame result from the communist traitors in this country offshoring our manufacturing base.
I believe that the total dead is a lot higher than they are letting out.

It will be a lot higher in the months to come.
Biblical?
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
80,000 died from the flu here in 1 year and we didn’t need to build hospitals, but 1,000 dead in china requires hospitals?

1,000 dead is a lie, just like China lied about the number of SARS deaths.

Never let a crisis go to waste…Communist playbook.

Hospitals don’t have bars on the windows. China’s have them.

Genocide of your political enemies and people with low social credit scores, under the guise of a hospital during a pandemic, is the picture you are partly seeing. The truth will eventually come out.

China’s whole economy is on the brink of a total collapse. The CCP will take all actions to remain in power, in order to restrain the people from rising up ex: killing as many millions as necessary.

When their economy collapses, our economy collapses.

This is the endgame result from the communist traitors in this country offshoring our manufacturing base.

The Deep State Cabal will do anything it can to take Trumps booming economy down. Scary.
Cruise ship cases double again to 131 in one day. 24 Americans test positive.

https://youtu.be/kYZQ1p3xogc
That would have been a heck of a cruise. Praying for those infected, and for those who don't know Jesus.
Originally Posted by bludog
That would have been a heck of a cruise. Praying for those infected, and for those who don't know Jesus.

Sounds like many are getting to know Him sooner than expected.
WHO says its a "grave threat to the rest of the world" they have a better idea of how bad it actually is after visiting there finally.
13 infected in the USA. None dead.
Killer cells, immunity and Sars Corona

It's a Bio Weapon.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/creator-bioweapons-act-says-coronavirus-biological-warfare-weapon
60,348 confirmed cases, 1,369 deaths. The US now has it's 14th confirmed case.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-case-confirmed-in-us-quarantined-flight-china

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed another case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States on Wednesday, bringing the country's total to 14.

The patient was discovered in San Diego, Calif., at the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. The infected individual had returned to America on a State Department chartered flight on Feb. 7, and is now under federal quarantine, according to a press release.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/coronavirus-cases-leap-stocks-drop-in-response
[video:youtube]https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-02-13-20-intl-hnk/index.html[/video]
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...9-another-hit-different-illness-n1136436
Always good news!
Put it into perspective:

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza
You'll see much worse numbers from coronavirus in a years time.

Unless by some miracle they keep it from spreading here.

If it spreads across the word, which it already has a very good start, it's going to make the flu look like hay fever.
If the death rate percentage is close to accurate, then over 2% die from the complications of the illness.

If the R-naught percentage is accurate, then it spreads at a rate of about 2.5.

Both of those would be similar to the Spanish Flu of 1918. Plus, we have a lot more global connections nowadays. It will be much worse that "standard" influenza.

My kids go to a chinese language immersion school. Their teachers are from China and some went home for the Chinese new year. Plus my wife is a PA. Makes me wonder if it's not a good thing that my new obama insurance won't pay for my Humira. Might be a good time to be off of immunosuppressants.

Bb
SARS, BIRD FLU, ZIKA, IMMIGRANTS, SWINE FLU, HONG KONG FLU, AIDS................
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

My kids go to a chinese language immersion school. Their teachers are from China and some went home for the Chinese new year. Plus my wife is a PA. Makes me wonder if it's not a good thing that my new obama insurance won't pay for my Humira. Might be a good time to be off of immunosuppressants.

Bb

China held back on quarantine long enough for 5 million to hop planes and escape China. Scary.
Dr Amy Compton-Phillips just reported on Fox the cured US case they treated started deteriorating after a week in the hospital and they used an experimental anti-viral from the CDC which turned his health around quickly.

Now, to find out just which antiviral company provided that.

Bad news, and what I was wondering about, is that CDC says this could continue through the end of the year.

Bb

China held back on quarantine long enough for 5 million to hop planes and escape China. Scary.

I have a years food storage and a little savings left so I may just have to quarantine my family if it gets bad around here.

Bb
https://youtu.be/eYYV1B1lRKY
Looks like the crud is getting going in S Korea. If it gets going in North Korea and Africa theres going to be a lot of dead people.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/21/8080...na-prisons-as-cases-spike-in-south-korea
These graphs look a bit disconcerting to me.

https://www.statista.com/chart/20634/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-timeline/

Bb

I have a years food storage and a little savings left so I may just have to quarantine my family if it gets bad around here.

