Home
Enjoy

Hilarious!
I told the wife is Warren is an Indian then I am a black man...She looked at my crotch and said , "God did not intend for you to be a black man"
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
I told the wife is Warren is an Indian then I am a black man...She looked at my crotch and said , "God did not intend for you to be a black man"

Lol, I haven't met your wife but I like her already!!
Funny, how 'ol Dizzy Lizzy doesn't talk much about being an Indian anymore.
yes, taking that DNA test was a lot worse than OJ's glove circus.
Funny.
The DNA test is interesting, I was supposed to have s lot of injun in me. Not a damn bit. It is 40.00 to have it done.
Hummm ... could be a "lying dogface pony soldier" ...
So percentage wise, how much do you have to have to make you a viable candidate?
Just mark Native American on your job application.
If it flies...you're an Indian.
Originally Posted by poboy
Just mark Native American on your job application.
If it flies...you're an Indian.

Didn’t seem to work too good for her... 🤣
I had the DNA run. It cost $100.
I am .1 percent Indian. One tenth of one percent. Dammit I was hoping for a higher rating.
But, even that is more Indian than Senator Warren.

And she is so dumb, and so full of herself, that after she got the test done, she did an interview with a Phd geneaology expert, who stated that, yes indeed she is part Indian.
1/1204th Indian. Essentially the test proved that she was not an Indian but she did the interview anyway. This is how much Trump got under her skin.
i'm 23% native American, i don't consider myself an Indian.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
So percentage wise, how much do you have to have to make you a viable candidate?

IIRC the Lakotas have tribal IDs with their blood faction listed in 64ths, as in 25/64ths.

Again IIRC ya gotta be at least a quarter, or 16/64ths to be an enrolled Lakota tribal member.

Degree varies with tribe.....

https://www.nativevillage.org/Messa...0Quantums%20for%20Native%20Americans.htm

The irony being that back in the old days among most tribes there was no such things as “halfbreeds”, you were either in or you weren’t, irrespective of DNA.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

IIRC the Lakotas have tribal IDs with their blood faction listed in 64ths, as in 25/64ths.

Again IIRC ya gotta be at least a quarter, or 16/64ths to be an enrolled Lakota tribal member.

Degree varies with tribe.....

https://www.nativevillage.org/Messa...0Quantums%20for%20Native%20Americans.htm

The irony being that back in the old days among most tribes there was no such things as “halfbreeds”, you were either in or you weren’t, irrespective of DNA.

Seems like when I was growing up damn near everybody claimed to have some Indian blood in ‘em. It was like the cool kid thing to do. These DNA tests broke a lot of hearts...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Even with DNA proven Native American Indian ancestors, it doesn't guarantee it will show in DNA testing equally or at all in siblings or descendants.

I had the blood genetic test done. It said I needed to nail an Indian chick.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My great grandmother on my mother’s side was a full blood Blackfoot. Have very little on my fathers side going back 7 generations.

My DNA test came back 99.8% white. I did test in the 90% for Neanderthal. Who knew, it was so easy even a caveman could do it.

Call me a little bit of a skeptic.
She is probably as much Indian as I am. My (13 times) Great Grandmother was Indian. She married one of my English ancestor back in 1628. I read one time that in 1650 there was one English woman to every fifty English men in Virginia. after all the generations it comes to something like 0.001 %.
You could have a grandparent who was 100% native american. Your parent from that branch would be close to 50% native DNA but there is no guarantee that you would have any native american DNA, you might and might not, you could have sibling with a large percentage while you have little or none. Before I got the test I mistakenly believed the DNA was split evenly from you ancestors, not true, its pretty random.
The Old Squaw from Assachussetts might be 1/1024 Native American, but she'd never last on a reservation or in remote AK village.
Originally Posted by Joezone
You could have a grandparent who was 100% native american. Your parent from that branch would be close to 50% native DNA but there is no guarantee that you would have any native american DNA, you might and might not, you could have sibling with a large percentage while you have little or none. Before I got the test I mistakenly believed the DNA was split evenly from you ancestors, not true, its pretty random.

