Home
Posted By: persiandog how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Posted By: slumlord Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
I got pulled over for “getting into the turn lane too early” as I approached a red light. I was pulling a trailer and was making a land grab to keep any twits from cockblocking me; because most of the other drivers do the same thing.

Popo told me there was a break in the white line (about 100 ft) before the intersection. Sure enough it was.

Again, I was pulling a construction trailer so prius people like to be dicks.

I honestly think he was just wanting to see if a cloud of dope smoke rolled out of my windows when I let my 5% illegal tint down.

He let me go, and I didn’t even have to get all antelope sniper sovereign citizen on him.
Use the Alabama method- - - - -the truck with the biggest tires and tallest lift kit always has the right of way. Extra points for chrome nudie mud flaps!
Jerry
Posted By: persiandog Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Use the Alabama method- - - - -the truck with the biggest tires and tallest lift kit always has the right of way. Extra points for chrome nudie mud flaps!
Jerry

The problem is the F150 behind my car and the driver doesn't understand the rules.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Now if they can just explain to people that it’s ok to drive at the posted speed limit, rather than five or more(sometimes much more) below said limit. Nothing makes one’s day like driving 42 mph on a 4 lane highway because both lanes are blocked by folks being “extra safe” at 13 mph blow the posted limit.
Posted By: slumlord Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Fuggers around here don’t even know how to merge at a merge. “Hey I’m a dumb bitch in a Honda prelude, everyone needs to get out of my way I’m coming into the interstate, you too mr 80,000 lb 18 wheeler”
Posted By: WTF Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Cant be as bad as those Salt Lake Utards
Posted By: jnyork Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by WTF

Twice a year I have to drive I-15 from south of Provo almost to Ogden, I guess it's about 100 miles or so of urban sprawl, 5-6 lanes each way, bumper to bumper idiots to say nothing of the eternal road construction. White knuckle experience, I can assure you.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
If there’s an Idahoan on the road anywhere near you rest assured they’ll eventually be in the damn way.. if five of them get together they’ll effectively block every lane. Every.Damn.Time.
Down here it's a melting pot of the countries worst drivers for 4 months a year. They drive around like they haven't driven before. It gets so aggravating.
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1
They drive around like they haven't driven before.

They're trying to figure out how to pass the 90 year old blue-haired women who live there year round. The ones driving their late husband's 1975 Lincoln Town Car at 35 MPH in the fast lane of the interstate by looking through the steering wheel instead of over it!
Jerry
Posted By: Dess Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
No blinker in the presentation...none in real life. At least they're consistent.
Yes PD, that is the way I have always done a left turn onto the street. Of course, I have to drive clear to Nampa near Karcher Mall before I can find a five lane road. But when I am over there I enter the center turn lane and stop, then merge to the right as an opening presents.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
100' isn't much, about 5 or 6 car lengths.
When the center lane becomes a left turn lane, I wonder how soon you can get into it before the paint lines show it as a turn lane. I've often pulled into one way before it becomes a turn lane to get around a dozen cars at a stop light. That gets me out of the way of cars who want to go straight. I could probably get a ticket if the cops didn't do it, too.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by Dess
No blinker in the presentation...none in real life. At least they're consistent.

Yeah, that's how you tell it's a native Idahoan driving. Some time after you've figured out they're turning - they signal....maybe.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/25/20
Nashville, TN has the worst traffic east of the Mississippi. How anyone lives there without blowing their brains out from the sheer insanity of the daily traffic is a mystery. I'd rather be in Hell with my back broke than try to fight my way through that town every day.

The runner up is Orlando FL. Incomprehensible road systems, constant road construction and closures, and every other car on the road is a lost tourist.
Posted By: WTF Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by WTF

Twice a year I have to drive I-15 from south of Provo almost to Ogden, I guess it's about 100 miles or so of urban sprawl, 5-6 lanes each way, bumper to bumper idiots to say nothing of the eternal road construction. White knuckle experience, I can assure you.

I have to do it twice a week.
Posted By: Etoh Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by WTF

I have to do it twice a week.

How do yu merge in Boise----- Have Utah lic. plates-
Posted By: desertoakie Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Too many [bleep] Kalifornians in Idaho!!!
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by auk1124
The runner up is Orlando FL. Incomprehensible road systems, constant road construction and closures, and every other car on the road is a lost tourist.

Yup, I swear AC/DC was thinking about I-4 when they wrote Highway to Hell.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Originally Posted by auk1124

Yup, I swear AC/DC was thinking about I-4 when they wrote Highway to Hell.

The easiest way to ruin a Florida vacation? Drive from Orlando to Daytona. LOL
Posted By: RiverRider Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
I've seen signs around here that say "CENTER LANE FOR LEFT TURN ONLY," but I couldn't tell you when the last time was. They may have been taken down for years. I can say I see idiots on the road each and every weekday, and some weekends too.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
100' isn't much, about 5 or 6 car lengths.
When the center lane becomes a left turn lane, I wonder how soon you can get into it before the paint lines show it as a turn lane. I've often pulled into one way before it becomes a turn lane to get around a dozen cars at a stop light. That gets me out of the way of cars who want to go straight. I could probably get a ticket if the cops didn't do it, too.

RC, I am pretty sure Idaho law is that it is illegal to cross any solid yellow line, except to exit the roadway.

And I am as guilty as anyone of crossing into center turn lane on the solid yellow, and traveling a block or two before the actual intersection.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by desertoakie

Don't tell PD that. He's hoping to quietly slip a little bit of Cali into your lives. It's the Cali thing to do.
Posted By: persiandog Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Don't tell PD that. He's hoping to quietly slip a little bit of Cali into your lives. It's the Cali thing to do.

ok, i can't hide it anymore , i use to be ( ~ 30 years ) from there , but i didn't have a choice smile
Posted By: 700LH Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
It's 100 feet, I know of someone who was ticketed for it on overland, cop said they went 300 feet.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by persiandog

ok, i can't hide it anymore , i use to be ( ~ 30 years ) from there , but i didn't have a choice smile

laugh
Posted By: FreeMe Re: how to merge in Boise - 01/27/20

Haven't seen any evidence of that.

It's the Texans and Washingtonians that seem to be in the majority right now.
© 24hourcampfire