Bb
If it gets bad enough for you to shelter-in-place then you've probably already contracted it anyway. Best to stop going to McDonald's now. Y'all have McDonald's up there?
Mornin people's, I haven't read the whole thread, so this may have been gone over! Anyone think that maybe said gov was playing with germ war fair ideas & opened the lid to see what it looked like.......... or needed some reall world numbers to work with??????? Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦
This article offers a great example of a "super spreader" who will probably single-handedly be responsible for causing the virus to become an epidemic in South Korea.
S.Korea COVID-19 spread

Just a sweet little 61-year old lady, patient #31, who just so happened to have returned from a Wuhan visit with no symptoms, who said no way to self-quarantine and instead chose to go to church multiple times and have extensive contact with hundreds of people, and who just so happened to visit the local hospital too a few times so she could be kind to people there, and....WHAM....

1160 known contacts
the church is now the epicenter of the main S.Korean outbreak
the hospital is the second epicenter of the S.Korean outbreak
and its now considered uncontainable in S.Korea

Bless Her Heart!

Bb

hate to say it but that scenario is a bit scary
60,348 confirmed cases, 1,369 deaths. The US now has it's 14th confirmed case.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-case-confirmed-in-us-quarantined-flight-china

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed another case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States on Wednesday, bringing the country's total to 14.

The patient was discovered in San Diego, Calif., at the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. The infected individual had returned to America on a State Department chartered flight on Feb. 7, and is now under federal quarantine, according to a press release.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/coronavirus-cases-leap-stocks-drop-in-response

i wonder when the world economy is gonna start getting re-arranged. China is big
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Anyone think that maybe said gov was playing with germ war fair ideas & opened the lid to see what it looked like.......... or needed some reall world numbers to work with??????? Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦

It could be a bio-weapon, but it probably was an accident of poor laboratory hygiene if so. They have had four known hygiene mistakes with the SARS virus from that lab over the past 10 years.

But really, bats and people are all you really need. And there's already another 400 named viruses ready to jump species, some of which already have crossed into humans on a small scale in rural areas of China.
Bat coronoviruses jumping to humans
Looks like cases are surging in S Korea and several cases are in Italy also. WHO working together Africa prepared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51603251
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Anyone think that maybe said gov was playing with germ war fair ideas & opened the lid to see what it looked like.......... or needed some reall world numbers to work with??????? Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦

It could be a bio-weapon, but it probably was an accident of poor laboratory hygiene if so. They have had four known hygiene mistakes with the SARS virus from that lab over the past 10 years.

But really, bats and people are all you really need. And there's already another 400 named viruses ready to jump species, some of which already have crossed into humans on a small scale in rural areas of China.
Bat coronoviruses jumping to humans

https://www.insideover.com/society/...coronavirus-came-from-bioweapon-lab.html
Its just the flu nothing to worry about.

It won't spread in the USA because our medical system is more advanced than other countries..

The flu is much much worse..

It just kills old people..

Excuse me while I spray some lysol on all the stupid [bleep] I've seen people say.

It doesn't matter if it jumped from bats or if it is indeed a manufactured virus. It's serious [bleep] and you better plan on either getting sick or preparing now. It's going to spread here and probably already is.
For sure.
It won't spread in the USA because our medical system is more advanced than other countries..

It's going to spread here and probably already is.

[shaking head....what?]
Looks like cases are surging in S Korea and several cases are in Italy also. WHO working together Africa prepared.

It will spread like wildfire in S. Korea, because the majority of S. Korea has third world plumbing (squat toilets, no running water or soap for hygiene)...just like China.
I expect you are right.
43 cases in Iran now.
43 cases in Iran now.

Squidge, do you know if Bill and Melinda own part of INova Pharmaceutical or its owner, that provided the experimental drug used to treat the case here in the US that turned bad after a week of seeming to be stable, as I have heard?
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

It will spread like wildfire in S. Korea, because the majority of S. Korea has third world plumbing (squat toilets, no running water or soap for hygiene)...just like China.

Spread like a roaming bat in the night /I\(;,,;)/I\
So, northern Italy under quarantine, every city in Iran probably infected already, and South Korea spreading like cultic wildfire, all by their own admissions.

North Korea probably dying by the thousands but no reporting allowed.

A cruise ship where at least 1 in 5 people became infected.

Not looking so good for containing this pandemic.
Its odd they arent classifying this as a pandemic. Its already bigger than swine flu and sars..
Italy, 3 cases 10 days ago. Now 52.
Iran has 61 cases now, including 12 deaths.
Iran has 61 cases now, including 12 deaths.

Thats a scary mortality rate right there
So in 2-3 days S Koreas cases rise from what, 11, to 1145? Ten times as many in 2-3 days?

https://www.kctv5.com/news/us_world...531513d-fce6-5805-b393-1f027b2bcf18.html

POTUS Donald Trump, the Trumpster, Mr President is having a news conference at 6PM to discuss Corona.
43 cases in Iran now.

It seems the virus ain't all that bad after all..........
So in 2-3 days S Koreas cases rise from what, 11, to 1145? Ten times as many in 2-3 days?

https://www.kctv5.com/news/us_world...531513d-fce6-5805-b393-1f027b2bcf18.html

1145 divided by 11 is more like 104 times as many... speaks to looking for it more thoroughly rather than speed of real growth.
Thanks. You're right.