I think you're right Joe, done a lot of reading on the subject when a family member got tested with surprising results. Way over my head, but I do remember some genetics from ol' Mendel and his peas. The family member's grandfather married a Southern Ute woman, we have the documents and entry in family bible. Great grandson shows no native blood. Unless genetic research is done for a legal case, I wonder how accurate these tests are. I mean, let's be honest, it's not like we can run our own test to check on their work. Hire another company maybe, but how would you know if one or the other was accurate...or neither one?
Years ago I was in Syracuse NY and went to hear an Onondaga Indian speak. During the talk he mentioned an old White guy living on their rez. The guy had been taken in when his parents died by an Onondaga family when he was a kid. The way the speaker put it was “he is us”, one of them.

So that White guy was considered to be an Indian by some Indians, but no descendants of his would show that. Same would be true of any other White person back in the days living with Indians of which there were a significant number. When people know they are part Indian but DNA doesn’t back it up that might sometimes be the reason. Ironically these people WERE Indians, as the Indians at the time defined it.
No per cap or commodities for him eh.
Come November, Warren will hit the "Trail of Tears", like her ancestors.
I'm 100% native American

0% American Indian
Our family had a pretty good idea where most of our more recent ancestors immigrated from and I'm one of several siblings. For those of us that have taken the test, results were mostly as expected. We knew we had a small amount of Delaware Indian in our history. My test showed none, same for other siblings that tested with exception of one sister who showed about 2% native American. We got a lot more Scandinavian than expected and don't know of any direct ancestors, most likely got it through Anglo Norman intermixing and aftermath of the Viking raids. I have a Dutch last name but none showed up in DNA, that line has been watered down pretty good over some generations. I'm mostly split between Scandinavian, Celtic and Balkan (Slovenian in our case).
Originally Posted by sactoller
I'm 100% native American

0% American Indian

Love it!
Originally Posted by stxhunter

You are "Dances with Fox"
I have all sorts of things to worry about. What my bloodline might be is a long way from making the cut. GD

A lady with a sense of humor is a prize indeed.

Tell her you’re now an Indian.......a member of the Islapaho tribe.

My Indian name is Chief Running Tab.
Originally Posted by poboy
Come November, Warren will hit the "Trail of Tears", like her ancestors.

Very good and true
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Joezone

I think you're right Joe, done a lot of reading on the subject when a family member got tested with surprising results. Way over my head, but I do remember some genetics from ol' Mendel and his peas. The family member's grandfather married a Southern Ute woman, we have the documents and entry in family bible. Great grandson shows no native blood. Unless genetic research is done for a legal case, I wonder how accurate these tests are. I mean, let's be honest, it's not like we can run our own test to check on their work. Hire another company maybe, but how would you know if one or the other was accurate...or neither one?

No trying to be uncouth, but the most probable reason is that some one in the line was “playing the field” so to speak.

Did you look her square in the eye and ask her how she kenned that?
Can these commercial DNA tests be trusted?

I recall a report from last year where the author was dubious as so many people were being identified as having significant native blood. He submitted blood samples from both himself and his beagle. He tested as not having any significant native blood while his beagle should be able to qualify to draw treaty money!
KYHillChick is related to Tecumseh by way of his half-sister Tecomapese. It's a long hair story involving a French fur trader and the New Madrid Earthquake. However, my son Angus is more Indian than Elizabeth Warren, and he's more Indian than Scots despite the bagpipes and the kilt and all that.

The latest on me is that KYHillChick dug up a Dutch line that goes back to a buddy of Henry Hudson and the founding of New Amsterdam, and somewhere in that morass is yet another instance where her kin and my kin mucked around with each other.
© 24hourcampfire