In Iran 19 of 139 sickened are dead. Sounds like someone's lying about the death rate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...onavirus-higher-other-countries-n1142646
Bad news for Brazil.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/bra...t-coronavirus-case-in-latin-america.html
Iraq gets locked down. If this is a false flag event the deep state is pulling out all the stops.

It seems to me, if anything, govts have been down playing this Corona story.

https://gulfnews.com/world/mena/ira...rs-of-coronavirus-spread-1.1582708297389
Thanks. You're right.

In Iran 19 of 139 sickened are dead. Sounds like someone's lying about the death rate.

That is 3.5% SO FAR. And that is very ominous for a lot of reasons.
d_mn commies gonna kill off the whole world
The death percentage for that cruise ship should be a better indicator for a 1st world nation. Better than Iran, I would think. It'll also be interesting to see what the percentage is for a non-asian, well-developed country turns out to be.
Originally Posted by JPro
The death percentage for that cruise ship should be a better indicator for a 1st world nation. Better than Iran, I would think. It'll also be interesting to see what the percentage is for a non-asian, well-developed country turns out to be.

True enough, but if it is a blue-hair singles cruise it could go way high...
NASSAU COUNTY, Long Island (WABC) -- Officials in Nassau County announced Wednesday they are monitoring 83 people who may have had potential exposure to the coronavirus, and test results for one resident are pending.

The 83 residents have been asked to undergo voluntary isolation, removing themselves from people, including their family members, for 14 days from the last time they were in mainland China or may have been exposed to the virus. They are required to report their temperature and any symptoms every day to Nassau County health officials.

"Should someone need medical care, we'll evaluate it and we have protocols in place to safely get them medical care," Nassau County Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Lawrence Eisenstein said during a press conference Wednesday.

RELATED - Coronavirus: CDC warns Americans to prepare for 'significant disruption'

Dr. Eisenstein said up to this point, the majority of people who have been asked to undergo voluntary isolation have been cooperative. He said if someone is not cooperative, officials have a plan in place, but they have not had to employ it.

He said since the outbreak of the coronavirus, 175 people in Nassau County have undergone voluntary isolation.

RELATED: How to prepare for coronavirus

The Centers for Disease Control contacts the Nassau County Health Department as soon as someone flies in from having spent some time in mainland China. The health department has 24 hours to contact the resident and interview him or her to determine if he or she needs to undergo a mandatory quarantine or voluntary isolation.

"This process has worked very well," Dr. Eisenstein said.

Dr. Eisenstein said one resident was in mandatory quarantine at the beginning of the outbreak, but the criteria for quarantine has changed since then. The person did not have the coronavirus.

RELATED: If Tokyo Olympics were tomorrow, games wouldn't be held because of coronavirus, expert says

Dr. Eisenstein said five residents have been tested for the coronavirus. The results were negative. He said results for the one test still pending should be received Wednesday or Thursday.

Nassau County Executive Laura Curran reassured residents county health officials are prepared for any potential outbreak of the coronavirus.

"The health department prepares for this sort of thing all year round," Curran said. "We're monitoring this situation in Nassau very, very closely and have been right from the beginning to respond to any cases should they emerge in our county."

Curran said Nassau County's Office of Emergency Management has reached out to the state to coordinate supplies and resources if needed.

Health officials also reminded residents right now they are at greater risk for the flu than coronavirus and should practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing
Mexico stops cruise ship from deboarding.

MEXICO CITY — A passenger cruise ship is headed for Mexico's port city of Cozumel after Jamaican and Grand Cayman authorities barred its passengers from disembarking due to fears of the fast-spreading coronavirus, ship operator MSC Cruises said on Wednesday.2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Thanks. You're right.

That is 3.5% SO FAR. And that is very ominous for a lot of reasons.

It might be that only serious cases are getting tested for Covid-19, if so the sampling method would skew the mortality rate.
19 dead out of 139 sickened. If half of those sickened have been I'll less than a week, a pile more of them are going to die of that 139.

If 19 died of about half their confirmed cases.... shocked

Dirt farmer, do you remember medical statistics? whistle
Iran's health minister gets a bad case of the "flu" during news conference.

That health minister tested positive for COVID19 within a few hours of airing that propaganda show. He then tweeted within a few hours of that that he did not expect to live much longer on this earth.
That health minister tested positive for COVID19 within a few hours of airing that propaganda show. He then tweeted within a few hours of that that he did not expect to live much longer on this earth.

BS. He doesnt know crap. Hes only the health minister. It's just the flewww. wink
From my understanding the Corona virus and lymes disease go hand in hand.
Newest case, a rural man in Northern California who never leaves the house, and with no known contacts that have tested positive, with any symptoms or has done any recent travel...

Which brings up people lying. No one is really going to know who has been where or in contact with whom.

Phil
Scary.
Ain’t working very well
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Newest case, a rural man in Northern California who never leaves the house, and with no known contacts that have tested positive, with any symptoms or has done any recent travel...

Which brings up people lying. No one is really going to know who has been where or in contact with whom.

Phil

What it means is that the virus is circulating among Californians in daily life. The state has asked over 8500 people WHO TRAVELED TO CHINA AND RECENTLY RETURNED to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Does anyone think that all of them voluntarily did the right thing and avoided all contact with all people??? It's out there.
I said from the beginning.. as soon as a few wakadoodle liberals catch it they'll be spreading it on purpose. Especially now that they are using it as a way to slam Trump.

X10

Phil

What it means is that the virus is circulating among Californians in daily life. The state has asked over 8500 people WHO TRAVELED TO CHINA AND RECENTLY RETURNED to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Does anyone think that all of them voluntarily did the right thing and avoided all contact with all people??? It's out there.

Yep. I wonder how many this person infected who was I'll 5 days before being tested.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/health/us-cases-coronavirus-community-transmission/index.html
The kids will be out of school for almost a month in Japan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...arch-idUSKCN20L161?utm_source=reddit.com

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Thursday that the government would ask all elementary, junior high and high schools to close from March 2 until spring break, typically around the end of March.

He was speaking at a meeting of the government’s task force to contain the spread of the new coronavirus.
If'n I was still in elementary/high school, that sounds like the best news all year!
Anyone seen Xi lately?
Sweden, Belarus and Nigeria added to list of countries with cases.

S Korea had 1000 cases 2 days ago. In 1.7 days it added over 1000 more. It crossed 2000 cases 9 hours ago.
Sweden, Belarus and Nigeria added to list of countries with cases.

S Korea had 1000 cases 2 days ago. In 1.7 days it added over 1000 more. It crossed 2000 cases 9 hours ago.

Nigeria.....unless blacks have a higher level of immunity, that’s going to be an awfully hard one to get ahold of. Now that we see stats from more “open” countries like Korea, it makes you wonder what reality is in China.
Oregon's first case, unknown origin and working at an elementary school.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireS...case-elementary-school-employee-69298619

SALEM, Ore. -- Oregon's first coronavirus case emerged on Friday, and the infected person worked at an elementary school in the Portland area, which will be temporarily closed, authorities said.

“The case was not a person under monitoring or a person under investigation. The individual had neither a history of travel to a country where the virus was circulating, nor is believed to have had a close contact with another confirmed case — the two most common sources of exposure," the Oregon Health Authority said in a statement.
Getting interesting, Squidge.
Originally Posted by johnn
From my understanding the Corona virus and lymes disease go hand in hand.

lol , took me about 6 seconds....
Its just the flu nothing to worry about.

The flu is much much worse..

It just kills old people..

Excuse me while I spray some lysol on all the stupid [bleep] I've seen people say.

It doesn't matter if it jumped from bats or if it is indeed a manufactured virus. It's serious [bleep] and you better plan on either getting sick or preparing now. It's going to spread here and probably already is.
How many people here in the USA have died from it?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
Quick general question...From what little I've always understood about Virus' in general, they don't respond to Antibiotics. Yet there is a big worry here that we'll run out of antibiotics because like 80% of them come from China. If a patient develops Pneumonia due to Coronavirus, wouldn't it be the Viral type unresponsive to Antibiotics?
It's probably on the money.
You mean my assessment?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
You mean my assessment?

LOL
It's here, it's been here, there's probably at least tens of thousands in the country with it.

How often do y'all see a doctor when you're sick? I generally don't. And on the occasions you do go, how often do they actually run labs or tests? Never for me. Usually just take this, get some rest.

People who never showed symptoms have tested positive. How many more have/had it without any, or just very mild symptoms?

I bet time will show the perception was far worse than the reality.

Almost a month old, but the message is still spot on (start at 36 seconds)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWY0oZV51VY&feature=youtu.be

Your point is well taken. JoeBob said the same thing the other day or nearly so. The Flu has been especially bad this year. When we go to the Doc for something, we're asked if we want tested and the answer is always "no" because they're gonna charge you for labs and you're gonna get the same meds and advice anyway and likely be either over it or dead by the time the results come back. I expect there are those that always get tested because they're flush with cash and others whose insurance covers it, but I'd guess that there are a lot like us, and still others who just tough out any given illness without going to the doc at all. So although I lean towards "it hasn't arrived in great numbers yet", I think there's still a pretty good possibility you're right.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/first-...been-confirmed-in-washington-2020-02-29/

The first coronavirus death has been reported in the United States. Washington State Department of Health confirmed the news on Saturday, saying an individual from Kings County in Washington died from COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus.

In a statement, Washington Governor Jay Inslee said on Saturday that "our hearts go out to their family and friends."
it's gonna be day by day guys
Originally Posted by sse
it's gonna be day by day guys

Very true, I suspect that the number of confirmed cases in the US will jump dramatically once testing for the virus finally gets off the ground.

Phil

The ex came back from China on 2/3. She hadn't traveled to Hubei, nor had any contact with anyone that had been there (to her knowledge). She did the 2 week self-quarantine. But.... There was the entire airplane full of folks that came in with her from Inchon, as well as customs staff here and in China and Korea, as well as car rental staff. She saw the boys once during the quarantine, and stayed at least 5 yards away from everyone once she'd arrived at her quarantine location. So even while religiously doing the right thing, there were dozens to hundreds of people she may have been in contact with from start of transit to end of quarantine.
Exactly, quarantine doesn't actually work because it's virtually impossible to do an actual "pure" lockdown. It's mostly for a govt to say that they did something, flex their supposed muscle, and gain more funding somehow.
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
It's here, it's been here, there's probably at least tens of thousands in the country with it.

How often do y'all see a doctor when you're sick? I generally don't. And on the occasions you do go, how often do they actually run labs or tests? Never for me. Usually just take this, get some rest.

People who never showed symptoms have tested positive. How many more have/had it without any, or just very mild symptoms?

I agree with you on this, though I still think that we do not know how "bad" it will be in this country, but I wouldn't want to be over 80 years right now.
Exactly, quarantine doesn't actually work because it's virtually impossible to do an actual "pure" lockdown. It's mostly for a govt to say that they did something, flex their supposed muscle, and gain more funding somehow.

Probably

And now they find quarantine may need to be 24 days.
gonna be interesting to see what changes in our daily lives are on the way. Three days ago the lady from the CDC forecast several fairly drastic things. trump looked pretty somber again today for his conference
2 new cases in US.

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/2-new-coronavirus-cases-appear-in-united-states-overnight/
Two new cases in Washington state today.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/two-more-coronavirus-cases-confirmed-sunday-king-county-total-to-six

There are two new confirmed cases of coronavirus in King County, public health officials announced Sunday. These cases bring the county total to six.

The new cases include a man in his 60s, who was hospitalized at Valley Medical Center in Renton. The man is in critical but stable condition and has underlying health conditions.

The other case is another man in his 60s, who is being hospitalized at the Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle. He has underlying health issues and is in critical condition.
i wonder what is meant by underlying health issues
https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...ditions-heart-disease-cancer-2020-2?op=1

Nearly 5,300 patients in the Chinese study reported a health condition not related to the virus, such as cancer, heart disease, or diabetes. Around 7% of those cases — more than 370 patients — died. Overall, patients with preexisting conditions represented more than a third of all deaths reported in the study. The fatality rate for patients who reported no underlying health problem was less than 1%.

Among coronavirus patients, the preexisting condition that raises risk most appears to be heart disease. Patients already diagnosed with heart disease had a fatality rate of more than 10%. Diabetes was the preexisting condition with the second-highest fatality rate: 7%.

Patients with the most commonly reported preexisting condition, hypertension (high blood pressure), had a fatality rate of 6%. Coronavirus patients with cancer had a similar fatality rate.

Age is also factor with those of over 60 having a much higher mortality rate.

Whew! Only 59!
got some cold/flu preparation, so i can die in relative comfort
Some good news is that of the 15 or so brought here from the Diamond Princess none have died- yet.
No 2 dies in Washington.

NY State reports its first case

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/de...ington-state/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/
Scroll under Fox says they expect 10 in King Co, Wa have it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...be-infected-washington-state/4923129002/

Lots of good your average link does...
Its odd they arent classifying this as a pandemic. Its already bigger than swine flu and sars..

Is drunk driving a pandemic? According to the CDC, in the USA there are 29 deaths per day that are DUI related....
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Is drunk driving a pandemic? According to the CDC, in the USA there are 29 deaths per day that are DUI related....

Priorities man, priorities!
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Yes. The perpetrators toward others should be charged with murder. If it is self-injury, then that is their choice to make about their own life.
I think I just heard radio news say Chase has told thousands of workers to start working from home.
At this point I believe 9 deaths in WA
Originally Posted by Joezone
At this point I believe 9 deaths in WA

Correct. Current confirmed cases in the US is now 122 people.
Jag, what do you make of this? Could this reduce the mortality rate for those with underlying health conditions?

https://academic.oup.com/jac/article/52/6/1049/731701

and as soon as all the transients and "homeless" start coming down with it..

same in Potlandia, San Fran etc....

and the drug users within their numbers... that will be the biggest spreader of it..

as they go into Walmarts, Grocery Stores etc, to steal food and clothes...

stopped and used the bathroom at a Pilot Truck Stop today... some transient was busy "taking a bath" in the next stall using the toilet for water to wash up.....

those types are the biggest crowd who will spread it to the rest of the population.
Jag, what do you make of this? Could this reduce the mortality rate for those with underlying health conditions?

Well, I'm sorry, Squidge, but I just dont know. I dont think it would hurt, though.

I hope Oregano capsules and Elderberry, proven to stop replication of flu virus, helps and I know some smart folks who think it will do the job, so I take that.

Thanks for that link.

Well, I'm sorry, Squidge, but I just dont know. I dont think it would hurt, though.

I hope Oregano capsules and Elderberry, proven to stop replication of flu virus, helps and I know some smart folks who think it will do the job, so I take that.
Originally Posted by Steve

Whew! Only 59!

Lucky sucker. wink

Now another case of community acquired?

https://www.kcra.com/article/health-officials-1st-coronavirus-case-contra-costa-county/31216682#
It looks like Italy is getting a taste.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...s-slow-live-updates-200303003539680.html
All 5 Wa state nursing home pts with Corona are dead and now WHO says death rate is 3.4%.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/03/first...linked-to-washington-state-nursing-home/

Thanks for that link.

Elderberries are high in vitamin C, I'm sure Linus Pauling would approve. My understanding is that vitamin C supplements work best when they are taken before you catch virus and are much less effective if started afterwards. My thoughts are that if those with underlying health conditions started a vitamin C/elderberry regime before they caught the virus, then we might see a significant drop in the serious to critical cases and fewer deaths. As you said, "I dont think it would hurt".

I do know the Chinese are looking to see if high doses of vitamin C can cure Covid-19.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-racing-Vitamin-C-beat-coronavirus.html
I think you are right.
Anybody worried about all of this needs to watch "Containment". It's a series on Netflix and maybe others.
Covid-19 won't be contained, the best we can hope for at this point is to slow down the spread so our medical system doesn't become overwhelmed, we need do what we can to mitigate the number of serious and critical cases.
Originally Posted by Seafire

and as soon as all the transients and "homeless" start coming down with it..

same in Potlandia, San Fran etc....

and the drug users within their numbers... that will be the biggest spreader of it..

as they go into Walmarts, Grocery Stores etc, to steal food and clothes...

stopped and used the bathroom at a Pilot Truck Stop today... some transient was busy "taking a bath" in the next stall using the toilet for water to wash up.....

those types are the biggest crowd who will spread it to the rest of the population.

That's a bizarre prediction. More likely the coming spring break for college students will have a far bigger impact on spreading it. Think about it.
Now 11 Fox News says .Gov confirms.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/04/texas-coronavirus-case-confirmed-fort-bend-county/
Gonna go out on a limb and say there are hundreds of thousands of people in the US who have been exposed to the virus.Tens of thousands who have or will have it.

If anyone thinks this hasn't been here since way before the Chinese started reporting it, have not been paying attention.
The virus has been here for months. How many people around the world visited China before they reported the virus and quarantined the place and other countries started to restrict travel. They knew about the virus way before December, but a communist country isn't going to cut it's own throat and tell the ENTIRE world with whom they do trillions of dollars in business that China is closed. Think people.

Think I'll go fishing and worry not a lick about it till thousands of normally healthy non immune compromised people die. 7 elderly people in a nursing home in not my idea of a pandemic.

just my uneducated opinion. (emphasis on the uneducated part before someone else says it)

Clyde
I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but there's been people here that have missed work and school with "the mystery virus" (their words, not mine), as well as the respiratory "crud-cough" that they took 5-10 days to get over. This has all been in the last month. Might very well be other bugs they caught, but I doubt anybody was tested for C-19. Don't recall anybody local complaining with scary high fever though, so there's that.
Originally Posted by JPro
I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but there's been people here that have missed work and school with "the mystery virus" (their words, not mine), as well as the respiratory "crud-cough" that they took 5-10 days to get over. This has all been in the last month. Might very well be other bugs they caught, but I doubt anybody was tested for C-19. Don't recall anybody local complaining with scary high fever though, so there's that.

I had the flu, started the day after Christmas. Bad cough and just generally felt like [bleep] into early January.
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/05/8121...rosoft-urge-seattle-workers-to-stay-home

Here are the latest business impacts:

Adobe canceled its annual summit in Las Vegas, saying it would become an "online-only" experience.

Amazon is restricting all nonessential employee travel, including within the U.S. Employees may work from home if they choose. It is encouraging Seattle employees to work from home. A worker at the company's Seattle headquarters and two employees in Milan have contracted the virus.

Apple has restricted employee travel to China, Italy and South Korea, according to Bloomberg News.

Facebook called off its biggest event of the year, its F8 developers conference set for May. It said it would instead offer "locally hosted events, videos and livestreamed content." It also canceled its Global Marketing Summit in San Francisco. It is recommending Seattle employees work from home after a contractor in a Seattle office was diagnosed with the virus.

Google called off its flagship developers conference, I/O, which was scheduled for May. It also scrapped its Global News Initiative summit and said it would turn its Cloud Next conference into a digital event. It has halted all international travel. An employee in its Zurich office has tested positive for the virus. It is also encouraging workers in Washington state to work from home.

IBM said its Think 2020 conference, scheduled for San Francisco in May, would be held as a "global, digital-first event." It suspended domestic travel for internal meetings and participation in events with more than 1,000 attendees. It is also restricting international travel to "business-critical situations when virtual methods are insufficient."

The International Monetary Fund and World Bank said their spring meetings would be held virtually instead of in person in Washington.

JPMorgan Chase has curbed nonessential employee travel, according to Bloomberg News.

Microsoft canceled its MVP Summit in suburban Seattle and said it would turn the networking event into an online-only gathering. It is recommending that employees in Seattle work from home and advising all workers to avoid nonessential travel to regions affected by the virus.

REI, the outdoor equipment retailers, closed three campuses in the Seattle area for cleaning after employees reported possible exposure to coronavirus, local media reported.

Salesforce prohibited international travel and restricted "all but the most critical" domestic travel and is making customer events digital instead of in person.

Shoptalk, a major retail conference, has been rescheduled to September in Las Vegas. The event, which draws thousands of attendees each year, had been set to kick off on March 22. Organizers said the change was due to corporate travel restrictions as well as public health advice.

Square, the San Francisco-based payments company, is "strongly" encouraging employees to work from home. It also halted nonessential business travel in the U.S. and internationally, and it is "discouraging in-person attendance at internal and external conferences and business events," according to a spokesman.

Twitter is encouraging all employees to work from home if they are able. Workers in Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea are required to work from home. It also suspended "all non-critical business travel and events."

The Washington Post canceled nonessential business travel through the end of March.
[Linked Image]

Sure seems to be spread here pretty bad considering we sit and $hit in the good ole USA

Attached picture 1542073843948.jpg

Fort Bend County has a HUGE Asian population. Not surprised at all.
https://www.businessinsider.com/ira...er-circle-first-death-coronavirus-2020-3

This makes 2 deaths of top Iranian officals, one a close advisor to the A K.

There is a case of it in the Vatican and Ma.
Looks like its game on. 5 cases in Houston. Some went on Egypt tour. Looks like they got gypt.
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...ris-county-houston-outbreak-15108596.php

22 cases in NY. Hundreds in quarantine.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/cor...e-nj-case-as-state-awaits-tests/2313298/

Did anyone hear about the concession stand worker with it who dealt with hundreds of people?
Looks like it has mutated and type L is more dangerous. I dont know which type a health expert said is 14 times more fatal than the flu.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...dly-strain-busting-the-coronavirus-myths
Just 66 days ago.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/pol...p;utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Published: 2:35pm, 31 Dec, 2019

Hong Kong health authorities are taking no chances with a mysterious outbreak of viral pneumonia in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, warning of symptoms similar to Sars and bird flu as they step up border screening and put hospitals on alert.

“The situation in Wuhan is unusual, and we are not sure about the reasons behind the outbreak yet,” said Secretary for Food and Health Sophia Chan Siu-chee said after an urgent night-time meeting with officials and experts on New Year’s Eve. “Since we are now in the holiday season, and Hong Kong has close transport ties with Wuhan, we must stay alert.”

With Wuhan reporting 27 infections so far, Chan said the Department of Health would increase vigilance and temperature screenings at every border checkpoint, including the city’s international airport and high-speed railway station in West Kowloon.
The truth is in the numbers. The quarantine did work.

Over 50 million people in the epicenter Wuhan (Hubei) area and about 70,000 confirmed cases in that entire province. 40,000 recovered. 2900 dead.

Guangdong region - Population 113 million - 1351 confirmed cases - 1181 recovered - 7 dead

Henan region - Population - 94 million - 1272 confirmed cases - 1239 recovered - 22 dead

Zhejiang region - Population 57 million - 1215 confirmed cases - 1124 recovered - 1 dead

327 million people in the entire US.

Extrapolate among yourselves.

I think that we have to look at Hubei as the exception rather than the rule. We should not dismiss their numbers but the other regions that practiced quarantines are probably more representative of the most likely potential effect.

Also keep in mind that each of those regions had several hundred confirmed cases BEFORE they were quarantined.

Each of those areas have also since relaxed or eliminated their quarantines and my folks in those areas are back to work. The factories that we support are running at 50-70% now.

327 million people in the entire US. Most all have modern plumbing and have been alerted to be careful.

Extrapolate among yourselves.
This is what they feared SAR's would look like, I think this one is just getting started and there is not much we can do about it.
it's not the end of the world, won't cause widespread loss of life in the US, but is contagious as h_ll with a much higher mortality rate than the flu, so a segment of our population will have shortened lives, most unfortunate
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
This is what they feared SAR's would look like, I think this one is just getting started and there is not much we can do about it.

Well, we can post links to every new story, and keep the run on TP going strong.
i'd actually like to buy some hand sanitizer somewhere, not available
Originally Posted by sse
i'd actually like to buy some hand sanitizer somewhere, not available

2 parts rubbing alcohol, 1 part aloe gel........
CDC is saying that old fashioned soap is better than hand sanitizer.

Originally Posted by smokepole
CDC is saying that old fashioned soap is better than hand sanitizer.

Always has been...
The US is probably the best equipped country in the world to contain and treat this, plus with the heightened awareness of the spread of contagion, might end up doing the country some good
Originally Posted by sse
The US is probably the best equipped country in the world to contain and treat this, plus with the heightened awareness of the spread of contagion, might end up doing the country some good

No, not really. The US is fair to middling in health education and access to health facilities. The US is exceptional at bringing enormous resources to bear on very few medical cases, but not good at dealing with large numbers needing treatment.

One big advantage is that people are more spread out than many other countries.
ok one of the best, but i'd like to know who's better

or, to put it differently which country would you rather be in...LOL
Maybe China?

I hear they got their stuff together.....
If the only criterion is dealing with the corona virus, several of the Western European countries have pretty slick and efficient public health systems.

I’m staying right here, and deal with what comes. U.W. Just cancelled all “live” classes until the end of the semester. It’s about to get real.
Locally as Virginia Tech and Radford University students head out for spring break students were informed that should they leave the US they would not be admitted back into class upon return.
Not real sure how admins would know or b able to enforce though.
not convinced my original statement was wrong
Originally Posted by sse

I agree
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Maybe China?

ok, but i just checked, might be hard to find a flight, this from justflydotcom...bummer

Errors Found
We are sorry, but no fares were found
Originally Posted by sse

I agree

Me too.
Originally Posted by sse
Maybe China?

ok, but i just checked, might be hard to find a flight, this from justflydotcom...bummer

Errors Found

You can always take a cruise ship laugh
I am pretty sure that some neighbors are on that boat in San Fran.
honestly, especially since legionaires, have never had the desire to go on a cruise
I am pretty sure that some neighbors are on that boat in San Fran.

I wonder if they charged extra for the quarantine, 2 weeks of room service probably isn't cheap.
Italy quarantines 1/4 population.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiakoerner/italy-quarantine-coronavirus

Both France and Germany now have more than 1000 confirmed cases each.
As a percentage of the population, Italy and S. Korea have more than twice as many cases as China. The US has forty times less cases than China (again, as a % of the population).

Because of all the tourism related travel to Northern Italy, Northern Europe is now running at infection rates of about 1/3rd of China, and ramping up fast...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
71 days ago Wuhan was was reporting 27 infections so far.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/pol...p;utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Published: 2:35pm, 31 Dec, 2019

Hong Kong health authorities are taking no chances with a mysterious outbreak of viral pneumonia in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, warning of symptoms similar to Sars and bird flu as they step up border screening and put hospitals on alert.

“The situation in Wuhan is unusual, and we are not sure about the reasons behind the outbreak yet,” said Secretary for Food and Health Sophia Chan Siu-chee said after an urgent night-time meeting with officials and experts on New Year’s Eve. “Since we are now in the holiday season, and Hong Kong has close transport ties with Wuhan, we must stay alert.”

With Wuhan reporting 27 infections so far, Chan said the Department of Health would increase vigilance and temperature screenings at every border checkpoint, including the city’s international airport and high-speed railway station in West Kowloon.
Schietts getting real, guys. Italy hospitals are straining to keep up with jumping numbers of Corona cases.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...spitals-as-italys-coronavirus-toll-grows

Spain getting sick fast.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/spain...8-as-daily-life-in-europe-grinds-to-halt
Both Beretta and Perazzi are made there in Bresscia... i wonder how many old masters in the gun world will be lost...
Our health care system will get stressed too, it's just a matter of time.

https://medium.com/@joschabach/flattening-the-curve-is-a-deadly-delusion-eea324fe9727
Our health care system will get stressed too, it's just a matter of time.

https://medium.com/@joschabach/flattening-the-curve-is-a-deadly-delusion-eea324fe9727

See; we do need socialized medicine.
© 24hourcampfire